Purr, Kitten [PUBLISHED - Sam...

By krstljrk

[Cover credit: Malot Aznar] "You need to learn to notice when a door is closed. If the door is open, you go t... More

Foreword & FAQ
Burning Memories
Adam
Monster
Drugs and Kisses
Torturous Traditions
Playing Games
Possessive
Mrs. Luna
Eyes
Rotten
Tease
Fairytale's Over
Discoveries (Liam's POV)
Closure
Wise Girl
Secret Messenger
Execution
Purr, Kitten
History
Breakfast Gone Bad
Cookies
Equals
Dip the Balance.
Public Vote
Girls' Day Out
The Proposition
Return
Tom
Heart to Heart to Heart
Coronation
Enemy
The Meeting
The Pain
Heat Period
Personal Experience
Check-up
Stirring Drama Like Soup
Stupid Bravery
A Stranger
Insider
Discussions
History of the Rogues
Dancing Bears
Faux-friendly
Shadows
Eager
Insane
A/N
Epilogue
SEQUEL
Important Announcement
Facebook and Goodreads!
MEET SUPRAJA I.R.!
BUY the BOOK!!!
HELLOWEEN
Interview Liam And Kathryn!!!

Attached

573K 19.4K 2K
By krstljrk

It feels wonderful, guys, to come back to 50+ notifications after I've been away for a little bit. I love all of you so much! Thank you for making me

        For three days I've been either sleeping or dancing. It's been more stressful than ever. I rarely see Liam. Usually when I go to sleep, he's not there and arrives after me. And I always wake up alone. I feel him next to me at night, he pulls me closer to him and keeps me close, but by the morning, he's gone and I haven't absolutely seen him. Maybe it's the stupid mate thing, but I hate not seeing him at all.

        I tapped my toe against the floor impatiently, waiting as some women worked around me, taking my measurements, again. Perhaps they think I've grown after Ivy measured me first. Ivy and Grace stood on the side, talking quietly while watching over me. If Grace wasn't around, I'd probably snap at these women. I was bored and uncomfortable out of my mind.

        "Spread your legs again, please," one of the women mumbled and I did as instructed, throwing Ivy a begging look. She chuckled and shook her head, answering something to her mother. I just continued standing, like a stone statue, not daring to move. They were using pin-needles. I didn't even care to pay attention as to why. 

        One of the women read out the measurements and the other woman wrote them down on a notebook. I didn't even bother to listen.

        Finally, they left the room and I instantly sat down on the floor I had been standing on for an hour. "Great God. Who measures every inch of your body?" I asked dramatically. Ivy chuckled and nodded.

        "They are very thorough. The outfits for tomorrow are made entirely by our own pack members, as are some of our other important dressy clothes. For example, my mom had her wedding dress done by them."

        Grace smiled at me and nodded. "Yes. Naturally, soon you and Liam will have to get married as well. Then they are gonna do your wedding dress and Liam's suit." I looked up at her in shock. I opened my mouth as if to object, but Ivy gave me a warning look, so I shut it again.

        "Where is Liam anyways?" Ivy asked out of the blue. It made a grim look appear on my face and I crossed my arms across my chest.

        "I don't know. I haven't seen him for a few days," I mumbled.

        "At all?" Grace questioned. I just nodded grimly and stood up from my place on the seat.

        "Do I have some free time now?" I inquired. Ivy and Grace exchanged looks and then nodded. I thanked them briefly before walking out of the room. I didn't stop before I was out of the house. Then I stayed in my place for a few seconds taking in the fresh air. 

        There were wolves all around the house, who threw glances at me and some even bowed briefly, before walking on. I gave them a small smile and walked by a small road, towards the woods. I turned between the trees and shifted into my wolf form and ran.

        I wasn't going to leave him, yet. I just wanted some fresh air.

        I ran between the trees for a bit of time, until I reached another wolf and I shifted back. He shifted as well and glared at me.

      "You're not supposed to be here, Luna. This is the South border," the man said and tilted his head to the side. 

        "I just want to move around a little bit, calm down. What's your name?"

        He was quiet a little bit but then decided to answer. "Jon."

      "It's a pleasure to meet you, Jon. Am I allowed to perhaps stay here for a little bit?" I asked politely and he furrowed his eyebrows. 

        "Luna, with all due respect, I'm not sure the Alpha would appreciate that," he spoke.

        "You don't have to let him know in that mind-link. All I need is some break-time away from that house. Liam isn't anywhere around anyways," I explained. Jon frowned until finally nodding.

        "Alright, but I'm not going to be ripped to pieces because of his jealousy. I have a family to take care of," Jon added.

        I smiled brightly and nodded. "Family? Like a mate and children?"

        Jon smiled brightly. "Yes. I have a son, age three and a daughter just four months old," he said. I loved the dazed look on his face as he spoke of his family. It made me feel more comfortable around him, knowing he had a mate and thus wasn't going to be perverted around me like that bastard of a Beta.

        "And you're happy?" I asked calmly. He looked at me and smiled.

        "Happy when I've been on a shift all day and come home, and then a little baby girl starts crying in the middle of the night and I want to give my mate a bit of resting from working with the children all day?" For an instant there, I thought he was miserable, by the words he spoke. But the tone of his voice and that loving look in his eyes proved me wrong. "Yes. I am happy."

        We spent about three hours straight talking about his family. Mostly I just listened and asked questioned, gushing and aww-ing every once in a while. He sounded so dedicated to his family, it warmed my heart. Obviously not all in this pack are bad.

        By the time three hours had passed, I was sitting on a branch of a tree near us and Jon stood on the ground, looking into the distance, a goofy smile on his face.

        "I'd love to meet them one day," I spoke up. Jon looked to me and smiled.

        "I think you even have a chance," he joked and I giggled. Suddenly he turned serious and he looked down, as if bowing his head, but I didn't understand it, before a low growl.

        I jumped down from the tree and stepped in front of Liam, who looked like he was ready to bounce Jon. I didn't even wait a second with making a decision and I wrapped my arms around his waist and hugged him. He seemed so stiff, but calmed down and stumbled back a little, wrapping his arms around me.

        "We were just talking," I assured him silently. He just wrapped his arms around me tighter.

        "I've missed you, Kitten," he whispered next to my ear. I sighed and nodded, almost as if saying the same thing. I pulled away from Liam, much to his disliking as he tried to keep me there, and I turned around to face Jon, who was still politely bowing.

      "Jon. I'll you see you another time, yeah?" I asked with a smile. Jon looked up, smiled and nodded.

        "Yes, Luna, of course. I'm sure Michael would love to meet you," he answered. Liam's posture behind me stiffened and I turned around to him.

        "Liam, let's go," I called, but he wouldn't move. He only glared at Jon. I huffed and began walking away alone then. I kept my gaze ahead of me, but I felt him slipping his arm on my back and he walked next to me.

        It took some time for us both to walk back to the house, because I had ran here before in my wolf form, but we made it there in no time none the less. I saw Ivy a few feet away from us on the side of the house, and I directed my steps towards her, but Liam's hand held me back.

        I looked back at him and raised my eyebrows. He was looking at me in visible pain. It made me worry and I stepped back to him. "What's wrong?" I asked softly.

        He pressed me closer to him, until my hands were against his chest and he sighed.

        "Who's Michael?" he asked. My eyes softened and I chuckled shaking my head slightly.

       "He's Jon's three-year-old son, Liam. We were talking about his family and he spoke about his children. I just said I'd love to meet them, at some point he said I could help his mate with babysitting," I explained.

        He smiled and nodded. "I want to spend some time with you. For the last few days I get to work early, come back late and only once then you were still half-awake. Tomorrow I'm most likely going to be busy as well."

        "Oh yeah, your birthday," I nodded. I closed my eyes for a few seconds. It was horrible, in the best of ways, how much and how fast I have gotten so attached to Liam.

        The rest of the evening, we spent side-by-side in the bedroom, just talking of our days and random stuff. He kept the information from his day a little laid back and I noticed. There was something he was hiding from me. But I didn't have the right to question him about it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1M 134K 37
Alpha Cross of the Macabre Pack was a ruthless killer. He was known for leaving pack after pack in a bloodbath with not a single survivor in sight. A...
114K 6.9K 52
Book 2 in the Rootbridge Pack series. You DON'T need to have read book 1 in order to enjoy this. You'll find a plot summary for An Alpha's Alpha (Boo...
284K 13K 44
Complete. Rootbridge Pack - Book one. She's on the run. He's living a normal life. She's being chased by shadows - haunted by memories. He's just ha...
31.9K 2.1K 46
A spin-off from the Rootbridge series. Callie's wolf is out of control and therapy isn't helping her understand the fragments of memories she has abo...