Heart of Radiance | Eternal B...

Par WondaGal

*Book 3 in the Eternal Bonds Series* *Threequel to Blood of Darkness* *Sequel to Soul of Shadows* *Inspired b... Plus

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Epilogue
Spin-Off Series
Preview of Sunset: Prologue
Preview of Sunset: Chapter One

Chapter One

247 21 4
Par WondaGal

AN: Hello everyone and welcome to Chapter One of Heart of Radiance! We're going to get right into Gabriel's head and then switch gears. Hope you all enjoy! Be sure to drop some comments as you read! Now onward and forward to Chapter One!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

*Gabriel*

I woke up to my phone ringing. I groaned and reached for it. I grabbed it off of my night table and glanced down at the screen. A FaceTime request from Selena Drake. I smiled. My sister in law had checked in often over the past few weeks. I accepted her request and smiled when Julian's face appeared on screen.

"Hey little man," I greeted my nephew.

Julian squealed with delight when he saw me.

I smiled. It had been a few weeks since I'd last seen Julian in person, but Selena and Damien had made sure to include their son in video chats, so I got to see him at least.

"Julian, is that my phone?" I heard a familiar voice ask. The camera shifted and soon Selena's face came into view as she held the phone in her hands, taking it away from Julian. "Hi Gabe," she greeted me, "Sorry about that. Did he wake you?"

"Yes, but it's fine Lena," I assured her, "I was going to get up soon anyway."

I saw Julian reach for the phone and pout when he realized he couldn't reach it. My nephew was very expressive it seemed.

Selena and I chuckled at Julian's cute expression.

"He really misses you," Selena told me, "Any idea when you'll be back?"

"None whatsoever," I replied.

"Why'd they even summon you?" Selena asked.

"Tatiana's crown is being threatened by her sister, Nysa," I told Selena, "Tatiana's asked me to mediate between them. She wants a peaceful resolution."

"It's great that you're doing that, but you'll be missing Star's wedding," Selena told me.

"I know," I sighed, "It's in a couple of days right?"

"Yeah," Selena replied before turning to Julian, "She's really excited."

"Most brides usually are," I replied.

Selena smiled.

"I didn't know I was speaking to Stefan Drake," she smirked. I rolled my eyes. "In all seriousness though, what are you going to do?" she asked.

I sighed.

"I don't know," I admitted, "I need more information before I decide. So I'll probably hit the books and do some research."

"Good idea," Selena agreed.

"Selena!" I heard a voice call out.

Selena sighed.

"That's Star," she told me, "I'd better go."

"We'll talk again soon," I told her. She nodded. "Bye Julian," I told my nephew. He waved at me, and a smile spread across my face.

Selena hung up and I got out of bed and got ready for the day.

I left my room and almost ran into Raine, the scout that had been sent to the Flower Valley with me in order to ensure my safety.

"Sorry My King," Raine told me, "I really need to watch where I'm going."

"It's my fault," I told her, "I apologize. Where were you going?"

"I was looking for you," she replied, "I'm supposed to guard you."

"Right," I replied, "Well...have you eaten breakfast yet?"

She shook her head.

"Would you like to join me for breakfast?" I asked.

"I shouldn't, Blaze said that we're not supposed to eat with higher ranked vampires that aren't our Sires," she told me.

In a sense, Raine was right. Lower ranked vampires weren't allowed to eat with higher ranked ones that weren't their Sires or blood siblings. And usually, I'd follow that rule, especially when it came to my own Fledglings, Leon and Ava, but right now, Raine and I were the only vampires around. So, I didn't see any harm in breaking the rules. Just this once.

"That's normally the case, but we're the only vampires around here," I told her, "So I think it's alright if you eat with me."

"Thank you," Raine told me, "I'm honoured."

We walked the rest of the way to the dining hall in silence. The woman I was walking with was a bit of a mystery to me. I knew she was a Scout and a Healer. I also knew that her family wasn't very prominent in Court. But I didn't know much more than that.

And for some reason I found myself wanting to know more. This young woman in front of me intrigued me and I wasn't sure why.

We entered the dining room and sat down at the large table. Tatiana, Calypso, and Melisande weren't there, but the table had fruit, oatmeal, and toast, on it, so I assumed that they'd already eaten.

"After you, Raine," I told my companion. Raine helped herself to some fresh fruit and whole wheat toast. I examined the table and took some fruit for myself. The menu choices didn't surprise me. Many Faeries were vegans, and therefore, chose to eat food that was not an animal byproduct.

"What are you doing today, My King?" Raine asked.

Part of me wished that she'd stop being so formal. We weren't in Court and there was no one else around.

"Today, I'll be meeting with Tatiana," I told Raine, "I need to understand her history with Nysa and how they ended up in this situation."

Raine nodded.

Truth be told, I didn't know much about the situation. I didn't know much about Nysa, period. But I knew that I had to find out. The more I knew, the more I could help.

But my meeting with Tatiana wasn't until later, which meant that I had a free morning and it made me wonder if I should spend it with the intriguing young woman sitting across from me.

Raine intrigued me and I found myself wanting to know more about her. This had been happening since the night I met her in the safe house. Why? Was it because she had saved my sister? Or was it something else? I wasn't sure. But something inside me was telling me that I needed to know Raine.

"Raine, I don't have to meet Tatiana until later, so I was wondering if you'd like to go out and explore the city of the Fae with me?" I asked, "I can show you around if you'd like."

She smiled.

"Thank you, My King," Raine told me, "I'm honoured."

*Starlene*

I sat on a couch in my room, next to the fire, curled up against Calder's warm body. A blanket was draped over us. I sighed as I felt the familiar feeling of Calder's arms around me. I ran one of my hands over the two black bands he had tattooed on his bicep. All scouts had that tattoo. Well, at least, all vampire scouts did. I began to trace the outlines of the scars on his torso and Calder had a lot of them. Some were from his days as a scout and some were from protecting other supernaturals.

"You never told where this one was from," I told him as I touched a scar that was on his stomach.

"Hawthorn laced knife," Calder replied, "I was getting a witch to safety when a Hunter decided it'd be a good idea to fight me. I was careless and got nicked by his knife. The witch I had saved happened to have some Valerian, so I got lucky."

It was silent for a moment and then I turned to him.

"How does it feel to know that you'll officially be a Drake in two days?" I asked.

He smiled.

"God I'm so happy," Calder told me, "You'll be slipping a ring on this finger and I'll finally be a Drake for real."

I smiled. Calder would be wearing two of my rings. The first would be his wedding band and the second would be his new Daylight Talisman with the Drake family crest on it. Calder would also be taking my last name once we were married. He and I were far less traditional than most couples. The bride was usually the one that took her groom's last name and accepted his family crest, but not me and Calder. Calder was ready to give up his last name. He hated being a Sinclair.

I kissed his lips with a smile before kissing my way down his neck as I made my way to his shoulder. But I stopped short when I got there.

Then I noticed something on Calder's shoulder. It was a scar I had never seen before and it looked new. This was the first time I'd seen it and something felt off about it.

"Where did you get this?" I asked and I felt him stiffen in my embrace.

"Star..." he sighed.

"Cal, what happened?" I asked as my voice shook with worry and concern.

"I went to see my parents," Calder admitted. That didn't surprise me. Calder's parents hadn't RSVP'd for the wedding and Calder probably wanted to make sure they didn't forget. "I reminded them about the wedding," Calder told me.

"And?" I asked. But I instantly regretted asking. Calder let out a shaky breath and his eyes flooded with pain and he turned his head, so that I couldn't look into his eyes. I saw tears beginning to well up in his gorgeous cobalt blue eyes. "Hey...Cal...talk to me," I told him soothingly. I placed my hand on his cheek and he turned to me. The amount of pain in his eyes shattered my heart into a thousand pieces.

"I went home and told my parents about the wedding and how excited I was," he told me, "My Dad wasn't pleased. He said that I was becoming the lapdog of the Drake family and that I was disgracing our family. He said and I quote, 'If you marry that whore, then you can't call yourself a Sinclair anymore.' I punched him for disrespecting you and he gave me that scar in retaliation. He said it would be a reminder that I chose a whore over my family." Tears started to roll down Calder's cheeks. "I don't know why I suddenly thought he would care," Calder admitted, "Part of me just wanted my Dad to say I'm proud of you, but I didn't even get that. I know I shouldn't be surprised. This is the man who neglected me and terrorized me for years while my Mom stood by and did nothing to stop it."

"I know," I told him as I kissed his jaw, inadvertently tasting his salty tears in the process, "But your Dad isn't going to be around to terrorize you anymore. You get to stay here with me. You don't have to go back there. Ever."

"I never really had a family before Damien welcomed me into his," Calder admitted.

"You're one of us Cal," I assured him, "You're a Drake and I promise you that you always will be."

He kissed my forehead affectionately.

"Thanks Star," he whispered.

I kissed his cheek and rested my head on his chest.

Calder's Father had always had a grudge against my family, but I never understood why. Even Calder himself didn't understand it.

"I love you," I told you, "Don't ever forget that."

"I love you too," he told me before kissing my hair.

There was a knock on the door and I heard my Fledgling's voice.

"Sire, may I come in?" she asked.

I quickly got off Calder and threw on some clothes and Calder did the same. Once we were both decent, I opened the door for Emily, my Fledgling.

"Come in, Emily," I told her.

She entered and noticed Calder's presence and blushed in embarrassment. She knew instantly that she'd interrupted something.

"Sorry for disturbing you, Sire, my Lord," she told us, "But this arrived for you."

Emily handed me an envelope and I opened it. I pulled out a letter and began to read aloud.

"My dear friend, I've heard you're getting married. I'm on my way to see you and will arrive in Blackfell soon. Your beloved friend, Isla."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

AN: Thanks for reading! Be sure to drop some comments and vote!

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

33.1K 964 28
In the world of vampires, the three kings have ruled with an iron fist for centuries, believing that they were the most powerful beings in existence...
2K 78 12
**Story Sample, you can find this story on DREAME*** Hades, God of the Underworld was stripped of his love Persephone, when Selene, the Moon Goddess...
687K 42.2K 43
***COMPLETED!!!*** ---- Everyone has secrets... Vincent, Viscount Thorne, perfected his wicked grin and his good-humored mask years ago. He has no ti...
1.8K 134 22
*Book 3 of the Fated Four Series* *Inspired by the Three Fates (the Moirai) of Greek Mythology* ~*~ "Designate your true self to find the answers yo...