Alfred's 50 Plus 1(aph States...

By LuciiPL22

It's finally America's turn to hold a meeting in his country. Let me just tell you, he's a nervous wreck... J... More

Basics of the book
A Needed Explanation
Meeting the States and Introductions pt. 1
Introductions pt. 2
Govonor? Oh no...
The Jones' Residence
Good Morning America!
The Tour pt.1
The Tour pt.2
PLEASE READ NEW AND OLD READERS!!!

The Dreadful Meeting

11.7K 228 836
By LuciiPL22

The day began with a rather gloomy mood with frigid winds and cloudy skies. This didn't help with the sleep deprived nations already on a second helping of coffee combined with frustration after losing baggage at the airport though arriving through a private jet.

The famous nations of the world had decided to congregate in America of all places. Chicago to be precise.

The city of Chicago: A place of wonder and diversity with a famous nickname "The Windy City." Fueled by the local's hate of it's bipolar weather.

Seriously. It sucks.

All the countries are already familiar with America's crazy weather, so no one had to think twice when having to pack for all four seasons. It was just a shame that it was scheduled in the month of January.

(For those of you that don't know; once Chicago reached temperatures lower than Antarctica at the time making an all time record for us...)

~

Alfred had been pacing the room for about thirty minutes. He had to mentally prepare himself for this meeting. Specifically some of the hurtful comments that would be thrown around.

Another large factor was that he was stressing over another meeting that no one should find out about. He made sure to talk with all his employees and any other sources available to make sure everything runs smoothly.

Then again, nothing runs smoothly around here, but Alfred had to remain optimistic and focus on the matter at hand.

After what felt like forever, countries started to file in one by one and took their places.

Once Germany, who actually took charge unlike others, was settled and some straggling countries came in complaining about the "traffic and icy roads", the meeting began.

In Alfred's opinion things were going well! To the outsiders view it looked like hell but to him it was better than normal. Some people seemed more tolerable than usual and there were more conversations than arguments.

This seemed to ease his mind into forgetting his other stressors.

After quick introductory conversation and a small recap of the last meeting, presentations were next on the agenda.

The topic was picked beforehand giving everyone time to prep. The topic simply  being everyone's economic status and plans on future spending.

Alfred respectfully had to be first for he was the host. On other meetings, when Alfred wasn't the host, he was always second or at most third. The others wanted to get his presentation over with as soon  as possible, though they'd never admit that.

As he stood up, and approached the wood finished podium at the head of the table, Alfred could see everyone mentally groan preparing for some stupid B.S. That's exactly what he had in mind. Alfred was quickly looking over his pretend and made up notes about Aliens, robots and what not when his obnoxious ringtone went off.

"Sorry dudes and dudettes. The hero needs to take an important phone call!" Alfred exclaimed in an uncomfortable volume calling in his handy "Heroic" facade and quickly slipped out his phone.

After just glancing at the contact name Alfred visibly paled. Others around him noticed his change in expression while others perked up after hearing the man cursing under his breath.

A majority of the room was already interested in this inconvenient phone call. Who wouldn't? This was unusual behavior for the hyper country so something is bound to happen.

In order to get some privacy, Alfred just shifted his gaze away from the nations as some of their prying gazes had made him uncomfortable.

"Yes? What is it?" Alfred warily answered, both hands protectively cradling the phone to his ear.

Only those closest to Alfred could hear a muffled voice of distress; a few were able to distinguish that it was in an unrecognizable language.

"What?!" Alfred suddenly exclaimed in more of a hushed tone. "What do you mean right now?"

Practically everyone was staring so in order to get the most privacy he had no choice. He turned a little further to his left and-

The way everyone's expressions fell when Alfred began to speak in another language was priceless. He would be laughing at it right now but he had other things to focus on.

Now the fact that Alfred was speaking a foreign language wasn't as surprising as the fact that no one knew what language it was in the first place.

Next thing you know everyone was silently darting their eyes around the table of nations trying to see if anyone looked like they knew the language or could at least translate a little bit. They at least had some sanity left to be polite and stay quiet to not disrupt the conversation. The truth behind that probably being they wanted to continue listening, or try their best by reading Alfred's emotions.

With no one able to translate, all attention was back on Alfred; who was clearly now in more distress, pacing back and forth slightly, and fiddling with his glasses.

{ok, but can this wait?!} Alfred stated lightly throwing his hand out in front of him as if he had been conversing with that person.

More mumbling could be herd over the phone over Alfred's attentive silence.

{Don't use that tone, young lady} Alfred scolded, waving his finger talking to this imaginary being. His expression grew stern only fueling his coworker's curiosity.

{Honey, I can't! I'm in the middle of a meeting!} He gestured towards the countries for this imaginary person only confusing the lot.

{I'll just excuse myself and try to get to you as quickly as possible. Alright?}

"Hey- No no no no!" Alfred repeated, switching back to English due to his frantic state.

*click*

America sighed in defeat. He turned back around and rested his head on the podium to recollect his thoughts. He didn't care if everyone was staring.

"Um... are you alright?" A concerned England asked tentatively getting up.

~

Alfred was far from "alright".

Truth is Alfred has 51 kids.

50 states and one capital and he loves them all very much.

Just like the countries, the states hold their own meetings. These meetings are more like the older siblings actually doing work while the others bicker or play.

The location of their meetings are also randomly decided similar to Alfred's and the other countries, but they stay within the US. Both groups of personifications just saw Chicago as a good fit. The city is a large and major city of America so it's seen as suitable to house such "important" and "productive" meetings.

Alfred tried his best to convince the president , who was well aware of the problem at hand, to reschedule somewhere else but it was too late. The other world leaders had agreed to the timing and location, finalizing the decision.

And to be honest many of the nations would find it suspicious if Alfred all of a sudden changed when and where the meeting will held with no reasonable excuse.

~

Alfred looked up at the Brit, still resting his chin on the podium, "Oh, yeah everything's alright just some-" he hesitated, straightening up, "Government issues." He finished.

"Don't lie to me!" England shouted. Alfred visibly winced but that didn't stop the man.

"What was all that scolding about?! And in another bloody language?" Arthur exclaimed, "I didn't know you knew another language besides your stupid American Slang!"

Trying his best to tune out the hot-headed personification, Alfred attempted to continue the meeting.

"Ok. So moving on." Alfred quickly blurted, trying to sound as optimistic as he could. He glanced between his notes, his "parental figure", and the room trying to keep his composure. It seemed as if he was used to this chaos.

"Back to where I left off-"

BOOM

Silence was ordered after the overpowering sound of heavy oak doors being forced open.

"Oh god no-." Alfred muttered under his breath.

Standing there was a young teenage girl. She looked to be physically the age of 14, maybe early 15. She had blue eyes and a surplus amount of freckles across her nose, with a high ponytail keeping her long, blonde hair out of her face. She wore a baseball t-shirt which read "cubs" tucked into baggy blue jeans. She had white shoes and a thin, black down feather jacket thrown over her outfit.

She was slightly panting as if she had ran to the room. Her eyes flickered across each of the faces in the room before settling on America.

Her eyes immediately brightened as she gasped for more air, "Hey da-"

Before she could finish another person, roughly the same age as her, ran up behind her also slightly panting.

He had wavy dirty blonde hair with light blue eyes. He wore a dark green flannel shirt with dark navy jeans. He also had a brown leather jacket on with brown timberland boots to match.

They mysterious boy bumped into the equally mysterious girl, knocking themselves over causing them both to go, "ope!"

Canada and America both glanced at each other before quickly racing over to the two teens helping them up. The Mexico twins, Diego and Maria, also stopped but remained at their seats. They looked over to the children with worry.

"Uh... hello miss....." America said cautiously. He gave her the 'isweartogodifyougiveawayyouridentitytothenationsyouareasogrounded'* look. Apparently the message wasn't delivered.

"And who are you, mademoiselle?" France, who was stood next to Canada, asked.

"Oh hello there mister!" The girl waved and smiled brightly. She paused and took Canada's hand to be hoisted up.

"The names Illinois Jones, but people call me "Illy" for short!" She beamed at the foreign man.

Those spectating from the back marveled at how bright and cheerful she was in a room of strangers. Though she seemed familiar. A little too familiar.

The girl stepped to the side and guestured her hands to the boy, "And this is my stupid brother Wis, though I like to call him cheese boy." She smiled as her, now introduced "Wis", or was it "cheese boy?", had stuck his tongue out at her.

"Cheese?" Spain questioned. A rather peculiar name. Others nodded towards Spain as if they were asking the same question.

"Wisconsin is my full name" Wis stepped forward sending a glare to his sister one last time before turning back to the nations, "Illy uses the nickname since my state is known for its dairy products!" He proudly smiled at that last fact.

The room seemed to still after a certain word. "State?" Some of them echoed.

Alfred just face palmed. He didn't care if anyone saw. He was done.

The girl turned to her father who still had his hand to his face. He didn't want to face the situation hoping it'd just go away.

"Anyways... Hey dad I-"

"Hold on for a brief second." England interrupted holding up a hand, gaining the room's attention, "Correct me if I'm wrong, but if your name is Illinois and the previously mentioned "state" by your brother 'Wisconsin' is it?, does that mean you're the personification of the state? Or..."

"Mhmm." She replied happily nodding her head not knowing the situation she's putting her father in.

England Continued.

"I'm confused. What is your relation with America?" He pointed to Alfred who was now gnawing at his nails trying to keep his composure. "I'm just curious, going off of the fact that you are named after a US state and bear the same surname."

"No yeah, he's my pops." Illi nodded towards her 'pops', innocently folding her hands behind her, smiling.

"Are there more of you?" France butted in nodding to both Illinois and Wisconsin.

"Yep all of us!" Wisconsin now answered for this odd interrogation.

England's eyes grew and all color of his face drained, "So does that means that I'm a grandfather to 50 grandchildren?!"

"51 actually" Wisconsin spoke up, "Washington DC is our older sister." he corrected the elder.

England was quick to pass out startling those who hovered around his body.

Ignoring the fact that they just exposed their whole family's secret all while disregarding the unconscious man, Illinois and Wisconsin were finally able to get ahold of their father.

"So anyways! This cheese brain was annoying me 'bout sports again!" Illy quickly changed from her hyper attitude to one of anger and pouting.

"Well its not my fault your teams suck! So shut the hell up!" He retorted back crossing his arms.

The two continued to bicker in front of their silent "father" whilst the nations were trying to revive England and comprehend the fact that Alfred had kids.

The United States of America.

The hyper, burger-loving country.

A father?

They couldn't believe this.

"Now wait a second..." Germany started in attempt to calm everyone, but was interrupted when Alfred had finally spoke up.

"Ok. One: watch your language young man." Alfred scolded his 'son'? "Two: Packers do have better players BUT she has the Cubs and Blackhawks."He gestured to Illi, who stuck her tounge out at Wis, "And three, you really couldn't wait to talk about this back at home?" Alfred sighed pinching the bridge of his nose with a hand on his hip.

"I mean we could've." Wisconsin shrugged his shoulders, "but that's not the only reason we're here." His voice quieted as he wrung his hands together.

"Do tell me more..." Alfred mused sarcasticly.

The others in the room were just gawking at the group of three. Alfred has kids and he can act like an adult? Who would've thought?

"Well, both the Carolina and Dakota twins are having a battle to see who's the strongest twin duo." The girl started using air quotes.

"And Hawaii is crying because someone stepped on the paper flower crown she was making."Wisconsin continued

The two siblings just kept listing off event after event. Just listening to this would make any parent cringe.

"Oh and Virginia got overprotective of Hawaii and started accusing everyone of hurting Hawaii's feelings."

"AND Virginia had accidentally called Rhode short so he's now mad."

"DC's having an internal meltdown because she can't stop anyone to have a normal meeting for once."

"And Delaware just flat out gave up with DC."

"Oh and somehow the twin's fight got mingled with everyone's. Soooo basically everyone's having a big argument over nothing. Like normal."

The two were talking so fast that no one seemed to catch anything, though Alfred remained unfazed, an attentive yet disappointed expression painting his face.

"ENOUGH!"

Everyone stopped and found the source of the voice, which was Germany.

"Alfred..." the German turned to the, now tense, American.

"Care to explain... this?" He waved his arm at the two children who were already silently arguing over who knows what.

He didn't even respond only sighed loudly. This was going to be a long day.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

* "I swear to god if you give away your identity to the nations you're so grounded"

This concludes the first chapter.

I will consider all suggestions and take any criticism!

Thank you for reading!

(Edited 4/13/21)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 42.4K 50
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
9.4M 307K 52
"you're all mine; the hair, the lips, the body, it's all mine." highest previous rankings: - #1 in jimin - #1 in pjm - #1 in btsfanfic cover by: @T...
524K 11.2K 38
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1.1M 47.8K 94
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC