War of Love

By sizzlingblacky

"It all started with a fight.." Ishaani Karthik hails from the nation where culture plays a major role. Born... More

Epilogue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter-8
Chapter-9
Chapter 10
Chapter-11
Chapter-12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 18

72 1 2
By sizzlingblacky

I spent the whole weekend dragging around in my pajamas with a book hooked around my nose. Since we have only a week before the finals I have to get these finished. It's my first exam after joining CLU and my dad would expect me to clear everything with straight A's. And I am lagging really back, what with all the drams going around me. If only my dad could see me right now?

Thinking about him made me realize that I'll be able to be with him within few weeks. He has promised nearly a month of vacation for me and I can't wait to be with him. With that gleeful thought I packed my bag and pulled my hair into high ponytail matching my peplum top. Satisfied about my decent appearance I marched into the living room to look for my bestie.

"Oh there you are!" Kath said relieved as I noticed that she too had gotten ready, very ready. She had her curly hair swept on one side with hoop earrings. And a red top with black jeans matched with very high stilettos. "I thought I had to drag you around with those books stuck" She said as I glared at her.

"Kidding babe" She said and moved towards kitchen to hunt for food.

"What about having breakfast out Kath? I am craving Italian" I told her rubbing my tummy.

"Hmm. Alright then" She smiled and moved towards door.

"Wow" Kath mumbled with mouthful. "Wow" She said again as I laughed out.

"You're doing it again" I laughed looking at her as cheese bits stuck to her lips.

"Yummy" She said ignoring me and savoring her pizzas. I thought I was the one craving this food.

"Look who decided to grace us with their presence" We both turned around to find our friends walking towards us with trays of breakfast in our college cafeteria.

"Omigod" Kath started to wipe out the cheese using her napkin but Shiva was quicker.

"Awe my baby is so cute" He said plopping next to her pinching her cheeks. We all laughed as Kath turned to the shade of ripe tomatoes.

After a ravishing breakfast we all turned to our favorite bench in the campus as there was enough time for first class. "So how come we didn't see much of you guys this weekend?" Cindy asked us both.

"Yes someone deliberately avoided me stating that she had to study" Shiva said looking at Kath. "She was studying" I assured him. "Well not all of us can sail through the exams like you, you know"

"Exams? Are those next week?" This was Cindy, color drained from her face as Shivani nodded her head.

"Oh no. Oh no. Oh no" She half leapt and started rummaging her bag. "Found it" She said as she picked up her cellphone and started dialing a number.

"Hey babe. It's me. Can you come over today so that I can prepare for the upcoming exams?" She said as we all started to laugh in the background. Only Cindy would find it helpful to call her boyfriend over to cope up with the exams.

"It's time for me to go" I said and moved towards my department waving to my friends.

I was waiting for the elevator when someone tapped on my shoulders. "Lucky me to see you in the morning" I smiled as I recognized the owner of that voice.

"Good morning to you too Chris" I said pulling him behind me.

"Wow. Even two days seem a long time without seeing you Ishaani" he said as my smile vanished. It's my biggest problem with Chris is I clearly know that he has feelings for me and I have not done anything to let him know about my true feelings either. Somehow someday I must do it. Maybe sooner than expected. But I didn't want to lose him either. I am so used to his company.

I tucked my hair behind my ears and moved inside the elevator as it came propping down. He followed me suit.

"So?" I asked facing him, "Last week of classes huh?"

"Yeah. I'll miss sitting next to you though" he said smiling. It was not so easy to not smile back at those cute dimples.

"Come on" I urged him out of the elevator. I was about to go inside when he pulled my hand and stopped me before I could reach the door.

I turned around querying. "Ishaani. I have something to tell you and I'd rather not do it here" he said as I bit my lip. There goes my carefree time with Chris.

"I have already invited you to my home. And I would really love if you could come over anytime. Will you?" He asked as I stood transfixed not knowing what to say.

"Chris... I" My voice snapped off hearing another voice at the same time.

"Don't you both classes to go to?" I jumped and dropped my books at his voice. I turned around to find him standing few feet from us. Chris picked up my books and handed it to me.

"Well come on Ish" he said and moved towards the door. I nodded my head but remained rooted to the spot looking at him.

He was wearing a black and white striped shirt with his hair sticking in all the perfect directions. But his face was not as devilishly handsome as I saw last night. He had a glare in his face that was directed right at me.

"I..." I started to say but he brushed past me without another glance. Great. Just great. What did I do for him to get angry like that? Then something dawned over me as Kath's words flooded my memory. Shit he's jealous. And me with Chris, just made his day, I guess.

The rest of the class passed in a blur and it was lunch already. I dragged my feet to the table where I usually sat with my friends. "Why the long face?" Shiva asked taking a bite at his bagel.

"Nothing. Just tired, I guess" I replied pushing away my tray of food. I am not feeling hungry neither happy enough to finish everything in this plate.

"Tired already? We still have a week to go before weekend" He laughed at my state.

I wiggled my tongue at him and dropped my head on the table. "What happened?" I heard Kath whisper next to me. I looked up to find Shiva talking to his friend from the baseball team.

"What do you think?" I said biting my lip.

"Did you guys have a fight again?" She asked blinking.

"Kath! We never even have normal conversations ever. It's either 'let's ravish each other' or 'let's kill each other'" I sighed thinking what kind of mess I got myself into. Is it really worth all this tension and hurt?

"Well that's love my dear" She said patting my shoulders.

"I think love is a strong word for that Kath" I don't know whether I would call this love. But I know I like him and I can't wait to spend the living minutes with him.

"Don't push it. You of all people should have a decent love story Ish. God if only I could talk some sense into him" She punched her arms as I laughed, definitely my mood relaxing.

--------------------------------------------------

The whole week passed without anymore accidents as i was keeping a low profile. I never looked up in his class and he never picked me out either. Finally it was friday before the weekend for exams. It was time for our last class, the one I was dreading all day. But I can't neglect it, can I?

I found my seat occupied by Chris and the nearby bench occupied by Ranveer as usual. I did a double take at my seating position. It does look like these two guys swooning over me. Maybe I do get him angry. Will I be okay if he sits with some glamorous blonde and dusky girl on either side? Definitely not!

I gave them a wide smile and waved indicating that I have a headache and going to find a seat at the back. They both looked confused but didn't argue further as Mr.Parker came bustling into the class.

I dropped my head at once, getting busy with the doodle in my notebook. He dawned on bout the upcoming exams and the things we'll be covering next week. I never risked a glance at his direction, afraid that he might glare again. I was trying to remember the way he looked at me Friday night in his lawn.

His eyes held mine and pulled me toward him involuntarily. I have never felt this way about anyone before unless you count a mysterious date I had when we were in London. I have never had the urge to impress someone before. It was always the other way around and this is my first time getting upset over a guy.

I smiled little thinking about all those things, the guys who were after me said after I turned them down. I must have really pissed them off and that must have been the reason for me to swoon over a guy who barely recognizes me.

"Hey sleepyhead" I blinked enough to find the class nearly empty and Kath standing over me.

I grabbed my things urgently not wanting to have an encounter with him and followed Kath out of the room when his contagious voice called me, "A moment Ms.Karthick"

Kath turned around and gave me thumbs up as I stood transfixed near the door. He brushed past me to close the door and when he came back his shirt feathered me. And there I go with the goosebumps. Get a grip Ishaani.

I dint say anything and waited for him to speak, staring at my pretty shoes. I was already pissed at him for his behavior of letting me down Friday night and this morning.

"Look at me" And again with the order. I sighed knowing what will happen if I stare at those blue eyes.

I lifted my head to see him standing with a tense expression. My heart eased out at once. And all I wanted at that moment was everything around us to wash away and leave us both alone. Him and me. Nothing else matters in this world.

"Yes Mr.Parker" I said unable to stand this feeling of desperation. This feeling of not being able to be with him hurts so much that I just wanted to disappear and move away from him, to check whether this pain goes away.

"Should I repeat for you to call me by my name again?" he said now taking dangerous steps toward me. My legs automatically made a half step back. Coward heart not wanting to move away from him.

"Why? You never call me by my name. Then why should I?" I stomped my feet. Really! Did I just do that? God! Why am I behaving like a teenager?

To my surprise he chuckled and moved forward again so that we both can feel our breaths. Isn't this wrong? Us being in this closed room together. Won't he get in trouble for this?

"Ishaani" he said and I gulped. The way his lips pronounced my name made me vulnerable.

"We both can't do whatever we wish due to the abnormal positions we hold at present" he said and moved even more close as my body became rigid. I could smell his perfume that smelt of oak wood and nature.

"Huh?" I blinked not sure of what he meant.

"you wont know how badly I want you to be not my student. Do you know how hard it is for me to simple stand here and watch you? How painfully I want us to be out of here?" He spoke as I gasped.

As if that was his cue he took my face roughly in his hands and moved forward so that our lips would touch if we both spoke a word. The way his eyes held mine made me go weak in my knees. Then as if contemplating something he cursed under his breath.

"Shit Ishaani, you are going to be the death of me" He said and dropped his hands and moved an inch.

I didn't speak even then and was staring at his face. He made me too mesmerized to even speak. God this man does know how to make a girl go weak in knees.

Finally as if coming out of a daze he spoke slowly, "I do know I confuse you a lot by my actions. But let me correct it" I was really confused right now.

"How about us talking about these" he said as if our problem was lying around in our classroom. "I want to meet you somewhere where we are not surrounded by books and cupboards"

I smiled a little for the first time today, letting the muscles relax, "Yeah, where would that be?" I replied smiling.

"There is a place next town, which I love" he said and I breathed in knowing what's coming next.

"Will you go out with me there?" he asked and I was surprised to find him standing nervously for my answer.

"Yes. I would love to" isn't this what I have been waiting so long for. Thank god he can't hear my heart jumping in its place right now.

"After your exams of course" he added as we both laughed out aloud.

"Until then. Bye Ishaani" He said and moved forward but stopped taking two steps.

"Bye Zach" I said and marched out of the room. If only someone could wipe the grin on my face.

I can't wait for my exams to be over...

---------------------------------------------

Hello lovelies...

Phew 2280 words... and the next chapter is also done.

Please do vote and comment.

Love ya all

Sizzlingblacky

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

397K 22.9K 33
Not an Arranged Marriage Tale! โHar Pal tumhare hi sath guzaru kuch aisi chahat hone lagi hai, Mujhe dheere dheere ab tumhari itni aadat si hone lagi...
23.8K 2.1K 72
" An Indian story background, but Non - Indians can easily connect with it." Ahana Kapoor and Arhaan Malhotra. Two best friends, who've been together...
115K 1.2K 10
He is Mr Handsome and the one who can conquer anyone in the business world. He has a past which no one knows. And that made him lose hope in love and...
1.7K 358 10
Love taking its turns from friends to lovers, parallel couples with different stories awaiting to feel the love . In spite of being the best friends...