Choosing You (Will Turner)

Per bella_parrilla

THIRD BOOK IN YOUNG LOVE SERIES After sailing the ocean to save the Governor's daughter and racing to find th... Més

01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
Epilogue
Author's Note/One More Book

19

5.6K 169 42
Per bella_parrilla

Bootstrap stood perfectly still, his eyes hard on his captain--the man he just betrayed. A slight pout was firm on his lips as he held the bleeding heart with the dagger like sword plunged through it. Slowly, he moved his gaze to Will. Evelyn's stomach twisted as she watched Will slump down to sit on his tucked legs tucked. His face dropped, sign of defeat and devastation written across it. Will turned his face to look at Evelyn, breaking her heart even more at the sight of him. Evelyn offered him a sympathetic look before they all turn their gaze back to Jones.

Davy Jones stumbled back, nearing the railing of the Dutchman. His face turned up to look at the storm, mouth parting as he does so. "Calypso..." He breathed his final word before hitting hard against the railing. His body hit against it with so much force it caused him to flip over the railing, falling back over into the Maelstrom.

Evelyn panted, taken back from what happened before her. A quiet groan from below her caught her attention. She looked down at Leo, watching his face contort into confusion and pain. Slowly, he opened his eyes, blinking a few times until he could see clearer. Evelyn choked on a sob when she realized he was okay. Leo moved his eyes to look at her, he sat up instantly in a panic. "What happened? Why are you crying?"

Evelyn didn't realized she had been crying until he pointed it out. She blinked a few times, clearing her blurry eyes from the tears. Sniffling, she replied. "Will's father stabbed the heart." She turned her head to look at Bootstrap. "He saved us." Leo followed her gaze to look at Bootstrap.

Will's father let out a breath, dropping the items he had been holding. Jack stood beside him, unsure of what to say or do. He dropped his gaze down to the floor, staring at the only chance he had at immorality gone from him.

Evelyn stood up from her spot beside Leo and moved over to Will. He looked as if he was numb to the touch. She reached down to touch his shoulder as Bootstrap made his way to stand before his son.

Will turned his gaze up, staring at his father in disbelief. "Why...why would you do that? I...I made you a promise..." Evelyn dropped down to a squat, slowly taking his hands in hers. Will turned his head to look at her, water began to well in his eyes. Giving a sympathetic smile, Evelyn squeezed his hands and slowly pulled him to his feet.

"When I finally remembered who you both were, I knew I had to do something. I couldn't just let you throw away your life for me when you have the chance to start a family. Not when you have someone like her in your life." Bootstrap offered Evelyn a gentle smile. "The kind of love the two of you share comes every so often. I'm not worth losing it all." He offered his hand out to Evelyn. Her eyes began to water as she let go of Will's hands, placing her left hand in his. Bootstrap looked at her fingers. "I take it that I now have a daughter?" He smiled down at the ring then to his son and daughter-in-law.

Evelyn's eyes were red with tears. She nodded rapidly, smiling. "Yes, you do."

"Perfect." Bootstrap gave her hand a squeeze. He moved his eyes back to Will. "I'm proud of you, son. Thank you for all that you've done." His father reached out to grab his shoulder, giving it a comforting squeeze.

"Father-" Will was cut off by multiple voices growing louder.

The crew of the Flying Dutchman began to start coming out from within the parts of the ship. "Part of the crew. Part of the ship..." Their words were becoming repetitive as they drew closer.

"Go, all of you before it's too late." A hint of panic was laced in Bootstrap's words. He looked at Will and embraced his son tightly. Will wrapped his arms around his father, squeezing his eyes shut until his father let go of him.

"Come quickly." Jack came beside Bootstrap.

Evelyn exchanged looks with Will and Leo before looking at her father-in-law. "Thank you." She breathed out, grabbing Will's hand. "For everything." Bootstrap gave her a nod in acknowledgement, a small pained smile on his face. "Let's go." She threw her words to Will and Leo. Leo took off while Will stood in his place.

Will looked at his father then to Evelyn. "I can't...I can't break my promise." He shook his head. The crew were starting get closer.

"It's alright, Will." His father nodded catching Will's attention again.

"Will, we have to go. Come on." Evelyn didn't want to break up the moment between Will and his father, but she knew they had to go. Finally Will broke his stare from his father and began to move with Evelyn. The three of them followed Jack to the railing opposite from where they were standing.

Jack bent down to pick up a dropped gun from one of the soldiers that had been on the Dutchman. Moving to unwrap a set of robes, he motioned Will and Leo to come closer to him. "One of us needs to hold her." Jack pointed to Evelyn.

"Come here." Will breathed softly to Evelyn. He bent down slightly, picking up Evelyn and wrapping her legs around his torso. Evelyn wrapped her arms around his neck, securing herself.

Jack stepped up on the railing, holding on the ropes. "You and I will each hold a piece of rope and you..." Jack hesitated, looking at Leo. "I guess you can come." He waited until Will and stepped up on the railing with Evelyn holding on to him. "Take this. And you take hold on to the bottom ropes together." Will and Jack wrapped and arm around each hold while securing a rope in a hand. Leo held on to the ropes, standing on the deck. "Hold on!" Jack shouted over the storm and the chanting voices. He shot the gun down at the crank. The broken crank began to unwind a lighting speed and the four of them were lifted up into the stormy sky.

Thunder roared around them as they flew over the Dutchman as it began to descend into the maelstrom. Evelyn looked down to check on Leo. She saw him watching the ship being swallowed by the ocean when she noticed Jack the monkey holding on to the ropes beneath Leo. She let out a slightly amused scoff. Looking up, she looked at Will's face. His dark brown eyes met her emerald green eyes. She could see the pain scared across his handsome features. She let out a small sign through her nose. "I'm so sorry, my love." She breathed out, carefully pulling back her left hand to cup his cheek. She traced her thumb over his wet cheek. Will dropped his gaze down to the water but Evelyn knew he was trying not to cry. He tried to swallow the lump that was growing in his throat. Evelyn leaned her face closer and kissed the corner of his mouth.

When Evelyn pulled back, she saw it didn't make a difference to Will. Sadly, she flickered her eyes to Jack. They both mirrored the soft, sympathetic look in their eyes and on their faces. Evelyn looked up at the part of the sail from the Dutchman that was soaring them through the sky then looked back to Jack. "This is genius, Jack." She gave him a soft smile.

Jack's expression turned into a grin. "You are the only person who thinks so highly of me besides me-self."

"Then that's all that should matter." Evelyn's smile grew across her face.

The storm slowly begin to lift. The water grew calmer, the maelstrom disappearing. Rain had stopped pouring and thunder had stopped roaring. They sky remained overcast with a light grey painted across it. The sunlight was growing but the sun didn't shine.

As the wind died down, the sail the group had been hanging on too slowly began to lower them from their previous height. It reached the bottom, gently placing each person into the calm, light blue water.

Evelyn pushed up through the ocean's surface, panting slightly. She kicked her legs and looked around at the three men coming up from the water as well. Leo shook his head, setting his soaking wet hair in different directions. "You alright?" He panted, looking at Evelyn.

"Yes, I'm okay. Are you two okay?" Evelyn looked at Jack floating beside her than Will floating beside Leo.

"Yes." Will nodded.

"Aye, love." Jack replied.

Suddenly Jack the monkey swam to the top of the ocean's surface, screeching as he struggled to swim. Jack let out a little yell, swimming a few inches away.

"I got you, mate." Leo reached out to scoop up the monkey into his arms. He helped Jack climb on his shoulder.

Looking away from Leo, Evelyn turned her head to look off at the Black Pearl making her way to the group. "Oh thank heavens." She breathed out in relief, eyes rolling back in her head.

Will swam closer to Evelyn, taking her by surprise. Reaching out, he wrapped his arm around Evelyn waist, pulling her closer to him. He wrapped her other arm her as well, holding her close to his chest. Evelyn felt her cheeks turn pink as she looked up at him. "Will, it's okay I can float." She said softly, trying to study his face. She couldn't make out what emotions he was feeling. She knew whatever emotion he was feeling it wasn't a positive one.

Ignoring her gaze, he stared off into the distance, eyes dropping. "Just let me hold you, please." His words were a mix of a plea and beg. Understanding what he had meant, Evelyn breathed out, "oh." She reached up and wrapped her wet arms around his neck, cradling his head. Burying her nose into his drenched coat, she let out a sigh. "It's okay, my love. It will be okay."

I apologize for this chapter being so short, school and life stuff is really making it hard to sit and write. I'm not certain how long the next chapter will be but I hope I will be able to get everything I need to get done completed to I can write out a few chapters in advance. I did that a few times for this book and it's helped me out so much.

Few more surprises coming your way in this book and I'm so excited for you all to read them!

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

23K 661 15
The crew has to travel to the end of the world to save Jack and the Black Pearl from Davy Jones' locker. Based on At World's End I only own Annette...
234K 8K 37
She was the Sun. He was the Moon. Together they balanced out each other. Catherine Bailey is the cousin of Elizabeth Swann and best friends to Wil...
8K 301 21
You are a governor's daughter in the Caribbean who has always longed for a life of adventure, freedom and the sea. But instead, you live in a golde...
164K 3.6K 32
BOOK ONE OF THE DEEP OCEAN SERIES. When Y/n and her best friend and lover, William Turner, must travel out to sea with a pirate in order to save the...