Animal

By Czarcsm

Myra Mirandinelle Gray is easily sucked into a life she didn't expect after she attends a party for graduatin... More

Animal
Chapter Two: Great...
Chapter Three: And So We Meet Again...
Chapter Four: Answers
Chapter Five: Him
Chapter Six: Drama
Chapter Seven: Shine
Chapter Eight: Space
Chapter Nine: Devotion
Chapter Ten: In Friends We Trust
Chapter Eleven: The Party & After Party (Part I)
Chapter Twelve: The Party & After Party (Part II)
Chapter Thirteen: Welcome Back... Dad
Chapter Fourteen: Apologies Are For The Weak
Chapter Fifteen: One Day Women Will All Become Monsters
Chapter Seventeen: Waiting
Chapter Eighteen: Blue Dream
Chapter Nineteen: Confide In Me
Chapter Twenty: Secrets
Chapter Twenty-One: At Last
Chapter Twenty-Two: Don't Let Me Down
Chapter Twenty-Three: In Too Far
Chapter Twenty-Four: I Need You
Chapter Twenty-Five: Diamond
Chapter Twenty-Six: Graduation
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Control
Chapter Twenty-Eight: 28
Chapter Twenty-Nine: August
Chapter Thirty: Dark Moves of Love
Chapter Thirty-One: The Ice Is Getting Thinner
Chapter Thirty-Two: Proud
Chapter Thirty-Three: Paradise
Chapter Thirty-Four: Hallucinations
Chapter Thirty-Five: Red Lipstick
Chapter Thirty-Six: Enough Said
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Animals *Final Chapter*

Chapter Sixteen: Take Over, The Break's Over

15.6K 482 102
By Czarcsm

Chapter Sixteen-Take Over, The Break's Over

Standing in front of me with his hands in his pockets, his eyes shining bright, his body the definition of perfection, in a suit was the man that abandoned me-my soul mate, Ashton Devereux.

"Why are you here?" I asked stepping out.

"You cut your hair." Ashton said with disapproval.

"You cut me off." I said my arms crossed. "You abandoned me, you rejected me, you broke my heart and your promise."

"I messed up." Ashton said. No shit.

"It's a little too late for that." I said hostility clear in my voice. "Why are you here?"

"I can't be without you." Ashton said. "I need you back home with me." I clenched my jaw.

"Do you really think it's this easy?" I asked offended. "You dump me, and come back about a month and a few weeks later telling me you want me back. I don't want you Ashton."

"Really?" Ashton asked amused. There was a sound of the door opening and Caspian walked out then looked at Ashton then me. "Your boyfriend?"

"Yes." I said.

"Nice to see you again, Caspian. Have you been taking care of my mate?" Ashton asked his hands back in his pockets.

"I honestly don't want to come between the two of you." Caspian said.

"I know, I understand your sincerity. But you already have." Ashton said.

"What are you doing here?" I asked Ashton firmly.

"I already told you that, Myra." Ashton sighed.

"You could have done that any time before." I said.

"You're right, but I didn't know where you were until I kept hearing you think my name, and think of our memories. Yesterday was the first day you thought of me since we... took a break." Ashton said. "I thought you we're starting to forget about me."

"You've changed." I said taking a step back.

"So have you." Ashton said. "We would still be together if it weren't for you."

"What?!" I asked my eyes wide.

"You stopped trusting me." Ashton said. "You made that very clear in our final argument. And to be honest, that pissed me off. I've loved you since I saw you and I've done my best to keep you satisfied and all I get is a closed off Myra. You really hurt me."

"Not as bad as you hurt me." I said through my teeth.

"You don't think it broke my heart to tell you I didn't want you?!" Ashton yelled at me. "I was so... angry, so hurt, that I wasn't myself anymore! You changed Myra, and because of you I had to take a break from you." he was right.

"I'm not going with you." I said. "I'm staying here with Caspian."

"Myra..." Caspian said. Fuck, right. Caspian said he would hand me off to Ashton.

"Don't you have a woman to get back to? Kara perhaps?" I asked bitterly.

"I told you about my history of relationships. And if you'd like to know-yes, I was with her after you. But as I've said previously, she's not you." Ashton said. "Now, let's go."

"Where?" I asked.

"You'll see." Ashton said and reached for my hand but I moved away from him.

"Refrain from touching me until Kara's completely off of your body." I seethed. "Kara and whoever you've slept with."

"Oh, please. Had you not told Caspian that we were soul mates he wouldn't have thought twice about taking your virginity." Ashton said heading to his car. I got in and sat down, putting my seatbelt on.

"At least I would have enjoyed it." I muttered.

"He's a demon who's great at possessing people." Ashton said. "He would have made it so he would have enjoyed it."

"It's not like you wouldn't have done the same thing." I said as he pulled off.

"When I take your virginity you will enjoy it." Ashton said. "We're soul mates, if I ease your clothes off of you and caress you, you'll be aroused by me and naturally we'll want to complete the process."

"You're not taking my virginity." I said firmly.

"I won't just for the fun of it." Ashton said. "I want you to love me again."

"You know I still do." I managed to admit. "You're the one that needs to love me again. Apparently I'm still too immature for you."

"I apologize, for everything I've done." Ashton said looking over at me. I just shrugged and looked out the window.

"If you were so apologetic you wouldn't have let that happen." I said. "You meant everything you said, I understand."

"No, I didn't." Ashton said. "That wasn't me."

"It was a part of you. Everyone's warned me about pissing you off, and I've always been one to test the waters. I got what I deserved, you meant every word and you dumped me breaking my heart in the process. And I have no other choice but to accept you because you're the only one who can mend my heart back. Now I see why Thalia committed suicide."

"Don't say that." Ashton said quickly. "You and her are nothing alike."

"Really? Cause her story isn't too different from mine in my eyes. You brutally broke her heart and she didn't know how to manage so she killed herself, I was lucky, I had Kai." I said.

"I know you won't forgive me right away, I can understand that." Ashton said. "But can we spend time together, and make it work again?"

"I don't know." I said honestly. "I don't want to be attracted to you anymore. I wish we weren't soul mates, then it wouldn't hurt so much." Ashton was just silent after that, I knew it hurt him, but I didn't care, why should I? Ashton never told me where we were heading but I had already knew. "Kai's gonna worry about where I am."

"I stopped by before I picked you up. He said you needed this." Ashton said. I scoffed.

"Kai wouldn't say that." I said. Ashton shrugged.

"Why do you think he hasn't come after you?" Ashton asked. "Because he thinks you're at school? Right, he knows you'll be gone for a while, which is why your things are in the back seat." I turned around to see that Ashton was telling the truth. "His only rule was to protect you, and I swear I will."

"You suck at protecting me." I spat.

"Are you gonna keep bashing me?" Ashton asked.

"Until you realize what you lost." I said.

"I have already." Ashton said looking at me briefly. "I meant everything when I said you were the most important person to me. You before everyone else."

"Don't lie to me, Ashton." I said bitterly. He just clenched his jaw and tightened his grip on the steering wheel. "I'm not just gonna forgive you over night. You. Broke. My. Heart. I loved you, I really did. And yes, sometimes I didn't trust you but I didn't know how to trust anyone. You were my first love. You still are, you'll always be. I don't care about all the other girls in your past, I don't care about any of that. I know you didn't love them, but you loved me and you hurt me. You promised me that you would never leave me countless times and what did you end up doing? Leaving me. You and your father have that one thing in common, you just don't get along with women without breaking their hearts. You don't have to say anything, I wouldn't if I were you. I would enjoy this silence because as soon as we get into your house I'm taking all my stuff from your room and moving it into a guest room. We'll start from there."

"If that's what you want." Ashton said softly. "Then by all means."

"I'm warning you now, you're not gonna like any of this." I said.

"I can tell." Ashton sighed. The rest of the ride to Lakeshore was silent. Ashton didn't say anything and neither did I. It was a decent drive from where we were all the way to Ashton's place and the silence made the ride longer than it really was. Once he pulled up in his garage I got out and got my bags then walked into his house and began to take my things upstairs.

"Hey, Ashton. Back already?" I heard one of the boys said, I had to bottle up my excitement for the moment and set my guest room up. Once I had all of my things I walked downstairs and tried to find where Ashton and the boys went. When I walked into the room no one had noticed just yet seeing as they were playing the game.

"Hey Ashton, did you get laid or something?" I heard Seth ask.

"No, why?" Ashton asked.

"Because something smells really, really good. Like it belongs on some really attractive femme wolf. Does anyone else smell it?" Seth asked.

"Yeah." the boys said at different times.

"Are you sure you didn't get laid?" Zyre asked. "Or have some femme wolf rub herself up on you, cause I'd like to get her number."

"I hope you're getting my numbers for advice on what to get your girlfriend for her birthday and not for my virginity." I said a smile on my face. After I said that everyone just stopped what they were doing, dropped everything and climbed over the couches and chairs to tackle me with hug me with an exception of Raziel.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?" Callum asked after everyone was finished hugging me and whatnot. I smiled.

"Hi, Callum, it's nice to see you too after so long." I said feeling my mood lighten along with my heart.

"Oh, my god, Myra." Callum said pulling me back into a hug again. "Jesus, it's beyond great to see you again." after Callum pulled away I noticed everyone was just staring at me.

"What?" I asked concerned.

"Your hair..." they said sadly.

"I know, I cut it." I said.

"Why?" Zyre asked. "It was all long and whatnot."

"Because it reminded me of how Ashton used to play in it." I said. "And it had to go."

"Oh..." he said.

"So why are you here?" Seth asked.

"Ashton kidnapped me." I said. "He wants to make things better. I can't go back with Kai, so I'm stuck here with him."

"Ooh, sounds like it's reversed feelings now." Raziel said. "First Ashton was being the asshole now it's you."

"I'm not being an asshole." I muttered. "But there's no way that we're just gonna become lovers again over a few words."

"So he has to work to get you back while you're so close to his reach." Xenon said. "That's torture."

"It's not nearly as bad as it was when he left me." I said clear enough for Ashton to hear, he sighed heavily and ran a hand through his hair.

"I'm going out." Ashton said getting up and walking out.

"So he's obviously restrained." Raziel said. "What can't he do?"

"Touch me." I said. "At all, for anything."

"Who would have thought something so simple would be something so difficult to abide by." Marce muttered.

"Ashton always used to touch you, always." Callum said.

"I know." I said then shrugged. "I'm sure he's missed that feeling considering Kara's not a one man woman."

"He told you about Kara?" Zyre asked surprised.

"Yeah." I said. "And I knew if he was with Kara he was with others... many others."

"You're better than my mate was." Raziel said. "She could only tell I was with someone else whenever I said so."

"Wait so what happened with you?" Kyle asked.

"Kai and I left our tyrant parents and lived alone. I went to school still. I dated a demon, and then Ashton popped up to take me away from that." I said.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa-did you say you dated a demon?" Raziel asked. "And you're still a virgin?!"

"Is it so surprising?" I asked. "The guy was afraid of Ashton, he knew who he was by name." Raziel gave me a knowing look, he knew why and I knew why.

"Well, Ashton is a dangerous guy." Kyle muttered.

"How do you feel about this?" Xenon asked me.

"About what?" I asked.

"About you and Ashton." Xenon asked. "Are you sure you'll be able to keep your composure?"

"I'm still in love with Ashton." I sighed. "He claims he loves me too still, but I don't believe that. It doesn't matter, he got what he wanted, I'm here."

"Just be careful with your plan." Xenon said. "Hurting him could also hurt you."

"The boy has a point." Raziel said. "You two aren't normal mates. You can't hate him and he can't hate you. Even if you wanted to, you just can't."

"I'm aware." I mumbled. "We'll just have to see how this pans out."

"You two will get back together." Zyre said.

"You two can't live without each other, you end up coming back for one another." Kyle said.

"It's romantic." Seth said. My eyes widened and everyone just stared at Seth.

"When did you start saying things were romantic?" I asked.

"Yeah! You're more of a "strictly sexual" guy." Callum said.

"What the hell's wrong with you?" Zyre asked. "Don't tell me us you're going soft."

"They're rubbing off on me." Seth shrugged.

"Understandable." they muttered.

"Well right now isn't one of those times where we're a cute couple." I said. "So give us some time."

"Well it's good you're trying to work it out." Marce said.

"Overall, you look great." the boys said motioning to my appearance.

"Short hair looks good on you, but I still prefer the long hair." Zyre said his arms crossed.

"Then I'll grow it out, geez, I never knew everyone would get so butthurt over it." I said shrugging.

"Atta girl." Zyre said amused. I just chuckled.

"Well, I should probably go do something productive." I said and walked out.

"Should we let you know when Ashton comes back?" I heard one of the boys call.

"No, I'll know when he's back." I said and went up to my room. I pulled my iPod out of one of my bags and shoved my earphones into my ear and began to listen to my music and set things up. I put my clothes in my closet, my undergarments in my dresser, and all my shampoos, conditioners, and shower gels in the bathroom. I was dancing as I did this and it really lightened my mood. What I didn't know was that I was being watched by Ashton. When I saw him I jumped, shocked and I turned my music off and pulled an earbud out my ear.

"I was wondering when you'd see me." Ashton said.

"How long have you been standing there?" I asked regulating my breathing.

"Long enough to see you transform this empty room into your own." Ashton said. "Can I come in?"

"That won't be a good idea." I said quickly. He breathed a smile and I felt my heart race. He shoved his hands in his pockets and leaned against the door frame.

"For who? You or me?" Ashton asked.

"Me." I admitted. "So keep your distance."

"And if I don't?" he asked.

"Then I'll run away." I said. He sighed his smile gone.

"I really don't want to do this, Myra." Ashton said.

"It's not about what you want anymore." I said. "I can't lie to you, you can't lie to me so I won't even try to lie anymore. I want you, and I want you to understand the pain I went through because of you."

"I felt that pain, Myra." Ashton said. "I know what you went threw."

"You're probably telling the truth too, but I want to watch you suffer." I said. "I want to see you go through the pain that I had experienced. You've never been too far away, but I couldn't just take you back. I'm here, right under your nose, you can smell my fresh, intoxicating scent, you can even practically taste me, you see me, you hear me, but you can't touch me-ever."

"I suppose that's reasonable." Ashton said. "But what happens after this?"

"We fall in love." I said hopefully. "That's what I want."

"Then I'll do what it takes." Ashton promised. "You're a beautiful dancer." he said then left. I sighed and flopped on my bed.

"Why do I feel like I'm still gonna suffer?" I asked myself. Oh, right, because you're in love with him. I sighed again and put my earbuds back in my ear and listened to music, I didn't realize I was sleep until I randomly shot up in the middle of the night. I looked around and it was beyond dark, I checked the time, it was midnight. I yawned and got up to close the door. I stripped out of my dress and started the water inside the bathroom then I looked in the mirror, my scars were long gone, I was beautiful and I need to believe that personally. I smiled at myself and walked out of the bathroom tossing my undergarments into a dirty hamper then I took my shower. After I was done I tossed my hair up in a wavy-curly bun on top of my head, and put my every night pajamas on then I went downstairs because I was hungry. From the sounds of it everyone was either sleep or out on a run. I went into the kitchen and turned on the lights then rummaged through the fridge and came to the conclusion that I would eat a strawberry crêpe and ice cream. So I'm pulling the ingredients out and as I'm doing so I hear the stool moving at the island, so I turn around and see Raziel with extremely tousled hair, scratches and red marks everywhere, shirtless but that's typical of everyone in this house. We wear as less clothes as we can. He was just staring at my body with wide eyes, then he looked away muttering curses. I just chuckled and turned around.

"Would you like a strawberry crêpe?" I asked over my shoulder.

"You know how to make crêpes?" Raziel asked.

"Yeah, I learned years ago. I've gotten pretty good at it, do you want one?" I asked.

"Of course, I haven't had crêpes in a long time." Raziel said.

"Two crêpes coming up." I said amused.

"You're up awfully late." Raziel said.

"I know, I guess I fell asleep earlier yesterday and I woke up at midnight, I just so happen to be hungry so I'm making sweets." I said. "What's your excuse?"

"My lady fell asleep on me." Raziel said. "After two orgasms she was done-I was rather disappointed. So, I'm down here moping." I laughed.

"How old is she?" I asked.

"Uhhhhh, she's older. Like late twenties." Raziel said I turned around and leaned against the counter with a raised brow.

"What's wrong with her energy?" I asked. "How long did it last?"

"Not long at all." Raziel said and sighed staring at my body. "Why would Ashton abandon this?" he muttered to himself obviously referring to my body.

"My question is why hasn't he claimed this." I said while cooking the crêpes.

"They weren't lying when they said you were shaped like a goddess, Jesus Christ."

"Wait who is they? The boys?" I asked.

"Yeah, apparently they had caught you and Ashton... "eating out" half naked and they said you had the best body they've ever seen." Raziel said. That made me laugh.

"Where are they?" I asked setting the crêpes on two plates.

"Out on a full pack run." Raziel said.

"Why aren't you with?" I asked.

"The girl that is now in my bed was tempting, turns out she was better looking before she got there." Raziel said amused. "Did you want to go?"

"Naaah, that's pushing things for Ashton." I said.

"Yeah, well looking like that your pushing things for any male." Raziel said. I smiled and turned to him.

"I'm taking that as a compliment." I said and went to get the whipped cream, chocolate and caramel drizzle and a cherry to top it off.

"By a chance, is that Ashton's shirt?" Raziel asked amused. I looked down at my shirt and blushed when I realized it was.

"Yeah... I guess I never gave him back his shirts, I wear them as pajamas because they help me sleep." I said. "His scent is still on it, and just smelling it arouses me all the time."

"Don't tell him that, he'll get excited." Raziel said grinning. I turned and grabbed two forks and sat down next to Raziel and ate our crêpes.

"Don't tell me how good it is until you're done." I said with a mouthful of crêpe.

"If you wish." Raziel said taking a bite of his, watching his expression was good enough. I laughed a bit and nudged Raziel.

"Cute face, pops!" I said sarcastically. He rolled his eyes.

"If you understood the pleasure I'm experiencing right now you'd get my face." Raziel said. "You're my son's soul mate, you're like a goddess, honestly, and you made crêpes in only your bra, underwear, and Ashton's shirt with socks. This is the sexiest thing in the world."

"Don't tell Ashton that he'll be the furthest thing from excited." I said amused.

"Oh, don't worry sweetheart. I won't touch you. I promised I wouldn't." Raziel said. "Besides you're more so like a daughter to me. If I ever had a daughter, I would have stayed and stopped being a womanizer. But I never did, so I left leaving my mate with boys. I wouldn't want my daughter manipulated by men, that would be the worst thing that could ever happen."

"Then hopefully when Ashton decides to impregnate me I have girls and boys so you stick around for them." I smiled.

"In that case I'll gladly accept the place to be called father and grandfather." Raziel said. "Now can I tell you how good this crêpe is?" I heard some noises coming from the door and I got up.

"After you're finished eating." I giggled and walked out, as soon as I stepped out of the kitchen the door opened and the boys walked in.

"That was fun." Zyre said. I flicked the hall light on and put my hands on my hips. They all stared at me like they did last time, with an exception of Xenon and Marce they just slowly walked away peeking here and there.

"Fuck me..." Callum whined.

"Holy shit." Seth muttered.

"Jesus Christ." Zyre sighed.

"Oh my." Kyle said.

"God." Ashton whined. Then Raziel came out of the kitchen telling me how amazing his crêpe was.

"That. Was. The best. I've ever had." Raziel started coming over to where I was, I saw everyone's eyes widen, Ashton's hands were balled into fists. "Better than the first time I had-"

"Had what?!" Ashton asked obviously thinking the wrong thing. "Had what, dad? She's mine!" Raziel looked at me then his scars and started laughing, I did the same when I realized what the boys were thinking.

"You think we had sex." I said amused.

"It's pretty obvious." Seth said.

"I was gonna say crêpes." Raziel said finally finishing his sentence. "My practically daughter in-law made crêpes for the both of us."

"Then why...?" Zyre asked motioning to my body. "I'd rather not finish my sentence."

"Because these are my pajamas." I said. "Raziel and I were bonding, then you guys came back from your pack run that I was nicely uninvited to, just for you all to think that Raziel and I had sex. He's Ashton's father."

"Look at what you're wearing!" Ashton said. "My father also likes eighteen year old girls Myra!"

"He seemed to be doing just fine in the kitchen with me. He didn't touch me at all." I said honestly. "He considers me as his daughter, why would he touch me?"

"That's beside the point, it would do everyone great justice for you to put clothes on." Ashton said.

"It kills you that you're not the only one who's seen me like this." I said smirking. Then I remembered I was wearing his shirt. "Oh, and I forgot to give this back to you a while a go." I said taking his shirt off. "It smells amazing." I tossed it to him. "Smells like us both now, and if you don't mind, I'm gonna go finish eating my crêpe just like this." I said and strutted away. I went back into the kitchen and did exactly as I said I would. I finished my crêpe and ice cream and I washed the dishes.

"You're such a tease." Raziel said walking back in.

"Oh, I know." I said. "I just need to be a little more careful about arousing everyone else."

"It's a little too late for that." Raziel said as the boys ever so casually walked into the kitchen and just marveled me.

"If you do not get out of that kitchen!" I heard Ashton yell at the boys. They all frowned and shuffled out slowly.

"Ashton has some serious issues. Even Kara isn't that perfect." Zyre muttered.

"Why hasn't he claimed Myra again?" Seth mumbled.

"Because she's immature or something." Callum muttered.

"Right, the only thing that's stopping me from picking her up and laying her out on my bed to fuck her stupid is the fact she's Ashton's." Kyle said under his breath.

"I'd do so much more to her." Zyre said as they left. Raziel just looked at me amused.

"Prime example." Raziel said. "Ashton's stubborn."

"You're telling me." I muttered leaning on the island. "He's real possessive too."

"I would be too if you were my soul mate. I'd be protective and possessive of my soul mate even if she were ugly because she would be perfect to me." Raziel said. "It's magic."

"Spirit magic." I sighed. "Because there's no other way to rationalize how I feel this way about him."

"Aroused?" Raziel asked.

"More than, I feel like going up to his room so he can claim me already. I'd let him ravish me until he's tired and until I can't feel my legs. The problem is, I'm supposed to be angry with him-but I want to make passionate love to him." I said. "I'm actually afraid to walk upstairs because I'm afraid that's exactly what I'll do when I pass his room."

"If that's what you don't want to do, then stay down here for a while until you don't feel that way." Raziel said. "While you're doing that I'm going to go back to sleeping ugly." I laughed.

"You picked her." I said.

"Yeah, I know. Which tells me to never go to wherever I was last time ever again." Raziel said getting up. I just shook my head. "Goodnight, sweetheart." Raziel said and left. I took his advice and I stayed down here for a little while before going upstairs. As I walked up the dark staircase I had hoped and only hoped that when I walked past Ashton's room that his door would be shut, but to my misfortune his door was open and the shower water was running, I walked in his room to shut his door and as I was doing so the water shut off and Ashton walked out drying his hair with a towel, I just stood and watched, I knew he couldn't see me but I knew he sure as hell could feel me-obviously I didn't care at the moment, I was too busy marveling his naked body.

"If you're gonna marvel me, the come in and shut the door." Ashton said snapping me out of my admiration.

"Uhh, that's not a good idea." I said nervously.

"I won't do anything, Myra. Let's just talk." I sighed and decided to just talk to him, besides I knew I wanted to.

"Fine." I said. I walked in and shut the door behind me. I sat down on his bed and continued to watch him.

"So you can watch me, but I can't watch you." Ashton said as he began to get dressed.

"I never said you couldn't watch." I said. "It's up to you how you want to torture yourself."

Ashton opened his mouth to say something then he just closed his mouth and laughed. "Interesting." I raised my brow and cocked my head.

"What?" I asked curious.

"I don't want to ruin a good moment, therefore I'm not saying anything." Ashton said a smile on his face. I rolled my eyes and looked away from his face before I started smiling too. "You look good, even your hair."

"You didn't seem to like it when you first saw me." I said dryly, my arms crossed. Ashton walked over to his dresser and pulled out his boxers and slipped them on.

"It caught me off guard." Ashton admitted. "I loved your hair, I loved you the way you were before, I love you the way you are now, it's just that-"

"You don't do well with change." I said finishing his sentence. "Neither do I."

"That's okay." Ashton said leaning up against the wall. I crawled back on his bed and reached over his nightstand to turn on the light so I could see then I turned back to Ashton who was just watching me. I cocked my head to the side and watched him in return.

"What?" I asked finding a smile make its way on my face. Ashton smiled briefly in return.

"You're so beautiful." He said raw emotion in his voice. I looked away from him my smile falling. I felt my heart throb after he said that because really meant what he said.

"Uh, I should probably go." I said not looking at him.

"Yeah, you should." Ashton said softly. I got up and walked out of Ashton's room closing the door softly behind me.

"If I didn't know any better I would have thought you two made up." I heard from the dark hallway. I jumped and squinted looking for who had said that and saw Zyre pop up. I put my hand on my heart and regulated my breathing. "I didn't scare you too bad did I?" he asked amused.

"A little bit." I admitted truthfully.

"Come talk with me." Zyre said. I looked down at my lack of clothes.

"I should probably put something reasonable on." I said. "You can come wait in my room."

"Ashton's gonna kill me if I say yes." Zyre said. I shrugged and grabbed his hand pulling him into my room. "Ashton's gonna kill me." he muttered. I rolled my eyes and went into my closet pulling out a pair of sweats and a tank top.

"It's not like we're gonna have sex, Zyre." I said from my closet.

"Doesn't matter." Zyre said back. "You were eating crêpes with Raziel and Ashton thought you were having sex with him. I'm in your room on your bed, it's just as bad." I turned out the light in my closet and stepped out.

"That would be real twisted of me, to have sex with my soul mates best friend." I said. "I had always been so sure that Ashton would be my first, why would I change that?"

"Um, did you forget that Ashton broke your heart?" Zyre said walking out of my room. I thought before I answered that question and walked down the stairs into the living room. I plopped down on one couch and Zyre flopped on the other.

"No, I still remember how Ashton broke my heart and I'm sure I'll always remember, but I'll forgive him and I won't care anymore. I'll just be a little fearful if he ever does it again-because I honestly doubt I'll have the strength to fight for us. I barely did before, actually I didn't have any strength. He said he did want me anymore, and I knew I still wanted him, but he's always given me what I wanted and now it was time to return the favor."

"That's a terrible answer and excuse for giving up on someone that's more than love for you." Zyre said.

"I don't know any other answer." I admitted.

"Because there isn't one." Zyre said meeting my eyes. "Look, I know I'm not one to judge because I've never even been in love, but if I had a chance with my soul mate-I would take it, whether some werewolf has already took it upon himself to claim her or not, she would be mine because I know that I'm the only one who can really love her and cherish her. No one can fill my shoes, and no one can take her place. That's how it is with you two."

"Was." I corrected.

"Is." Zyre said back stubbornly. "I'm gonna tell you something and I don't want you to tell Ashton that I told you-in fact I want you to pretend like you don't know this at all."

"Is it really that important?" I asked with a raised brow.

"For Ashton it is." Zyre said. "So I want you to promise me after I tell you this you'll act like you don't know."

"I promise." I said.

"After you and Ashton... took a break he went back to his original ways. It was really bad because he didn't want anyone talking about you, thinking about you, or even saying your name. Which was really hard for us because you're more than just Ashton's girl to us, you're like family-even though we're naturally attracted to you-but that's beside the point. Ashton went through a phase, and it wasn't pretty, he was aggravated, angry, annoyed, distraught, and depressed-but let me tell you what happened before all of that. So, after everything was put on hold for you two Ashton wanted us to pretty much forget your very existence. And I think he wanted us to forget you so he could forget. But we would never forget you, we couldn't. So he went out and started seeing women, sleeping with them, being about his old ways. We were a little nervous about him doing that for when you did come back, that would bite him in the ass later on. Anyway, first it started with like random girls he would pick up, then one day he brought Kara home, and-"

"Please tell me she didn't try on my clothes." I asked in a whiny tone. Zyre just chuckled.

"That's your biggest concern?" he asked.

"It'll give me a reason to kick her ass when I see her." I said my arms crossed. Zyre just shook his head.

"And he tried to forget you by having her take your place. Which if I must say so myself wasn't the same. That didn't last long, Ashton had started getting mad at her for not disobeying him. Like-she just didn't ever argue with him, she never questioned him, nothing. He would tell her to do something and she would do it without hesitation. She didn't whine or complain, and I'm sure she never flirted with him around us. It was like indirect flirtation. All of that annoyed him, so they went back to their secretary/boss relationship. No affairs involved. After Kara, one day Ashton came home and he had so many emotions going through him all at once that we all didn't know how to react. Raziel didn't even know how to react."

"What happened?" I asked really curious.

"Ashton broke down. He was angry, sad, depressed, aggravated, annoyed, and lonely. That was the first time I've ever seen that guy cry-ever. Every single sentence had your name in it and how badly he fucked things up with you. How he wanted you back, but how he didn't know where you were, if you would forgive him, if you would even care about him anymore. He bashed himself soooo many times that night, called himself a coward a lot. He told us how he couldn't feel you anymore, like all of your emotions. He had said if he were able to feel how you were doing things wouldn't be so difficult, but he was so lonely that it made each and every single one of us want to cry. None of us knew what to do, not even Xenon or Raziel. There was sooo much raw emotion radiating off of him that none of us could compose ourselves. He needed you that night, and that's when Raziel told him to search the edge of the earth for you. Ashton said he couldn't, he said he needed to know how bad he hurt you before he could even think to ask for you back-he made himself suffer. Then a few days ago he up and left. When he came back you were with him. You don't understand, Ashton suffered gravely. You both suffered, and doing this to him will only hurt you both even more. Don't hang on to the past, Myra, please." Zyre was so sincere, so serious, and thinking about everything Ashton's endured had tears welling up in my eyes. "I'll give you some time to think over what you're doing, goodnight Myra." I just nodded unable to speak. Zyre got up and left, leaving me there to wipe my tears away on my arm. I got up and went to my room. I stripped out of my clothes and laid down trying to go to sleep, I tossed and turned uncomfortably before I just looked up at the ceiling. My mind kept telling me that I needed to comfort.

"No." I told myself firmly. "There's no way I'm going in there, I told myself I wouldn't allow him to touch me." I said firmly. I sat in bed for all of two minutes before I got up and walked to Ashton's room. I hesitated trying to decide if I wanted to knock or if I should go in without knocking. He's probably sleep anyway. So I decided to just open the door, and walked in closing the door quietly careful not to wake him. I tip-toed to his bed and crawled in. Instinctively I wrapped my arms around him and buried my face in his back.

"Myra..." Ashton whispered.

"Don't... okay?" I started. Ashton turned around to me.

"Just tell me why you're in here." Ashton asked his eyes meeting mine. "To torture me some more? Don't worry, I've been through enough, you can leave."

"Don't act like you don't want me here." I said rolling my eyes.

"Myra, I-"

"I'm not here to tease you, Ashton." I sighed cutting him off.

"I'd rather be alone, right now." Ashton said softly. "Please." I put my pride aside and leaned into him, I hesitated before actually kissing him, afraid of his rejection, but I pressed my lips to his. Ashton didn't want to respond at first but when I nipped his lip he kissed me back. It felt so good to feel him like this. I pulled away from him and looked at him briefly before turning on my side. Ashton wrapped his arms around me and pulled me to him, I felt his body heat warming me up, and I just sighed.

"This doesn't mean I completely forgive you." I said breaking the silence. I heard Ashton's soft chuckle from behind me. "I just really need you." I said under my breath.

"I need you too." Ashton said softly. "I always have; I always will." he buried his face in my neck and inhaled, causing me to smile. I held his hand and intertwined our fingers together. I felt Ashton smile against my skin, that's when I knew things would get better with time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 3.6K 62
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad
1.3M 23.3K 33
When Dana Thomas's parents get divorced, and her aunt and uncle pass away, her mother decides it's time for a change - just in time for senior year o...
1.1K 174 69
"We are warriors of the night, lycanthropes as some would call us, but we go by an altogether different name. A more significant name, one that we we...
6M 224K 65
Sophia and her daughter Ella were on the run for their lives. Turning to a past friend for help, they find themselves thrown into a world that shoul...