Chapter Thirty-Five: Red Lipstick

Chapter Thirty-Five-Red Lipstick

Today was May 25th, a year after I had the dream. I sat in class and tapped my pencil on the desk while I stared at the clock. Today was the last day of school, and I was beyond ready to get out of school.

Three... Two... One. BRIIIIIIIINNNNGGG!

Without hesitation every student hopped up and ran out of their classrooms. I went to my locker which was next to Roxie and Candy's.

"Thank fucking god we only have one more year to go." Candy said and shut her empty locker.

"Yes. So, are you guys going to Aaron's graduation party?" I asked them.

"Of course we are, why wouldn't we?" Roxie asked as we began to walk to the exit.

"I dunno? Maybe because it's Aaron." I said shrugging. As soon as we stepped out the doors we were greeted by the hot summer air.

"Holy... shit." Candy and Roxie said obviously looking somewhere that I wasn't.

"What?" I asked.

"Who's that god against your car?" I immediately looked in the direction of my car just to see Ashton leaning up against it. I felt a broad smile make it's way on my face.

"Why don't I just introduce you to him?" I asked and guided them to my car. Ashton wrapped his arms around me and stroked my cheeks.

"You came back." I said. He smiled.

"You really thought I'd be gone for good?" Ashton asked then tsked. "You know me better than that, I'm persistent." I beamed and stepped up on my toes to kiss him briefly, because we're notorious for getting carried away. I pulled away from him and turned to the girls who looked at us with raised brows.

"Roxie, Candy this is Ashton. He's the reason why I breathe." I said smiling.

"You never told us about this Ashton." They said with their arms crossed.

"Because we have a complicated story." I said looking up at him, he just chuckled.

"Complicated isn't the word." Ashton said. "How would you all like coming over my place?" I know where this was going.

"Well, not sure, we're sort of going to a party." Candy said.

"Aaron's graduation party?" Ashton asked amused. They nodded. "I'm throwing it for him."

"How do you know Aaron?" Roxie asked her hands on her hips.

"His brother and I were best friends back in high school." Ashton said. "So Aaron and I are pretty close if I say so myself." Roxie and Candy thought for a minute.

"Alright. But if we go, you're gonna have to explain how you two met." Roxie said. Ashton smiled kindly.

"Sounds like a deal." Ashton said. The girls left for their cars leaving me with Ashton.

"Are you really gonna tell them?" I asked. Ashton laughed.

"No, but you are." He said winking, then got into my car.

"Waitwaitwaitwait, where's your car?" I asked.

"At home." Ashton said with a chuckle. "Why?"

"How'd you get here?" I asked.

"I walked." He joked. "Now get in." I rolled my eyes and got in my own car.

"I find it ironic that you're driving and ordering me around my own car." I said looking over at him.

"I have control issues, I'm sure you know." He laughed.

"Tell me something I don't know." I mumbled.