Chapter Twenty-Three: In Too Far

Chapter Twenty-Three-In Too Far

When I woke up the next morning for school Ashton was gone. His side of the bed looked untouched. Well, at least this week is almost over. I did my daily routine: washing up, getting dressed, doing hair, and since my hair grew back it takes a lot longer to do. I went downstairs and looked in the key basket to see that Ashton's keys were gone.

"Wow." was all I could say. I made breakfast and drove myself to school. I was frustrated by this point. When I got to school I got out and went to my friends.

"You look awfully excited this morning." Candy said sarcastically.

"I wish I had something to be excited about." I muttered.

"Ashton?" Roxie asked. I sighed.

"I hurt his feelings." I said. "Because I don't want kids." I said under my breath so everyone else couldn't hear.

"Oh." They said. "That sucks. Did you try making it up to him? Like giving him a little bit of skin to skin contact?"

"He's giving me the cold shoulder." I said. "He left super early and didn't leave a note telling me where he was gonna be at."

"He's probably at work or at Raziel's." Roxie shrugged.

"Besides, you don't need to worry about all of that. Just let Ashton calm down, and when you get home after the game you can talk to him about it." Candy said.

"But we already talked about it, there IS no talking about it anymore." I said. "We're in two different worlds on this one."

"Then you two need to figure out a medium." Roxie said. "He wants kids, and you don't. You're gonna have to work your way around that. Ashton's done a lot for you, the least you can do is give him what he needs."

"He doesn't need children." I said as the bell rang. "And if he does we can adopt one."

"Myra, what the hell is wrong with you?" Candy asked. "Ashton is an alpha of a very large, very respected pack. You can't just adopt a kid and claim it's yours, there are no blood ties, therefore it's pointless, not to mention that would piss Ashton off."

"Ashton needs kids Myra, I know you may not want them but at least give him one." Roxie said softly. I shook my head.

"That's what Zyre, Xenon and Marce tried to push on me." I said. "Ashton's just gonna have to deal with not having kids at the moment, I don't mind having kids after high school, but for now, no." Roxie and Candy just sighed heavily.

"Alright." They said. "But don't come crying to us when Ashton does something stupid because he was pissed at you."

"If Ashton does something stupid I'm leaving him." I said. "And you know what kind of stupid I'm talking about."

"I'm sure Ashton knows better than to knock some other girl up while you're claimed to him, besides you would know." Candy said. "He's devoted to you and that's why he's so bothered that you won't give him kids."

"He feels let down." Roxie said. "But you're too stubborn so we might as well drop the subject." I sighed and went to my locker.

"I feel bad, and I told him I was sorry countless times." I mumbled. "Oh, well."

"What cheers are we doing for the game?" Candy asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You weren't here to teach us the cheers, no one knows what we're doing." Candy said.

"Oh...shitshitshit." I said putting my hand on my head. "We'll just have to do the routine we had practiced a while ago."

"I suppose that works." Candy shrugged.