Chapter Twenty-One: At Last

Chapter Twenty-One-At Last

I sat in the car completely speechless at everything I was just told. I never realized that mom didn't have any marks, and I guess I can understand why she hates me so much, I'm the child that reminds her of why she can never be claimed by Leo and how she was ravished by Quinn. That's her fault, she shouldn't have went after him in the first place. Raziel just shook his head. "What?"

"I can tell what you're thinking by the look on your face." Raziel said. "Your mom was easily enticed by him just like every other girl."

"Yeah, but Quinn didn't love her back, why would she even bother?" I asked. "He wouldn't even claim her."

"Well, you can talk to him about all of that." Raziel said as we pulled up at a nice house off in the forest. Outside of the house leaning back against the porch was a very stunning man, he resembled me just manly and attractive. You could tell he was powerful just by his presence. Raziel turned to me. "No turning back now." He got out of the car and I followed suit.

"Guess who I met today." Quinn said his eyes on me.

"Your load of ex-girlfriends." Raziel joked. Quinn laughed.

"Your son." Quinn said. "He's a new breed."

"Inspired by yours truly." Raziel said. "Did you have a nice conversation with your firstborn?"

"Not really." Quinn said. "Never really was looking forward to meeting my firstborn though, as you know I'm not fond of men."

"Don't go hitting on your daughter now, that would cause me to step in." Raziel said with a warning. "She's mine too."

"She's my only daughter, Raziel." Quinn said. "The one I've been expecting this whole time."

"Why didn't you come?" I managed to speak up. "There's been many times when you could have stopped by, my parents were never there."

"They are not your parents." Quinn said sharply. "Especially Leo."

"Jessamine is still my mother." I said.

"She carried you and practically abandoned you."

"You just abandoned us." I retorted.

"I had to." Quinn said running a hand through his tousled hair.

"What do you want me to tell Ashton?" Raziel asked back to the car.

"You're leaving me?" I asked nervously.

"This is a conversation between father and daughter. Besides, if Ashton finds out I took you here that'll be an interesting argument and I'm looking to find out how it goes." Raziel chuckled, Quinn laughed.

"Still an asshole." Quinn said.

"Same to you." Raziel said. "I'll tell Ashton you're talking to your pops, I'll be back to pick you up later."

"No need, I'll take her home." Quinn said.

"Have fun, Myra." Raziel said sarcastically and left. I mentally panicked and I think Quinn could tell.

"I'm not gonna hurt you." Quinn said. "Would you mind?" He motioned to the inside of his house, I just walked in without hesitation. I'm not nervous.

"Ashton was here?" I asked breaking the silence. I took a seat across from Quinn and fidgeted with my fingers.

Quinn smiled. "Yeah, he's a great guy. I hope he's taking care of you."

"He is." I smiled.

"You're aware of his secret right?" Quinn asked.