Hunting Silver

By PreyDelaCruz

A forest is one of the places where creatures of beyond human’s knowledge, reside. Of course, you just don’t... More

Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 23

13.6K 569 21
By PreyDelaCruz

[Vote and comment, please. Enjoy reading!]

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

“Babe, do you and Skylar have known each other before?” I asked right after we closed the front door of my parents’ house. And oh, Skylar had moved out too, about a block away from here. But I think he's staying for dinner. That guy can cook but he's always lazy whenever he steps into the kitchen, to the point that he could sleep in the sink.

Hunter held my hand and interlocked our fingers as we walked. “Yeah, we’ve known each other for about… a year and a half now. You know, pack matters.”

I nodded. “Isn't it odd that you didn’t meet me then?”

He shrugged. “Maybe because I've never thought of going in this town before. It’s too far from my home town after all. Plus, I didn’t know Skylar has a brother.”

I sighed and stopped walking. The moment Hunter stopped as well, I hopped to his back and held on to him for dear life. He chuckled before walking again, holding my legs and arms firmly.

“Has my baby turned into a monkey?”

I nodded, giggling. “A sexy monkey. Don’t forget the sexy.”

I closed my eyes and rested my head on his shoulder. He was walking slowly that it felt like he's cradling me. A soft smile settled on my lips as we reached our house. Yes, I just said OUR house. What? He will live here with me from now on! And I will throw a very big tantrum if he won't.

I got off his back once we were on the front door. He got the keys from my pocket and opened it, since I was so lazy to move and all. Hey, like Skylar, like Silver.

We walked inside straight to my room. I flopped myself on the bed and sighed happily, closing my eyes. I heard him entering and shut the door close. He walked towards my nightstand and placed the keys on it.

“There are five more rooms available in this floor, Hunter-babe, and two downstairs. Choose whatever room you want to use. Good night!” I buried my face in my pillow to stifle a yawn.

“You don’t want me here?” my mate asked.

That, I sat up and opened my arms. His shoulders were slightly slumped and he looked… defeated? I chuckled. “Just kidding. Come here.”

I eyed him hungrily, licking my lips, as he removed his clothes until he was only in his boxers. He wiggled his eyebrows yet shook his head as he slid under the covers beside me. I groaned.

I looked at him, pouting, hoping for a positive answer. But he still shook his head, smirking.

“Please?” I asked, using my last resort: begging.

“No,” he said, laughing. “You need to get more rest.”

I scooted closer to him until I was looking at him under my lashes. “Even just a good night kiss?”

“Well, fine—“

“I take that back! I want a full-blown make out session instead!” I grinned, lacing my arms around his neck.

He chuckled, amusement sparkling in his eyes. “You're so cute when you think you'll get whatever you want just by using your adorableness.”

“Because I AM adorable!” I pouted again when he smirked. “Everyone else said so.”

“Do I look like everyone else to you?”

“Whatever.”

I huffed and turned around, knowing that I won't get what I want tonight. Stupid hormones. Always attacking at the wrong times.

I smiled to myself when Hunter wrapped his strong arms around my chest, spooning me closer to his. I closed my eyes and felt a little bit satisfied with that. It’s not enough but, hey, there's still tomorrow. And when I say tomorrow, how about… first thing in the morning? Heh.

“Babe?” he whispered right by my ear and I shuddered, thanks to his hot breath.

I bit my lip to stop myself from giggling. “Are you giving in now, Hunter?”

He nuzzled my neck before answering, inhaling right against my tingling skin. “No.” He chuckled. “I can smell how horny you are right now, and I won't be a hypocrite and tell you it doesn’t affect me. But seriously, I don’t want you collapsing because of lack of sleep.”

I grunted. “And here I thought you're hornier than me.”

“Trust me, I am.” I didn’t say anything, but turned around and faced him. My eyes were still closed but I could feel him staring at me. “Anyways, why are there so many rooms in your house?”

“In our house?”

“Hmm…” He kissed the tip of my nose. “It’s yours, Silver.”

“But I want it ours.”

He sighed. “Alright, whatever my princess demands.”

I scrunched up my brows, eyes still closed. “Now I'm a princess? I prefer to be called prince, you know? It’s more manly.”

He chuckled. “Okay. Now answer my question about the rooms.”

I sighed, inching myself closer to him that even a blade wouldn’t be able to pass between our bodies. “My parents wanted it that way, for my future kids,” I mumbled right against his chest.

I could imagine him furrowing his brows, plus it was heard in his voice. “Didn’t your parents know you're gay before they built the house, and thought that you’d be marrying a girl to have kids? And I fear for that girl’s life, if ever, since your parents seemed to be wanting quite a lot grandchildren.”

I chuckled. “They knew I'm gay before I did myself. Apparently, I wrote in my wish list when I was four that I want a set of bows for my birthday.”

His laughter echoed all over the room, bringing a smile on my lips because of the wonderful sound and the relaxing rumbling of his chest. “Did you get what you want?”

“Fuck, yeah. I had a dozen back then, but now I only have two. The other ten was stolen by the girls in my school.”

“Stolen? You let them?”

“I didn’t really have a choice. They simply took it from my head and before I knew it, they were already meters away from me. Until it became some sort of a game that whoever got a piece of my bows would be popular. It was so stupid, really.”

“You wear bows in school,” he mused, another fit of laughter threatening in his tone.

I opened my eyes and looked up at him, my lids feeling quite heavy. He looked so childish now, with all that cheeky smile and glinting eyes he had. I smiled. “Yeah, what's the sense of wanting and getting it if I don’t use it?”

“Point proven. Now, sleep.”

A yawn escaped my throat so I didn’t bother arguing this time. “And I'm guessing your parents know that you're planning to adopt?”

“Hmm…”

He kissed the top of my head and then snuggled with me, entangling our legs. Soon enough I was drifting off to sleep, but not before I heard Hunter murmur words of his love for me.

I was sure that I fell asleep with a smile on my lips.

***

I woke up not feeling Hunter’s warmth around me. With that thought sinking in my mind had me sitting right up and frantically searching for my boyfriend. My heart started beating faster when I didn’t see him anywhere. I glanced up at the alarm clock before running out of my room. What was he doing at five o’clock in the morning?

The conversation got boring? Oh, God…

I breathed out a sigh of relief when I saw him sitting down on the floor of the living room, his legs crossed. He was fully clothed and only now had I realized that I wasn’t. How did he manage to take off my pants and shirt without waking me up?

Anyways, I mentally giggled on how cute he looked right now. He was scowling, yet a deep tint of red was present on his face. A few magazines where scattered all over the floor around him, with one in his hands. Magazines that I covered for before.

I crossed my arms over my chest and leant against the doorframe, a knowing smirk playing upon my lips. “Like what you see, babe?”

I was guessing he didn’t feel my presence because he flinched and dropped the magazine he was holding. He crossed his arms too and his frown worsened when he saw me. “No. Not a chance.”

I covered the hurt I felt with a pout. “Why?”

He eyed the magazines hatefully before looking back at me. “Why would I, if I now know that people out there have copies of these and looking at you in… in… God knows in whatever ways they do!”

That, I didn’t bother hiding my giggles. “Someone’s jealous.”

“I'm not!”

“I didn’t say it’s you.”

“Whatever.” He grunted and then smacked himself on the face. “Is this the job you were talking about? Modeling for magazine covers?”

I awkwardly scratched my cheek with a finger. “Sort of.”

He groaned again, and it’s not helping my morning wood! Now that I thought about it, it was quite evident seeing that I was only in my boxers now. But it seemed like Hunter wasn’t noticing it. “Then the more reason I have to make you quit!”

“Okay! I will!” I couldn’t help but laugh at how childishly he was reacting to this. I mean, it’s not like I was naked in those covers. The most revealing I had gone in there was taking off my shirt.

He stood up and walked towards me, his scowl now turned into a pout. Sometimes, his childish side was too cute for his own good.

He enveloped me in a hug quite possessively, swaying us left and right. “Promise me you'll quit?” I chuckled. “I'm serious, Silver!”

“Who said you're not? I promise, alright?” I reached up and pinched his cheeks, leaning up to plant a good morning kiss on his pouting, inviting, addictive lips. “Now tell me why I woke up without my baby beside me.”

“I was planning to go to a 24-hour grocery store and buy stuffs so I could cook breakfast for you.” He let out an annoyed sigh. “Why do you have to cover for those?! And to think that the magazine title is Eye Candy?!”

Phew… good thing I placed the magazine where I covered dressed like a Greek God in a different location.

“Where is it?!” I nearly jumped when he growled, narrowing his eyes.

“I said that out loud?”

“No, more like I heard your thoughts out loud!”

I banged my head against his shoulder before pointing under the couch. He quickly pulled away, making me lose my balance for a bit, and kneeled down behind the couch to pull out the magazine. Oohh, look at that ass! And it’s all for me!

He gasped when he saw it and I eyed him nervously. He looked like he wanted to rip it into two. And knowing his strength, he could do that as if it was just a piece of tissue paper.

“Uhh… Hunter-babe, are you alright?” I was already fidgeting here because he was so silent!

Okay, so I lied when I said that the most revealing one that I covered was when I had no shirt. In the magazine Hunter was now looking at, I was indeed dressed like a Greek God, but the way I posed was… not exactly… innocent.

You know Greek Gods wear those thin white clothes that just like, hung on their bodies, right? And golden stuffs to jazz the outfit up? Well, in my case, in the picture, I was holding the belt up my face, biting the tip of the golden belt. My right arm was bare and had a tribal tattoo-ish thingy. I didn’t know why they had to include one in there. it was just body paint, of course.

I was sitting there in a throne with my leg folded above my other, which was connected to the floor. And knowing that Greek Gods had their clothes above their knees, falling just along their mid-thighs, my tattooed arm was draped across my middle so I won't get ‘exposed’, a sword at hand. Finally, a crown was placed above my head like it was about to fall off.

I watched Hunter as he collected all the other magazines in a flash. And then I witness in awe as they all turned into ashes, flames appeared just for a split second but enough for me to know that it was indeed his doing.

“Whoa… Hunter… what just happened?” I asked, eyeing as pieces of burnt paper flew around the room.

“Sorry for the mess…” he muttered, still sounding pissed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 315 44
Ernwood Forest is home to people living hidden from the prying eyes of humans; the Winged and their tribes. These people stand no taller than a few c...
64.8K 2.6K 13
Dead silence. Murmurs of the trees seemed to sense the danger it brought as they quieted. Rustling of leaves eased, unforgiving wind calming down. Ag...
12.4K 1.2K 40
the forest is an odd place.. ♕ [ warning: this story may contain potentially 'triggering' things. you have been warned. ]
335K 8.7K 24
Benjamin is found in the forest while it's raining, cold and weak. A werewolf Alpha comes across him while patrolling the land and immediately knows...