Hunting Silver

By PreyDelaCruz

A forest is one of the places where creatures of beyond human’s knowledge, reside. Of course, you just don’t... More

Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 21

13.5K 595 59
By PreyDelaCruz

[Vote and comment, please. Enjoy reading!]

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

Ah. I fell asleep.

I woke up with Hunter gently shaking me. I stirred a bit before opening my eyes and when I did, his smile was the first one I saw. I could get used to this.

“Is it morning already?” I asked, rubbing the sleep off my eyes.

He chuckled. “No, silly. We have to go downstairs, though. Your family is waiting.”

I quickly sat up. “They’re here?!” And then I noticed my surroundings. “This is my room before I moved out.”

“Yep, Mr. Obvious. Now, shall we go downstairs and have… the talk?” he asked, quoting the last two words in mid-air with his fingers, completely changing the meaning of the emphasized words.

“Aww… I want to. But I'm too lazy…” I extended out my arms to him and grinned, tilting my head to the side.

He groaned. “You're so spoiled!”

“Yep, yep, now stop complaining and carry me!”

“What if I don’t want to? The last time I carried you on my back, you did something out of the blue.”

“Out of the blue?” I looked up at the ceiling and pretended to think of what he was talking about, even if I didn’t forget what it was in the first place. “AH! That? I won't do it again!” I grinned. “For now.”

He eyed me skeptically and then sighing, turned his back to me and crouched down a little. He looked back over his shoulder. “What are you waiting for?”

I pouted. “If you really don’t want to, then I would just crawl. I don’t want to force you.”

“Don’t want to force… pulling the guilty card now?” he asked, raising an eyebrow.

I huffed and clicked my tongue. And then I surprised him by jumping on his back. His face would have connected to the floor if he used his hand as support a second later.

“Giddy up, wolfie! Giddy up! Giddy up!” I shouted, tapping his thigh for effect.”

“Wolfie?”

“No complaining!”

“You are such a kid, babe.”

“Of course! I am Silver Bullet! Why are you still surprised?”

We went downstairs with me on Hunter’s back. I was tugging his ears while humming. They were red not because they were hurt or something, but because he was turned on. I swear he could get turned on even if I just played with his fingers! I didn't know if I should take that as positive or negative.

Anyways, once we got downstairs and I spotted my Mommy and Daddy sitting on the couch beside each other, I jumped off Hunter’s back and threw myself between them. Do you know what happened?

They sat apart so my face got smacked to the backrest of the couch, and then bounced that I fell on the floor. You think only my sexy bum would hurt? Heck, no! I think my nose was bleeding!

Rubbing both my nose and butt cheeks, I said with my voice leaking with sarcasm, “I missed you, too, parents of mine!”

They laughed. Imagine that? They. Freakin’. Laughed. Well, at least Hunter walked to me and helped me up. But then when I looked at him, he himself was having difficulty in holding back his laughter.

I pouted. “Where is Skylar, anyway?”

“Kitchen, baby bro!”

I shrieked and ran to the kitchen, leaving those heartless people who dared laugh at my misfortune, to my wonderful brother who will NEVER say no to me.

“Skylar!” I threw myself to him – that’s a habit of mine – when I saw him choosing between a drink between coke and lemonade. “Those meanies laughed at me! They laughed at me! I hit my nose on the couch and fell my butt on the floor, but all they did was laugh at me! Skylaaaar!” I whined, wiping my invisible tears with his shirt. He chuckled and my jaw dropped, real tears now prickling my ducts. “You, too?!”

“No, dummy. It’s just that, you said, ‘laughed at me’ three times.” I raised a brow. Not because he called me dummy, but because he repeated my words by how I said it.

I wonder if Skylar was gay, too. Come to think of it, he never introduced a girlfriend to us before, per say he has or had one.

I could still hear my parents laughing and it just made me pout more. How dare they?

“Hey, Hunter! Silver here is being such a kid! I think he needs a few spanks!” I gaped at him when he said that.

I felt my face heating up when I glanced at the doorframe and saw Hunter leaning there, that sexy smirk plastered on his smug face again. “Shut up! Wait, you already know each other? Huh? Huh?! HUH?!”

Hunter spoke. “Yeah, while you were asleep. So no need for introductions. We didn’t discuss yet the main reason why we’re here, though.”

I barely nodded, still feeling a little bit bad of what they did, and snuggled up with Skylar. And when I say snuggle, I meant hugging him with my arms and legs tight around his neck and waist, and let’s not forget that I was literally breathing in the crook of his neck.

“Skylar, I missed you! I missed Mommy and Daddy, too but I won't grant them the chance to feel my awesome hugs because they didn’t catch me! Hah! Suck that, Mom and Dad!”

“We’d rather not, son.” I tilted my head a little to see my parents just entering the kitchen, and also Hunter was glaring at my direction. Hmf! “That would be Hunter’s job, so we’ll leave that to him.”

I gasped. “Oh my god, Daddy, you so didn’t just say that! Language, man, language! And don’t give my boyfriend ideas!”

He just chuckled while Mommy was shaking her head. Oh yeah, I was one of those people who still called their parents Mommy and Daddy. And yeah, our family was cool like that that if you overheard us talking, you’d think we’re not in a parent-children type of relationship. Oh, how I loved my family!

I yelped when I was suddenly yanked from Skylar to an all-too-familiar chest. I didn’t need to look up to know who it was so I just huffed and crossed my arms. Hunter possessively sat me on his lap and wrapped his arms around me that it felt like only my head was sticking out.

I was glaring at no one in particular, but my brother still raised his hands up in surrender as he sat on a chair beside ours. I can hear my Mommy’s muffled ‘aww’, most probably because Daddy immediately covered her mouth. I chanced a glance at them from the corner of my eyes and I wasn’t wrong.

“So, we’re not oppose of you having a boyfriend, pumpkin, but would you mind tell us why you came back home only now?” asked my mother as she and Daddy sat across us.

Hunter chuckled with the ‘pumpkin’ endearment so I elbowed him, which just made him chuckle more. At least it wasn’t peanut. Or worse… twiddlebee.

“Well, a lot of things happened,” I started. “Things that need a lot of explanation, which is the main reason why we’re here.”

Skylar snorted. “Does that mean that if those ‘things’ didn’t happen, you wouldn’t come home?”

I gasped. “That’s not what I mean!” They all laughed. “I hate you all!”

“Of course you don’t,” Hunter said. At long last he spoke! I still didn’t face him, though. Hmph!

I cleared my throat quite loudly and immediately gained their attention. I took a deep breath first before narrowing my eyes at my parents. Now they seemed to find the table rather interesting to look at than my face.

“Let’s make this quick, alright?” I asked. They didn’t say anything, nor looked at me, yet nodded. The only thing that was breaking the silence, except me, was Skylar sipping his lemonade. I didn’t get why he still bothered to think twice. I mean, he always chose lemonade. And I said always.

“So, Mommy, Daddy… what exactly am I?”

Now they both looked at me with confused faces. But only my father voiced out their thoughts. “What do you mean, son?”

“I'm not human, am I?”

“Uhh…” my mother trailed off. Another awkward silence hung up in the air that just gave birth to more gay babies – Yay! – until Skylar grunted.

“C'mon, Mom, Dad! This smarty-pants here already knows the answer. He just wants to hear it from you.” I kicked his arm that almost made him spill his lemonade. “Very mature, baby bro.” I just stuck out my tongue at him.

My father cleared his throat and momentarily looked behind me, probably at Hunter, who tensed up a bit and nodded. I knew he nodded because his chin knocked the top of my head a few times. Why was I surrounded by mean people?!

My father’s eyes were now focused on me, and so were my mother’s. “Well, son, you see… you’re a wind wolf. To be specific, a werewolf that has the element of the wind.”

“And a warlock possessing the element of the water,” my mother butted in.

“But you’re still somehow partly human, since that’s what the ‘were’ in the ‘werewolf’ supposed to mean.”

“So the answer to your question would be, you're half warlock and half werewolf.”

“STOP!” I shouted, slamming my hands on the table, and then immediately lifted them back to cover my already closed eyes. Hunter’s hold of me tightened that I could hardly breathe, but that’s just what I needed the most now. “Are you trying to say… that I'm a fucking salad?”

“Language, baby bro. And nice analogy there.”

“Shut the fuck up, Skylar.” I was panting because I can barely process everything in my head. “Why are you telling me this only now? And don’t give me something like ‘because you asked us only now’ craps!”

“Pumpkin—“

“Don’t you pumpkin me now, Sylvia Gold!”

“Silver, that’s enough!”

“You too, Damon! I'm not done yet!”

Hunter rubbed my back in circles. “Silver, you really have to calm down.”

“I'm calm… I'm calm… of course I'm calm… why wouldn’t I be calm? Do I look like I'm freaking out? What did they think of my body? A shell that they could just slap a werewolf and a warlock inside? Hunter—“ He cut me off by covering my mouth with his free hand.

“I want you to breathe deeply a few times. Okay?” Tears were already forming in the corner of my eyes, nearly hyperventilating. And I was sure they were aware of it. “Silver?”

I nodded and did what he asked me to. My parents were looking at me guiltily and when I glanced at Skylar sideways, his face was the same. So he knew about this, too? And he didn’t tell me sooner?

Thank you.

“Now, baby, listen to what they’re about to say.” I looked up at Hunter, disbelief visible in my face. “We are here to seek answers to our questions, right? So we have to listen. And don’t put all the blame to your parents. I'm sure they hid things from you for a reason.”

“That’s right,” my father said. I didn’t want to call them Mommy and Daddy now.

“We’re very sorry, pumpkin, but you see…”

“Mom, Dad, just get to the point,” Skylar chimed in, successfully pissing me off more.

“Listen carefully, son. And please try to understand us,” my father continued. I didn’t look at him, or at anyone. My head was just hung down. Stefan’s shirt was really pretty. “You are a hybrid of a werewolf and a warlock, me being the first and your mother the latter, which in her case a witch for that matter.” My eyes widened and my mouth formed into an ‘O’, still looking down. And I didn’t make any sound.

With my mother’s voice slightly shaking, she added, “To put it simply, your wolf side and your warlock side don’t get along with each other. When you were five years old, you kept changing personalities because of that. It also made people, who don’t know you're a hybrid, think you have Multiple Personality Disorder and such. No matter what we do, the other won't just submit to the other. Until it resulted that you were causing harm to yourself.  And that’s when we decided to seal both for your safety.”

“Let me explain the rest,” Skylar said, turning in his seat so he was completely facing us and Hunter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

382K 10.2K 31
A Forest Wolf is a wolf who can "control" the forest. A cub searches for power trough the most powerful being near them. With a pack of Alphas and...
19.3K 709 28
Alex is a normal, nature-loving boy in his hometown of Wolf's Creek. It's said that there's werewolves that live in the forest, but no one's ever see...
4.9K 332 18
Being at the head of a pack is isolating; anyone at the top could tell you that. Rushed into a role you're not ready for. Rushed to find a mate. Rus...
1.6K 73 12
M/N who was already happy with his life was unlucky to know his parents were divorcing since his father felt like they weren't working out,however,hi...