High school wars

By gabby_vazquez

(Completed) There has been a feud going on at Kennedy high school for a very long time between the football p... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Authors note
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Another authors note
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Bonus chapter
Sequel!!!

Chapter 23

2.4K 71 9
By gabby_vazquez

Naomi mason

Today was the day.

The most important soccer game of my life. It was make it or break it. I'm so nervous I couldn't eat anything all day. I know that's bad but I am so nervous I couldn't. In school I couldn't concentrate. All I was thinking about was the game. I was thinking about how good it will be to win or how I would feel if I would loose. I'm trying to stay positive but I can't help to think about it and right now as I'm sitting in our team just praying that this game goes right. I honestly don't know what I would do if we loose. I don't know what I would do if I didn't get my 100 goal. Everyone I mean everyone is here. Paige told me the stands are pack. My whole side of my moms family, the soccer family is here to support me. No one on my moms side has ever broke the 100 goal. I'll be the first in my family and the first in my school. Oh jeez I think I'm going to throw up.

Breath Naomi breath

I'm nervously tapping my foot and drumming my fingers in my head and I can't stop shaking. I just want to play and get this over with.

"Naomi." Coach came over to me

I picked my head up and looked at her "hey coach."

"You look like the nervous rack." She laughed

I smiled "yeah I'm pretty nervous."

She sat down beside me and put her hand on my knee

"Just play the game like you normally do. Forget about everyone who showed up tonight. Forget about the record or states or the division championship just play this game like its an regular old season game. Play the game like you know how to play. If you block everyone else out you will do fine I promise. Stop worrying about what will happen if we loose or anything like that. So what if we loose or you don't break the record what matters is what you leave on the field tonight. If you give your 100% and loose hey at least you have it your all, but if you play the worst game of your life and loose them well have some problems. I just want you to have fun kiddo and play it your all. Give them a show, show them who Naomi mason really is." She said

I toke a deep breath and nodded.

She patted my knee "okay you got like 2 mins before showtime I'll call you." She got off and left

Everything she said was right but I still couldn't help but be nervous. I had to leave everything out in the field today. I have to give it my all. This game should be my most memorable game ever. I couldn't let anybody take this from me.

"Naomi lets go!" Coach yelled

I got up and jumped up and down a couple times. I looked up at the ceiling.

"This ones for you mom ." I headed out

+++

"Let's give it up for you Kennedy high girls soccer team!" The announcer said

We ran out in our warms up me and Ashley in the front bc we were captains. We both held soccer balls in our hands as the crowd was screaming out of control and our warm up cd blaring. I honestly loved it. We did our warms up and them the refs called over the captains. After that me and Ashley ran back to our team.

"Okay ladies." Coach started "today is a very important game today. Whatever happens I want to let you guys know how proud I am that you guys made it this far. Leave it all out on the field tonight. Play your hardest. Don't do this for me... Do this for you selfs. If you want it go get it. The only way your going to win is if you play to the best of your ability. Let's show everyone what real warriors are." She stood up " alright let's cheer it up ladies. Naomi lead us off"

We all stood up and put our hands in the middle.

I took a deep breath "let's do this ladies. This is our game." I started off "WARRIOR ON 3 WARRIORS ON 3, 1 2 3 WARRIORS." I started then everyone jumped in

It was nice and loud so everyone can here how proud we are.

This is it.

"Don't screw this up for us." Ashley came behind me and whispered.

I rolled my eyes "how about you do you and I'll do me." I walked away

I got to my position. They had possession first.

Beep beep

And I was off. They're fast. They pushed up the field fast. I ran back to cover my area.

"BACK." I yelled

One of the opponents passed it my way. I tried to contain the girl but she blew right pass me.

How did I let that happen

"Naomi you got to contain faster! Come on!" Coach yelled "RECOVER."

I went back to recover. Paige took the ball away from one of the opponents and started dribbling up.

"NAOMI GET AHEAD!"

I sprinted to get ahead of Paige .

Paige crossed it to me and I stopped the ball and got control of it. I started to dribble up as fast as I can. I faked a girl to the right and dribbled in.

"LADIES GET AHEAD." Coach screamed

"Go up!" I yelled

"Naomi get rid of the ball and set up for a cross!"

"Paige!" I yelled

I passed the ball to her and she managed to get it stolen. I sighed and started to run back.

"Paige recover! Naomi and Lisa stay back!!!"

What the hell they need help up there I can't just stay back but I obeyed orders. I was in midfield standing there waiting for something to happen.

"Contain!" I yelled

Paige got the ball back and dribbled up then she passed it to a sophomore more and she started to go up.

"Pass it to Lisa!"

She obeyed and pass it to Lisa. Lisa is suppose to cross it to me.

"GET UP THERE NAOMI! " My coach was screaming at me

I sprinted my hardest to get ahead of her. When I was pretty far ahead from her she crossed the ball to me, I controlled it and headed up to the goal. So close to scoring 1 out of three goals. At this point everyone was screaming. I passed by there defense. I set up for my shot. I planted my left foot and swung my right in the air. My foot made contact with the ball and the ball went soaring in the air. It went all the way up in the air.

I missed.

I heard everyone groan in the stands. I put my hands to my head and leaned my head back.

I never miss.

Paige ran up to me "it's okay Naomi you have a whole game left to score."

I want to score my three and get it over with already. So I sit have to worry about it all game. I just nodded and walked away from her.

This is going to be a long half.

+++

0-2

The score was 0-2 them. It was half time and I haven't even scored yet. I have one more half what if I can't do it? This is to much for me right now. I'm not playing like my self. This can't be happening. Not this game. It could of have been any other game but it had to be this one.

Our coach walked in our team room. I was leaning against the locker with my Gatorade in my hand.

She sighed "listen ladies I'm not going to tell you what your doing wrong or what you need to do to improve next half. It's the basically the end of the season you should know what your mistakes are and you should know what you are doing wrong and what you need to do to improve. What I am going to say is that your not playing like your selfs at all. They shouldn't be blowing us out like this. Your not playing like the warriors I know and love. Going to states depends on you guys. Not me you. If you want to go so badly play like you want it. If you want the division so badly play like you will never ever play soccer again. For you seniors this is it so why not make your mark. So this half I want to see some improvement. Like I said this game depends on you." she finished "alright get out there."

We started to leave but she stopped me.

"I need to have a word with you." She said

I nodded and crossed my arms

"Naomi this isn't you. The way your playing I have never seen you play like this. Are you really that nervous."

I nodded

"Naomi it's okay to be nervous but if you want this as badly as you say you want it, then your going to have to snap out of it. Everyone is here for YOU so show them that they didn't come here for nothing."

I nodded again "okay."

She patted my back "alright now get out there and show them how it's done."

+++

This time I was back. We had 20 mins left and the score was 1-2. I had one down two to go. We been playing way better this half. I have been playing way better. We haven't let them score and we weren't going to let them. This was our game. I ran up the field while Lisa was dribbling up.

I cut in "CROSS CROSS! "

She crossed it to me and I set up for a goal. I planted my left foot down and swung my right and the ball was soaring in the air when I made contact. I tried to make my shots extra hard so they can't stop them. The ball went flying pass the goalie into the goal.

I jumped up in the air and threw my fist up. I heard the crowd go out of control.

Paige flew into my arms and so did everybody else.

2 down 1 more to go.

This is it I was so close. It's literally at the palm of my hands I can't let go.

"With 15:05 left in the second half. The warriors manage to score again tying the score at 2-2. Lisa bridge with the assist to Naomi mason. Naomi mason now has one more goal left for 100th goal and one more left before being named division champions." the announcer stated.

Now I'm even more nervous and now I want to throw up even more. Maybe after the game.

There is 2mins left in the half. 2 mins for me to score. The game is still tied 2-2. I do not want to go into overtime or penalty kicks. I want to finish this game now.

They tried to score but our goalie caught it. She punted it towards Paige and Paige got control of the ball.

"NAOMI GET UP GET UP! GIVE IT NAOMI!" Coach yelled

At this time everyone was standing up on the bleachers. Expect the football players and I still don't know why there here to be honest. I sprinted my hardest down the field. I had a long way to go.

"1 min left remaining." The announcer said

"DONT LOOSE IT PAIGE!"

Please don't loose it Paige. She was getting doubled team but managed to get pass them.

30 seconds

"Hurry!" At this point I started to cry

"GET AT THE CORNER NAOMI. CROSS IT PAIGE!"

"DONT LET 4 GET THE BALL!" The other coach said

I was at the corner of the goal and Paige was at the goal and was about to cross it.

10 seconds

"CROSS IT!" I yelled

She crossed it and it was to late for me to set up and kick it. I had like five girls around me sticking me. There was only one this left to do. When the ball reached me I lifted my head in the air for a head bunt and connected my head to the ball towards the goal.

3,2,1

The ball went flying pass the goalie into the goal.

I think my heart just stopped.

The buzzer went off.

Game over.

"She did it! She did it! Naomi mason is the first person ever to get 100 goals and the girls soccer team has won the division and is going to states!" The announcer yelled

I jumped up in the air and screamed. I was so happy. Everyone ran over to me and tackled me to the floor. I was basically crying at this point.

I did it . I actually did it. I broke the record, won the division and we're going to states.

Okay now I can't breath.

My teammates got off of me but we didn't stop cheering. I ran over to my coach and gave her a big hug.

"I told you you could do it kiddo." She told me

I looked at her crying "thanks for everything coach."

"Anything for you Naomi."

The fans started pouring out of the bleachers and onto the field my whole soccer family came over to me and handed me flowers and balloons and congratulating me. They were all so proud. They said I gave them a heart attack.

Allie came over to me a have me a big hug

"I'm so proud of you sweetie." She said

"Thanks aunt Allie." I thanked her

She looked at me crying as well "your mom would of been so proud of you."

"I know." I smiled

Chelsea came over to me next and gave me a hug and flowers and balloons. I was getting so much.

"You did so good girl." Chelsea told me

"Thanks" I smiled at her

I was FaceTimeing your brother during the game and he is so proud of you and said he'll call you later."

"Okay thanks."

"Alright I got to go but good job and congrats!"

I waved at her as she left.

So many people came over to me and were congratulating me and I said thanks but there was one person I wanted to find.

Randy

Randy was standing at our team bench by himself. Was he waiting for me?

I don't care because nothing matter. We connect eyes and he smiled.

He was going to hate me after this but I just have.

Nothing matter now. I wanted him and all of him now.

I dot care about the feud or what anybody thinks. We want to be be together it's our choice. We shouldn't have to worry about anything. I started to run up to him and once I reached him I jumped up in his arms and gave him a kiss.

In front of everyone.

I heard gasps all around us but he didn't fight though. He kept going. I pulled away and looked in his eyes.

"Naomi why did you do that?" he asked

"I don't know I guess the spur of the moment." Naomi

He dropped me down looking at me shocked as Ashton pulled him away and Paige pulled me away. I heard Ashton yelling at him but I don't know what he was saying.

"What was that?" Paige ask

"What was what." I said

"That whole kissing thing with randy garret a football player!" She said

I sighed "okay I might as well tell you."

"You better tell."

I quickly told her everything about me and randy. She just stood there frozen

"Are you mad ?"

She shook her head "no I could honestly care less I would do the some thing, the girls though are a little bit curious."

"I guess I should tell them."

"Yes capt. " She said pulling me over to my teammates.

+++

After the game I headed to the locker room to get the rest of my stuff. I told the girls what really happens between me and randy and they were honestly okay with it expect Ashley but her opinion is not valid to me. I happy they agree with my decision. I just don't want Matt to find out.

As I was putting my stuff in my bag I heard the locker room door open. I was scared. I heard the person walk over to were I was and I turned around to find randy standing behind me. I sighed with relief that it wasn't a stranger.

"Randy what are you doing in here?!?" I ask

"Doesn't matter, what matters is the fact that you kissed me in front of everybody. Now Ashton is questioning me and I had to tell him everything and-" he stopped " I just want to know why."

"Why does it matter? Randy your my boyfriend and I honestly I'm sick and tired of all this sneaking around. Today was the greatest day of my life randy and I'm sorry if my happiness got in the way of our secret relationship. I won the biggest game of my life and broke a record no one has ever broke before! So sorry I was a little to excited!" I explained to him

"I am happy for you Naomi I am but I wish you were just thinking about us because you just ruined the whole secret and know everyone knows!" He started to speak higher and louder

"Wait thinking about us or thinking about you because it seems like this whole relationship is based on you. You always think about how this relationship can ruin your reputation but you never seem to think of me. If your so worried about your reputation then why are we together in the first place? You put this on yourself randy."

"That's not true and you know it. I care about you so much Naomi I would risk anything for."

"Then why does it matter now! why are you getting so mad at me!" I started to yell

"Because I don't want anything to happen to you!"

"Bullshit." I rolled my eyes " randy this is going no where."

"Naomi just why? Why did you have to ruin our perfectly good secret relationship. Everything was fine the way we had it and now everyone knows and it's not fine now. So why?"

I couldn't hold it in anymore he was making me so angry and if I just tell him maybe he will shut up.

"BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!" I yelled at him

He stood there with his eyes wide open

"And I'm tired of keeping this a secret. I want a real relationship with dates and and I don't to hide around and pretend I don't know you, I want to hold your hand in public and kiss you in public whenever I want, but it seems like you don't want that. So sorry If this was the wrong time to tell you but I love you randy garret. You completely stoled my heart. I care about you so much randy but I don't think you feel the same way or you wouldn't care about what I did. I don't want to do this to you. It's either me or your rep because I can't keep doing this. I deserve way better but it sucks because I already fell for you." I continued

He was silent and tears started to fall down

I grabbed my stuff " I guess that's your answer." I started to leave

"Naomi wait!" He called

I turned around and faced him

"I'm sorry" he said

"So I am I" and I left him standing there

As I was walking towards my car I started to cry even more. When I got to my car I saw Ashton and a few others standing around there.

"Get away from me Ashton." I told him

"Not till we get some business taken care off." He said

They came towards me and grabbed my arms. I tried to wiggle out but they were stronger then me. Ashton gave me two punches in my eye and threw me to the ground and then they took off. I was crying in pain. Clutching my eye while it stings with pain. I heard someone ran over to me hoping it was randy, but of course it wasn't.

"Naomi what happened! " Matt said

He helped me up "Ashton is what happened."

" Are you okay?" He asked

"Does it look like I'm okay!!" I yelled

"No sorry but you kinda did kiss randy so he had a reason too."

I looked at him " you saw?"

He nodded "I'm not mad at you but I want an explanation."

"Okay but right now I want to get home."

"I'll take you." He suggested

"No I want to go by myself. "

He nodded and let me go. I got in my car and waved at him. The whole way home I was crying and i couldn't stop. Today was suppose to be the happiest day of my life and of course the football players had to ruin it. Of course randy had to ruin it. Once I got home I parked my car got in my house and ran to my room. I threw my bag somewhere and plopped on my bed. I cried uncontrollably and put my hands to my head. I stood up and grabbed my guitar. I like to play the guitar and sing when I'm upset.

I strung a few cords still crying and then started.

"I remember life before far away dreams and locked in door, then you came then you came,
Afraid to fall to be free always my own worst enemy, it isn't what you would see,
I took time to realize that I couldn't do it by myself myself,
There's no gravity when your next to me,
You always break my fall like a parachute,
When your holding me so where I can barely breath,
You always break my fall my fall,
Like a parachute,
Your my parachute."

I ended the song and started to cry some more. I lost the one person who made me happy. The first person I ever gave my heart to.

I never thought when I finally say I love you to someone I would let them go.

~~~~~~~~~~A/N ~~~~~~~~~~~

aahhhhh so many feels thins chapter! She finally said it! This chapter was exciting but yet also sad. What will happen to Naomi and randy? Is there relationship finished? Did you think what Ashton toke it to far? What about sweetheart Matt and the the soccer team not caring? On the good note Naomi broke the record and is going to states! Yay!

No updates or such today! Homecoming was fun btw :)

That song is called parachute and is from Austin and ally my only favorite Disney show at the moment. I love it so much :)

These chapters are not edited.

Thanks and stay classy :)

- gabby

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

268 1 26
Watching her parents die tipped her over the edge. She fell into a bottomless pit of depression and can't seem to get out. Her Aunt threw her a rope...
253K 6.1K 39
Summer and Bryce used to hate each other, until they found out they shared the same passion. Soccer. They fell in love with each other. But now as th...
625 255 36
A High School football player is living his best life as it is right now, and it seems like nothing can go wrong. He is the team captain on offense a...
12.6K 333 23
It's senior year for Naomi which means its her last year to make her mark and now that the feud is over it should make everything better. well not so...