I Hate the Way You Say My Nam...

By Endless_Infinity

Wang Yibo and Xiao Zhan don't get along very well. An argument will always starts when they see each other. B... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Chapter 12

8.7K 612 78
By Endless_Infinity

As the two of them walk around the campus with the president having a tissue stuck on his nose to stop the blood from flowing out and the vice-president having a band aid on his bruised lower lip. The most eye catching sight is that their hands are handcuffed together with a frown on both of their faces.

Everyone would look at them and chatter. Eventually, the whole school found out that they're handcuffed together as punishment. Xiao Zhan wanted the ground to suddenly swallow him, sadly that's not gonna happen any time soon.

The shame of walking around with a person you dislike is stuck by your side is one of the things Xiao Zhan didn't wish for. It is really unfortunate. Even the scortching heat of the sun wasn't helping the president's feeling at all. The both of them didn't even try to talk or just even make small conversations. Heck, they weren't even looking at the same direction. Sometimes their hands would brush against each other and they'll immediately pull apart. They'll end up arguing about getting too close. It was obvious that there is still an angry tension between them.

Upon arriving at the field, there were different booths displayed. Students and visitors are roaming around. Some were playing games, buying food or purchasing cheap things for sale.

As they walk through the crowd, people would turn their heads and look at the two council members locked together. Xiao Zhan sighs and slightly glances at the vice-president who is looking straight ahead with a stoic face. He seems too bored to care at the people surrounding them.

It was like back then, when Wang Yibo was still a first year. They don't talk at all and they would try their best to avoid each other. The situation as of the moment is quite similar.

They approached a booth with blue streamers hanging and aquatic designs inside the tent. A group of girls are facilitating a certain game. The president and vice-president went inside quietly.

The tent is decorated with printed aquatic animals hanging on the ceiling, there were also hand sewn handkerchiefs and pouches to be sold. Xiao Zhan smiled at the preparations. It seems that they really did a lot of effort despite being a volleyball group.

"How are the games going?" Xiao Zhan asked with a smile to the captain of the girls volleyball team. "It's going pretty well, president. The students seem to be having fun with the water guns," she said as she pointed outside at the group of students having a water fight. Anyone can join since the school is open for people to enjoy the celebration. Also, there are also prizes to be won. "That's good to know, did Yu Bin and the others gave you the prizes?"

"Yes, he gave them to me this morning," she said with a nod.

Mei Ming, the captain, then glanced at the president's and vice-president's hands bind together. "Mei Ming, you don't have to make it too obvious that you keep glancing," the president said with a defeated sigh and the captain immediately replied, "Ah gosh, so rude of me, I'm so sorry pres," she bows but the president stops her. "It's alright, who wouldn't get weirded out about this? We weren't even registered in the jail booth."

Mei Ming just gave a light chuckle. "Have fun at the festival, president," and with that she gaves him a wink and walks off to her teammates.

"See? That's how a good person acts," Xiao Zhan complains under his breath and drags Wang Yibo to another booth. Yibo didn't say anything and just sent him a light glare.

"We can't visit all the booths today," Yibo says. "Then let's achieve the impossible, right?" Xiao Zhan said and rolled his eyes.

"I need to be at the kissing booth," the vice-president says and the president came to an abrupt stop. Wang Yibo saw how the president clenches his fists. Another punch? Yibo thought indifferently and sighs. "We'll visit that the last, if it makes you feel any better," Yibo suggests, "I can't decline my participation or Wooseok will have my head."

"Then serve your head!" Xiao Zhan angrily retorted and started walking again, dragging Yibo along. The vice-president frowns at the upperclassman's stubbornness.

"You're being unreasonable again," Wang Yibo says and stops Xiao Zhan from walking by holding his hand. With the sudden action, the president retreats his hand and hissed in pain as the handcuffs moved around his wrist with the sudden force. "Don't you dare touch me," he said as he glares at Yibo.

"You weren't going to listen if I didn't do anything," Yibo said and he was the one to lead this time. Xiao Zhan didn't say anything as he lets himself be dragged by the junior.

They stopped at another booth. It was actually like an outdoor cafe, prepared by the cooking club. The pure white tent looked aesthetically pleasing as pink colored roses where decorated at the entrance with students dressed up as butlers and maids as they entertain the different costumers. There is also a small black board outside with a stand that has all the menu for the cafe.

Upon seeing the two council members, the president of the cooking club immediately smiled and ran towards the two. "A-Zhan! Nice to see you here, gosh is your nose alright? How about you, Yibo?" Xuan Lu said as she worriedly asks the two council members.

"It's okay, Lu-jie. We're alright," Xiao Zhan replied politely. Yibo didn't say anything as usual.

"I'm just checking how things are going."

"Everything is going pretty amazing, just a bit tiring since there are a lot of costumers to handle," she explains as she chuckles. "Well, don't tire yourself out Lu-"

"Lu-jie! Is that the 100th couple?" A junior student said as he interupted the three people talking, specifically only two people talking.

"It's alright, Yue, look for another pair," he says but the junior quickly speaks up, "Lu-jie, why look for another when there's already right in front of us?" He points the two council members. This boy must be a freshman and doesn't know anything about Yibo and Xiao Zhan.

"Ah, no, it's a misunderstand-" Xiao Zhan immediately gets cut off once more and was dragged inside the tent. They were led inside the tent and the cafe looks even more aesthetic than before. Inside, it was theme with soft colored pastels and the sweet aroma of sweets and brewed coffee filled the air.

"Congratulations, you have the free food bundle of Le Express Romance as the 100th couple who came to visit our cafe!" The junior announced and everyone inside the tent cheered. Xiao Zhan felt his face redden out of embarrassment. Is everyone present here has a lose screw?

Wang Yibo didn't react and scanned his eyes throught the menu as both of their hands were on top of the table.

Xiao Zhan turns to look at Xuan Lu and gave her the look please-help-me-out-right-now. The president of the cooking club only gave him an apologetic smile and Xiao Zhan internally cried.

"You can order anything just for free!" The student dressed up as a maid said happily. Xiao Zhan doesn't have a choice, right? Well, it's near to lunch time and he couldn't bring himself to care anymore.

"Serve all of this," Wang Yibo said impassively as he puts his free hand in a whole page of the menu. Xiao Zhan immediately looks up at him and kicked him slightly under the table. "Why are you ordering too much?" He whispered with a hiss and Yibo just looked at him with a stoic face and said, "You're hungry, right? You have a big appetite."

Xiao Zhan doesn't know if he should feel offended or what. He can't deny that though but still! "Will that be all?" The waitress asked with a smile. Yibo just nodded and before Xiao Zhan could complain, the waitress already left and took the menu.

"What did you even order?" Xiao Zhan asks with disinterest. "Everything that you will probably eat," feeling embarrassed he pinched Yibo's hand. The vice-president frowns at his actions and stepped on his feet under the table.

"You clearly ruined my converse shoes," Xiao Zhan hissed. "And you clearly hurt my leg and hand," Yibo retorts impassively.

"This is all your fault," the president whispers and leans back on the plastic chair. "Might as well enjoy free food. Don't forget that you owe me," and with that Yibo gave him a smirk. Xiao Zhan felt like smacking this person in front of him.

With a sigh of defeat, he stayed silent and ignores the person in front of him. Not too long, their orders arrived. It was neatly set on the table and Wang Yibo and Xiao Zhan needed to be a bit closer since they can't stretch their arms to make space on top of the table.

So without warning, Wang Yibo moves his chair closer to Xiao Zhan's side, they were only inches apart. "Why are you so close?"

"To not embarrass yourself any further," Yibo says simply and earns another pinch. Completely ignoring the other, he looks at the different food that were served. There is some bacon with rice and egg, cucumber juice, grilled beef steak, some dessert such as mango float, blueberry cheesecake, 2 muffins with icings on top, crispy chicken with gravy and another strawberry shake. "You ordered too much, how are we supposed to finish-"

"Say ah," Yibo said with a slight grin as he serves a spoon full of rice with meat in front of him. What the fuck is this idiot doing!?

Xiao Zhan felt embarrassed once more, "Why are you-" Yibo cuts him off again and whispered, "If you don't play along, people we'll doubt us and kick us out. Our food will probably be forfeited," he explains.

Do it for the food, Zhan. They already served it.

With a heavy heart, he leaned in and did say, "Ahh," he ate it. Before the president could see the junior's smile, it disappeared.

"Oh my, they're so sweet,"

"Ah so the president and vice-president really are dating?"

"They're council members!?"

Xiao Zhan ignored them and tried to enjoy his food as much as possible. "Here's another one," Yibo serves another one and it's a different dish this time. It's egg with bacon. I think someone is having fun teasing me ah!

He doesn't have a choice and accepts it. At least the food is making him feel better. After chewing and gulping it, Xiao Zhan says, "Thanks, I can feed myself now." He shows his right free hand.

"Alright, why not serve me this time?" Yibo says rather calmly and Xiao Zhan internally screamed.

"Of course," he forcefully smiled as he grits he teeth. Wang Yibo chuckles and Xiao Zhan frowns.

He slices a small piece of cheesecake and serves it to Yibo. The vice-president with a shit eating grin, he gladly accepts it.

So the cycle became like this, they feed each other, taking turns and the people around couldn't help but look at them in awe.

They eventually finished eating with Xiao Zhan has the huge percentage of intake. "See? We could finish it."

"I don't know if you're trying to compliment me or what," the president retorts and eats the last slice of cheesecake. "I am," the vice-president replies and without warning he leans in a bit and uses his free hand to wipe the crums on the side of the president's mouth.

Xiao Zhan froze in place. He felt like he was in some kind of weird drama where clichè things happen. Well, he gots to suck it up and play along, right? Since they're pretending to be couple at the moment.

So with a smile, he says, "Thanks." Wang Yibo's eyes widen in surprise with Xiao Zhan's reply. "You're welcome."

They both stood up and approached the president of the cooking club. "Thank you for the wonderful meal, Lu-jie. We have to go since we need to check the other booths," Xiao Zhan said and Xuan Lu smiles at then warmly and went to see them out.

"Hope you come again," she says and the two council members walked off.

"Lu-jie, they're really dating? They could've said they didn't and we'll still probably serve them something else," Xue said as he looks at Xuan Lu.

"I don't even know anymore," she says with a laugh and headed back inside. The junior was a bit confused.

• • •

Xiao Zhan elbows him at the side. "You seriously went overboard back there!" He scolded and huffs. "I just did my job."

The president rolled his eyes and they proceeded with the different booths.

For the whole afternoon they checked the booths and askes what are the lacking things that they need. They eventually finished around 4 in the afternoon.

"People are jumping to conclusions so easily," Xiao Zhan said with a tired sighed and sat on the bench. Ignoring what the president said, Yibo speaks up. "There's still one booth left."

"What? I'm pretty sure we visited everything for the day," the president looks at him in confusion. Wang Yibo is contemplating to say it or not. Will Xiao Zhan yell at him again? Get angry and get frustrated?

But Yibo promised Wooseok and surely, Seungyoun will get upset for not sticking with their deal.

"I need to be at the kissing booth," Xiao Zhan didn't say anything and immediately averts his gaze. There was that awkward silence again.

"It's probably closed by now," the president stated. "Booths are open until 8, right? There's a night festival," Yibo says.

"You want to go there so badly?" He whispers and Wang Yibo thought that this isn't going anywhere and might as well give up. "If you don't want to go, then we won't-"

"Okay, let's just get this over with," Xiao Zhan said as he stood up and dragged Wang Yibo with him. "You don't have to force yourself."

"What do you know about me?" The president says with gritted teeth. He clenches his fists from time to time. Wang Yibo didn't say anything, Xiao Zhan took the silence as an opportunity to keep going.

They soon arrived at the kissing booth and everyone in the club looked at the both of them. "Xiao-ge! You're here," Wooseok says rather softly as he approached them.

"Uh, hi. This person is who you need, right?" Xiao Zhan said as he looks anywhere but not the booth. "Actually, it's alright. Yibo's not kissing anyone," Wooseok says and Xiao Zhan immediately looks at Yibo. "What's the purpose of bringing you here?" He hissed.

"I'm just here to help, do you think I would allow skinship?" Yibo says and ran a hand through his hair.

"What are you even gonna do here?"

"Xiao-ge, Yibo's just gonna-"

"I told you, that I'm gonna help them," Wang Yibo reasoned out and Xiao Zhan furrowed his eyebrows.

"Help like what? Help look at people kissing?" Xiao Zhan said venomously.

"Xiao-ge! Yibo!" Wooseok irriatedly interefered. He puts a finger at the space between his brows and said, "If you two are only gonna fight, please do it somewhere else, our costumers are too afraid to enter our booth since you're fighting at the entrance."

The two council members immediately shuts their mouth. Wooseok sighed in relief. "Yibo, it's alright if you can't help. And Xiao-ge, please get some rest," the junior said and went back inside the tent.

They walked off to a quieter place and stopped in their steps.

"This is clearly your fault," Wang Yibo said with a frown. "Yeah, isn't it always my fault?"

The vice-president immediately turned to look at him. It was surprising how Xiao Zhan accepted his defeat so easily. It made Wang Yibo feel uneasy. Xiao Zhan wasn't look at him but he had a calm look on his face and his wonderful black eyes looked pained as he stares at the distance. His anger dessipated.

"I'm sorry, I was too insensitive," Yibo says and it was Xiao Zhan's turn to look at him in surprise. "I told you, what do you know about me?" The president replies and gave a dry chuckle.

"I don't know anything about you at all. I can only guess and assume. Using that reason to judge someone is a very shallow person." The vice-president says rather softly. Xiao Zhan looks at him and he doesn't know what to say.

---
Sorry for the typos and please do point it out. Also, I'll be in hiatus for a while for my exams.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 8.1K 29
A simple love story/ fan fiction , i won't be harsh on your heart 😌✨💘 -"are you crazy?" -"Yes I am, crazy over you" Xiao zhan is a new student in t...
338K 20.7K 40
Xiao Zhan and Wang Yibo has been classmates since kindergarten. Zhan has a crush on yibo but never got the courage to confess. Unfortunately Yibo ha...
142K 13K 36
Xiao Zhan is an young and successful CEO of the Xiao Groups who is not just handsome but also very smart. He isn't just smart, he's a smart LIAR. The...
191K 11.4K 26
COMPLETED [2020/06/13] Xiao Zhan is one of the best college professors who's majoring in Business & Management. At age of 26 he managed to get a pr...