A Werewolf and a Human [2] St...

By TeenWolfHuman

Four months after the events that nearly ended Jackson's life and resurrected Peter Hale, the McCall twins an... More

Chapter 1: Tattoo
Chapter 3: Fireflies
Chapter 4: Unleashed
Chapter 5: Frayed
Chapter 6: Motel California
Chapter 7: Currents
Chapter 8: Visionary
Chapter 9: The Girl Who Knew Too Much
Chapter 10: The Overlooked
Chapter 11: Alpha Pact
Chapter 12: Lunar Ellipse
Chapter 13: Anchors
Chapter 14: More Bad Than Good
Chapter 15: Galvanize
Chapter 16: Illuminated
Chapter 17: Silverfinger
Chapter 18: Riddled
Chapter 19: Letharia Vulpina
Chapter 20: Echo House
Chapter 21: The Fox And The Wolf
Chapter 22: De-Void
Chapter 23: Insatiable
Chapter 24: The Divine Move
Chapter 25: The Dark Moon
Chapter 26: 117
Chapter 27: Make-Up Date
Chapter 28: Muted
Chapter 29: The Benefactor
Chapter 30: I.E.D.
Chapter 31: Orphaned
Chapter 32: Weaponized
Chapter 33: Time of Death
Chapter 34: Perishable
Chapter 35: Monstrous
Chapter 36: A Promise to the Dead
Chapter 37: Smoke and Mirrors
THIRD BOOK
NOTICE: Editing/New Stories
NEW STORIES!
NEW BOOK!!
WATTYS 2019

Chapter 2: Chaos Rising

7.1K 121 49
By TeenWolfHuman

++++++

Scott, Stiles and Sabrina were walking down the sidewalk passed a few houses as they were heading towards a house that had a few people already in front of it. Stiles and Sabrina walked hand-in-hand.

Stiles looked over and saw Scott looking at him. "What?" he asked.

Scott's eyes widened. "What do you mean what?" "I mean what, and you know what." "What what?" Scott said back. Stiles narrowed his eyes at him. "That look you were giving." "I didn't give a look," Scott defended himself. "There was a distinct look, Scott," Stiles spat back. "What look?" Scott said raising his voice a bit.

"The look that says that the last thing you feel like doing right now is going to a party." Scott huffed. "It's not that. It's just seems a little weird to be going to different high school's party."

Stiles shook his head. "What? Would you-Oh, my God, one drink, all right? You'll be fine." "Scott can have more than one drink. Remember, werewolves can't get drunk," Sabrina pointed out. "She's right," Stiles pointed at his girlfriend. "Anyway, I went to nursery school with this girl, okay?" 

"Wait, girl?" "Babe, she just an old childhood friend, okay? You're the only girl I love." Stiles said before kissing her cheek. Sabrina smiled. "And you're the only guy that I love." 

"Hey! What about your twin?" Scott asked as he pointed to himself. "Oh you know I love you Scott." "I know. Love you too twin." 

"Anyway," Stiles began, bringing the twins back to him. "She promised to introduce us to all of her friends. So tonight, no Allison. Tonight you're moving on." 

At the mention of Allison, Scott felt his phone vibrate and took it out to see that Allison was trying to call him. He wanted to pick it up but he found himself just dropping the phone back into his pocket. With both Ms. Blake and his mother telling him that they were worried about him slipping back into his old habits, he had said that it would be different. Before, whenever Allison had come into the picture, he had dropped whatever he was doing to go straight to her. If he did it again, he might not stop and really would just end up right where he was before. "You're right," he said to his best friend.

"That's right I'm right," Stiles said happily. Scott nodded and took a deep breath. "Moving on." "Onward and Upward," Stiles said resolutely. Scott nodded. "Let's do this." Stiles was pumped now. "That's what I'm talking about. Now look at me."

 The two of them did their new patented shake that they came up with this summer while Luna laughed. The three then headed for the house. They were cool and calm until Scott's face fell a bit.

"How's my breath smell?" he asked Stiles and Sabrina nervously.

"I'm not smelling your breath," Stiles said easing a bit away from him. "Do you two have any gum?" Sabrina shook her head. "No." "No gum. Scott, you're fine." Stiles assured him. 

"Can you at least tell me what kind of party this is."

++++++

They went inside to see other high schoolers shouting, laughing, dancing and enjoying drinks.

"Looks like a typical high school party," Sabrina said as she observed the crowd.

"Stiles!" a girl cried out as she went over to him. "Hi!"

"Hey!" he said back happily. "There's the birthday girl," Stiles said as they hugged. Sabrina suddenly felt a bad vibe coming off Stiles' childhood friend. "Loose the claws," Scott whispered to Sabrina as she looked down and shook them away.

"So glad you could make it," said Heather not losing a beat.

"Yeah, me too," said Stiles. "Scott. Sabrina. This is Heather. Heather, this is Scott my best friend and this girl right here," Stiles moved over to Sabrina and placed his arm around her waist. "Is my girlfriend, Sabrina." 

Sabrina looked up at Heather who was giving her a fake smile. "So nice to meet you, Sabrina." "Nice to meet you as well," Sabrina then turned to Stiles. "Hey babe, I'm going to get us some drinks." "Okay, babe." Stiles said giving her a short kiss before she walked away.

Sabrina reached the table that was piled up with drinks and poured herself two cups of alcohol. She quickly gulped the two cups down. 

"Whoa, easy there girl." 

Sabrina turned around to see a friend of Heather's.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't realize that I was drinking that fast." 

"It's okay sweetie. I'm Danielle. So do you know Heather?"

"No, I don't," Sabrina said before looking over at Stiles. "My boyfriend bought me here because he and her were childhood friends." "Who's your boyfriend?" "Stiles." "Wait, Stiles? As in Stiles Stilinski?" "Yes, why?" 

"Look, you seem like a really nice girl and I don't know how much you and Stiles love each other but Heather just took him down to the wine cellar because she wants to loose her virginity with him." 

The cup in Sabrina's hand broke as Danielle's eyes widen as she quickly grabbed up some napkins and handed them over to her. Sabrina thanked Danielle as she wiped the alcohol off herself. "Where's the wine cellar?"

"Down the hallway and down those steps." 

"Thank you," she mumbled as she pushed her way through the crowd. She finally spotted the steps leading down to the cellar. She walked down the steps and paused by the doorway as she eavesdropped into Stiles and Heather's conversation. 

"Stiles. I just turned 17 today." Heather said. 

"Mmm." Stiles said. "And you know what I want for my birthday?"  "A bike?" "To not be a 17-year old virgin."  Sabrina heard a soft thud and peaked into the room as she saw Heather had taken off her shoes. She watched as Heather leaned in close to Stiles for a kiss.

Sabrina's heart started beating faster, in fear that Stiles would let Heather kiss her but to her relief, Stiles did the opposite. He lightly pushed Heather away from himself. "Heather, I can't take your virginity," he started. "I only like you as a friend. Look, I have a girlfriend that I love upstairs, waiting for me. So I'm just going to go back upstairs and be with her right now." 

Sabrina quickly ran up the steps and leaned against a wall and pretended to look bored. Out of the corner of her eye, she spotted Stiles coming up the steps. He made his way over to her and pressed her up the wall. "Where were-"

Stiles cut her off by kissing her. Sabrina kissed back and wrapped her arms around his neck as Stiles ran his hands through her hair. Sabrina heard someone huff angrily as the two pulled away and glanced over at Heather who walked back down the steps of the cellar and slammed the door shut.

"What was that all about?" Sabrina asked, pretending to be confused.

"I knew you were spying on us," Stiles said as Sabrina groaned. "How?" "Your perfume," he said as Sabrina took her arms off Stiles and placed her hands to her face. Stiles chuckled lightly and moved Sabrina's hands off her face. 

"Listen babe," Stiles said as Sabrina looked up at him. "I swear, I didn't know she wanted to-" But Sabrina cut him off. "I know. I'm really glad you told her off. By the way, I thought that was really hot." Stiles' eyes widened. "Oh really?" he asked as he leaned his hand on the wall above her head and wrapped one arm around her waist. 

"Really." she whispered. 

"So when are we going to uh you know?" Stiles asked. 

"Hmm. I don't know. But I know I want to loose it with you. Not because I have to for high school but because I love you." 

Stiles smiled at Sabrina's words. "I love you too." 

Sabrina smiled as Stiles leaned down to kissed her again but the two were once again interrupted by Scott saying that Allison and Lydia needed to talk to them.

++++++

Scott called Derek to meet him, Stiles and Sabrina at the school claiming that they might have something that could help them find Erica and Boyd. He came but was surprised to find the three of them waiting with Allison and Lydia as well. They were showing him the mark that was bruised onto their arms and Derek was regarding it with mild interest. Scott, Stiles and Sabrina didn't know what it was so they were hoping Derek might.  

"I don't see anything," Derek flat out told Allison and Lydia.

"Look again," Scott urged him.

"How is a bruise going to tell me where Boyd and Erica are?" Derek asked aloud as he went to glare at Allison who was glaring back. "It's the same on both sides," Scott said in their defense. "Exactly the same." "It's nothing," Derek shot back.

Allison just kept up her glare while Lydia smiled at him.

"Pareidolia," she said. "Seeing patterns that aren't there." But Derek and Scott were looking lost as Stiles and Sabrina just nodded from where they sat. "It's a subset of Apophenia," she further explained but the two of them were still lost.

Scott just shook it off. "They're trying to help," Scott said to him.

Derek snorted. "These two?" He then pointed to Lydia. "This one who used me to resurrect my psychotic uncle. Thank you," he finished with a nod before pointing to Allison. "And this one, who shot about thirty arrows into me and my pack."

Stiles then raised his hand. "Okay, all right, now, come on. No one died, all right?" he said as everyone looked at him. "Look, they may have been a little maiming, okay, a little mangling, but no death. That's what I call an important distinction." 

"My mother died," Allison shot back.

"Your family's little honor code killed your mother. Not me," Derek said lowly to her. "That girl was looking for Scott. I'm here to help him, not you." "You want to help? Find me something real." Derek started to leave but Scott went and stopped him. "Give her a chance. Okay, they're on our side, now."

"Well then maybe you should tell her what her mother was actually trying to do that night," he said back to him before he went off and slammed the door open as he walked through it.

++++++

Stiles and Sabrina walked hand-in-hand across the school's quad along with Scott. 

"Okay, what would a pack of Alphas want with Erica and Boyd?" Stiles asked. 

Scott shook his head. "I'm not sure it's them they want." "Okay, what, like Derek? Like, they're recruiting?" "Maybe they are," Sabrina said.

But Scott and Sabrina froze when they seemed to sense something. They looked off and their eyes fell on the backs of two guys, twins, walking off from the other side of the quad. Stiles stopped walking when he felt Sabrina stop since they were holding hands. He turned back. "Hey, Scott. Sabrina," 

The two turned to look at Stiles. "You two coming?" 

Sabrina nodded as she let Stiles lead her to their Economics class as Scott followed after them.

++++++

Over in Economics, Coach Finstock went and slammed the textbook down on the desk to draw everyone's attention.

"The stock market is based on two principles. What are they?" he asked the class. Scott raised his hand. Coach held his hands out to him. "Yes McCall, you can go to the bathroom," he said dismissively. "Anybody else?"

Scott lowered his hand. "No Coach, I know the answer."

That made the Coach burst out in laughter. He stopped when he noticed the look in Scott's face. "Oh, you're serious." "Yes. Risk and reward," Scott answered drawing most of the class to look at him.

And Coach's eyes nearly popped out of their sockets. "Wow! Who are you? And what have you done to McCall? Don't answer that. I like you better. I like you better." He then looked out to the rest of the class. "Does anybody have a quarter?"

"A quarter. Yep," Stiles said as he dived into his pocket.

He then pulled out a quarter but also made the condom that he had in his pocket that landed a few feet from Coach's feet.

Coach moved and picked it up. "Stilinski...I think you...You dropped this," he said as he handed it to him and got the quarter from him. "And congratulations," he whispered audibly to him. He then looked over at Sabrina. "You too Baby McCall," he pointed at her making a few in the class laugh.

Scott smiled at him and then his smile fell until he realized who he was going to use the condom with. Scott eyes squinted in disgust. Stiles shrugged his shoulders while Sabrina placed her hand on her face and slid down in her seat. Stiles quickly took the condom and put it back into his pocket. This moment was definitely awkward for the trio. 

Coach then made it to the front of his desk. "Risk and reward. Put the quarter in the mug, win the reward." He then took a mug from his desk and put it on the floor. "Okay, watch Coach." He moved a bit away and then flicked the quarter off as it bounced on the floor and then flew right into the mug drawing in applause. "Huh? Huh? That's how you do it." He then took the quarter back. "Okay. Danny. Risk, reward?"

"What's the reward?" Danny asked. "You don't have to take the pop quiz tomorrow." Danny straightened up. "Coach, it's not a pop quiz if you tell us about it."

"Danny, you I really expect more from you at this point. Really." He then went over to Scott. "McCall. Risk, reward? The risk, if you don't put that quarter in the mug, you have to take the pop...The quiz," he quickly corrected himself. "And you have to write an essay. Risk, more work. Reward, no work at all. Or choose not to play."

Scott looked over at the quarter. "But, isn't this just chance?"

"No," Coach shook his head. "You know your abilities, your coordination, your focus, past experience. All factors affecting the outcome. So what's it going to be McCall? More work, no work or choose not to play?"

Scott regarded the coin as he thought on Coach's words and how they had more meaning than even he seemed to realize. Scott went and put the quarter down.

"No play," Coach said as he snatched it up. "Okay. Who next? Who wants the quarter" Stiles slammed his hands on his desk. "There you go! There's a gambling man! Come on! Step up, step up. All right, Stilinski."

Stiles went and focused his gaze on the cup and readied for his toss.

"Stiles," Coach said to him as the door opened. "Yeah, I got it Coach," he said keeping his eye on the cup. "Stiles." That one wasn't Coach. It was his dad. And he was with another deputy. "I need to talk to you."

Stiles stiffened. He knew that didn't sound good. But why did his dad wanted to talk to him? Stiles handed the quarter back Coach as he left the room with his dad and with the deputy.

Sabrina eavesdropped on the conversation that Stiles was now having with his dad.   

"Has no one really seen her since last night?" 

"No. We put out an APB, but...Stiles," the Sheriff paused. "All her friends say that you and Sabrina were the last person who saw her." 

Sabrina's eyes widened as she sat back in her seat. She could feel Scott's eyes on her and she knew he was eavesdropping into their conversation as well.

"Sabrina and I?" 

"We hope that it's just a series of bad decisions based on too much to drink. But if you remember anything else, you call me. All right?" 

Sabrina was snapped out of it when she heard the jingle of the coin as it fell into the mug. 

"Yes!" Danny cried out in victory.

"Reward!" Coach said to him. "Okay, who's next? Greenburg, put your hand down. You don't have a chance." Coach then looked over at Sabrina. "Baby McCall! Risk, reward?" She stood up, making Coach cheer for her. "We got ourselves a gambling woman!" 

Sabrina went and focused her gaze on the cup. She then tossed the quarter. She watched it as it flew through the air and landed into the mug. Coach clapped loudly. "Reward! Alright, way a go Baby McCall!" he held his hand up and the two high-fived each other.

Sabrina sat back down behind Scott. He leaned back in his seat. "You cheated," he whispered. Sabrina smirked and leaned forward. "You cheat at lacrosse." "Well played," he whispered as they bumped their fists together.

++++++

Class had ended and Scott and Sabrina met up with Stiles in the hallway as he spilled everything to them and even explained a theory he had. 

"So you think they kidnapped Heather to turn her?" asked Scott.

"Derek says it's easier to turn teenagers," Stiles said frantically.

"But I didn't get turned when I was a teenager," Sabrina pointed out. "I was 10." "Yeah but was it easy to turn?" Stiles asked. 

"Actually, no," she said making Scott and Stiles stop in their tracks. They had never heard Sabrina talk about the night she was bit. "It wasn't. I had a lot of trouble turning and I almost died." "Sabrina-" 

"Moving on," she sang as she cut Stiles off. "But what would a pack of Alphas need with a Beta?" she asked. 

"Scott, Sabrina, I don't know. I don't care. All right? This girl...our moms were best friends before mine died, all right? We used to take freaking bubble baths together when we were three. I gotta find her" He had been talking faster and faster as he waved his hand frantically around.

"Hey," Sabrina said grabbing Stiles hand to try and calm him. Stiles' pulse was racing faster than usual. "We'll find her. Okay?" Stiles closed his eyes and started to calm down. "Okay," he said when he was settled down.

"Okay," Sabrina nodded.

"What do we need to do?"

"We need Isaac to remember," said Scott. ""How? Peter and Derek couldn't do it." 

Scott's jaw tightened a bit as he stopped walking. "Maybe not a werewolf...but someone who knows a lot about them."

++++++

After school, Scott, Stiles and Sabrina found themselves in the Animal Clinic where Deaton had a tub of water ready and Scott, Stiles, Sabrina and Derek were filling it with ice. Isaac was off to the side with Deaton eyeing it a bit freaked out.

"Obviously, it's not going to be particularly...comfortable," Deaton said to him. "But, if we can slow your heart rate down enough, you'll slip into a trance like state."

"Like, being hypnotized?" Isaac asked him. Deaton nodded. "Exactly. You'll be half-transformed. It'll allow us to access your subconscious mind." Isaac got down and eyed the ice tub that he was to be dipped in.

"How slow does his heart rate need to be?" asked Scott. "Very slow," he answered. "Well how slow is very slow?" asked Derek. "Nearly dead," Deaton shrugged.

That got the two of them to eye him widely. Stiles let a tense breath out as he looked over and noticed something. Isaac dipped his hand onto the water but pulled back at how cold it was. "It's safe though, right?" he asked nervously.

Deaton looked down on him. "Do you want me to answer honestly?" Isaac looked away and shook his head. "No. No, not really."

There was a snap that drew them all to see Stiles had snapped on one of the long sleeve operating gloves.

"What?" he asked as he noticed the looks. Derek just glared at him and Stiles let out a frustrated puff of air as he went and snapped it off and then moved over to the tub and rolled up his sleeves.

"Look," Sabrina said making Isaac look at her. "If it feels too risky, you don't have to do this." Isaac responded by pulling off his shirt and shoes as he eyed the tub. He took a breath and then started to step into it and quickly sat down. The cold water started to make him breathe a little harder as Derek and Scott grabbed his shoulders and then pushed him under.

++++++

Isaac burst through the surface of the water and he was half-shifted.  

"Get him back under," Deaton told the others.

Isaac moved to try to get out and all four of them moved to keep him under. Scott, Sabrina and Derek grabbed at Isaac's arms and chest while Stiles grabbed at his legs and they tried hard to keep him in the water. He pushed and struggled against their grip and started to splash water everywhere.

"Hold him," Deaton told them. "We're trying!" Derek shouted out at him. "It's not easy as it looks!" Sabrina yelled out.

They kept pushing at him to stay under until Isaac finally just stopped. He then started to just lay in the water and then they let him go. Isaac gently floated with his face breaking the surface.

"Now remember, only I talk to him. Too many voices will confuse him and draw him out." The four of them each nodded to show that they understood. Deaton then leaned in closer to Isaac. "Isaac," he started calmly. "Can you hear me?"

"Yes," he spoke out. "I can hear you." "This is Dr. Deaton. I'd like to ask you about the night you found Erica and Boyd. I want you to remember it for me in as vivid detail as possible, like you're actually there again." His voice sounded hypnotic. His eyes were unflinchingly focused on Isaac's face as he spoke.

Isaac started to turn a bit. "I don't want to do that." At that, the lights around the room started to flicker. "I don't want to do that!" Isaac said a little louder and rougher. He started to thrash a bit again and the others moved to try and keep him under.

"Isaac, it's all right," Deaton said to him as the lights flickered again. "Just relax. They're just memories. You can't be hurt by a memory." Scott, Stiles, Sabrina and Derek became freaked out by the lights doing that as he was but Deaton was completely calm. It was like this didn't surprise him the slightest bit. "I don't want to do that," Isaac begged. 

"Relax. Relax," Deaton said calmly to him and Isaac started to calmly breathe again and the lights stopped their flicker. "Good. Now let's go back to that night. To the place where you found Erica and Boyd. Can you tell me what you see? Is there some kind of building? A house?"

"Isaac shook his head. "It's not a house. It's stone. I think marble." Derek looked up at that. Marble? Sounds like something built to try and hold something, which could be used to hold his betas. "Like an abandoned building?" Deaton asked him. But then Isaac twitched and the lights began to flicker again. "Isaac? Isaac?!" Deaton asked again a little more forcefully.

"Someone's here," Isaac gasped before he grabbed Sabrina's wrist. "Someone's here." "Isaac, relax." But Isaac only got more agitated. "No, they see me, they see me!" Isaac started to thrash more and they held him down even harder.

"Just memories," Deaton said calmly as he looked at the lights nonchalantly before looking back down at the boy. "You won't be hurt by your memories. Just, relax. Relax," he said going back to that hypnotic tone. Isaac started to calm down again and the flicker started to settle too. "Good. Now tell us what you see. Tell us everything."

Isaac started to see himself a bit more clearly. Him, when he found Erica and Boyd. He then started hearing Boyd's voice saying that they couldn't control it.

Isaac opened his eyes but didn't seem to be looking at them. "I hear him. He's talking about the full moon, about being out of control when the moon rises." "Is he talking to Erica?" Deaton asked him. "I think so, I can't...I can't see her. I can't see either of them."

"Can you hear anything else?" "They're worried, worried about what they'll do during the moon. They're worried that they're gonna hurt each other." Derek started to shake his head. "If they're locked in together on the full moon, they're gonna tear each other apart."

"Isaac," Deaton said at him. "We need you to find them right now. Can you see them?" "No," he said. "Do you know what kind of room it is? Is there any kind of marker? A number on a door? A sign?"

Isaac was staring straight at the light overhead that started to flicker a bit during his questions before he gasped and lifted himself up. Derek quickly moved to grab him but Isaac didn't try to get out. He merely sat up. "They're here. They're here," he started repeating.

"It's alright," Deaton said but Isaac kept repeating it and the lights flickered hard again.But Deaton didn't stop. "Just tell us-" "They see me!" Isaac cut in. "They found me! They're here!"

"This isn't working!" Derek spat out. "Isaac where are you!" he yelled at him. "I can't see them! It's too dark!" The lights all went out. "You're going to confuse him!" Deaton said to Derek. But he didn't stop. "Isaac, where are you!"

Isaac started to see more images and they only disturbed him as Derek kept shouting the same question at him over and over again. "His heart rate! He's could go into shock," Deaton told them.

Sabrina was starting to panic. "Derek, let him go!" she yelled at him. But he kept it up. "ISAAC, WHERE ARE YOU? WHAT DID YOU SEE?" Derek shouted at him.

"A vault! It's a bank vault! I saw it! I saw the name!" He then got out of the tub and Sabrina wrapped a towel around him.

"It's, uh, Beacon Hills First National Bank. It's an abandoned bank, and they're keeping them locked inside a vault." They now knew where but they were all staring at Isaac tensely. Isaac noticed the others looking at him. "What?"

"You don't remember what you said right before you came out of it, do you?" Isaac shook his head. "No." Stiles kept his eye on him. "You said when they captured you that they dragged you into a room and that there was a body in it." "What body?" he asked.

"Erica. You said it was Erica."

At that, Scott looked down at his feet while Derek eyed Isaac blankly. Isaac just pulled the towel around him tighter they all hoped that Isaac had only seen Erica knocked out and not dead. Sabrina rubbed Isaac's back, attempting to comfort him. 

Soon the lights came on and Sabrina helped Isaac dry up. Derek was pacing as they started to talk about what they just learned.

"She's not dead!" Derek said in denial. "Derek," Stiles said pointing to Isaac who was sitting behind him. "He said, there's a dead body. It's Erica. Doesn't exactly leave us much room for interpretation." "Then who was in the vault with Boyd?" Derek asked him harshly.

"Someone else obviously," Stiles said back unaffected by Derek's glare. "Maybe it was the girl on the motorcycle?" Scott put out there as he turned to Isaac. "The one who saved you?" "No," Isaac said to him. "She wasn't like us. And whoever was in the vault with Boyd was."

"What if that's how Erica died? They put them together against each other during the full moons and see which one survives. It's like werewolf thunderdome." Stiles said.

"Then we get them out tonight," Derek spat.

"Be smart about this Derek," Deaton said in a low voice. He was bent over the wastebasket as he was moving to empty some of the mess made from Isaac's episode. "You can't just go storming in."

"If Isaac got in then so could we," he pointed out. "But he didn't get through a vault door, did he?' Deaton himself pointed out. "We need a plan," said Scott. Derek rounded on him. "How are we gonna come up with a plan to break into a vault in less than twenty-four hours?"

"Uh, I think someone already did," said Stiles as he was looking at his phone before he began reading the news page he found. "Beacon Hills First National closes its doors three months ago after vault robbery. Doesn't say here how it was robbed, but it probably won't take long to find out."  

"How long?" Derek asked him.

Stiles snorted. "It's the internet Derek. Okay, minutes."  

++++++

Stiles, Sabrina and Scott had gone back to Stiles' room to look up the bank and the robbery to learn how to get into the vault but it had taken a lot longer than they first thought. The one concrete thing they found was that the bank's logo matched the symbol of the bruises that were on Allison and Lydia's arms. They were working so long that they passed out where they had been working. The previous night's activity had left them feeling quite drained. Stiles' father walked in and saw the sight of the three of them completely passed out in the middle of a sea of papers and files. It seemed that the printer was still running on them.  

"Guys. Time to wake up." But Scott, Stiles and Sabrina were still out like logs. "Guys!" he shouted at them. That made the three of them jump up and look bleary eyed at him. "I got to get to work. You three, get to school."

"Dad!" Stiles shouted to stop him. "Heather?" His dad gave him a pained look. "No, nothing yet." He then left them. Stiles took a paper stuck to his hand and then went and angrily ripped it in two and threw it aside. "Ten hours of nothing," he spat out.

"We're going to find something," Scott said calmly to him.

But Stiles just narrowed his eyes at him. "Finding something doesn't make Erica any less dead or Boyd any less about to be dead." " We still have time," he said reassuringly. "I agree," said Sabrina.

Stiles huffed. "Is this whole remain optimistic in the face of complete and utter disaster thing part of the better Scott and Sabrina McCall program?" Scott and Sabrina grinned a bit. "Not if it doesn't work."Stiles found some of weight lift off of him and he sighed. "No...it works." He gave the two a grateful smile before he went and dropped the stack of papers he was holding. He quickly caught one of them and froze as he examined it. He then tossed it over at the twins. "Dad!" he yelled as he ran to catch him.

Scott and Sabrina took a look and saw that it was a news clipping with a picture of the Sheriff arresting one of the robbers of the bank heist at First National.

++++++

Stiles went and spread out floor schematics and blueprints of First National onto the desk in front of all of them so that they could begin to go over the plan.

"Okay," Stiles started as he pointed over at the schematic. "You see this? This is how they got in. It's a rooftop air conditioning vent. Leads down inside into the wall of the vault, which is here," he said before circling it. "One of the robbers was lowered into this shaft. Now, that space is so small, it took him twelve hours to drill into that wall, which is stone, by the way. Then throughout the rest of the night, they siphoned the cash up to the guys back on the roof through that one little shaft on the wall. Boom"

"Can we fit in there?" Scott asked.

"Yes we can, but very, very barely. And they also patched the wall, obviously, so we're gonna need a drill of some kind. I'm thinking of maybe a diamond bit." "Look, forget the drill," Derek cut him off. "Sorry?" "If I go in first, how much space do I have?"

Stiles narrowed his eyes at him. "What do you think you're going to do Derek? You gonna punch through the wall?" "Yes Stiles," Derek breathed out. "I'm gonna punch through the wall."

"Okay, big guy. Let's see it. Let's see that fist. Big, old fist. Make it, come on. Get it out there. Don't be scared. Big, bad wolf." Derek just raised his fist for him but his face clearly said he was getting annoyed. "Yeah, look at that" he nodded at that fist. He then held up his hand a bit from him. "Okay, see this? That's maybe three inches of room to gather enough force to punch through solid-"

But Derek moved to punch at Stiles' hand and that made him move back and nearly lose his balance. "He could do it," Stiles said shaking his hand. Now that that was done, Derek then leaned over the schematics. "I'll get through the wall. Who's following me down?"

Peter was sitting off to the side and noticed that Derek was eyeing him. "Don't look at me. I'm not up to fighting speed yet, and honestly, with Isaac out of commission, you're not looking at very good odds for yourself."

"So I'm just supposed to let them die?" Derek spat at him. Peter shrugged. "One of them's already dead." "We don't know that," Derek said to him stiffly.

"Do I have to remind you what we're up against here? A pack of Alphas. All of them killers. And if that's not enough to scare your testicles back into your stomach, try to remember that two of them combine bodies to form one giant Alpha. I'm sure Erica and Boyd were sweet kids. They're going to be missed."

Derek, Scott, Stiles and Sabrina were glaring hard at him as he finished that statement.

Stiles pointed over at him. "Can someone kill him again, please?" he asked. Sabrina raised her hand. "I will." 

Peter glared at Stiles and Sabrina for that before looking back to his nephew. "Derek, seriously, not worth the risk." They ignored him. "What about you?" Derek asked. Stiles nodded. "Yeah, if you want me to come-"

"Not you." "Scott," Stiles said. "And Sabrina," Derek said. "Got it," Stiles mumbled. Scott nodded. "Wait. I don't know about Erica. But if Boyd's still alive, we have to do something. We have to try." "But?" Derek pressed.

Scott looked over at him. "Who's the other girl? The one locked in there with Boyd."

++++++

Derek, Sabrina and Scott were at the alley behind the bank looking for the way a way to get to the shaft Stiles told him about. As they were looking, Derek noticed that Scott seemed to be looking at him, half-halfheartedly. "What?" Derek asked him. "There's just something I can't get out of my head." 

"The moon's rising, Scott. What is it?" he asked impatiently. Scott just spat it out. "Risk and Reward." "Which means what?" Derek asked shortly. "We're not measuring the risk with enough information. We don't know enough."

"We know time's running out." "Yeah, but think about it. They put the triskele on your door four months ago. What have they been doing all this time? Why wait until now?" "We don't have the time to figure out every little detail." "But what if this detail, the reason why they waited, what if it's the most important one?" 

"Then we do nothing. And Boyd and Erica are dead. I know what I'm risking. My life for theirs." Derek had enough of talking about this. He started to climb the length of the building He got halfway up and looked back down at Scott. "And I won't blame you if you don't follow me." He kept going up. Sabrina immediately moved after him and Scott followed after her. They found the shaft right where Stiles said and dropped down it. Derek moved to start pounding his way through and after about a minute, he managed to break his way through. He moved into the vault with Sabrina and Scott dropping in right behind him.

"Boyd?" Derek quickly called out. At his call, Derek started hearing heavy breathing. "Boyd?" he called again. The breathing turned to growling and Boyd slowly stepped out from behind a column. Derek's eyes narrowed in confusion. "Boyd? It's me. It's Derek." Boyd didn't look happy or relieved to see them. He looked savage.

Scott felt his phone vibrating and quickly picked it up and saw who was calling. "Stiles, now is not the best time." "Everything's going to be okay, Boyd." Sabrina said as Scott continued talking on the phone. Scott hung up and then looked down to see the hole that they had just made start to pour in the light from the full moon which was starting to fill up the vault.

"Derek, Sabrina," Scott said to them. "We got a problem, a really big problem."

But their eyes were drawn to another growl. Someone was stepping in from behind Boyd. Scott guessed that this was the girl that Isaac told them about but he didn't recognize her. Derek and Sabrina, however, their eyes widened at the sight of her.

"Cora?" they lightly called out. "Who?" Scott asked. But Derek just kept his eyes on her. He looked like he had seen a ghost. "Cora?" he called out again. "Derek, Sabrina" she mumbled as she was fidgeting where she stood. "Get out. Get out now!"

Scott moved to try and head back out through the hole but noticed something on the floor. It was a dark line. An ash line and it was surrounding the whole vault. The vault door then opened and Ms. Morrell stepped in. She bent down and completed the ash line.

"No! Wait!" Scott cried as he ran to stop her.

But at him moving for her, Boyd and Cora howled and then started to run at him. Scott, Sabrina and Derek were trying hard to not get overtaken by these two rabid betas. They came at them with no sense of themselves and Derek, Sabrina and Scott tried what they could to keep them away from each other. Scott pulled Cora away from Derek and Sabrina and threw her off to the side and they regrouped over at the wall.

"You two know her?" Scott gasped out.

"She's my sister. My younger sister!" he cried out. Scott narrowed his eyes. He thought that Laura was the only sister Derek had. "What the hell is she doing here?'

"Like we have a clue! We thought she was dead!" Sabrina cried.

Just then, they heard incoming footsteps and saw Allison at the vault's entrance. When the fighting started, instead of listening to Morrell and leaving, she went and followed the noise to see what was going on. She was shocked to see that Scott and Sabrina were there with Derek as they were being pinned down by two other werewolves. One she saw was charging at them.

"Look out!" she warned them.

Derek and Sabrina got out of the way but Scott was grabbed by Boyd and he started to throw him around and slash at him. Cora moved in on Derek and he grabbed at her arms to block her strikes but didn't strike back as he didn't want to hurt his recently rediscovered little sister. 

Scott was then clawed at his stomach and Boyd was raising him up against the wall as Scott started to cough and squeal in pain. At the sight of that, Allison quickly went for the ash line. Derek noticed what she was doing and what she was about to do.

"No!" he cried at her. Sabrina turned around and knew what Allison was about to do. "Don't break the seal!" she ordered. But Allison went and pushed the ash away. "Boyd!" she cried out at him.

At the sound of her voice Boyd let Scott go and ran towards her. Cora stopped fighting with Derek and ran at her too. Allison ducked behind the vault door and Boyd and Cora shot passed her and ran out to try and leave the bank. Derek stomped over and angrily grabbed at Allison.

"Don't touch her!" Scott shouted at him.

But Derek kept his heated gaze on her. "What were you thinking?!" he shouted as he pushed at her. "That I had to do something!" she cried at him. "She saved our lives," Scott said in her defense.

Derek then hounded on him. "Yeah, and what do you think they're gonna to do out there?" Sabrina said. "Do you have any idea what you just set free?!" Derek yelled at Allison. "You want to blame me?!" Allison screeched. "Well, I'm not the one turning teenagers into killers!"

"No, that's just you and the rest of your family," Derek spat at her. Allison just stared blankly at Derek. "I made mistakes," she said calmly. "Gerard is not my fault."

"Oh, and what about your mother?" Derek spat.c"What do you mean?" Derek and Sabrina turned to Scott. "You still haven't told her, Scott?" Sabrina asked. "Tell her Scott," Derek said harshly to him. 

Allison widened her eyes and looked over at Scott too. "What do they mean, Scott?" But Scott just looked away from her which only made her heart start pounding faster. "What do they mean?" she asked again, more tensely.  

 [Edited 2/18/17]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9M 142K 49
[ BOOK ONE ] ❝ there are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared; twins. ❞ Kasey McCall is the twin sister of Scott McCall... while...
276 22 7
Carmen McCall had never taken interest in whatever idiotic shenanigans her adoptive brother and his best friend got pulled into, until she notices th...
69.2K 1.3K 23
Carson and Carter and Cassity are the new sisters in Beacon Hills. All three of them have magic but Carson and Carter are also half werewolf. They mo...
2.4M 49.3K 64
Tessa McCall is bestfriends with brother Scott McCall and Stiles Stilinski. One night, the three of them go looking for a body. Well, their lives cha...