Down for Whateva

Von AuthorNekaRanae

When southern sweet tea mixes with northern Hennessy, straight. ... Mehr

Prologue
|1|
|2|
|3|
|4|
|5|
|6|
|7|
|8|
|9|
|10|
[12]
[13]
[14]
[15]
[16]
[17]
[18]
[19]
[20]
[21]
[22]
[23]
[24]
[25]
[26]
[27]
[28]
[28] Part 2
[29]
[30]
[31]
[32]
[33]
[34]
[35]

|11|

1.1K 66 9
Von AuthorNekaRanae

Glancing at his Rolex, 9:01. He'd given her the benefit of doubt, hoping that she'd actually listen and respect his time. He took her for an punctual person. Someone who was good at following directions. 9:02, he bit his bottom lip in frustration, thinking his second thoughts were right, Ryan was into playing games. Games that he didn't plan to participate in.

"Sir will you be loading?" The old Caucasian concierge asked with curios eyes.

Without answering her he looked inside the boat making sure he didn't miss her. "Nah" he shook his head sucking on his teeth. "Fuck" he cursed aloud because this was the second time she'd played him and he didn't give second chances to many people. Reaching in the pocket of his grey slacks he grabbed his phone and unlocked it. She was about to get a piece of his mind, which he usually doesn't bother to do. 'It is what it is' was the routine motto.

"Welcome, mam are you loading?" the pleasant lady voiced again causing him to look up. Mug still slightly on his face. Then it dropped, because there she was.

Ryan looked nervous as she stared at him staring at her. A soft smiled rose onto his lips, "Wow" was all he could say.

Ryan's eyebrows raised, "Are we loading?"

Reaching out his hand for her to grab, she hesitated but grabbed it. Once their skin touched, it sent a chill up both arms. He stared at her as they walked, making her feel even more uncomfortable.

"Can I get the last name please?" The hostess asked politely.

"Gibson" Kadeem spoke smoothly and short as he continued scanning his eyes over all of Ryan's glory. It wanted to kick himself for how quickly he doubted her.

"Right this way"

Ryan looked ahead, he could feel the tug of her hand meaning she wanted to let go.

"You look ...man...so beautiful" he gripped her hand tighter.

"Thanks" shyly she smiled, glanced at him then looked around. The red handkerchief hanging out of his suit pocket was the perfect accent to her dress. She still couldn't believe she wore red at his request, but it was also her favorite color.

"Here's your table, enjoy" the hostess walks away.

Kadeem pulled out her chair letting her sit first, took off his jacket, loosened his top button of his shirt and sat down.

"This is really nice" Ryan looked out towards the water. Her smooth chocolate skin was kissed by the sun. Kadeem wanted to reach out and glide his hands across it, "Is this a popular place?" She avoided his eye contact.

"Am I making you nervous?"

Their eyes finally fell onto each other, Ryan swallowed hard. "I'm just a nervous person in general.", she admitted and he appreciated her honesty.

"Why?" Licking his lips he nodded towards the waiter that brought them over glasses of water.

"Just how I am, everyone can't be bold like you."

"Confident" he corrected.

"Yeah I guess" she took a sip of water, her eyes couldn't stay on him long.

"If you're looking to see if your friend, she  just got seated right over there." Almost choking on her water, she coughed then shifted her eyes to behind his head, there was Antoinette sipping from her glass and talking to a stranger at the table next to her as if she was on a casual outing alone.

"How did you-?"

"I would've looked at you sideways if you came alone, you're a smart woman," He picked up his glass to wet his throat. "Plus, I rememba' her from the club." he added.

Ryan didn't reply, she looked back out towards the water.

"What's on yo mind?"

Looking back at him, "Sorry" she shook her head chuckling. "I just don't know what to say to you. You're kind of intimidating"

"Me intimidating?" he shook his head. "I'm sorry if I come off as...too much"

"It's okay. You just have a bit of a staring problem." she blurted.

He laughs, "Noted, I'll try to work on that."

"And a stalking issue. It's less creepy to ask me things first." Folding her hands together she placed them on the table in front of her, attempting to come across as more comfortable. 

"You're a nice looking woman," Reaching over he unfolded her hands and placed his inside. "Excuse me for being impatient in wanting to know about you."  Softly he squeezed her hands in between his before flipping one over and bringing it towards his lips to kiss. He took notice of the chill bumps that traveled up her arm. "To be honest, I don't know how to take no for an answer." 

It was her smooth slicked back pony with no hair out of place for him, it turned him on in the oddest way. Exposing more of her face with brought forth more of her features which he focused on heavily and couldn't get enough of how beautiful she was. He'd been around plenty attractive women, but Ryan was easily the most beautiful, intriguing woman he'd ever met. 

"But If you want me to stop trying I will. Afta' tonight I can get gone, leave you be. If that's what's you want."

Ryan's mouth hung partially open, she was beginning to speak.

"You-um" her words getting twisted, "You from around here?" She sips her water again, almost finishing the glass.

Kadeem laughs and let her hands go. "I'm from the Browns," she's looking directly at his lips, "Brooklyn."

"Cool, and what do you do for a living?"

Now it was his turn to look away, trying to think of the terms to use. "I own a few businesses."

"Interesting, what kind?" He had her full attention.

"Eh", he thinks again, "A global delivering service that covers many boroughs. I'm a all over kind of guy."

Ryan nods, confused but still nodding.

"Any kids?" She continued.

"Nah" she smirks as if he's lying. "I'm deadass. I don't have no seeds out here yet"

Ryan laughs.

"And you?" he ask.

"Not yet." 

Kadeem nods, "I can help you out with that you know?"  his eyes become low as he stared rubbing his thumb across his bottom lip. Ryan is all out of water. Kadeem smiled at how quickly she shifted in her seat. "I'm playing."

"Anyways, I should've asked this first, but what is your name?"

His smile became bigger, showing his perfect set of teeth "Kadeem, Kadeem Gibson."

"Kadeem," she repeated to make a mental note to remember, there'd been plenty of times Ryan had been on a first date and called they guy by someone else name. Her memory and names just didn't mesh well. "And what made you want to take me out on a date Mr. Gibson?" 

"In hopes that you'll give me a chance to give you the life that you deserve."  Ryan blushed involuntarily, her skin felt warm as she bit the inside of her cheek. Unable to respond, something about him screamed run and another part vouched for her to stay and enjoy the ride. The boat began moving, this was it unless she wanted to swim her way back home she was stuck for a couple hours with Kadeem. 

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

15.6K 645 16
"π’šπ’π’– π’ˆπ’π’• π’Žπ’š 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕.. π’•π’‰π’Šπ’” 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 π’Žπ’š π’˜π’‚π’š 𝒐𝒇 π’‡π’Šπ’π’‚π’π’Šπ’›π’Šπ’π’ˆ π’Šπ’•."
25.4K 1.8K 40
Based on a true story. Aisha celebrates her 18th birthday and has only one thing on her mind. READ BOOK 1 IN THE AISHA SERIES: "AISHA GOT IT" WARNING...
544K 27.6K 35
❝𝖠𝗇 π–Ίπ–Όπ—π—‚π—ˆπ—‡ 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 π—‹π–Ύπ–½π–Ύπ–Ώπ—‚π—‡π–Ύπ—Œ 𝗍𝗁𝖾 π–Ώπ—Žπ—π—Žπ—‹π–Ύβž Β©π–πŽπ‘πƒπ’ππ˜πŠπ€π˜ 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎 𝗆𝗒 π—π—ˆπ—‹π—„ # 𝟣 𝖠𝖿𝗍𝖾𝗋...
9K 500 28
Like Comment Thank y'all Dave east is a certified hood dude from Spanish Harlem, Nia is a successful lawyer who came from nothing. They both gre...