Glass Magic REWRITTEN

By lonewolfpuppylol

Glass magic, the weakest of magic, the most fragile, the least effective. Those with it always end up with ai... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Yes I cut it off at 40ish Chapters

Chapter 5

227 20 2
By lonewolfpuppylol

Incoming, Vixen, I repeat, incoming, Vixen! Here be the beast enjoy her while you can.

         Groaning as I rolled onto my side I ignored the crunching of glass as I tried to snuggle back into the divine being called sleep. not needing to be awake yet. Wait. Crunching of glass? My eyes snapped open as I looked around my once clean room to find it covered in glass, shattered and shaped, smooth and sharp, colorful and clear. Glass of all sorts lying around my room, some even hanging from my ceiling. I mean. I had a chandelier. Scratching my head as it looked vaguely familiar.

           I may have seen that in my dream. I can't really remember what it was about...

        I mean, Miss H did say having a burst in your sleep was a normal thing so... Whatever, I'm going back to sleep, I'll deal with this later; when I'm not hurting so much. Grunting I fell back onto my pillow and went to close my eyes only to scream as something moved. Flying off my bed I miraculously fell into a glass chair- wait, that wasn't there a second ago.

        Shrieking again as I bolted away from it and was quickly tripping over some huge fish. Stumbling before I barely managed to catch myself on some peg. That wasn't there before. Releasing it I quickly scrambled away breathing heavily as I tried to figure out what was happening. Magic. My magic. I'm freaking out over my own magic- then the blanket moved again. And whatever that is.

              With my back firmly pressed against the door, I was reminded why I had started my fit to begin with. Something had moved under my blankets. Okay, yeah, no, I'm going to just-

           Plucking my uniform off my desk, which wasn't far from me, I quickly changed, while staring in the direction of the moving blanket. Only to lurch away from my bed fumbling for the doorknob. Once I had found it, with a glance, I threw open my door when it struck me.

        My necklaces... Looking at the many crystals hanging from my headboard I nearly died of shock. Do I need it? Yes, very much so. But do I really? Yes. Really really? Unfortunately.

        Well, gods, I might as well die today. Moving around the stuff I apparently created I slowly reached over the still moving blanket and carefully raised the necklace before just as slowly pulling it away. Letting out a breath of relief as I pulled it on I turned to leave, only to fall right on the bed, the blanket being forced off and the thing moving beneath it free.

           Oh my stars... Did I make that?

           "Miss Windsor! Please slow down!" Miss H, the only other glass mage in hundreds of miles, shouted as I dragged her to my room, having no idea who else to grab. I mean, she was part of the council wasn't she? And she has glass magic so she's got to know what to do. She had given me so many lectures in the last week about magic this magic that. She had to know.

          I've been waiting all day to show her this and I was not going to slow down when I didn't know what to do with it. Not to mention how hard it was to find her, I honestly didn't think an elite would be that hard to find. Like dang.

       Opening my door hastily I all but shoved her in and closed it behind me. She soon gapped at the room full of all kinds of glass figures and the like. Which I hadn't really thought to be that big of a thing, I mean, it was a burst. Whatever. Less chaotic than the one that almost left her impaled.

        "So I kinda woke up to this..." I waved off, it not being the reason I brought her here.

           "Stars all mighty... This... This is unlike anything I've ever seen..." That's exactly what I didn't want to hear but my cue nonetheless.

          "Oh, if you think this is amazing," Grinning sarcastically I tossed my blanket onto my bed and pulled out a suitcase from under the lovely creation I could not live without. Putting it on the bed I opened it and the little beast was in the air a second later happy to be free from my panicked improvising. I mean, it didn't fight back too much.

       "Is that a...?" She gasped as the little thing that landed on the chandelier and started to eat the glass like it was nothing out of the ordinary. The lizard completely ignoring the new person.

      "Dragon? Yes, woke up with the little beast next to me," I shivered at the horrific memory. It makes me worry more than usual about waking up. "Every time I do..." Raising my hand, I made a small ball of glass, it looked down at me before opening its glass wings and landing on my arm; wrapping its tail around my bicep as it started to eat the glass, "That, it comes to me as if I was its mother and nothing to fear,"

         Which is traumatizing in its own right.

         Dragons hated humanoids of all sorts. It was a common fact. You saw one, you ran. Even the young ones would rather eat their own tail than be around a mortal. But this little glass dragon here was more than happy to be around me and every attempt I made to leave my room this morning ended with it shrieking until I came back.

       That was exactly why I put it in my suitcase. It was totally quiet in there.

         "I... I... This is unprecedented! I don't know what to say! I don't know what to do!" She ran her hands through her blonde hair and started to pace, making comments on the other glass laying around before looking at the dragon and starting all over.

           "I, uh, don't mean to upset you further but... It can do this thing..." I trailed as she looked over and I turned my gaze down at it, "Sooo... I'm just gonna show you..." I raised my other hand, scratching the smoothly jagged head of its before carefully getting a hold of its wing. Upon my grabbing it, it popped off without the slightest of resistance and the dragon didn't even stop eating from my hand.

       Completely unbothered by the loss of a limb.

          The wing started to grow murky before cracking and shattering. Looking back at the dragon as the other just popped off only to fall, and shatter the moment it met the ground. She looked ready to burst but I held up a finger, halting her panic, before closing my hand. Hiding the glass it was eating, and jerking my arm up, forcing it into the air.

        It didn't even make a sound as wings appeared and it landed right back where it was to snack on the remaining glass. Just to prove my point further I slide my pinky between where its wing and back were supposed to meet but did not. The wings were floating. Completely unattached but still working as if they were. She didn't know what to say and I didn't know how to feel.

        I made a dragon. In my sleep. AND IT WAS ALIVE! I made a living creature without the help of another! I don't know how to feel about that, I was a mother now, I was not prepared to be a mother to a creature that despised my species.

      So I was heavily relying on the only council member that understood me even in just a small way. Looking up in hopes she'd share some advice I took in her pale form concerned she was gonna do something like faint. Offering my hand when she swayed she just raised both of hers.

      "I- I'm fine,"

      She then passed out.

        "Are you sure you're okay?" I asked for the millionth time while she nodded her head in her hands, probably processing what she just saw. Looking up to make sure she wasn't dreaming for the tenth time she rubbed her face while I slowly started regretting pretending nothing ever happened.

         "I've just never... Never in my life seen someone's magic... Alive," Looking down at the dragon in my arms, that was very alive. I stared at the little thing, still not sure how to feel about it. I created a living thing. I was a mother. And a father? Both? Oh my stars, I was both. I was not ready to be either!

      "Er... What do I do?" I asked still staring at the dragon that was very content to just be held. Do I like... Snuff it out? Would that be considered killing it? I mean it's just glass so...

      "I... Oh, stars, we have to call in a dragon expert," She looked pained to say that. Dragon expert? The things hate us! Who could get close enough to study them? Or rather, who was insane enough to want to? "Stars in the sky, we need a magic expert! She's going to just love holding this above the council... Oh, the council... They're not going to like me bring her in," She continued to ramble as I processed it.

      Dragon expert? Magic expert? Who would bother to study those? Why would someone want to be around a creature that would just love to kill them? And why would someone study magic that's not their own? That'd completely defeat the point, you couldn't use the magic so why study it? It seems like a waste of time and effort.

        Is there a reason Miss H's freaking out so much about one person? Should I be worried...?

        She disappeared. Leaving me alone. To think, and, logically, I started to wander around to avoid doing just that. She, an elite, had panicked, and don't even get me started on the fact that she called a council meeting. I couldn't help but think I did something wrong.

       Was I in trouble? Did I really do something wrong here? I mean, I didn't mean to make the dragon. That's gotta count for something, right?

      As worry began to eat away at me someone quite literally shattered the wall. Like, they were thrown through it and it just broke as if it was not made of brick and wood. You wanna know what they did while I stood horrified?

       She grinned. Effortlessly getting up with a sinister grin she brushed herself off and grabbed the destroyed walls, which was quick to crumble under her touch. Before I knew what was up, she disappeared. Gapping at where she had been I heard distressed calls from outside. So I looked out of the now destroyed wall to find her popping in and out of existence like it was nothing.

          Space magic. A magi beyond any other if she could teleport.

       My already wide eyes just grew bigger as she used more than space magic. All kinds of magic that defied the laws of nature. It was one thing to be a dual wielder or combination mage, like myself, but to use so many different types? Not possible.

          My mind seemed to finally process just who she was fighting in such an animalistic fashion out of human capability. The council. She was fighting the council. She kicked the fire elite off her, easily putting out his fire, her foot holding in the air like a wind mage, before she axe kicked a glaring earth elite. Her torso twisted as he went flying, swatting the water elite's magic with an eye roll and grabbing the mage above her, slamming the wind mage into the water mage by his ankle.

          She was winning.

         How is any of this possible? Having any more than two types of magic would destroy your body. Even two types put a huge strain on one's body. Yet she was perfectly bending nearly every pure magic I've ever seen into a fighting style, not of this world. She was a monster. A grinning monster.

         "What are you-! For the love of- Stop!" I all but yelled not knowing what else to do. She was going to kill them at this rate. And miracles of miracles, she did as asked. Peering over her shoulder curiously I clutched my dragon closer to myself as her mismatched gaze found me.

       My eyes grew wet at the realization I should not have done that. I was going to die. Oh, my stars. I was going to die. I didn't want to die. Not now. Not like this. A calculating haze fell over her gaze as it shifted to my dragon before surprise flashed in her oddly colored eyes.

        Then pure and utter joy blended with fascination and enchantment in the most childish way imaginable. She practically bounced over as I recoiled in fear, the beast I watched practically obliterate the entirety of the council staring at me in innocent joy. I've never seen someone change so drastically in my life let alone so fast. She paused, looking down at herself only to look back up with a calculating glance of glee before she once more disappeared. Not even a second later she had popped back into existence right before my eyes. With a baby dragon.

       Staring at it as it looked around confused I relaxed my grip on my glass dragon, somehow my worry melting away, but the beast in my arms suddenly decided it wasn't just an ornament to be carried brought it back pretty quickly if I was being honest.

       It started to pull and squirm trying to break free of my grip leaving me to desperately hold on to no avail. It got away from me and rushed toward the other dragon. She didn't even restrain hers as it just jumped out of her arms. They started to growl and snarl at each other viciously in less than a second. Making me panic once more. I didn't know why I was panicking but the idea of something happening to the clear creature was enough to hurt my heart.

          Food! It freaking loves food! Pulling my hand up I made a ball of glass hoping to get its attention. It thankfully worked. Ditching the bigger dragon it wrapped its tail around my arm and started to eat while I let out a sigh of relief. I still didn't know what was going to happen to it but until I was told otherwise it was under my protection and I doubt it'd win against a real dragon.

         Looking at where the woman was I stiffened when I didn't see her. She was gone. Looking around panicked, quickly remembering her untamed way of fighting, my entire being screaming that I was going to die. I wanted to run, so so bad, but something stronger was screaming at me to stay still. So I did. My breathing cut immediately as I listened and only listened. My gaze was on the ground as I tried to pinpoint her.

          Her dragon was still staring at mine but it didn't dare move from its spot in the air. Its wings gently beating while it silently waited. Almost like it didn't notice the humans around it, its attention fully on the other dragon, the fake dragon, the glass dragon.

          Breathing. I could hear breathing. Right behind me. Twisting around mortified at the idea I found that she was indeed behind me. Jumping a good few feet away from her I stared wide-eyed and horrified. She stared at me for a moment before taking a step back, confusing me like no other. A wide grin spread over her lips as she made a very strange cooing noise and the dragon that had been hovering immediately went to her purring. Purring! Dragons hate mortals!

        "Why hello little one, I'm going to assume you're the reason I was called to their oh-so-precious camp, you can call me Vixen,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.4K 1.4K 29
Glass magic, the weakest of magic, the most fragile, the least effective... Or, it should be but what about a glass soldier that doesn't break? ...
119 24 24
Living in a world filled with Dragons were miracles beyond belief. Fighting along side them was an honor. Forming bonds that were made possible throu...
205K 11.7K 51
Yet again Darkness is hungry for a war to end it all, but Light will always have troops at the ready. One girl. One kingdom. Eleven friends. Four Ele...
1.3K 177 8
In the realm of Quomared, which occupies the biggest part of the continent, magic is a scarce and precious resource. Fewer and fewer humans are born...