Passing Motions

By xFakingaSmilex

Blake and Ava must fight for the life they want, even if that involves risking it all. Series Order: Baby St... More

PASSING MOTIONS
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
CHAPTER FORTY
CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
OTHER STORIES YOU MIGHT ENJOY

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

5.8K 271 34
By xFakingaSmilex

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

Axel wanders into the study and I plonk onto the desk chair. I take the snacks out of my bag and swirl around. He shakes his head and takes a seat on the floor.

I crack the container open and my stomach rumbles at the delicious aroma of sundried tomatoes and capcicum dip. I scoop a chunk onto the biscuit and moan with delight.

He resumes the music and picks up a collection of grey folders. He flicks through them before placing them into a small cardboard box.

"Do you want some help?"

"No, because you look content eating." He chuckles.

"Mm . . ." My gaze lingers on the dip, then I nod. "Yeah, you're right about that. I was unsure about the dip because it has sundried tomatoes, but damn, it's delicious."

"Just the company is nice, but the dip smells good." He nods.

I back away from Axel and hug the dip to my chest. He bursts into laughter and I grin. The chair rolls towards him and I hold the container out. Axel tries the dip and nods his head with approval.

"Did you make this?"

"Yeah." I nod.

"You need to make me some."

"I suppose I could do that." I chuckle.

Axel places more folders and paperwork into another box, then tapes it closed. He slides the boxes to the side and moves to the overflowing desk.

"Does Grace actually know how messy your place used to be?"

"Um." He frowns.

"Please don't ruin your relationship because you can't put things away."

Axel pouts, but I give him a stern look. His shoulders sag but he nods.

"I will try very hard to make sure that doesn't happen."

"That's good." I nod.

"How's things with Blake?"

"He doesn't leave his crap around the house, so things are good." I grin.

Axel rolls his eyes and sighs.

"What about the baby?"

I slide my hand over my tiny bump and grin.

"She's growing and healthy."

"How about you?"

"I'm growing and healthy."

Axel bursts into laughter and I smile.

"I'm happy to hear that."

I lean against the chair and swirl from side to side.

"I sorted through London and Ivan's clothing, and I forgot how tiny babies are, and now I'm in nesting mode. I love being a mother, but I don't like being pregnant."

"Grace will be like that once we've moved to our new place, or she'll be driving my things to the nearest junkyard."

"She'll be doing one of those things." I pick up an old, ratty notebook and sigh.

Axel tosses a pen and I gasp as it hits my shoulder.

"You'd throw something at a pregnant woman?"

Axel throws another pen and chuckles as it hits my upper thigh. I wrap my arms around my torso and shoot him a glare.

"It's just a pen."

"Wow." I shake my head.

He dumps more things into a box, then plonks on the ground. Our eyes meet and he tugs on a smile. I swirl hair around the tip of my finger and sigh.

"What's on your mind?"

"Shouldn't you be packing?"

"I've been packing all day." He groans.

"Fair enough." I nod.

I rest my head on my shoulder and smile.

"Don't get shy on me now!"

"Well." I stare at the wall behind him. "I can't wait to hold her, see how much she's like Blake, London and I. Sometimes I wonder if she'd be anything like Ivan . . . Also, I'm scared about giving birth. What if something goes terrible?"

Axel tugs on a small smile, and it makes my heart flutter with hope.

"She's going to be perfect, and welp, it's going to hurt, so it's understandable that you'd be worried. I can't imagine popping a baby out of my body." He wrinkles his nose and squirms.

"Please don't remind me about that." I cross my legs and groan.

"You're a strong woman Ava, you can do it."

"I also don't have a choice." I chuckle.

"Whatever happens in the delivery room or life, Blake and your family will be right with you."

"Thank you! Everything has been a blurred, passing motion."

"I think that's what they call life." He winks.

"Don't be mean to me." I glare which makes him laugh.

"The thing with life, being scared about birth, forever wondering if your little girl would be like Ivan is the kind of pain and mystery you'll spend your whole life with. Most importantly, you'll live, and that's the most important aspect."

"You're right." I nod.

"Sometimes that happens." He chuckles. "Not a lot, but sometimes."

"Now that I've finished eating, do you want some help with packing?"

"No, but I was thinking about grabbing some food."

"Yes, please." I smile.

"How are you still hungry after eating all that?"

"Actually, we'd like a vanilla milkshake, or just vanilla anything." I shrug.

"Let's find some vanilla milkshakes, because I can't let anyone believe I'm starving a pregnant woman." He rolls his eyes.

"Mm, you certainly don't want that."

Axel wanders out of the room to collect his wallet, while I place the container in my bag. I bound towards the front door and smile as he wanders towards me.

"Come on, jellybean." He laughs.

* * * * *

We wander into the cafe and Axel bumps his shoulder into mine. I knock my shoulder into his arm and grin.

"Do you still want the vanilla milkshake?"

"Of course!" I nod.

"Ava? Axel?"

We turn around and grin at Charlotte. She just about leaps into my arms and squeezes me tightly. I gasp for air and she nervously laughs, then moves to Axel.

"I can't believe I'm bumping into you two! Are you staying? We should sit together." She grins.

"We should." I nod.

We order food and find a table somewhere in the back of the cafe.

Axel twirls the table number stand between his fingers and smiles at Charlotte.

"How's the planning going? Grace tells me the engagement party is going to be spectacular."

"I hope so." Charlotte bites her lip.

"It will be amazing." I knock her shoe from under the table.

"You're right." She slowly nods. "I'll just be happy once it's done."

The waiter arrives with our drinks and I grin as I slide the chilled glass closer. Another waiter appears and places the food on the table.

"Why aren't you eating, everything okay?" Charlotte frowns.

"Everything is good, but I consumed heaps of snacks before we came here." I chuckle. "I'm also just craving a milkshake."

"Aw! Grace and I need to hurry up so that we can start our mother's group."

Axel almost chokes on his burger which makes us laugh.

"Let's learn to crawl before we run." He sighs.

Charlotte pouts while I laugh.

"Once she's born, you can practice."

"It might put me off children." Axel laughs.

"You're having children no matter what, so just don't take too long. My children need friends around their age."

Axel sinks into his chair which makes us laugh.

"We better stop before he disappears under the table." I laugh.

Axel takes another bite into his burger while Charlotte and I laugh. They're dorks, but I love them.

Seriously can't wait for their family chapters!  💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

549 54 26
Loosing a mother who was her whole world Blake is forced to move across the world to a father who she hasn't seen for five years. She is scared of ho...
678K 23.5K 32
As their life turns towards a new adventure, secrets from Blake's past threaten their relationship once more. However, a hidden discovery might just...
2.2K 108 17
This is a sequel to Parenting Is Hard. Now that little Mal, Evie, Lola, Ava, April, and Tessa are all reunited and living together things are about t...
283K 5.6K 77
You will see how Stephanie defines love. (Under editing)