Turning Page ☾Klaus Mikaelson

By sgtjamesbucky

He was lonely and she was lost. Niklaus Mikaelson was stuck in the same old page for thousands of years. Bre... More

PLAYLIST
1: Briar Rose
2: Forget Me Not
3: Crazy, Impulsive Brother
4: Sweet dreams, Love
5: The Sacrifice
6: It Never Ends Does It?
7: Stay Away
8: Into The Night
9: Lost Stars
10: Stay With Me
11: You Could Use A Hug
13: A Past Came Haunting
14: Satellite Call
15: A Different Side of You
16: Burn
17: Back To You
18: Strange Connections
19: Let Me In
20: Wearied Hearts
21: Come Home
22: Sweet Revelations
23: As One
24: Warm Welcome

12: A First

7.3K 222 41
By sgtjamesbucky

I was again indulging in the depths of F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby for the millionth time when Klaus' sister, Rebekah, barged into the hotel room and stood at the end of the bed I was sitting on.

I tore my eyes away from the book, which I bought just after we arrived here in Chicago, and gave the female original a questioning look.

"Get up. Nik asked me to come and fetch you. We're going shopping, you haven't been out of this room since we've checked in," Rebekah said while pulling my left arm out of its socket to make me stand up.

"Ow, alright I'll go, just don't rip my arm off. Seriously, the first time we've met, you wanted to drain me of my blood but now, we're besties," I chuckled while Rebekah glared at me playfully.

"Hahaha, alright alright. I'm coming," I said while laughing before following Rebekah out of the massive hotel room Klaus got― I mean compelled― for us.

Flashback

Stefan, Klaus and I have been going back and forth to Gloria's bar and the original hybrid wouldn't stop talking about his brotherhood with my younger brother back in the 20s. Klaus was explaining to Stefan how Stef couldn't remember Klaus and his sister Rebekah.

"You compelled me to forget?"Stefan asked him, scrunching his forehead up in frustration.

Klaus sat between Stefan and I while he drank the contents of his glass. Gloria stood in front of me and offered me a drink but I shook my head dismissively but thanked her quietly.

"It was time for me and Rebekah to move on. Better to have a clean slate," Klaus replied nonchalantly.

"But why? You shouldn't have to cover your tracks... Unless you were running from someone."

"Story time's over," Klaus said while sipping his bourbon.

Stefan let out a heavy sigh before shifting his head towards the windows before saying, "I need another drink. A real one,"

He stood and walked towards the door of Gloria's bar. "Don't kill anyone or I'll stake you myself!" I shouted after him before he disappeared outside, Klaus let out a small laugh before gulping his alcohol.

"What?" I asked while a smile unconsciously crept onto my lips.

"Nothing to worry about love," He smirked, showing off his perfectly-sculptured dimples.

So Rebekah..." I trailed off while fixing my gaze on the original hybrid.

"She'll be here in a while," he replied, meeting my eyes.

I stared into the depths of his eyes. At first, I thought he had ocean blue eyes but his were smoldering grey orbs with a tinge of an ocean color in it. He cleared his throat out before I turned away from him, blood staining the insides of my cheeks.

We sat in comfortable silence despite the natural human noise of the bar. He was quietly sipping his bourbon whilst I was staring ahead, waiting for Stefan's comeback. I heard the bell chimed as the door opened but I didn't bother to look at the bar's entrance, so did Klaus.

I saw someone leaned against the bar beside Klaus from the corner of my eyes and Klaus said, "I see they've opened the doors to the riffraff now."

My eyes widened in shock as I looked at Klaus and saw Damon beside him.

"Oh honey, I've been called worse," Damon replied without looking at the hybrid, making Klaus chuckle.

"Stefan made it clear to stay away, Damon. What are you doing here?" I said with annoyance while furrowing my eyebrows.

"I'm here to get you and Stefan back. Whatever it takes."

"You don't give up, do you?" Klaus asked my older brother while staring down.

"Give me my sister and brother back... You'll never have to see me again," Damon smiled sarcastically.

"Well, I am torn. You see, I promised Stefan and Briar Rose that I wouldn't let you die but how many freebies did I really sign up for?" Klaus turns to look at me before facing my brother and continues, "And clearly you want to die, otherwise you wouldn't be here, so..."

"What can I say? I'm a thrill seeker," Damon replied before smirking. I rolled my eyes and thought to myself, "More like death seeker you moron."

Tension rolled off the two men beside me and just after Damon answered, Klaus grabbed his neck and strangled him in the air. I sped to them and grabbed Klaus' arm, "Klaus, stop." I tried removing the hybrid's steel grip but failed in the end.

Klaus pointed a toothpick at Damon's neck and said, "Oh dear, what was that? I'm a little boozy, so forgive me if I missed your heart the first few tries."

"No!" I shouted just as when Klaus stabbed Damon. I grabbed Klaus' hand but he yanks it back hard and threw me against the bar. I hit my head hard as I collided with it and I clutch the back of my head in pain.

"You want a partner in crime? Forget Stefan. I'm so much more fun," Damon struggled to say.

Klaus proceeds to stab my brother a few times before he threw Damon into a table and broke one of the wooden chair's leg and strode over to him, "You won't be any fun after you're dead."

Just after Klaus raised the makeshift stake, I vamp sped over to him and knocked him a few meters away. We landed in a heap, my left hand on his shoulder and the other clutching his stake-cladded hand,"that's enough."

I turned to Damon and said, "Go! Go back to Mystic Falls and don't come back." Damon stood up and vanished as quickly as he appeared.

I looked back at Klaus who was staring at me in wonder. Pain at the back of head began to worsen and I released my hold on Klaus' hand and I landed on his chest before I rolled over beside him.

Klaus' POV

I raised the stake and was about to stab it into Damon Salvatore's heart when a shadowed figure collided against my body. I hit the ground a few distances away from the Salvatore brother with Briar Rose holding my hand and shoulder.

Her ocean blue eyes blazed with adrenaline. I noticed a tinge of auburn gold swirling against in her electric blues. I can't help but wonder, there's more to this girl than she ever let on and I intend to find out.

"Please stop," she pleaded as she looked into my eyes intently.

She turned away from me and told her brother to go home before looking back at me. She let out a small groan before Briar Rose removed her hand against mine. She rolled beside me just after she fell against my chest.

The smell of sweet blood wafted in the air and hit my nose. I turned to the girl beside me and found her eyes closed and blood seeped through her scalp.

"Briar, wake up. Look at me," I tapped her right cheek lightly and she responded with another groan.

I felt my fangs protrude my gums and my eyes turned to gold at the intensity of her blood's temptation but I held the burning ache in my throat in and bit my wrist. I place my blood-stained wrist onto her lips and let some of my blood drip.

I cradled her head before saying, "Drink up love."

It wasn't long before she clutched my hand and drank my blood. A tingling sensation shoots up my arm she licks the blood off my bitten wrist before it heals. She lay panting against me before sitting straight up.

We both stood up at the same time and she turned to me and said, "Thank you for the blood and for letting my brother go."

"No need to show gratitude sweetheart, in fact, I must apologize for my erratic behavior," I held her left hand and placed a kiss on it before saying, "My apologies, love, for trying to kill your brother and for hurting you."

I let her hand go before glancing at a clock, wondering what's taking Rebekah so long. I turned to Briar Rose and held my hand in front of her, "Shall we fetch my sister?"

She let out a heavy sigh before saying, "I'd love to," as she accepted my hand.

~

Briar Rose's POV

I was walking side by side with Klaus inside the warehouse while Stefan waited outside as Klaus instructed him to do so. We entered a room full of Klaus' family coffins; in the middle was Rebekah's coffin.

The Original hybrid strode over to her coffin whilst I searched for my friend Elijah's. I flinched when I heard Klaus' voice rang throughout the room as he called out for his sister.

"Rebekah, it's your big brother. Come out, come out wherever you are," Klaus taunted as he turned in my direction.

Then Klaus gasped in pain as a figure rushed over to him with a lightning speed and stabbed him with an old metal dagger.

"Go to hell Nik!" Rebekah seethed through her teeth as she kept the dagger inside Klaus.

Klaus grabbed hold of the dagger and took it out before letting it fall to the floor, "Don't pout. You knew it wouldn't kill me.

"Yeah, but I was hoping it would hurt more," she said before turning towards my direction, "Good, you brought another snack, I'm still thirsty."

Her eyes turned bloodshot as her fangs protrude before speeding over to me, aiming for the kill. Klaus intercepted her trajectory towards me and I scooted closer to Klaus as I peeked through his shoulders.

"She's not food dear sister," Klaus told her, making Rebekah glowered over him even more before walking in the opposite direction.

"I understand that you're upset with me, Rebekah...So I'm going to let that go. Just this once," Klaus followed his sister and clasped her shoulder with one hand, "Brought you a little peace offering. You can come in."

Stefan entered the room and Rebekah gasped in surprise, "Stefan..." Klaus removed his hand from Rebekah's shoulder and walked closer to Stefan before compelling him to remember. Stefan's eyes widened in recognition of the two originals and it wasn't long before Klaus took the attention of the room.

"And now the reason you're here. Gloria tells me you know how to contact the original witch," Klaus said as he advances towards his sister, "What do you have that Gloria needs?"

Rebekah smiled and touched her neck but her smile vanished in an instant she felt her bare neck, "Where's my necklace? What did you do with it? I never take it off!"

The original siblings got into a heated argument about Rebekah's necklace and the Original Witch before Klaus grasped both of his sister's shoulder and shouted, "Tell me that's not what Gloria needs, Rebekah!"

Rebekah yanked herself away from her brother and towards her coffin. She patted the mattress, where she laid for 90 years and searched for her necklace. She shut the lid down so hard before throwing the coffin on the ground when she didn't find the necklace.

Her breath came out in large pants and she fell to the floor on her knees. I walked over to her and knelt down beside her. She gave me a questioning look just before I clasped her right hand, "We'll find your necklace, I promise..."

Back to the present.

I was trying out the clothes and shoes Rebekah insisted. I can hear her protests in the changing room beside mine, "There has to be more to this dress." I stifled my laughter after I heard Klaus' reply, "There's not."

I was smoothing the skirt I was wearing when I heard the trinkets and curtains of Rebekah's changing room clattered as she sashayed outside.

"So women in the 21st century dress like prostitutes then. You know, I got dirty looks for wearing trousers," I heard Rebekah said outside of my curtains.

"You wore trousers so women today could wear nothing."

"And what is this music? It sounds like a cable car accident," Rebekah complained in disgust.

"It's dance music, Rebekah," I said after pulling my curtains to the side and strutted outside my changing room.

"People dance to this?" Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion while Stefan nodded in agreement.

I twirled in front of Rebekah to take her mind off silly things before I smiled and said, "So what do you think?"

A genuine smile crept onto her face before she said, "Ugh, You're perfect, I can't even look at you."

"Are we done?" Klaus said in a bored tone, breaking off our moment.

Rebekah walked over to her brother and crossed her arms to her chest before asking, "And why are you so grumpy?"

"I needed one thing from you for my witch to find out why my hybrids are dying, one thing. Your necklace. And you lost it," Klaus answered before sipping his served champagne.

Rebekah rolled her eyes at Klaus, "I didn't lose it. It's just been missing for 90 years." She turned to Stefan and showed off her dress, "So what do you think?"

"I like it," my brother said while nodding in agreement.

"What? I said I like it," Stefan said after Rebekah tilted her head to the side, unsatisfied by his comment.

"I can always tell when you're lying, Stefan," Rebekah said with annoyance before turning to my direction.

"Uhmm, there's something off about it. Try the white one you picked out a while ago, I think it'll suit you better," I said with a smile while crossing my arms and tilting my head to the side.

Rebekah smiled at me before turning to our siblings, "At least somebody here knows how to tell the truth." She walked away and into the dressing room once more, shouting back at me, "Don't change your outfit. Nik will pay for your clothes."

"Nice one, good work," Klaus said while grabbing the champagne bottle after I turned to them and shrugged my shoulders.

"You're the one that pulled the dagger out of her," My younger brother replied.

"I heard that," Rebekah shouted from the changing room.

"Alright, I'm gonna get some fresh air," Stefan said before standing up and strolling over to the entrance of the retail shop while Klaus rolled his eyes and poured himself another glass.

I let out a small smile before sitting on Stefan's vacant seat beside Klaus'. Klaus offered me his glass and I gladly took it before Klaus poured himself a glass of champagne. He raised his glass after that and said, "Cheers."

"Cheers."

~

We are now outside the dress shop and Klaus dragged me over to his car and opened his passenger door before pushing me inside. He closed the door before walking back to Rebekah. He talked to her for a few moments, both of them stealing glances at me even though the car's window was heavily tinted.

In the end, Rebekah let out another genuine smile while fiddling with Klaus' collar. She whispered something to him before kissing his cheek and vamp speeding away. Klaus stared in the direction his sister went off before walked back to his car.

He opened his door before getting in. "What was that?" I looked at him with curiosity.

Klaus shook his head and smiled, showing his dimples. I can't believe it! Niklaus Mikaelson actually flushed at a question but composed himself a second later, "Nothing to be concerned of, love."

The engine of the car rumbled to life as Klaus turned it on. He drove for a few minutes before I asked him again, "Where are we going?" as I noticed this wasn't the way back to Gloria's bar.

"You haven't eaten all day love. I thought I should treat you to anywhere you want," he answered without faltering his gaze at the road.

I pondered for a moment before saying, "Mcdonalds?"

Klaus glared at me but I held my hands in protest, "What? It's my craving of the week. Plus, I really want some fries,"

Klaus responded with a heavy sigh before saying, "Alright, Mcdonalds it is."

I almost pumped my right hand in the air but I held it in instead I grinned triumphantly, "Thank you!"

We arrived at Mcdonalds in a few minutes and I immediately opened the door and got out. I took long strides to the entrance with Klaus trailing behind me, we fell silently in line as I scanned the area. It looks a little bit different with Klaus standing beside me.

When the line dispersed, I grabbed Klaus' arm and pulled him in front. He looked at me in confusion; the lady, whose hair's tied up in pigtails, in front of the register was stunned at the perfection of the man beside me.

"You order, I'll find us a seat," I told Klaus before tilting my head to the side.

I left Klaus on the counter under the entranced gaze of the woman. Poor hybrid, I searched for a vacant seat and found one near the back. I sat down and waited for Klaus and our food. I watched as the hybrid looks so out of place while he compelled the woman.

He arrived after a few minutes and placed the tray of food down on to the table. He sat down and stared at me intently. I raised my eyebrows and teased him, "So, how's Little Miss Pigtails huh?"

"Don't start," Klaus warned me while I laughed carelessly.

I grabbed a burger off the tray and unwrapped it before I took a bite out of it. Klaus was still staring at me as I chew, "Aren't you going to eat?"

"It's for you," Klaus replied without looking away.

"But I can't eat all of this! Join me, here," I said as I offered a burger to him. I glared at him and pouted when he shook his head. He closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose before taking the burger from my hand.

"Good dog," I laughed while he glared at me. I squinted my eyes as I stared deep into his blue-grey orbs then a thought appeared inside my head. First time.

"This is your first Big Mac?"I asked in amazement. He eyed me warily, probably wondering why I knew.

"I'll tell you a secret if you help me finish all of this," I gestured at the food he ordered before letting out a secret smile. He nodded and smiled at me. We ate in silence and consumed all the food on the table.

Once we've finished, I clapped my hands together before supporting my chin, "So since you held your end of the deal, I'll tell you a secret."

He raised his eyebrows, "What is this secret of yours which has me intrigued?

"I can read minds and you're thinking how did that happen," I said while looking at him.

"That's basic psychology, love, when you tell people something unnatural, they tend to ask the question how," he smiled teasingly at me.

"Alright then, think of a place and then I'll read your mind and describe the place to you."

Again, I stared deeper into his eyes and lost myself in it. A swarm of memories flooded my mind. Klaus' memories. It was like watching a movie and the vision focused on a meadow.

"A meadow, a beautiful vast meadow. I can see a girl with long blonde hair. You were playing with her, chasing her," I trailed off as I delved more into his memory.

A boy about three years older than Rebekah was chasing her playfully until someone shouted at him, "NIKLAUS!" The little boy immediately cowered in fear. Then I snapped out.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that, invading your privacy," I apologized to Klaus as I dipped my head low.

"It's alright, love."

I cleared my throat out before standing up, "I need the bathroom, excuse me."

"Briar Rose..." Klaus trailed off and I turned to his direction and said, "I won't run. I promise."

I ran to the bathroom, ashamed of what I've done. I turned the sink faucet and splashed some cold water onto my face before gripping the edge of the sink tightly, "What am I doing?"

I looked at myself in the mirror, only to find a hooded figure behind me and then everything went black.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80K 2.6K 90
"𝐖𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐟𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬...𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐜𝐡𝐚�...
23K 594 23
I do not own these characters, those rights go to Julie Plec. This story takes place when the Mikaelsons were human. Caroline is friends with Re...
1.3M 28.7K 30
mir·a·cle ˈmirək(ə)l/ noun a surprising and welcome event What if Klaus and Hayley never had their one night stand? Instead of choosing to stay, Hayl...
283 15 8
Isabella Bianco a powerful supernatural with a kind hearted soul that everyone loved dearly. But she finds herself in trouble when she can't remember...