April Snowdrop (Thomas Shelby)

Από yourstrulynix

⚘ ✰ ☾ ❥ ✧ ⋆ ❦ ༄ ↳ THE LEGEND SAYS: When God created snow, he gave it the t... Περισσότερα

𝒜𝓅𝓇𝒾𝓁 𝒮𝓃𝑜𝓌𝒹𝓇𝑜𝓅
𝕬𝖈𝖙 𝕺𝖓𝖊
𝒪𝓃𝑒
𝒯𝓌𝑜
𝒯𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒
𝐹𝑜𝓊𝓇
𝐹𝒾𝓋𝑒
𝒮𝒾𝓍
𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃
𝐸𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉
𝒩𝒾𝓃𝑒
𝒯𝑒𝓃
𝕬𝖈𝖙 𝕿𝖜𝖔
𝐸𝓁𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃
𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓁𝓋𝑒
𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃
𝐹𝑜𝓊𝓇𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃
𝐹𝒾𝒻𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃
𝒮𝒾𝓍𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃
𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃
𝐸𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃
𝒩𝒾𝓃𝑒𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃
𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎
𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝒪𝓃𝑒
𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝒯𝓌𝑜
𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝒯𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒
𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝐹𝑜𝓊𝓇
𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝐹𝒾𝓋𝑒
𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝒮𝒾𝓍
𝕬𝖈𝖙 𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊
𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃
𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝐸𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉
𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎
𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝒪𝓃𝑒
𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝒯𝓌𝑜
𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝒯𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒
𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝐹𝑜𝓊𝓇
𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝐹𝒾𝓋𝑒
𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝒮𝒾𝓍
𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃
𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝐸𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉
𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝒩𝒾𝓃𝑒
𝐹𝑜𝓇𝓉𝓎
𝐹𝑜𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝒪𝓃𝑒

𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝒩𝒾𝓃𝑒

13.8K 356 30
Από yourstrulynix

LIES AND DEATH

ONCE VERONICA WAS fast asleep in her cot, Deborah found herself back in her own bedroom. She stood at her dressing table and reapplied her lipstick, leaning over to ensure she made no mistakes. The news she had received last week echoed in her mind and she contemplated when she would tell Tommy. Lost in her thoughts, she failed to hear the door opening, but was pleasantly surprised when she felt arms wrapping around her waist.

"You're needing downstairs." Tommy told her, while placing slow kisses along her neck.

"I don't know if I can face my awful family again." Deborah huffed, turning in his arms.

"You spoke with them?" Tommy questioned, running a thumb along her cheek.

"They caught me when you disappeared earlier. I heard all about my handsome husband, fancy house and bastard child." Deborah told him, anger in her tone. "My grandmother and aunts also know all about the Blinder business. I'm assuming my father's side of the family told them before the ceremony."

"Well, we'll stay clear of them for the rest of the evening." Tommy assured her. "People are hungry and we need to act like we're having fun."

Deborah scoffed and moved out of his arms. "I was putting Ronnie to bed. I'll come down, but not with you like this."

"Alright, fine." Tommy sighed. "I'm not arguing with you."

"Tommy." Deborah called, her voice loud. "We're not done here."

Tommy slammed the door closed before turning to his wife. "What else is there to say?"

"Who was that man at the church? I didn't recognise him." She questioned, hoping he would tell her the truth. "Is he the reason you're acting like this?"

"He's an old family friend, don't worry about it." He lied.

"Is that where you were earlier, dealing with him?" Deborah asked. "My father's side of the family, the Solomans, they know he's Russian. They warned me to be careful."

"Yeah, they fucking did, eh? Of course they fucking did." Tommy yelled, before storming into the bathroom.

"Tommy you promised me, no more lies." Deborah snapped, following after him. "Do you have business with the Russians? Say it out loud and I'll know if it's true."

"It's business, Deb." Tommy sighed, sitting down on the bath as he lit a cigarette. "It's bad, bad business it is, all round."

Deborah knelt in front of him and took his hands. "Don't shut me out, Tommy. I'm apart of this business, just as much as you are."

"And I'm scared, Deb." He admitted. "I'm scared for you. I'm scared for the baby. And this is how I am when I'm scared. It is unfamiliar to you but not to me. I can fucking be scared and carry on. And it's not pleasant to look at and no joy to be around, all right?"

"Why didn't you just tell me?" Deborah asked.

"I'm sorry." Tommy said with a sniff.

"We just made vows to share everything." Deborah told him, while leaving the room. "Tell me what it is you're afraid of."

She received no reply from Tommy and shook her head in disappointment. Sitting down on their bed, Deborah kicked off her heels and clutched her mother's necklace in her hands. The sigh leaving her lips was cut short as Tommy appeared in front of her, taking her arms and pulling her upright.

"Stand up, stand up, stand up." He demanded, before taking her face in his hands and forcing her to look at him. "Arthur's speech. I'm scared of fucking Arthur's speech. Alright?"

Deborah knew he was lying, but she was grateful that he was shutting her out completely. He would eventually tell her, or else one of the boys or Polly would. So instead of snapping at him again, she laughed slightly and nodded her head.

"Me too." She smiled, before remembering something else. "I went to the doctors last week." She informed him.

"I didn't know you weren't feeling well." Tommy furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"I've been throwing up most mornings now for the last few weeks." Deborah explained, while running her hands along his chest. "Thought it was time I saw the doctor."

"What did he say?" Tommy questioned impatiently.

"I'm pregnant." She revealed, biting her lip as she waited for his reaction. "I know it isn't the best timing but -"

"Deb, the timing couldn't be better." Tommy interrupted her, while grinning from ear to ear. "We just got married, the business is doing well."

"But now you're involved with the Russians." Deborah reminded him.

"Don't worry about any of that." Tommy assured her. "I can't believe you're pregnant again."

"Me neither." She smiled, pushing Tommy away to reach down for her heels. As she did so, he began to grip the skirt of her dress, pulling it up. "Tommy, what are you doing? Our family is downstairs waiting for us."

Tommy pulled her to stand up straight, before pushing her back until her knees hit the bed and she collapsed on to the mattress. Tommy crawled on top of her and placed kiss down her neck.

"Tommy." Deborah moaned, gripping the back of his neck. "There are things that if I take off, I won't be able to get them back on."

"That's good." Tommy smiled, kissing her between each word. "Hello, Mrs. Shelby. I'm sorry for being busy in my head." He said, while trailing a hand up to between her legs. "Now let me make love to my gorgeous wife."

۵

"Have I told you how much I love you, Mrs. Shelby." Tommy hummed, as he stood behind his wife, arms locked around her waist.

Deborah laughed quietly, as she rolled her stockings up. "Don't worry Mr. Shelby, you showed me plenty tonight." She smiled amusingly.

Tommy's sneaky hands ran over her lower back, pulling her dress skirt back up, before cupping his wife's behind. Deborah squealed and smacked her laughing husband's hands away just as the door opened.

"Tommy? Deb - oh." Arthur suddenly appeared, before covering his eyes and backing out of the room. "Didn't see anything. Did not see a thing. Sorry brother. I need you both downstairs."

Tommy pulled away from his wife and lit a cigarette. "It's alright, we're done. You good?" He questioned, as he joined his brother at the door.

As the two men chatted away, Deborah rushed to pull her shoes on and flatten the creases in her dress. When she turned to leave the room, she caught sight of herself in the mirror and cringed. Brushing away the lose strands from her bun, Deborah cursed and mutter curses to her husband.

"I won't mention this in my speech, then, eh?" Arthur teased, peaking int to catch Deborah's eye.

"Not unless you want to get cut, Arthur." Deborah warned, still concentrated on her hair.

"Sorry, princess." Arthur called.

"Right. Look. Tell the maids to break out the champagne. I'll be down in a minute." Tommy ordered.

"Champagne, yeah. OK." Arthur mumbled, before heading back downstairs.

Tommy turned back to his wife and walked over to grab her hands. "You look fine. Let's go back down to the party."

Deborah huffed and slapped his chest. "You were the one who couldn't keep your hands to yourself, Mr. Shelby."

"How can I when I have a wife as fucking gorgeous as you, love." He smirked, before guiding them both downstairs.

۵

Soon the couple joined their guests for a delicious three course meal and many more drinks. Tommy had raised a toast to his new wife and said a few heartwarming words about their years together. Deborah listened to every word with teary eyes, but now the moment they were both dreading had arrived, Arthur's speech.

"And now, according to tradition, my best man will say a few words." Tommy announced, as every sat back down.

As Arthur stood up, a round of cheers applause were heard from the Shelby side of the table. John's voice was prominent above the others, as he cheered on his older brother.

"I'd like to, erm I'm not one for speeches." Arthur said, a small nervous smile on his face.

"Sing, then!" John shouted, which resulted in a glare from Deborah.

"I will later, John." Arthur promised. "But I do, erm I do have some words written down here...on this piece of paper." He fished through the pockets of his jacket and pulled out a piece of paper. "This doesn't include everything that I want to say."

"Arthur, just read what we wrote down, eh?" Tommy warned his, as Deborah clutched his arm and rest her chin on his shoulder.

"I will. I will, mm-hmm." Arthur nodded. "But first, a few words from the heart."

"Christ." Tommy muttered under his breath, making Deborah smack his side.

"Erm...this man here, my brother, Tommy, helped me survive through some of the worst times." Arthur began, but he was cut off by Tommy loudly clearing his throat.

"It's a wedding, Arthur, tell a joke." Michael suggested.

"Yeah. Tell a joke." John agreed.

"What I am trying to say is this. My brother, and the love of a good woman...pulled me through that time." Arthur continued, glancing down at his new wife Linda. "Now Tommy also has the love of a good woman. Her name's Deborah. A women who I consider a little sister and will always be my princess. And even though her brother couldn't be here because of the bad business deal between him and Tom -"

As Deborah's eyes widened at Arthur's words, Tommy dropped his cigarette and slammed his fist on the table. He stood and grabbed his drink as he went. "Right, let's, uh, Arthur, let's raise a toast, eh? To love, to peace, to marriage."

"And to marriage." Arthur repeated, as if he was in a daze.

The guests followed suit and raised their glasses, echoing Tommy's toast. Patting his brother's shoulder, Tommy sat back down and picked up his cigarette, taking a long drag for some relief. Deborah shot back the end of her drink, before rubbing a hand down the back of her husband's head and neck.

"Well done, Arthur. Beautiful speech. Really nice. Really, really nice." John slurred, after consuming at least two bottle of whiskey.

Arthur picked up his jacket and walked out of the room, as his wife got up to follow. Tommy moved from his seat and followed his brother. Deborah frowned as Arthur walked out, feeling guilty that she hadn't been supportive of him, despite what he was about to tell everyone.

"Where's he going?" John huffed, watching them leave.

Deborah rolled her eyes and reached over to grab Tommy's drink. "Finish your drink John and leave you brother alone." She warned, before downing the whiskey.

۵

After another painful two hours of fake smiles and chatting to her relatives, Deborah went searching for a Shelby to help her feel sane again. Fortunately, she found Polly standing in the corner near punch bowl. The brunette forced her way through the crowd of unfamiliar faces and sighed in relief once she stood beside the older women.

"You look like you're having fun." Polly laughed, taking in the breathless bride. She poured another drink and handed it to the young woman.

Deborah sighed and gladly accepted the drink. "I'm very appreciative for the work Tommy put in to find my family and invite them, but fucking hell Pol, they're all horrible people."

Polly snorted amusingly and turned to face the crowds of people. "It's one night hun, then you'll never see any of them ever again."

The young woman hummed and took a sip of the drink, before suddenly spitting it back into the cup when she remembered her situation. She had already had a few glasses, which she had allowed herself because, well, it was her wedding day, but Deborah knew she had to stop now.

Polly, who had witnessed Deborah disgusting act, smiled at her. "I forgot to tell you congratulations. I thought you wouldn't be expecting until after the wedding night, but it is you and Tommy after all."

"You knew?" Deborah questioned, before rolling her eyes at her obvious question. "Of course you knew. How long have you known?"

"Three weeks ago, when you had the second fitting for your dress." Polly revealed, eyes locked on something across the room.

Deborah sighed and nodded her head, glancing around the room. "Tommy says the timings perfect."

"You don't?" Polly asked, turning her attention back to the young woman.

"My husbands gotten involved with Russian business and we both know that won't end well." Deborah said.

"How did find out?" Polly asked with wide eyes. "Tommy told me he didn't tell you."

"He didn't. I saw the man at the ceremony and heard him on the phone." She explained pursing her lips. "I also know that he's planning to kill him tonight if the deal doesn't go through." Noticing the look Polly sent her, Deborah continued. "My husband won't tell me things Pol, so I have to get my sources from the drunkest Shelby."

Polly rolled her eyes at the thought of a drunk John blabbering about the business. "Tommy didn't want you to know. He didn't even want me to know, but I found out."

Deborah perked up at the sight of the man himself, as he arrived just in time for their dance. "He needs to learn that he can't keep anything from us, Pol."

The sound of a voice over the microphone cut off Polly's reply. "Ladies and gentlemen. The bride and the groom will now dance alone."

Deborah forced a smile as she walked towards the dance floor, as the crowded clapped around her. Her grimace melted into a look of genuine affection when she saw Tommy waiting for her with a hand extended for her to take. He looked happy to see her, a large smile dancing across his lips.

Tommy pulled her to his chest, Deborah's chin resting on his shoulder, his hand engulfed hers as they swayed to the music. "John told me about your plans to kill that Russian man."

Tommy stiffed beneath her hands, frustrated at his brother. "I didn't ask him to come tonight so I have to deal with it."

"Tommy." Deborah sighed. "Please don't make Arthur do it. He's been doing so well this last year. I know Linda is a fucking pain, but she really has helped him."

"Arthur's a Blinder, he needs to get over all this." Tommy argued.

"He hasn't used a gun in months and Linda doesn't even let him keep one in the house. Speaking of which, promise me you won't keep guns in the house." She pulled back and grinned up at him. "Promise me. Hm? A wedding vowel."

The two looked at one another, smiling, as Tommy gave her a small nod. "I promise. No guns in the house and Ronnie will never see one."

"I love you, Thomas Shelby." Deborah whispered. "Keep this family safe."

"I love you." Tommy responded. "And I promise I will make us safe."

Leaning forward, Deborah kissed her husband and smiled happily against his lips. The music came to a pause as the audience clapped and cheered before the announcer declared that others could join in. The dance floor grew crowded, as Tommy and Deborah slipped away.

"I'll find you later." Tommy told her. He placed a kiss to her cheek and rushed off before Deborah could question him further.

Deborah was soon pulled back on to the dance floor by her horrible aunts and forced to join them. After making it through a torturous half an hour of dancing and fake laughing, she slipped away from their clutches. Glancing around the room, Deborah noticed that there were no Shelby brothers, or any of their men present.

A part of Deborah knew that whatever plan Tommy had made to kill the unwelcome visitor, was happen now. She rushed through the crowds of people and down the numerous hallways, until she finally reached the rooms at the back of the house. It was eerily quiet, but the sound of dull thumping was heard coming from the wine cellar.

Deborah hitched the ends of her dress up and ran down the stairs that lead to the cellar. As she rounded the corner, she paused at the sight of Arthur standing above the Russian, who was now battered and bruised. She watched as the gangster paused, as if he was considering the alternatives.

Staying as quiet as she could, Deborah removed her heels and silently walked up behind the shaking man. Arthur screamed and trashed as the man pleaded for his life. Reaching around him, she grabbed the gun from his trembling hands and aimed it at the Russian.

"You crashed the wrong fucking wedding." Deborah hissed, before pulling the trigger.

The bang from the gun echoed in the cold, dark room, as blood splatter across the bottom of Deborah's wedding dress and Arthur's pants. Arthur slumped his body against the brick wall and breathed out a sigh of relief. Deborah didn't move, staring down at the deceased man as the sound of the gun firing replayed in her mind.

"I won't tell, Tommy." Deborah spoke up first, breaking the silence.

Arthur shook his head, causing his sweaty locks to fall into his eyes. "He'll know. Just tell him the truth." He ordered, before stumbling out of the room and up the stairs that lead to the back garden.

Once the door slammed shut and the room fell into complete silence, Deborah broke down. Muffled sobs fell from her as she clutched a hand over her mouth, drowning her cries from the outside world. Tears tumbled down her place face, as she stared at the pool of blood at her feet. After a few minutes, the women regained herself. Deborah stood back up straight and wiped away any stray tears, before leaving the room and her guilt behind.

۵

Finally the evening drew to a close, as the guests either drove home or retired to any spare rooms available in the house. After checking on Veronica, Deborah finally returned to the safety and comfort of her own room. As she ventured further into the shadows of their bedroom, she saw Tommy's silhouette against the window, his from tensed.

Walking over to him slowly, Deborah wrapped her arms around his waist from behind and felt his composer relax. Reaching for her arm, Tommy pulled her around and positioned her in front of him. He wrapped both arms over his shoulders and placed a kiss to her neck lovingly.

"It wasn't the day I was expecting." Deborah admitted, speaking quietly.

"Nor me." Tommy replied, tightening his hold on her.

From the window, the couple watched Curly ushered a few drunken members of her family across the driveway, waving goodnight as they left the premises. Just as the guests departed, a wagon was pulled in the other direction. Deborah tensed as she saw the outline of a human body beneath the white sheet. She clutched her eyes shut, as she pushed away the nausea and guilt she still felt.

"I'm sorry." Tommy whispered, noticing her discomfort. "I'm sorry you had to kill someone on your own wedding night."

"Let's go to bed." Deborah mumbled, shaking her head to rid of the horrible flashbacks.

"We'll be okay, Deb." Tommy assured her, undoing the zipper on the back of her dress and letting it drop to the floor and pool around her feet.

Deborah turned to face him and looked up at his with saddened eyes. "Tommy...I killed a man." She croaked out.

"Deb." He sighed, as he backed his wife towards the bed. "Just relax and enjoy the rest of our fucking wedding night."

Tommy pecked his wife's lips, before moving his lips along her jaw and down her neck. Deborah's mind went blank as she moaned in pleasure, allowing herself to fall for her husband's charms. Their lips connected in a passionate kiss, only breaking apart to remove Tommy's clothes, until he lay bare above her.

Deborah wrapped her legs around her husbands waist, digging her knees into his bum to try guiding his hips to meet hers. Tommy whispered her name breathlessly against her heaving chest as he got lost in the feeling of his wife. As the two neared their peaks, a cry from their daughter's room caused them to pause.

Groaning into her neck, Tommy mumbled curses as he slowly detached himself from Deborah's inviting body. The women giggled at her husband's grumbling and pushed at his chest, urging him to hurry.

"Tommy, she's calling you." Deborah laughed, hearing the muffled cries of 'daddy'.

Tommy placed one last hard kiss to her lips, before tending to his daughter. Deborah smiled to herself as she heard him quietly sooth Veronica back to sleep. The exhausted woman reached for the silk covers and pulled them over her aching body. Falling into a deep sleep, Deborah basked in the warmth and comfort of her own bed and Tommy's deep voice.

★ ♥ ღ ❞ ➳ ⚘

A long and intense chapter but I thought you guys deserved it with everything going on. I love this chapter because it shows how involved Deb is in the business and the love she has for the Shelby family.

Also I just wanted to take this chance to remind everyone how important it is to stay at home. You may not be personally involved or come near this deadly virus but there are millions of other people who are. It is crucial that we do are part by protecting those around us. Everyday healthcare staff are risking their lives to save the lives of hundreds of people, we can do the same. Please just stay.  at.  home . I hope you all keep safe and well xx

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

9.6K 559 8
────────────────── .˚ᵎ┊𝖿𝗂𝗋𝖾 ⋆.ೃ࿔:・❝ 𝑖 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑒𝑡 𝑡𝘩𝑒 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑙𝑑 𝑜𝑛 𝑓𝑖𝑟𝑒, 𝑖 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑎 𝑓...
415K 13.2K 53
It's the roaring twenties in Birmingham, the Peaky Blinders exist alongside God but they were much, much closer at hand than Him. Mercedes de Silva...
739K 18K 23
"Well that wasn't very lady like was it?" • "Well it's a good fucking thing that Small Heath doesn't raise good ladies, 'ey Mr Shelby?" Tommy Shelby...
286K 7.4K 51
If anyone in Birmingham had asked Polly Gray when the ice around Thomas Shelby's heart had started to melt, she'd say it was the day Maude Felton cam...