CONNECTED

By JarriaJelese

Nicole and Tae are closer than ever; Nicole's spa is really taking off while Tae thinks about finally throwin... More

1.
2.
3.1
3.2
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.1
51.2
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.

21.

566 13 0
By JarriaJelese

Korea.

"What are you doing here?"

"Can I come in?" I stood in front of him with my hands clasped together. "Please?"

He shook his head before answering. "No" He sighed, leaning more into the doorway.

I couldn't help but gaze at his chest. "Why not?" I asked once I noticed I had been staring for too long.

"My face up here Karin." He pointed at himself circling his face with his hand.

I smacked my lips in response. "It's been a while since we talk-"

"And?" He cut me off. "You pulled that lame ass shit with your baby daddy when you know damn well I know my place. I love your kids; treat them like my own and you come at me on some shit he told you to tell me." Obviously he still was pissed. "You don't think that's foul?"

"No, I do I really do." I tried to convince him. "Montana you have to understand that it's only fair that I respect his wishes."

He looked off, rolling his eyes. "What do you want Karin?"

"To know that we're good." I answered honestly. I was neither afraid or embarrassed to say that I didn't wanna lose Montana. He was my Best Friend, my safe place, and my outlet. He helped me when no one else could; he was there for me every time I cried to him about Julio. "It's nothing personal."

"That shit ain't nothing but personal to me Karin."

Montana really put the S in Stubborn.

"Can you please just let me come in so we can talk it out at least?"

"Nah I'm good." He looked back into his apartment. He was holding the door so close to his body I couldn't see if anybody else was inside if I wanted to. "We cool, you're a good woman but I'm not interested in going down that friend road with you anymore." My heart broke. "We do business together so I'll still be seeing you." He stepped back into his place. "I want you to respect my wishes like you respect Julio's." He tried to hurry up and slam the door before I could see anything, but he wasn't fast enough. I spotted a pair of black lace panties on the floor by his refrigerator.

I walked back down the hall to my apartment; amused. I found it funny that he was being so secretive when he knew every detail of my life whether we were on good terms or not.

Montana and I knew our roles in one another's lives and we played them well, so I wasn't upset that he had a woman over but I was upset that he was trying to hid it.

"Cali did you finish packing like I told you?" I yelled through my apartment as soon as I entered the door.

She came running out of her room. "Yes ma'am, but I'm gonna wait for my Daddy to come so he can carry my bags." I had told her to wheel her luggage to the front door but she obviously had the same thing in mind that I did; Julio could just do all the work.

We were leaving for Bali and there was no way possible I would even be able to carry all my bags to elevator, let alone the car. I could pack pretty light but we were going to a whole Island and we were staying for a week. We weren't scheduled to touch back down in Chicago until the Sunday night before Cali started school.

"Is your sister still sleeping?" I asked her but I already knew the answer. My baby could hibernate like a bear and it was still pretty early.

Of course Julio depended on me to book everything, so I made sure the entire trip was to my liking. Both of our flights were early, we were staying at a Resort that was on the Beach, and we had separate rooms. I didn't trust him when it came to us sleeping in the same room even if our kids were with us.

"Yes ma'am" She followed behind me into my bedroom.

"Are you taking all those bags?" She counted them out loud. "My Daddy said we couldn't take more than two a piece or we would have to pay extra."

"We're gonna be gone a week, Cali." I glanced at all seven of my Pink Juicy Couture Luggage that were lined up against my wall. Four were full of clothes, one was for my makeup, one for hair, and my carry-on contained all the shoes I would be bringing.

"I know Mommy but can I say something else?"

"Go ahead baby" Cali was very outspoken and I encouraged her to stay that way. I didn't have the freedom to express myself and my opinions growing up and it affected me a lot in my adulthood; it still was.

"You know how you always tell me just because I think I need something doesn't mean I really do?"

"Yes I do always tell you that." I smirked realizing where she was going with what she said.

"I just don't think you need to take all those bags." She stressed to me. "You have way too many and you're gonna have to pay a lot of extra money at the Airport."

"Then what do you suggest ma'am?" I put my hands on my hips looking at her.

"I'll help you fit everything into three suitcases."

I heard Julio ringing the doorbell as soon as Cali zipped up my second luggage. "I'll get it!" She quickly got up off her hands and knees, running to the door.

"Hey Daddy!" I could hear the excitement in her voice causing me to smile to myself. I loved the way my Daughters loved their Father.

"Where your big head mama at?" I heard him ask.

"My Mommy head is not big, Daddy!" Cali immediately defended me.

"It is and yours is too."

"If my head is big then I get it from you." She told him as they walked through my bedroom door one behind the other. She skipped around the bed, taking her spot back beside me.

He scoffed "You not wrong but damn." He said before his eyes landed on me. I was sitting on the carpet trying to decide what shoes I really wanted to take with me. "Good Morning" He licked his lips.

I unintentionally rolled my eyes. "Good Morning Julio." I spoke back. "How are you?"

He noticed me looking at him like he was crazy once he sat down on my freshly spread bed. "I gotta ask you if I can sit down?"

"No, I just don't want you sitting on my bed when I just made it up."

"My bad" He moved to my makeup chair. "I'm good though, well rested."

"What have you been doing?" He hadn't been over in a couple days, which was out of the ordinary since he had been coming over everyday since I unblocked him.

"Cali" He called her name making her look up.

"Yes Sir?"

"Go check on your sister right quick." His answer must've been something he didn't want her hearing. "I spent the last couple of days with Koriyon since ima be gone until the 28th." He filled me in once she left my room.

I raised my eyebrows, teasing him while he flipped me off. "Spending time with your girlfriend huh?" I side-eyed him. "Must be niceeeee." I sang.

"Man y'all gone stop calling that girl my woman." He fussed. "I'm a single ass man."

"Yeah for now" I neatly packed my shoes, stacking the ones I knew I would be wearing the most on the top.

"Whatever nigga, I'm sure you spent some QT with your Bestie."

"Nicole? Yes I did." I acted like I didn't know who he was talking about.

He smacked his lips "You know damn well I ain't talking bout short ass Nicole; your other Bestfriend."

Satisfied with my packing, I zipped my third suitcase and stood it upright. "I'm sure Tae or Nicole filled you in a long time ago but Montana and I aren't on the best of terms." I spoke with my back to him. "So no I didn't spend any QT with him."

"I'm sorry to hear that."

I started laughing and he did too. "Don't say anything at all if you just gone lie."

"I was tryna be nice."

Cali bust in my room with Cari on her hip. "She's up finally!" She announced, sitting her sister on my bed. "Now can we leave? I've been up for hours and we still haven't went anywhere."

"We're gonna leave as soon as I finish getting your sister dressed." She whined. "Go make sure you got everything you wanna take while you wait." I ran my hand over the end of her braids. Cali had really corse hair so I kept it in braids and protective styles, but she was getting older now and she wanted some say in what hairstyles she got. She told me she wanted her hair straight for her first week of school and it honestly made me so sad. She really wasn't the cute snaggered-tooth little girl I had meet three years ago.

"You can go put all the bags in my Jeep while I get her dressed." It only made sense for us to travel in one vehicle and since I had the bigger SUV, we were taking mine. I took Cari out of Julio's arms, holding her close to me.

He smacked his lips "How you just gone take my kid out my arms like that?" He picked his sweats up.

It only took me maybe twenty minutes to freshen Cari up, put her clothes on, and style her hair. "It's time to go Cali!" I went into my kitchen and grabbed myself a couple granola bars for the ride to the Airport.

We had a 10 o'clock flight and it was almost eight. The Airport was a hour away from my place and people were still going to work so the roads were full of traffic.

"Make sure you grab something for Breakfast." I reminded Cali. She came out of her room with her Mini Pink Gucci crossbody purse on and her pink shades were on top of her head.

"I'm gonna take my Pretzels." She walked over to her snack cabinet that she had assigned herself. She had it decorated with several small Rainbow and Unicorn  stickers.

"Drive fast but don't be a Speed Racer, Julio." I shut the passenger door. He had pulled my Jeep around the the front of my apartment building.

"Nigga I know how to drive, just sit back and relax. What y'all want for Breakfast?"

"We don't have time to stop anywhere. Cali and I grabbed something out the kitchen."

"Didn't nobody think about me? I'm hungry too." He complained.

"Either way we can't stop so you'll have to wait until we get to the Airport." I checked the time on my phone once again.

"Korea by the time we get through that TSA bullshit it's gone be time to get on the plane." He whined liked a little kid. "Ima just stop by McDonald's."

"We don't have time." I repeated myself.

"Daddy you can have some of my pretzels." Cali offered, holding her sandwich bag full of them out to him.

He rudely pushed her hand away. "Them shits gross, you ain't my kid eating those."

"I like them!"

"Your Mama got you eating all healthy, you know we don't do that at my house." He slightly turned to look back at her before focusing back on the road. Traffic was bad like I knew it would be and he had the nerve to be talking about some McDonald's.

"You never got no food at your house!" She shot back at him; we both laughed. "Sorry Daddy but it's true."

"Man I'm hungry as fuck." He announced once his laughing died down, rubbing his stomach. I seen his eyes wandering around my car. "You ain't got no good snacks in here? None in the truck or nothing?"

"All I can offer you is this." I took one of my Granola Bars out of my purse. "It's Strawberries and Creme."

"It's Strawberries and Creme." He mocked me and my voice. "Like that's suppose to make it sound better. It's still a gotdamn Granola Bar." He yanked it out my hand.

"You talk a lot of stuff for somebody that's still gone eat it."

He said something else slick, but I ignored him and went to look through my messages. I had a bad habit of leaving my phone unlocked for hours at a time and I always had multiple unread messages once I went back to it.

I seen Nicole had texted me privately and she sent messages in the Groupchat.

Nicole 💜👭- I'm really missing him rn y'all 😩 6:32 a.m.

Nicole 💜👭- Should I go to Ms. Karen's? Maybe I can lie and say I wanna drop my kids off but it's six in the morning 🤔.... help me come up with a lie. 6:33 a.m.

I laughed to myself at Mila and Maurice's responses, they were not letting her make it at all. We all thought it was ok for her to have sex with Tae every once in a while, if they were still set on not being together, but now she was getting out of control. A one time thing soon turned into a regular daily basis and now she had pushed moving into her apartment back yet another week. She had lost sight of her priorities and what she was trying to accomplish.

I decided to text her back separately.

Me- Did you ask him for the Title to your House yet? You said you were on Monday and that was two days ago. 8:11 a.m.

In order to put her house on the market she needed her Title and Deeds.

Nicole 💜👭- No.... I don't know how to now that we're back intimate. 8:12 a.m.

Me- It's so hard being your bestfriend 😩 8:12 a.m.

Me- Don't let sex complicate things. I don't want you to sell your house but you said that's what's best for you right? Get the Title Nicole & lol stop having so much unneeded sex! 8:14 a.m.

"Don't be texting that nigga around me."

"I'm sure Nicole wouldn't appreciate you calling her a man." I typed away on my phone, not bothering to even look his way.

He chuckled opening his Granola Bar with his teeth. "What y'all talking about? Tae?"

"Cali let me have a few of your pretzels." I held my hand out, deciding not to answer him.

"This gone be a long ass trip." He mumbled shaking his head.

********

Tae.

I rounded the stairs feeling like complete shit. I had been in my designated room all day, soaking in my sorrows.

My kids and Mia were sitting at the Table eating Dinner while my Mama sat at the Island. They all raised their heads, looking my way.

"No sir, sit down and finish eating." My Mama snapped her fingers at Taejin. He was already out of his seat and ready to run to me.

He gave me a sad face but did what she said. "Come to me Daddy." He pointed at himself.

My World lit up a little bit. "Love you kid." I shook his head gently, bending over to kiss his forehead. Troi screamed to the top of her lungs before she started crying like somebody was trying to kill her.

Mia smacked her lips, sitting her fork down."Really Troi Troi?" She covered her ears.

She kicked her little legs as hard as she could until one of her sandals came off. "Stop!" I raised my voice making her cry harder. "Daddy sorry, Mama." I immediately apologized, attempting to pick her up while she squirmed in her high chair.

"It don't make no sense to be that jealous!" My Mama commented watching me wipe Troi's tears away with my thumb. She clung to me, holding the back of my shirt in her hand. "What she gone do when the Twins born?"

I rubbed her back, walking over to the stove. I seen Baked Tilapia, Sweet Corn, Vegetable Medley, Glazed Carrots, and Macaroni and Cheese. "I don't know but why you make all these Vegetables?" I asked grossed out; she cooked the worse kind.

"Because we need to start eating more of them."

"We don't gotta eat Carrots and nasty Peas." Mia pushed them around on her plate. She had ate everything besides her portion of vegetables.

"I know you better eat at least four spoonfuls." She said causing her to lay her head on the table dramatically.

My Mama got up to throw her plate away. "Come on so your Daddy can eat." She wiped her hands off, holding them out for Troi.

I felt her grip on my shirt tighten. "No!" She swatted her hands away with a scowl on her face.

"Your Daddy gotta eat little girl!" She reached for her again making Troi throw a fit.

"No no!" She yelled in my ear.

"I'm not hungry Mama." I lied, sitting down in her seat. I tried to sit Troi on the Island but she continued to hold onto me. "I'm not going nowhere."

"You lying and you better stop letting that Baby run you! Don't look at me!" She fussed as Troi stared in her face. "Looking just like your Mama."

"She getting mean like her too and clingy as fuck."

"You missing her real bad today, aren't you?" She got a plastic plate out the pantry.

"Yeah" I hated to admit it. I was really starting to come to my senses, I had done all this shit for nothing really. Nicole was my forever, I knew that.

"I know, I can feel it all over you." She fixed my plate for me. "You feeling lost?"

"A little bit"

"Pray more Baby."

"I have been"

"Mama always praying for you too." She reminded me. "Always"

After I ate I went ahead and took my kids' baths so Nicole wouldn't have to worry about it once I dropped them off. They had Daycare tomorrow so she already would have to get them up and ready by herself; that's what made being separated so hard. I was missing out on a lot of time with my kids. I got them every weekend and a night out the week if I wanted to, but shit wasn't the same. I felt like a Part-Time Daddy and I was missing out on the experience of my Unborn Twin Boys.

"You got it?" I asked Taejin as he walked ahead of me to the front door. He insisted on carrying all his stuff by himself.

"Yes Sir, me got it." He took his time going up the couple stairs. "Me ring it?"

"I'm holding Troi so you gotta knock." I demonstrated. "Knock hard like Daddy so your Mama can hear you."

He banged his fist against the glass until he seen Nicole's reflection. "I was hoping you would use your key, I was in the shower." She told me like I hadn't already noticed. Her hair, face, and body were wet.

"That's one of my towels?" She had a black towel wrapped around her that looked familiar and I knew it wasn't hers, all of her towels were either pink or turquoise.

"I didn't feel like doing laundry." She moved to the side so we could come in. "Sorry"

"I just was asking, shit not a big deal at all." I assured her. I followed behind her, watching her kiss Taejin with every step she took while he giggled.

She laid him in his bed before tucking him in and turning his Spider-Man nightlight on. "Goodnight my Pooh, Mommy loves you." She moved her hair from her face, leaning down to kiss him.

"Me love you too Mommy." He pecked her lips wrapping his arm around her neck. "Night night"

"Goodnight Killa" I bent over to hug my son, careful not to drop his sister on him. "I love you"

"Love you Daddy, you get my Apple Ju?" He looked up at me with hopeful eyes, scratching his nose.

"I got you man." I turned around to give Troi to Nicole but she continued to cling to me. I sighed "Troi now this shit starting to get annoying."

"I know it is and I'm too tired to play these games with her tonight." Nicole grabbed her from me ignoring her cries and whines. "You can't get your way all the time!" I heard her say as I left the room.

"Alright I'll see you." I told her heading for the door after we successfully put Troi to bed.

"Wait, I wanna talk to you about something." She mumbled from behind me. When I turned around she was just standing there playing with her fingers.

"What's up?"

"Sit down" She motioned for me to sit on the couch.

"I'm good. What is it Nicole?"

She tucked her lips into her mouth. "Ok well then I'll sit down." She walked over to the couch looking down at her feet.

I laughed to myself; she was beginning to waddle a little bit. She hated this stage of her pregnancy, but I always thought the shit was cute.

"What's up? I asked again. I was tired as fuck and ready to go back to my Mama house so I could crash.

"I want the Deeds to my house so I can get the Title in my name." She blurted out, ignoring my gaze.

I flexed my jaw trying my best to not say anything that would hurt her feelings. I wanted to say I couldn't believe she was asking me such a thing, but I could because it was just like her.

"What you need it for? The only reason you would is if you plan on selling it."

She kept her eyes on the ground, folding her arms across her chest. I chuckled "The Title already in your name, Dummy."

"Don't fucking call me dumb!"

"That's what you acting like." I told her calmly. "You know who the fuck I am, you asking me that ain't done shit but piss me off."

"Ok I wanna sell the house, so what!" She shrugged, raising her voice. "You left me-"

"So you bitter?"

She scoffed "Bitter? Why would I be? You're mine."

"I am?"

"Tae don't fucking play games with me." She looked down at her nails.

"You right, I left you so that makes me what? Single." I answered my own question. "If I wanted to go on dat-"

"With what bitches?" She barked, rising to her feet. "Don't fucking play with me Taelor Vincent Hills or I'll cut your dick off and you know I will." She got in my personal space, staring up at me. "Quit playing"

I smirked "Go to hell Nicole."

"I want the fucking Title!"

"You're not getting it." I said seriously, she had me fucked up. "You know that."

"Why?"

"You know the answer." I held eye contact with her as I dug through my pocket, getting out my keys. "Move into The Oddessey if you want to and see what I do."

She poked the inside of her check with her tongue, looking away. I kissed the corner of her mouth, rubbing her stomach. "See you tomorrow." We had a Doctors appointment scheduled for tomorrow to check on the twins.

I sat up in the bed immediately reaching for my gun as my alarm blasted beside me. "Damn" I had to laugh at my own self, turning it off and getting up. It was barely six and I wouldn't have been awake if I didn't have to be.

On my drive back to my Mom's last night I decided I'd drive back to the house in the morning and help Nicole get the kids ready.

"Can I go with you?" I heard Mia's voice behind me as soon as I walked out of my room. She must've heard my shower running. "I don't wanna go to camp since Cali isn't gonna be there." I forgot Julio, Korea, and the kids were going on vacation this week.

"Hurry up and get dressed, I'll be in my car. Make sure you write a note for Mama or something so she know you with me."

She gave me a closed mouth smile. "Thanks"

"So where are we going?" She got in my car, putting her seatbelt on.

"To my old house."

"What month does Nicole have the Twins again?" She questioned. "December or January?"

"Suppose to be early January but she probably gone have them Mid-December." I thought about how big she already had gotten and how small her frame was.  Nicole had a wagon behind her and titties I loved to stuff my face in, but she was really petite and there was no way she would be able to carry the Twins to full-term.

"They might be born on your Birthday." She got a little excited. "That would be cool! Don't you think?"

"I've thought about it a couple times."

"Hey Nicole" Mia spoke as soon as we entered the house. Nicole was in the kitchen packing Taejin's lunch.

"What you feeding my Son?" I threw my keys down on the Island. She had filled his Spider-Man lunch box with a Ham and Cheese Lunchable, a Fruit Juice, Mandarin Oranges, and Animal Crackers.

"You got eyes, look for yourself." She obviously had a lil attitude. She turned her head smiling at Mia. "Good Morning Mia. You didn't wanna go to camp?" She opened the refrigerator, getting out a container of Eggs.

My eyes wandered from her waist down to her ass. At six months pregnant with twins she was fine as fuck.

"No because Cali isn't gonna be there." She propped her head up with her arm sadly. "Why'd they have to go for a week?"

Nicole chuckled "Aw it's not that long love but if it makes you feel any better-" She paused. "I miss my Bestfriend already too."

Julio had offered to take Mia with them but she wanted a new PlayStation instead. Mia smiled at her, raising up in her seat. "What are you about to make?"

"Well I only have enough time for Omelettes. You want one?" She offered.

"Yes, thank you Nicole."

"You're welcome"

"I want one too." I knocked on the marble top.

She ignored me continuing to season her eggs. "I said I want one."

"I heard you"

"You gone make me a Omelette?" I eased up beside her, placing my hand on her stomach.

"Are you gonna give me the Title to my House?"

"No Nicole"

"Then there's your answer." She swung around hitting my arm with her hair as she got out a pan.

"Why you gotta be like that?" She didn't answer. "I buy you what you ask fo-"

"I didn't ask you for shit." She gritted out before looking into the living room where Mia had moved. She had the TV on Disney Channel. "You basically forced me to let you buy me a House."

"Either way it's yours and you tryna sell it. I bet you were gone go about it a sneaky ass way too."

"That's my business." She said smartly. "I'll use the money wisely, trust me."

I chuckled "Baby, I hate to show you who I've hidden from you for all these years." I warned her. "You pushing me Nicole."

"Yeah and maybe that's one of the reasons we're not together now." She stirred her eggs. "Go get your kids up please."

"Mia go get Taejin up for me." Nicole smacked her lips. "Just help him brush his teeth and wash his face."

"Ok, can you drop me off at Nicole's spa before y'all take them to Daycare? Or after? Layla and Ray will be there and I don't wanna go to the Doctors Office."

The Spa was really outta the way. "Yeah I got you." I waited until she left before I jacked Nicole up.

"Tae st-" I cut her off, picking her up and sitting her on the counter. I lifted her dress, not bothering to pull her panties down. My thumb came in contact with her clit causing her to throw her head back; holding onto my shoulders. "Ouuuu" She moaned, biting her lip.

*********

"I really fucking hate you." Nicole angrily sat her purse beside her on the hospital bed. "You think you can just give me head in the kitchen and that fixes everything?"

"I never said that." I kept scrolling through my phone. "I ate your pussy because I wanted to." I glanced at her, noticing she was clenching her legs together.

"You think I'm stupid? I know you have some malicious intentions!" I laughed, pissing her off. "You only did it so I would stop asking you for the Title but I know better than that."

"Don't ever try to outsmart me, Nicole." I really didn't feel like arguing with her.

"Don't ever underestimate me, Tae."

"I don't" I laughed again, I couldn't help it. "You want me to be your enemy so bad when really I'm not even out to get you."

"Yes you are! I know you are, I just know it!"

There was no getting through to her dumbass. "Ok Nicole"

She went silent and I thought she finally was ready to shut the fuck up, until she started back up with her bullshit. "I know you fucking that Jasmine bitch now too."

"How you know that?" I snapped, now sitting on the edge of my chair. She called herself being scared now. "Answer me, how the fuck would you know that?" I asked.

She shrugged, starting at the tile floor. "I swear you so fucking retarted." I closed my eyes, trying to not spazz on her. "You want me to be with her so bad, I might as well shoot my shot; take her out to eat or something."

"I wish the fuck your would Taelor!"

"I'm telling you right now that I am." I stated. "What you gone do about it? Cry, text your friends my business, or try to beat my ass? Which one?"

She full blown started sobbing. "I hate you!" She cried into her hands.

"That's why I tell you all the time don't try to get the upper-hand over me, Nicole. It'll work out like this every time." I told her bluntly while she continued to cry into her hands. "You'll end up crying and I'll be chilling just like I am right now."

"Leave me alone! I wish I didn't have kids by you, I-I'd never talk to y-you again!"

"Yeah well sometimes I wish the same thing." I picked up my Red Bull from beside my chair.

Her crying eventually died down until she was just sniffling. She dug through her purse getting out her emergency makeup bag, tissue, and her phone.

She still had her ugly crying face on and it was obvious she wasn't focused on shit she was doing. She smacked her lips, throwing her stuff back inside her purse. "Fuck it" I heard her mumble. "You really gone take that bitch on a date?"

"I said I was, didn't I?"

Our eyes met as tears welled back up in hers. "How could you?" She sniffed. "We only been broken up a couple months and you're already ready to take that bitch out?"

"That's what you suggested." I chuckled. "I'm just doing what you want me to do."

"Ok watch" She warned me. "As soon as my six weeks up I'm going out with every guy I missed out on because of you."

"Sounds Hoe-ish"

"Ugh!" She groaned, frustrated.

"Again, don't try to get the upper-hand on me."

"I'm serious, you just wait and see."

"Girl, I'll make sure none of them niggas live to even make it to your doorstep; fuck you talking bout." I scoffed.

"We're not toget-"

"You not going out with nobody." I was deadass and she knew it. "Not now and not when your six weeks up."

"You can't dictate what I do once I have these babies. You're no longer my man, so whatever I decide to do and whoever I decide to do it with won't be your problem." She pushed my buttons.

"If you want them bodies on your hands then that's on you, because I promise you ima hunt down every nigga that even think about coming your way." I was getting in my feelings just thinking about it.

"In other words you're not gonna let me be happy?"

"Call it what you want Nicole." I sat back. "If we not together then you're single, that's all there is to it. No dates- none of that."

"When did you become so controlling?"

"I'm not controlling you, you do what you want, I'm just telling you what ima do if you do it."

"Give me two" I demanded as we walked side by side to the parking lot. Our Doctor printed off four Sonograms and she was trying to be stingy.

"No!" She turned away from me.

"Ok Troi"

She started laughing but immediately cut herself off. "Don't make me laugh, I hate your ass!" She stormed off ahead of me.

"Girl give me two of the damn pictures." I watched her ass jiggle. "That's why you waddling!" I yelled behind her.

"Am I?" She gasped, stopping in her tracks like I knew she would. "I waddle?

"No I just wanted to catch up to you." I lied. She definitely was waddling, but I decided to be nice and protect her feelings.

"You going to your Spa?" I leaned up against the side of my car, watching her climb in hers.

"Yes" She sighed. "Why?"

"I was gone take you to get some food before we both start our day, I know you hungry." I was sure that Omelette she ate was long gone.

"I'd prefer not to eat anywhere with you but I'm not one to pass up a free meal. Where you wanna go?" She started her G-Wagon and put her shades on.

"You pick somewhere and I'll follow you." I closed her door for her, leaning in through her window. "Give me my pictures."

She let her window up on my ass, forcing me to move. I flipped her off as she laughed.

"IHOP, I should've known." I said shaking my head and sitting in the booth across from her. "I guess I can get a burger or something." I scanned through the menu, looking for the real food.

When I looked back up, Nicole's eyes were glued to me. "You really going on a date with her?"

"What you getting?" I changed the subject.

"Do you love me?" She answered my question with a question.

"You know I do." She sat back, folding her arms across her belly. I sighed "Yes, I love you." I gave her the answer she wanted.

"You'll do anything for me?"

"Anything"

She raised her eyebrow. "Kill her then"

"Ok, what can I start you two off with to drink?" Our Waitress came up to our table with a smile on her face. She was a heavyset lady with blonde curls and blue eyes. She held her notepad in her hand, looking between Nicole and I but my head was now elsewhere.

She cleared her throat, knocking me out my thoughts. Nicole looked away from me tucking her hair behind her ear.

"Uh- I'll take a Orange Juice." I tuned out whatever else she said, ready for her to leave so we could get back to what we were talking about.

"I can't do that." I told her once our waitress walked away.

"Why not? You said anything."

"What reason do you have to want that girl dead?"

"I don't like her."

"Because of shit you've come up with in your head." I pointed at her big ass head. "You're jealou-"

"I'M NOT JEALOUS!" She yelled making the whole restaurant go quiet.

"Yeah I'm not bout to do this with you." I threw a fifty on the table.

"So you just gone leave?" She asked as I stood to my feet. "You're the one that asked me to get food with you."

"You tripping" I looked her up and down. "I don't know if it's your hormones or if our problems got you cracking, but I don't wanna be around you right now."

"Ok, I'm sorry for embarrassing you." She apologized. I hated attention being drawn to me, especially over nonsense. "Sit down Tae" I kept my eyes on her as I slowly eased back down into my side of the booth. "It's just.... You killed Tanya for me." I personally didn't, but I had the job done. "I'm just asking for you to do it again."

"You comparing two totally different situations. Tanya disrespected you multiple times, y'all fought, she spoke on our son and your family, and she filed charges on you." I cleared my throat, checking my surroundings. "Jasmine ain't did shit to you. Only reason you can say you don't like her is because of that shit I pulled with bringing her to your spa, that's it Nicole."

"She wants you Tae."

"You know you real dangerous when you don't like somebody."

"Are you gonna do it or not?"

I laughed "Not"

"Why so you can take her out?"

"No, because you don't have a reason."

"To you! That's your opinion!"

"It's too much shit tied into that anyway." I sipped my drink. "I fired her, let that be enough."

She rolled her eyes, huffing and puffing. "That's not enough for me."

"What all you gotta do at your Spa today?"

"Don't try to change the subject." She called me out, holding eye contact with me as she drank her Water.

"Well I don't wanna talk about that shit anymore."

"Fine"

"Ima take your car to get washed and detailed tomorrow, so don't be surprised if you come outside and my shit parked in the driveway instead of yours." I still had a set of keys to her G-Wagon and she still carried the extra key to my Wraith in her purse.

"It is a little bit dirty." I agreed. I noticed all the pollen on her shit at the Doctors Office and it didn't help that it was red. "Is this how you want things to be now?"

"What do you mean?" I knew what she was getting at, but I wanted details.

"We're not together but you take care of me in every way; you get to do what you want, but I can't do shit."

"Nicol-"

"Tae" She looked me in my eyes. "Again, I'm sorry for throwing Troi in your face; twice. Have you forgave me yet?"

"No" I really hadn't and I didn't know when I would be able to. "Ain't shit changed though; we forever." I got up, going to the restroom hoping the food would be at the table by the time I came back.

********

Korea.

"Mommy I still can't hear!" Cali whined, wiggling her fingers around in her ears. We had just gotten off a 26 hour flight and we all were feeling every bit of it.

"Keep trying to pop them." I pushed Cari's stroller through the Airport, trying to find the baggage claim. If any of my bags were lost I was going to be sick.

"Stop walking so fast! Korea! Korea!" Julio shouted my name, embarrassing me. "Korea!"

I finally turned around, seeing him walking slower than a snail; holding his back.

I impatiently waited for him to catch up. "I told your ass them seats got my shit on fire and you wanna walk all fast."

"You gotta keep up Daddy." Cali held onto the handle of Cari's stroller.

"Oh shut up"

After we got our luggage, I made the executive decision to find somewhere for us to eat. The Resort we were staying at had a shuttle pick up Guest from the Airport every two hours; we had a little under a hour to wait and I was starving.

"What looks good to you?" I asked Cali as we walked down the long strip of restaurants.

"I like that place with the Jungle theme." She pointed at all the decor they had sitting outside the entrance.

"I was thinking the same thing." She smiled up at me. "Come on" There were a lot of people in the Airport, but the restaurant was luckily empty. We were seated in no time. Unfortunately, the kitchen staff were extremely slow so we had to take our food to go. I didn't mind and Cali didn't either, but Julio made a big deal about it and complained the entire ride to the Resort.

"I can't believe we're in Bali." I unlocked my phone, going to Snapchat to take some pictures. "Let's take a family picture." I held my phone out getting all of us in the frame. "Smile Pootie" I tickled Cari's stomach before pressing the white circle.

"That's cute, send that to me Mommy."

"Send it to me too."

"There's so much water everywhere!" Cali gasped excitedly as the shuttle pulled into the front of our Resort. "I know I'm gonna really like this place a lot!" She had her hands on the window, staring out at the view.

Julio got our bags from under the bus while I made sure the girls and I had all of our belongings. I was so anxious to see our rooms and to get in the bed.

"Mommy do they have WiFi?" Cali clicked away on her phone.

"Thank you" I smiled as one of the guest we rode the shuttle with held the door for me. "Yes Cali, there's WiFi but we aren't going to be on our phones the entire trip. I want you to really enjoying yourself without having technology."

"Yes ma'am" She put her phone in her purse without me having to tell her. "Can I sit down somewhere while you and Daddy wait in line?" Of course there was a line to check in.

"Yeah, right over there where I can see you." I pointed out a small seating area in the lobby. "Take your sister."

Julio passed me, following Cali. "Where are you going? You aren't gonna wait in line?"

"Nigga you a big girl, you got it." He wheeled all of our bags behind me, huffing and puffing.

"Welcome to Bali" The Receptionist finally greeted me after my thirty minute wait. "Do you have a reservation?" She looked like she was in her mid-twenties. She was a fair skinned woman with dark brown hair that she had styled in a low bun.

"Yes" I showed her my confirmation email.

"Great" She typed my information in. "Oh I'm sorry ma'am, but we'll need the new confirmation code." She smiled.

I was so confused. "What new code? That's the only one I received." I furrowed my brows. I had a lot of patience but at this point I was just ready to lay down.

She nodded, typing. "Based on the information I have in the system, it looks like a new confirmation code was sent to a different email address, but it's the same card on file."

I still was confused; I knew I only had one email. "What address is it?" I leaned over the counter, hoping she'd show me the computer screen.

She looked a little taken back. "RudeBoyJu@Yahoo.Com" She slightly turned her screen letting me see for myself. "It says here that you reserved one bedroo-"

"Oh no, I booked two rooms." I was really hoping Julio hadn't done what I thought he had did. "Was my reservation changed?"

She clicked away. "Yes ma'am, four days ago to be exact."

"There wouldn't be any other available rooms by any chance?" I already knew the answer.

"No ma'am, I'm sorry and in order to change your reservation back to two separate rooms it would've had to have been done within 24 hours." She gave me a small smile. "Would you like to still stay with us?"

"Yes" I sighed, angry as hell on the inside.

"What's wrong Mommy?" Cali stood up concerned.

I put the key in my back pocket before grabbing Cari's stroller from Julio, practically knocking him out the way.

He smacked his lips. "Nothing baby, come on." I answered her, booking it to the elevator. We were on the second floor and the whole way up I didn't say a word. I couldn't wait to lash into him once our kids weren't around.

"Mommy are you sure you're ok? You look mad." Cali asked again.

"I'm ok Cali"

"What room we in?" I heard Julio behind us.

"Ok so we're gonna take showers, eat, and head to bed." I unlocked the door, letting Cali in first. "Tomorrow morning we can go to the pool."

"I love this room!" She laid down on the bed. "We can see everything from here, Mommy! Daddy, look!" She yelled excited.

"I see, baby." Although Julio had pissed me off already, I was happy my baby was happy. "They should be bringing our bags up in a little bit so go ahead and start your shower. I'll bring your body wash to you in a minute."

"Ok" She ran into the bathroom, slamming the door behind her. Cari had fallen asleep during my wait time in line so I just left her in her stroller.

"Why'd you change the rooms?" I questioned Julio. He was sitting on the bed taking his sneakers off. "Then you chose a room with only one bed, don't you think that's stupid?"

"It's a King size bed." He said it like that made it right. "I didn't think we needed two rooms."

"And why didn't you tell me you decided to make changes?

"Korea this whole trip on my card."

"Because it's YOUR trip!" I raised my voice. I realized where I was and what I was doing; closing my eyes. "Julio just forget it." I dug through Cali's carry-on, getting her body wash.

After making sure both of our kids were bathed and fed, I went outside on the balcony to have time to myself. It wasn't even ten minutes before he was outside too. "Julio please leave me alone."

"I didn't come out here to bother you." I heard a lighter flick making me turn to look at him. He had a Backwood to his mouth. "Boo" He coughed. I shook my head, not even bothering to ask how he had weed. "I'm sorry for changing the rooms."

"I thought you didn't come out here to bother me?"

"Korea" He inhaled "I'm trying to apologize and you being an Ass."

"You were an Ass when you told me you didn't have to tell me you changed the reservation simply because you paid for the trip." I looked at him. "You're the one that invited me and you're also the one who insisted to pay for everything. I offered to pay for myself, remember?"

"Yeah"

"So don't try to hold that over me."

"Ok, I'm sorry about that too." He sat down beside me causing me to fan the air. I did not want the scent of weed in my hair or all over my body. "I figured you wanted two separate rooms and the petty in me just couldn't allow that shit." He admitted. "You think I got coodies or something?"

I laughed "No, I just honestly don't feel comfortable sleeping in the same room, let alone the same bed as you." I noticed the look on his face. "It's nothing personal." I didn't know how else to put it.

"I understand Korea, shit cool." He hit his blunt. "I'll have the shit fixed by tomorrow."

"There aren't any other rooms."

"I'll have it fixed by tomorrow." He repeated.

*******

Maurice.

"How much longer is he gonna be like this?" Leslie touched my arm making me jump. "I didn't mean to scare you."

"You're good and I wish I knew." I answered, watching Nic as I sat beside his hospital bed. "He begged me not to tell Nicole."

"This what- the third time?"

"Mhm" He slept peacefully with a slight frown on his face. His skin was pale, his lips were cracked, and his arms were bruised from where he had been shooting up.

He had overdosed twice now since the first time and each time was worse than the one before. I wasn't in the position the take on anyone else's problems, but at this point he had nobody and he needed someone; it just so happened to be me.

He felt like Nicole had given up on him and even if she hadn't, he had made it up in his mind that he wasn't going to burden her anymore. "Tae threatened him and beat him." My eyes stayed on Nic as I spoke.

"What?"

"He told me on our drive to the hospital."

"Rice tell me the full story because I'm extremely confused."

"He called me, told me he had been doing heroine and that he thought he was overdosing." I paused. "I found him in his bathroom with vomit and shit all over him. Obviously I had to clean him up so I did what I had to do- sobered him up as best I could and put him in my car. On the way here he was floating in and out of consciousness, but he could hear me when I asked him why he had done it again. He told me because he missed Nicole and Tae wouldn't let him be around her."

"What he mean Tae won't let him be around his sister?"

I licked my lips. "I know you're confused because I was until I really sat here and figured it out." My leg shook uncontrollably at the thought of how fucked up things were about to get. "You remember when Nicole told us she was going to Therapy with him?"

"Yeah but I thought that went well?"

"She never said." I glanced at her. "If Nicole's doesn't tell how something went then it didn't go well at all. I figured it's something involving their parents, most likely their dad. Neither one of them ever speak on him."

"So what Rice? That's a sensitive subject for them."

I shook my head, squeezing my eyes shut. "You're missing the point Leslie."

"Ok, I'm listening."

"Nic never told me what happened either and Nicholas tells me everything these days." I thought about his sex stories he filled me in on. "Literally everything"

"Ok" She followed.

"If neither one of them said anything then it had to have been about their Dad. I'm 100% positive Nic lied about something to cover up his overdose; he was terrified to tell Nicole. She told Tae and he obviously took things into his own hands."

"That would explain all those cut marks." She looked at Nic's limp body.

"Exactly"

"That's why you called me?"

"Yeah, I just had to tell somebody." I told her. "My bad if you were busy."

"I wasn't exactly busy but I was busy if you know what I mean."

"Tell Eve I apologize."

"Will do. You gone tell Nicole what Tae did?"

"We both know I got to."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

293K 11.6K 50
Jungkook's past pulled them together like two magnet ! And - Taehyung's past pushed them apart from each other like two different site of a magnet...
10.5K 753 28
*Sequel to Serendipitous* The funny thing about life is that it never goes exactly how one plans it to go. It has a way of taking your plans and twis...
9K 1K 14
A short and funny series. We have 2 male leads and 2 female leads. Hope you all enjoy... 1-18-22 #1 ignore COMPLETED UNEDITED
86.2K 2.4K 22
Your eyes remind me of someone... © @angel_sahr07 Started : October 2021 End : August 2022 (with two months hiatus) Book 2 : August 2022 End : Dece...