Break the Law For Me [complet...

By TealrootsG

[cringe city omg. read anything else but this] Coffee addicted Gerard Way is the new art teacher at Bellevil... More

o n e
mr way
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
halloween
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
weekend at frankie's
t w e n t y
t w e n t y o n e
t w e n t y t w o
christmas
t w e n t y f o u r
t w e n t y f i v e
t w e n t y s i x
t w e n t y s e v e n
t w e n t y e i g h t
flirty gee
t h i r t y
t h i r t y o n e
t h i r t y t w o
april 9
t h i r t y f o u r
losing my religion
worse than nicotine
t h i r t y s e v e n
house of wolves
t h i r t y n i n e
f o r t y
f o r t y o n e
beautiful disaster
f o r t y t h r e e
the end

s i x t e e n

461 16 14
By TealrootsG

Lately, Frank had been staying in after school to see Gerard, completely ignoring his work. Maybe it was a bit ridiculous –staying to hang out with his art teacher- but it was the only socialising he actually did. Plus, he reckoned his life would be so much more boring without him.

Sadly, it was Wednesday, and he hadn't seen Gerard at all as he hadn't been there in the morning and he hadn't had a single lesson of art. Truthfully, the main thing that'd been getting him through the day was knowing that that idiot's teal roots, pixie nose and pink-lipped smile was going to greet him when the school day was over.

Instead of paying attention in class, Frank had been revaluating why Gerard had become to mean so much to him. Honestly, the mere idea of having a crush on his art teacher terrified him. Also, he didn't have anyone to share this possibility with, so he couldn't exactly grab a hold of how stupid it was.

A whole day's thinking had gotten him to a narrowed down point: he only liked Gerard that way because he was lonely; they were simply misplaced feelings because Gerard was the only one that had shown him any affection. Anyway, that's what he tried to tell himself.

Finally, the bell shrieked, causing Frank to nearly jump out of his skin. He'd been dazed and hadn't fully registered that it was the end of the day. Taking a deep breath, he gathered his things, then made his way up to the art department.

Upon reaching the doors, Frank hesitated.

For the first time, he wasn't totally sure he wanted to stay. He didn't want his feelings to be confirmed. Though he had been avoiding his art assignments recently.

Grinding his lip ring between his teeth, he held his breath and edged through a narrow gap in the double doors. He trudged in to 169a, finding Gerard sat on one of the tables, absorbed in his work.

Frank smiled. Typical, he thought. That fluttery feeling flared in his chest, making his blood pound in his ears. Shaking his head, he attempted to just ignore it. It wasn't real.

"You're like a child." Frank chuckled, dumping his bag and coat.

Startled, Gerard's eyes snapped up, a scowl flashing across his features. When he saw it was Frank, it disappeared, replaced with a smile. "You are a child."

"I am not." He huffed. "As of yesterday, I officially turned eighteen."

"Ah, yes, but did your maturity turn eighteen?" Gerard retorted, raising his eyebrows, a smirk tugging at his lips. He closed the student's book he was marking, tossing it to the side to focus all his attention on his favourite student.

Admittedly quite shocked, Frank stood there with his mouth hanging open. "How dare you?"

"Quite easily." He sassed. Carding his fingers through his hair, Gerard slid off the table, adjusted the collar on his denim jacket, then walked to stand in front of Frank, who was still gaping at him –a little overdramatically. "Do you need help with that?"

"What?" He blinked.

"Containing your surprise at how witty my comebacks are."

Frank scoffed, hanging his head to hide his smile. "No."

Cocking his head to the side, Gerard hooked his thumbs through his belt loops as he slowly walked back to his desk. "You know, you've been slacking?"

"Yeah," he sighed, averting his gaze to the floor. "I know."

"And. . . What're you going to do about it?"

"Stay back after school to do it?" Frank replied innocently, rocking back and forth on his heels as he clasped his hands behind his back to stop himself from fidgeting.

"You already do that."

"I'll stay even later."

Giving a deadpan expression, Gerard rolled his eyes. "Come on, Frank, I can't ask you to stay even later, I'd feel guilty. But, what I can ask is that you try to concentrate, okay?" He reasoned as he fetched Frank's folder off the shelf, handing it to him. "I hate to get all teacher-y, but you do have two lots to complete."

Sighing, Frank tucked his hair behind his ears. "Don't remind me." He dug out his pencil case, slumping in to a seat at the desk closest to Gerard's. He reluctantly opened his art folder, flicking towards the piece he was working on last: a picture of Brendon smiling. A wave of sadness washed over him as he remembered the fun they'd had doing that photoshoot.

Sure, he saw Brendon yesterday at the party, but it hadn't gone very well.

"Hey," Gerard said softly, noticing he was slightly off today. "Are you okay?"

The last thing he needed was to cry in front of Gerard –and it was over something so small. Rubbing his tired eyes before any tears could surface, he nodded. "Yeah, I guess so."

He didn't buy it. Logging on to the computer, he connected it to the smartboard, then shot a glance at Frank, who looked up on cue. "How about some music to cheer you up?"

A smile spread across his face. Frank couldn't believe how goddamn kind this man was. "You don't have to do anything. . . I said I'm alright."

"Still." Gerard raised his eyebrows slightly. "Music is good any time." He rested his chin in his hand, switching his gaze between the screen and Frank. "Any requests?"

"Uhm. . ." He bit his lip, fiddling with the zip of his hoodie. "Do you know Palaye Royale?"

Gerard shook his head, beginning to type it in to YouTube.

"I only heard of them last week, they're pretty cool." He shrugged, tearing his eyes away from the screen to start to finish his drawing.

"If you like them, I probably will too."

"Yeah, they're kind of old fashioned, I think. I love their style."

Clicking on the first music video that popped up (Nervous Breakdown), Gerard raised his eyebrows. "What a great title."

"I know, right." Frank snorted. "Very relatable."

The introduction to the song blasted through the speakers, causing Gerard to mutter a string of profanities as it was extremely loud. Hastily, he turned the volume down, casting a glance at Frank. "You don't think we'll get told off for that, do you?"

Eyes still a little wide from that jolt that seemed to do the trick of finally waking him up properly, he slowly shook his head. "Hopefully not."

"Hopefully?"

He pressed his lips in to a thin line, eyes flickering to the doors. "I'd switch it off for a bit, just in case anyone comes to investigate."

"Right. I'm sorry there'll be no music after all." Gerard mumbled, running his fingers through his hair. He let out a deep breath, closed the tab, then shuffled over to see how Frank was getting on. "What do you think you can get done today?" He sent Frank a look to silently ask if it was okay that he inspect his work, to which the student nodded.

"This sketch, if I'm lucky." He sighed. "I can't get the perspective right."

"Want any help?" Gerard took a seat beside him, sitting on it cross legged.

"Yes, please." He slid it towards him, nibbling at his lip ring. At that moment, Gerard glanced over, and he got very slightly distracted by it, causing his gaze to travel down from Frank's eyes to his lips. Luckily, Frank had his attention focused on the drawing, so he didn't notice.

Shaking his head, Gerard cleared his throat, going back to the drawing. "You know," He tried to keep his tone level, "If you gridded it, it would be easier."

Sighing, Frank fixed his stare on Gerard's veiny hands, watching as he effortlessly sketched what Frank couldn't. "I know, I did it with the others."

"You couldn't be bothered doing it this time?"

"Nope." He popped the 'p'. He tiled his head, shuffling closer to get a better view of what Gerard was doing. "You're really good at art." He murmured, that fluttery feeling flaring in his chest when their shoulders touched and Gerard's tangled hair tickled his cheek.

"I should hope so." Gerard chuckled. "I am an art teacher."

"Yeah," Frank sighed deeply. "You're a teacher."

Just as Gerard opened his mouth to answer, the doors swung open, a crowd of girls emerging. Their heads snapped up at the same time, both wondering what was happening.

"Hello." Gerard furrowed his brows.

Anxiety weaved its way in to Frank's mind and he moved away, keeping his head down as he pretended he was engulfed in his assignment. Hopefully, they'd leave soon. He hated being around other people; they just made his self-consciousness soar, including the constant worry that they were judging him.

"Can we stay behind to catch up on our art?" One of the girls spoke up, placing her handbag on the table next to where they were sat.

No. Frank immediately thought.

"Sure." Gerard returned the pencil he'd been using, abandoning Frank to get all of the girl's folders down from the shelf.

Damn.

If he was fortunate, they wouldn't stay long –he prayed they wouldn't stay long. Even if they left at half four, allowing themselves forty five minutes, he and Gerard would only get half an hour alone. Frank knew how selfish, and probably pathetic, he was being, but he didn't exactly care.

Gerard disappeared for a good twenty minutes, helping each individual with their assignment before he came back. Frank stared at him as he took a chair beside him again. "I hope they don't think this is an afterschool club." He seethed quietly.

"Frank," Gerard rolled his eyes, though he understood his worry. "I can't stop them from coming."

"You can." He grinned cheekily. "It'd just be rude."

"Frank."

"At least ask them to quieten down?" He swallowed the lump in his throat, becoming more and more uncomfortable in their presence.

"Of course."

-

At last, after what seemed like ages, they left. It'd been a bit later than Frank had anticipated, and they'd stayed until ten to five –mostly chatting and ignoring what they were supposed to be doing.

Frank had been listening to music through his headphones, which had been embarrassing when he'd switched it on because it announced, very loudly, "power on." Frank's face had burned bright red and it was all he thought about the entire time.

To add to his dreary day, Gerard had spent the entire duration with the girls; basically doing their work for them. Gerard wasn't stupid and he knew they were making excuses as to why they couldn't do it and why they needed help, but he did it anyway. It'd been a lot easier than if he'd chosen to argue with them. Plus, Gerard was too kind for his own good.

The second they left, Frank let out a deep breath, relaxing, slouching in his chair as he removed his headphones. "Thank God." He muttered.

"Glad?" Gerard guessed, tidying away their folders that they'd carelessly strewn out.

"Yup."

"Me too." Frowning, he sorted through their work. "For how long they were here, they didn't seem to do much."

Frank's lips curled in to a sarcastic smile, "That's because you did it for them."

Sighing, Gerard shot him a deadpan glare. "Not all of it. . ."

Twisting in his chair to face him fully, Frank raised his eyebrows. "Come on, Gee."

"I know." He shoved them back on the shelf, almost tripping over his own feet as he stretched up. Balancing himself again, he re-tucked his shirt in to his jeans, a faint blush blooming on his cheeks.

To save him any embarrassment, Frank pretended he didn't notice. "You're too nice to be a teacher."

"Well," Gerard chewed his lip, sliding his hands in to his back pockets. "I don't want them to hate me."

"They wouldn't hate you." Frank said automatically, offering a small smile. "Every teacher shouts, it's pretty much expected."

Gerard's mind travelled back to the amount of incidents where Bert had yelled at him –sometimes even for nothing, or when he needed to let his anger out and Gerard happened to be there. Consequently, he grew frightened when someone raised their voice, and he didn't want to spark that fear in to any of his students.

It fell silent, and Frank sensed something was wrong. "Hey, Gee." He stood up, walked over and debated on whether giving him a hug was inappropriate or not –they'd done it before. "They wouldn't hate you. You know that, right?" Hesitantly, he took a step closer, tilting his head so he could see past the curtain of hair that was currently shielding Gerard's eyes. "Even if they did, you'd still have me."

Gerard chuckled, peering at him through his lashes. "Really?"

"Obviously." Frank wrapped an arm around him, pulling him in for a hug –because he'd decided he didn't care if it was unsuitable.

Taking a deep breath, he leaned in to Frank's chest, burying his head in the crook of his neck. "Thank you." He hummed contently. "You always cheer me up."

Frank didn't know what so say. He just smiled delightedly, closing his eyes as he brought a hand up to absentmindedly run his fingers through Gerard's hair.

The last time Frank had done that, it'd had an effect on Gerard. He wouldn't say it out loud, but he adored having his hair pulled or played with. It always sent shivers down his spine.

Breathing in, Gerard whispered, quite reluctantly, "Don't do that."

Furrowing his brows, Frank continued anyway, only slower. "Why not?"

Now it was Gerard's go to try and think of an answer that wasn't inappropriate. Unluckily, after a few minutes, he couldn't think of one. He certainly wasn't going to say something along the lines of: because it turns me on. So instead, he just moved back, cheeks blooming pinkish.

Frank let his hands drop back to his sides, stuffing them in the pockets of his hoodie.

Gerard scratched the back of his neck nervously, avoiding eye contact like his life depended on it. "It's getting late." He cleared his throat, adjusting the collar of his shirt as he suddenly felt hot.

Frank nodded. "The fact it gets dark at like half four makes it seem even later." He began to gather his things, while Gerard logged off the computer and snatched up his satchel, slinging it over his shoulder.

"True," he shrugged, "But I love the dark."

"Makes sense." A smirk tugged at the corner of his mouth as he cleared away his folder, grabbing his own bag.

Confused, Gerard mulled it over, walking towards the doors, where he held one open for Frank, who ducked past, but pivoted on his heel to face him, clearly amused.

Gerard still didn't get it. "What do you mean?"

"Well," Frank began, "You're pale, you have black hair and you love the dark; you're a vampire."

Gerard scoffed, shoving him playfully with his shoulder. "I'll take that as a compliment."

"You should. Vampires are rad."

They ventured through the halls in a comfortable silence, descending the stairs to the exit. Occasionally, they'd pass a member of staff and try to make it seem like they weren't together as friends.

At the main doors, Gerard held them open again. "After you."

"Why, thank you." Frank laughed, stepping out in to the dark. He breathed in the crisp air, the cold reaching his lungs. "I love it when it's like this. . . I love November."

A fond smile on his lips, Gerard watched as Frank stared up at the stars, a wide smile on his face, too. Then he remembered. "Oh," He gasped suddenly, "I forgot to ask: how was the party yesterday?"

Frank's posture sagged noticeably and all the memories of last night came racing back to him like a car on steroids. "Awful." He groaned, screwing his eyes shut.

"What happened. . ?" He questioned cautiously. The last thing he wanted to do was upset him. "Unless you don't want to talk about it. . ."

"No, it's fine." He dug his palms in to his eyes until he saw colourful sparkles. "I just. . . I hate parties, so I don't know why I went in the first place. It was loud, crowded and everyone was-" He paused, glancing at Gerard from the corner of his eye –not too sure he could say.

"Drunk?" Gerard finished. "You can tell me, I'm really not going to rat anyone out."

"Then, yes, they were drunk -I didn't have anything, though. . . Smells, and probably tastes, disgusting." Frank said quietly, searching for Gerard's reaction as he knew he liked to drink. "It can make you ill, too." He added tentatively. "My mum drinks, but I don't like it, so sometimes I hide it from her."

"Bad idea. Never mess with a person's buzz." Gerard chuckled, almost reaching to take Frank's hand as they walked to his car, but instantly yanked it back, reminding himself that Frank wasn't his boyfriend, he wasn't Bert. "I see why you do it, though. You care."

Frank nodded, shivering in the bitter wind. He realised they were now at Gerard's car and stopped. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Oh," He glanced around to see if there were any other people, "Do you want a lift home?"

"No, it's okay." He didn't want to be a bother. Gerard already did a lot for him, sometimes without even knowing. "I like walking home in the dark –as long as no one kidnaps me."

"I hope they don't." Gerard unlocked the car, chucked his bag on the passenger's side, then leaned on the car door as he smiled at Frank, who's heart did a flip. "I'll see you tomorrow."

He waved as he turned to leave. "See you later."

[Published 16 September 2019]
[Last edited 16 November 2019]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171K 9.3K 100
❝ @geeway commented on your post: damn baby you looking hella fine @frnkiero replied to your comment: sleaze ❞ {started 2 july, 2017. finish...
26.2K 369 28
After your mum died you distanced yourself from all of her friends and your dad has become abusive so starting you 2nd to last year in highschool at...
13.4K 198 35
Me and Gerard have been friends for a really long time. We're both juniors at Belleville high school. We both tend to get in a lot of trouble and g...
3.7K 149 26
TW IN ADVANCE: bl00d, sw34r1ng? s3xu4l content, s3lf h4rm, 1ntrus1v3/dark/s3xu4l th0ughts, 34t1ng d1s0rd3r Frank Iero is a senior in high school, he...