GAMES BY DIM LIGHT || Mature...

By MireyaZachani

Sixteen years ago, Melanie was supposed to be crashing a party on her birthday with her friend. It was a week... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24.
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
Author's Note
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
Author's Note
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
Note Of Thanks

CHAPTER 55

268 50 7
By MireyaZachani

    Songs for this chapter respectively:
      • Again and Again
      By Tatiana Manoise

      •In My Head
     Larry Gaga ft. Patoranking

      • Motivation
     By Normani

Jenna's POV

I looked up when i heard the door open and Heart stepped in, shut the door and leaned against it, staring back at me.

I was quiet for a brief second, watching him. He was handsome, no doubt. And with the way he had taken Lala out and how she had blown up with just seeing me in his bedroom, I was already thinking a lot of things. Normally, that would be enough to make him my new play thing, but something about him just didn't give me the guts to do it.

I would have made Lala eat her words for calling me a witch and simply go for Heart, make him fall for me like I did Barry and just walk away like that.

But he was different. And staying here longer is making me think like a weakling.

I turned around and snatched the keys on the dresser. The one I had gotten from the keys rack I found in his walk-in closet.

"Where are you going?"
He asked.

"Where do you keep your cars?"
I asked him, ignoring his questions which was rude actually.

"Where else? The parking lot. Underground."
He replied.

I shrugged and walked past him to the door but stopped to look at him, since he was literally standing in my way.

"Can you move?"

His scoffed and shook his head at me. "Really? Okay, what's the matter now? You were fine a while ago and. . . Is it about what she said?"

I scoffed and looked away like what he just said made no sense. Which was a lie.
"I could care less about what she said, Heart. I want to go home. That's what up."

"I'm that?"

He nodded to his shirt which was still on me.

"This? I wear worst than this, Heart. You just haven't seen it. Now, move."

He sighed and looked at me. I, on the other hand, refused to tear my gaze from his, daringly. But I was still seeing the sincerity in his eyes. Which was killing me right now. I needed to leave.

"I'm sorry about Lala. She's just angry and I'm sure you know why."

I shrugged. "That's not my problem."
I shrugged and step to the side to open the door but he didn't move. This was rather very irritating.
"Can you move? Okay, I stayed the night at your place and that was fun. Don't expect me to thank you for a tête a tête with you because of some stupid alcohol that got into my head last night. And your house is nice, but mine is cozier, so move aside."
I told him, hoping that would make him step aside for me.

But he didn't.

I sighed and cursed. "Guy, comot for road nau! Wetin?!"

"You're going no where in that and certainly not from my house. And secondly, you will take something before you leave."

I looked up at him. Who does he think he is to order me around like that. I smirked at him and folded my hands, leaned on one hip and raised an eyebrow at him. "Make me."
I told him.

He nodded, reached behind him and the next I heard was the clicking sound of the lock.

What the. . .

My mouth literally hung open as I looked from the side where his waist covered the door knob to his face which was still very unreadable.

"How dare you?!"

"You can either wait for your dress and I'll take you home or you stay here and that's it."

His cellphone rang and he reached for it. I rushed to the door as that was my cue to leave and what do you know? He didn't just lock it, he made away with the key!

I spun around to face him, but he had his back to me seriously focused on his call.

"I'm on leave, Tega."
He said, quietly.

He sighed after a short time and ran his fingers over his face.
"Okay. What about Dr. Andrew. He is supposed to be there today?"

Pause.

"Okay, okay. I'll be there."
I heard him say and I felt like laughing out loud but at the same time, I felt like I didn't want to do that anymore.

Odd.

He turned to me after ending the call. "Are you hungry?"

As if waiting for his question, my stomach made an embarrassing sound. I cleared my throat and looked away.

He smiled. "Try not run off. Please, can you do that for me?"

"What about your girlfriend?"

He frowned. "My what?"

I raised an eyebrow, instead of replying.

"Wait here. It doesn't matter. I'll make us something to eat."

Few minutes later, I was in his very large kitchen, laughing at his jokes and watching him cook, as he placed the deliciously looking breakfast in front of me. I swear, it made me swallow hard.

I looked up at him and he smiled, obviously acknowledging my surprise at his skill that I didn't know he had.

"So, what was the call for anyway?"
I asked, carefully avoiding the need to tell him how nice the food looked as I dug in.

He looked up from his meal and shook his head with a sigh. "We have a patient. I told them to place her on analgesic until she's stable till I get there."

"A government hospital has no sufficient doctor's?"

He looked up at me from his meal again and chuckled. "How are you sure it is a government hospital?"

"Isn't it?"
I raised my eyebrows at him.

He laughed. "No, it is not. If you know about Royals, then I'm sure it is not."

Royals?

"Wait. . . Royals hospital? That big ass hospital?"

He grinned, impressed. "You work there?"

"Yep."

"Cool. So, why aren't there any doctors available. There are. It is a complicated one."

I rolled my eyes because I wasn't getting it. "Whatever."
I muttered.

~•°•~

Mayor's POV

I looked up from my drink to the sound of Jamal laughing at what I had just said. I see nothing wrong with what I said just now. It was just a thing I said about Danielle who for the life of me, has not been able to get out of my head.

And the funny part of all this was that, I didn't even know why.

Jamal hit the table with one hand while holding onto his belly with the other hand as if trying to stop it from tearing him apart.

I won't blame him though. Here I was, sitting with all my brothers and Derrick who would bring up a snide comment about my dilemma, was simply not feeling the moment. Kendrick leaned back in his chair, smiling at how Jamal laughed but only a fool would see the happiness in that smile.

"Hold yourself, Jamal. It is not funny."
Derrick said, looking ahead at only God knows what.

"Of course it is not. My apologies, sorry." Jamal said and cleared his throat. He turned to me and chuckled, trying to hold his laughter.
"But, the truth is that I can't wrap my hands at any reason why a lady had to do that to you. Are you certain she's married or did she use that as a means to frustrate you, dude."
He said.

I shook my head and chuckled. He was really having fun with my case right now.

"Jam, you need to chill okay? Don't worry, this time for your breakthrough will soon come."
Kendrick said to him and picked up his drink, raised it towards Jamal and took a sip.

Jamal shook his head. "Nah, I'm okay with myself right now. I don't need no fucking breakthrough. With how y'all are looking so lost because of a woman. I think I'll just stick to being single. I love my bachelor's degree."
He said and laughed.

I joined in at his illustration of bachelor's degree. The guy is mad.

But honestly, no woman, married or single, had ever led me on a hard chase like this. I get what I want and I can't believe that the one woman I found attractive, who held my attention for more than five minutes, was obviously married!

I was going to carry on with the chase and make her fall for me, but then something about the way she carries herself, made me want to turn around and beg my pompous heart to calm the fuck down.

"This is nasty, honestly. I have to admit that love is a bitch."
Jamal said, cutting into my thoughts.

Derrick raised an eyebrow at him and he shrugged.
"I mean, look at it from my perspective."

"Your perceptive is stupid, Jam."
Kendrick cut in.

"No, really. Let me elaborate. Derrick was first to fall so fucking hard for Melanie and loom how it ended. They have officially called it off three weeks ago and he doesn't look too good." Jamal shook his head, looking at all of us with raised eyebrows.

Kendrick snickered and Derrick glared at him.

"I'm perfectly fine." Derrick said, turning to Jamal. "I gave her the space she needs and that's it. At least I know I will be seeing my son often."

"And her too."
Kendrick and I chorused and Jamal burst in laughter again.

Derrick looked at all three of us and shook his head. "Y'all are hopeless."
He muttered and picked up his drink.

"She's moving on, I can see. Her frequent dates with that skinny doctor seems to be going well though."
Kendrick said and shrugged, oblivious of the stare Derrick gave him.

"Yeah, I heard." Jamal said.

"Both of you need to chill. Derrick will blow up some head as it is right now."
I told them both and they turned to Derrick who sighed and lowered his gaze.

"Well, at least she's happy. I can't be her boyfriend and still be her pain, it is just shit. And all of you will stay away from her."

"We get it, Boss."
The rest of us chorused. It was kind of a mock reply and Derrick got it.

"I still admit that I'm trying to forget about what we both shared."
Derrick said.

"Which is impossible." Kendrick said. "Those females? They have something in their waist that's eating us up. We just have to find out."

Jamal shook his head at Kendrick. "No, I'm sure Derrick already checked and there's nothing on Melanie's waist. But you didn't even get past Lala's bra and she's already having fun with Heart. The name suits him, though."

"Say that again and I'll tear your brains out. She's not a hookie."
Kendrick said and I had to look up at him to he sire it was my brother. Defending Lala? Seriously?

This one got both Derrick and Jamal shocked as they both looked at him.

"Chill, dude. Geez. You want to really tear my brains out. But, seriously, isn't it so, Derrick?"

"I'm not talking about Melanie either, so shut up."
Derrick fired back.

Ooooooh Damn!!

Jamal smirked and nodded. "Okay, fair enough. See, that's the problem. I can't have this in my life."
He said and shook his head.

I looked down at the time and it was already time for my meeting, I looked up at my brothers who were already checking their wristwatches one by one.
"I have to scram, guys. Have a meeting to attend in a few minutes."
I told them.

"I need to get to Melanie. TJ has an appointment at the hospital in an hour."
Derrick said and was already up even before I was done talking and moving to the door, when he bumped into a lady.

God have mercy. The man was suddenly walking like the dead these days.

~•°•~

I was officially drained and needed to get my head on that sofa for a few minutes before I prepared for my next meeting.

I walked into my office with my secretary trailing fast behind me with the documents I had ordered for and Daniel beside me, filling me up on my schedule for today.

I pushed the door open and walked into the large office, dropped down in my chair and sighed, rubbing my hand over my face.

"Sir, are you okay?"
Daniel said to me.

I looked up at him and nodded. "Yes, go ahead."

"Okay, well. . ."

"I'm sorry to interrupt." My secretary said, looking from me to Daniel who had stopped talking.

"This just arrived this morning, sir."
She carefully slid the satin wrapped envelop to my side of the desk and I reached for it, turned it over and looked at it for a brief second.

I sighed and opened the envelop. It was an invitation to a party. I wasn't really into stuff like this but the fact that it came early would give me time to think about it.

"Okay, drop the folder and leave us."
I told her. She nodded, did what I asked and walked out of the office.

"Okay, so we have an anniversary with the  Grayson Wine Company tonight and it starts by 7p.m."

"I don't think I will be there so, you will get Maduka to represent me. What else?"

Daniel nodded. "Yes sir. That's all for today. Except the early flight you have to Canada tomorrow."

"Yeah, right."
I totally forgot that I had to go get my mum from Canada. She had been bugging me of how she would love to spend a month with all her children in Nigeria since we won't be free to get a time to travel and see her.

I nodded and waved my fingers at him to leave. He nodded and turned around to leave. I picked up the invitation card and stared at it. Then a thought popped into my head.

"Daniel?"

The young man who was already at the door, turned to me. "Yes Sir?"

"The next time you want to settle family issues, do it in the comfort of the fall walls of your house. I'm sure you know what that means?"
I looked up at him.

He stood frozen for a second, then scratched his head, looked at any other place but my face and nodded.
"I'm sorry about my sister, Sir."

"It won't happen again?"
I asked him with a smile.

"Yes Sir. It won't happen again."

"It better not. She's one feisty one, I can tell."

He laughed nervously. "Yes, she is. She's a doctor and I guess that fuelled up her feistiness."

"Hmm."

"Yes Sir."

"She better be careful. Tell her that. I guess you won't be able to tell her, considering how she nearly tore your brains apart the other day?"

He laughed. "Yeah, well we get like that sometimes. But she's the best twin ever."

"Twin?"

"She's my twin, Sir. Older twin. But not married yet, I wonder why. . ."

I looked up at him. "Not married yet?"

He paused. "Yes."
He answered slowly, looking at me like he was smelling a rat.

"See? Feisty."
I said and grinned.

Hmm. So, the vixen isn't married yet, huh?

Please, don't forget to vote and comment.
Love,
Mireya💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

564 70 19
Melanie Baker has a secret. She was once a perfect wife to her husband and she never complained about anything. She was content with her life and fo...
26.3K 2K 35
"We need to talk".... "I've got nun to say to you Carru. So leave me alone".... "I said, we need to talk!".... "Who do you think you are ordering me...
108 45 15
Hello everyone My name is Ada and this is my story, mostly. What do you do when your boyfriend breaks up with you on your birthday when you think he...
95.5K 3.4K 21
Anna is a perfect 18 years old girl with perfect grades. She is popular in school and has many friends. She's beautiful and feisty. She lives in an a...