Unpredictable // Ashton Irwin

By Love_is_war45

Courtney has it all, a loving boyfriend, a great job, brothers who love to protect her, and a dad that is alw... More

Unpredictable ~Ashton Irwin~
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
About the update
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
So uh, yeah..
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Epilogue

Chapter 38.

1.6K 43 1
By Love_is_war45

I don't like this chapter because it's mostly dialogue. oops?  Sorry if you don't either.

Courtney’s P.O.V

“Kyle, holy hell!” I screamed at him in shock. My heart was racing and I had to make sure I hadn’t pissed myself because of him.

“What are you doing here? How are you here?” I asked. He laughed softly, coming into my room and giving me a hug.

“I’ve missed you.” He whispered. I smiled as I wrapped my arms around him.

“I missed you too.” My eyes filled with tears, it had been too long since I last seen him. When he pulled away I wiped at my eyes while I moved back so I could sit on my bed.  Kyle sat down beside me and answered my questions.

“How come you’re here?” I crossed my legs as I waited for his answer.

“Calum had called me a week ago saying that they were going home and didn’t know if you would be allowed to go or not so they asked me if I could come over and stay with you. I had a little break time from work and I’ve missed you so I though why the hell not. Besides, I’d never pass up coming to England.”

I shoved his shoulder playfully. He laughed. “So when Calum called and said you were staying, I took the first flight I could get and came over; and with their help I got the address and made it here.” 

For the rest of the night we talked and laughed. He told me about his work experiences and how he was trying to get this girl he knew in high school to become his girlfriend. He told me about her, saying she was working in the reception area of the law firm he works at.

I told him more about the different places the tour took me and Braxton. He wanted to know everything about him. I showed him the ultra sound pictures I got. Kyle got mad at me as I made him take photos with me.

He was never the one to get his picture taken with. In the end, he gave up and took them. I took it a step further and posted them on Twitter. Kyle had one but since I did it in secret I thought better to put his handler in the tweet.

“So, I have another surprise.” Kyle mumbled as we laid on my bed in the early hours of the morning; both of us extremely tired.

“What’s that?” I wondered. He grinned sleepily at me.

“You’ll find out tomorrow.” Hearing him say that made me smile, now I couldn’t wait to sleep.

Ashton’s P.O.V*

It was early in the night as I sat on my mum’s couch, watching the television as my brother and sister were out with my mum buying some groceries. I wanted to go with them but every time I looked at my mum, she’d be looking at me with disappointed eyes.

I had come home and she smacked the upside of my head saying that I was careless for letting go of a great girl. That being before I told her how I truly felt about the whole situation. Even though my mum and Court have never actually met, she loves how brave she is.

My mum’s just upset at me because I had made the promise to be there for her and the baby and I was breaking it.

I was even disappointed in myself; it felt like I wasn’t good enough to be what they would need in a relationship. I just need that reassurance that my decision was the right one for me, and there’s only one person to give me that.

Before I could chicken out, I pulled my phone from my front pocket and called Court. My hands were shaking as I waited anxiously for her to pick up.

It’s been some time since I’ve actually spoken to her.

“Hello?” My eyebrows rose as it was not her voice that answered.

“James?” Why did he answer? Where was Courtney? She usually always answers her phone, I don’t think I have ever seen someone else use her phone, or answer her calls.

“Ashton, hey what are you doing?” He asked.

“I was just wondering if I could talk to Court; is she around?”

I stood up from the couch and headed out to my back porch. The warm sun was gone and in its place was a cold air.

“Yeah she’s just getting some food. I’ll pass you to her.” He said. I could hear the phone being taken away from his ear and then rustling before I heard her voice for the first time in a while.

“Hello?”  James didn’t tell her it was me so her voice was light and chirpy.

“Hey Court.” I mumbled. I didn’t want to be the reason her mood turned sour, or upset her.

“Ashton?” She seemed shocked that it was me on the other end of the line, talking to her. I bit my lip.

“Yeah, how have you been?”  I asked then mentally smacked myself for asking her such a stupid question. She probably doesn’t even want to talk to me since I was the one who sounded like a prick by breaking up with her.

“Good. Kyle and James are in until y’all get back. How’s Australia?” I shifted in my seat, feeling the nerves come back. This is going to be the most awkward conversation we’ve probably ever had.

“Warm. My brother and sister keep asking why I didn’t bring you with me; they both, plus my mum, want to meet you. “

“Oh, well I would love to meet them sometime.” She didn’t sound very convincing as her voice wavered a bit. Meeting an ex’s family for the first time after breaking up sounded like torture.

I shook my head, this small talk was not working; if I didn’t ask her soon then I would chicken out. So I built up all my courage and went for it.

“Actually there was a reason I called. I have to ask you something.” My palms became sweaty; it was feeling like I was breaking up with her again.

“What is it Ashton?”  She asked. I took note that she called me by my full name and not by my nick name I told her to call me the day after we met.

“I actually don’t know how to say this without sounded like a total dick. Everyone’s been down my throat about breaking up with you and I know it was wrong but I just need to think this through. Our relationship had just started when you were half way through your pregnancy and when Braxton is born we’d only would have been together for about five months. I just didn’t know if our relationship would have lasted through learning things about each other and raising a child.”

The words had tumbled out of my mouth without a filter and as I waited through her silence I wondered if I had said something that had upset her. When I heard her take a deep breath, my heart skipped a beat.

“Ash,” She sighed. “You broke up with me because you aren’t ready to do this. I could never blame you or make you stay. You didn’t do anything wrong so don’t feel guilty, you did what you think is right and I could never be mad at you for that. So you do whatever you have to do. If you think that somewhere along the line you want to be here then me and Braxton will be here, and if not then it’s still okay. I promise that I’ll be fine with whatever you chose.”

It was that conversation that made me feel better. I enjoyed the rest of the night on the back porch until my mum got back. I helped Harry and Lauren get ready for bed before I went downstairs. My mum had put the groceries away and was now flipping through the channels as she sat on the couch.

I plopped myself beside her. She smiled brightly at me before pulling me into her side. Even if I was twenty, I’d always give her hugs. As we sat there, I told her about my phone call. She still was a bit upset but better understood the situation.

The next morning I met up with Calum as he was heading to the beach. We brought some small fold out chairs that we placed against the water and then we sat in silence.

Even if I had cleared thing up with my mum, I still had my best mates to win back over. None of them were actually mad with me, just saddened in my decisions. So I decided I would start with the hardest one to win over since he’s the one who’s probably mad at me the most

“Courtney called me the other day, she loves the blanket.” He looked over at me, starting the conversation.

I smiled, remembering the first time I saw the blanket; I loved it and knew that she would too.

“I’m glad.” I told him. Calum looked back to the ocean, watching as the waves crashed against the sand by his feet.

“I called her last night.” He looked at me again, warily.

“Everyone’s been mad at me for doing something I believed was the right thing to do and I just had to talk to her about it. She is the only one who could talk to me and tell me I did the right thing for me.”

He looked at me with a face full of remorse. “You know we all still love you, it was more of a shock because you had always said you would be there for them. None of us are really mad at you. We know it’s going to be different for you than it is us since you two actually love each other.”

“I’m still going to be there for them just like you and Mikey and Luke. I just don’t think I’m ready for the responsibility of the relationship just yet.”

- Stay Beautiful <3 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

424 20 26
Two guys. Two sisters. One long trip. What could go wrong?
1M 34.7K 36
Ashton is okay right now. He's always like this after a bad bout. He starts off saying that the world is his oyster and he loves everyone, but when t...
1.2M 17.9K 79
[COMPLETED] Julia leaves her save hometown London for a new life in Sydney. She doesn't want to but her mom is getting a job there. She and her bro...
137K 3.4K 58
WARNING: THIS IS MY FIRST EVER BOOK SO DON'T EXPECT MUCH!! IT IS NOT GOOD AT ALL!! OKAY!! >>>>>><<<<<< A story of a girl that just wanted to meet he...