April Snowdrop (Thomas Shelby)

By yourstrulynix

⚘ ✰ ☾ ❥ ✧ ⋆ ❦ ༄ ↳ THE LEGEND SAYS: When God created snow, he gave it the t... More

𝒜𝓅𝓇𝒾𝓁 𝒮𝓃𝑜𝓌𝒹𝓇𝑜𝓅
𝕬𝖈𝖙 𝕺𝖓𝖊
𝒪𝓃𝑒
𝒯𝓌𝑜
𝒯𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒
𝐹𝑜𝓊𝓇
𝐹𝒾𝓋𝑒
𝒮𝒾𝓍
𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃
𝐸𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉
𝒩𝒾𝓃𝑒
𝒯𝑒𝓃
𝕬𝖈𝖙 𝕿𝖜𝖔
𝐸𝓁𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃
𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓁𝓋𝑒
𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃
𝐹𝑜𝓊𝓇𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃
𝒮𝒾𝓍𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃
𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃
𝐸𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃
𝒩𝒾𝓃𝑒𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃
𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎
𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝒪𝓃𝑒
𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝒯𝓌𝑜
𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝒯𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒
𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝐹𝑜𝓊𝓇
𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝐹𝒾𝓋𝑒
𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝒮𝒾𝓍
𝕬𝖈𝖙 𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊
𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃
𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝐸𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉
𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝒩𝒾𝓃𝑒
𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎
𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝒪𝓃𝑒
𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝒯𝓌𝑜
𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝒯𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒
𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝐹𝑜𝓊𝓇
𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝐹𝒾𝓋𝑒
𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝒮𝒾𝓍
𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃
𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝐸𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉
𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝒩𝒾𝓃𝑒
𝐹𝑜𝓇𝓉𝓎
𝐹𝑜𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝒪𝓃𝑒

𝐹𝒾𝒻𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃

18.1K 593 116
By yourstrulynix

OLD FRIENDS

SHIFTING SLIGHTLY Deborah began to wake up, as her eyes slowly opened and adjusted to the darkness of the cabin. When she moved to sit up, she noticed that Tommy was sleeping peaceful, curled up against her. After eating yesterday, she had crawled back into bed alone. Tommy must have simply shifted her body so he could lay behind her, forgetting the tension still between them.

Deborah rolled over carefully and stared up at the man she loved, despite his habit of keeping things from her. She softly traced the cuts that covered his peaceful face, slowly trailing her finger across his lips. Although he could drive her insane, Deborah was reminded of the reasons she loved him, as his lips curled into a smile.

"What are you doing?" Tommy whispered, kissing the pad of her thumb.

"Reminding myself why I put up with your shit." Deborah admitted, resting her hand on his cheek.

"And the reason is?" Tommy questioned, gazing down at her.

"Your money." She teased, while trying to keep a straight face.

Tommy scoffed and pulled his face away from her soft touch. "Fuck off." He chuckled.

"I'm joking." She giggled, grabbing his chin to make him look at her again. She leaned up and placed a soft kiss against his cut lips. "It's because I love you."

"I love you too." He smirked, kissing her once more. "Although, there's times I ask myself why."

Once they had stopped their teasing and shared a long, lingering kiss, the two left the cabin and joined Curly on deck. He informed them they had arrived at Camden Town and while Tommy spoke to the older man about their trip home, Deborah made her way off the boat and examined the area. Suddenly, the brunette new exactly where she was and she was ashamed that she hadn't realised sooner.

"Alright, lets go." Tommy said, standing beside her on the docks.

Deborah reached out and grabbed his hand, as he began to walk away. "Tommy...this is my hometown." She revealed, staring into his blue eyes, although one was slightly bloodshot.

"Camden Town?" Tommy checked, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion. "This was where you lived before you ran away?"

"Yeah." Deborah nodded, looking around the busy dock. "This is where my mother met my father and raised me."

Tommy looked unsure of what to say, it was a surprise and he had no clue how she felt being back. "Do you want stay on the boat with Curly?" He suggested.

"No. I was actually thinking of looking around, see if I recognise any of the shops or people." Deborah asked, turning back around to face him.

"Deb..." Tommy sighed, looking conflicted. "Sabini's men are looking for you and we're in his territory."

Deborah stepped forward and wrapped her arms around Tommy's neck, being cautious of his injuries. "I'll be half an hour and very careful. I know every alleyway in this town, I'll know where to hide." She explained, trying to convince him. "I have my gun and knife."

"Fine." Tommy groaned, throwing his arms around her waist. "But you have to be at the bakery in half an hour, no later." He warned her.

"I love you." Deborah grinned, reaching up to kiss him deeply.

"Mm, love you too." He mumbled, slowly pulling away. "The bakery is down that street and it's on your right. It's called S. Bakery, you can't miss it."

"Got it." She nodded, stepping backwards. "I'll see you soon." The brunette promised, as she began walking away.

"Half an hour." Tommy called after her, receiving a thumbs up in response.

Walking down the familiar streets, Deborah got a sudden sense of nostalgia as she noticed all the shops and pubs. The old town hadn't changed in the last eighteen years since she had been gone and it brought a sense of comfort. Being back brought all the happy memories she had as a child, like walking to the local bakery with her mother as a little girl. The flashbacks of her brothers chasing her down the streets came back. It was incredible.

Deborah walked for a few minutes, until she reached the street where her old home was. The granite attached houses were all still intact and looked the exact same. The women glanced around, before she caught sight of one place in particular she was looking for. She rushed towards the small shop at the end of the street, bumping into a few on goers, but she was too excited to care.

The bell at the top of the door rang as Deborah walked in, making her entrance known to the owner. While the name of the shop and the outside interior were still the exact same, the inside had changed quite a bit. There was a lot more products, most of which were alcohol and cigarettes, but the amount of rum in particular surprised Deborah.

"Good evening Miss, can I help you with anything?" A voice pulled Deborah from her thoughts.

The brunette turned around towards the counter and found a young women, around her age, leaning her elbows against the counter. She was blonde, tall, with striking green eyes and a figure quite like Deborah's. The smile on her face was warm and welcoming, showing her kind personality. However, Deborah couldn't shake the feeling of how familiar the women was.

"Miss?" The women called, breaking Deborah's staring.

The brunette shook her head and walked towards the counter. "Hi , sorry, I was a bit distracted." She apologised, once she stood across from the women.

"No problem." The women assured, still smiling. "Is there anything I can do for you?"

"Yes actually, I'm looking for Mrs. O'Neale?" Deborah asked.

The women furrowed her eyebrows and her welcoming smile dropped to a frown. "Mrs. O'Neale doesn't work here anymore." She informed her.

"But the shop is still called O'Neale's." Deborah pointed out, eyeing the women. It was obvious she was hiding something and Deborah was already reaching inside her purse in case things went bad. "Please Miss, tell her an old friend is asking for her."

"May I ask who this old friend is?" The women said, crossing her arms.

"Deborah Rose." Deborah revealed, although she decided to use her mother's maiden name. "Tell her its Darcy Rose's daughter."

The women behind the counters jaw dropped and eyes widened at Deborah's words. She suddenly went pale in the face and looked beyond speechless as she struggled for a reply. Deborah wasn't sure what caused her reaction, she had been careful not to mention her father's surname.

"Is there a problem?" Deborah snapped, after the women continued to stare at her in shock.

"Deborah?" The women repeated, finally finding her voice. "Is that really you?"

The brunette stared at the women across her in confusion. "Yes and you are?"

"It's me." The women gestured to herself, although Deborah still hadn't a clue what was going on. "Lily O'Neale." She revealed.

It was now Deborah's turn to stare at the women in shock, as the name rang through her ears. It all made sense, she looked so familiar, yet different to the girl she once was. That was expected though, it had been years since the two had last seen each other.

"Lily?" Deborah asked in shock, staring at her childhood best friend. "Fuck, it really is."

The blonde women, Lily, ran out from behind the counter and launched herself into her old friends arms. The two women sobbed as they embraced, clutching on to each other in fear of what would happen if they let go.

After a few minutes, Deborah was the first to pull away. "I can't believe it's you." She whispered.

"You can't believe it?" Lily sobbed, placing her hands on the brunette's cheeks. "Deb, I thought you were dead." She revealed. "Everyone thought you were dead, even your own brothers."

"I'm alive and well." Deborah smiled, tears still streaming down her face.

"Where did you go? Where have you been? What happened to your face?" Lily rushed out, looking frazzled by everything. "Christ, do your brothers know you're alive?"

Deborah urged her friend to sit up on the counter and soon joined her. They linked hands, as they overcame the shock from moments ago, finally coming to terms that this was all reality.

"I'm going to tell you what happened to me, but promise you'll listen before you ask anymore questions?" Deborah begged her friend.

"Promise." Lily nodded, urging the brunette to continue.

"I ran away after dealing with my fathers abuse for almost three years. I got on a random boat and it brought me to Birmingham, where I ended up on the doorstep of a women. The women, Polly, took me in and made me part of her family." Deborah explained. "I've been living there, with the Shelby family, for the last eighteen years."

"What are you doing back here? It doesn't seem like you've moved back." Lily said, eyes locked on Deborah's.

"I have business here with my fiancé." She revealed, cringing at the title she had given Tommy. Technically he wasn't her fiancé until he re-proposed, but lover didn't sound right.

"Business? Fiancé?" Lily repeated, digging for answers.

"Thomas Shelby." Deborah smiled at the thought of him. "One of Polly's nephews. We've been together for years now, since we were young. The Shelby family have business in betting and horse racing. You might know of us as the Peaky Blinders?"

Lily's eyes widened at the name of the feared gang. "You know the Peaky Blinders?" She gasped.

"I am one, thats where I got all the cuts and bruises from." Deborah revealed, while pulling out a cigarette. "Can I smoke?" She asked.

"You smoke?" Lily said, looking impressed.

"I've been smoking since I was twelve." The brunette chuckled, biting her cigarette. "A bad habit I picked up from the Shelby men."

"What about your brother's? Do they know you're alive and apart of a gang?" Lily questioned.

Deborah sighed and leaned back on her hands. "I've been in contact with Nick for a few years now but I haven't talked to the other one yet."

They feel into a comfortable silence, as Deborah enjoyed her cigarette and Lily took her time to process all the new information. It was a lot for two people who never thought they would see each other again.

"What happened to your mum?" Deborah spoke up, referring to Lily's strange behaviour earlier.

Lily frowned and looked down at her hands. "She passed away about a year ago."

"Oh Lil." Deborah gasped, grabbing her friends hands in her own. "I had no idea."

"Obviously." Lily joked, trying to stop the tears from falling. "It's okay, she died peacefully after an awful flu took her."

"I'm so sorry." The brunette whispered. "She left you the shop?"

"Yeah." The blonde nodded, wiping her eyes. "You remember how she always promised me I would own it one day."

"And I would help my brothers supply the goods." Deborah nodded, reminiscing on her childhood memories. "At least one of those things came true."

"Well technically they both did." Lily hummed, before noticing how confused her friend looked. "Your brother, he took over the family business and supplies the shop with the rum and bread." The women explained.

"My brother's here?" Deborah gasped, heart thumping. "In Camden Town?" She questioned.

"Yeah, he's still in that old bakery your dad owned." Lily revealed, oblivious to her friend's change in attitude.

"The bakery?" Deborah whispered, as her hands began to shake and her whole body went in to shock. "Tommy." She realised.

"Deb, whats wrong?" Lily asked, now noticing her friend's shaking.

Deborah jumped down from the counter and looked around for paper and a pen. When she had found what she was looking for, she scribbled something down on it and quickly gave her friend a hug, before walking towards the shop door.

"Lily, thats my address in Birmingham." Deborah said, pointing to the note on the counter. "Write to me soon, but right now I have to go. I'm sorry."

Before Lily could respond, Deborah ran out on the shop and away from her old childhood home. She rushed through the crowds of people and found herself going through the back alleys to quicken her pace. Finally, she reached the docks and followed the directions Tommy had given her earlier, although she didn't need them, she knew exactly where to go.

Banging her fists against the doors of the familiar bakery, Deborah ignored the horrible memories that flooded back to her at the sight of the building. She yelled and continued her banging, when finally a young man, opened the doors. Not saying a word to him, she ran into the building and through the hallways filled with men and barrels of rum.

The workers turned to look at the young women rushing through the building, a few of them attempting to stop her. Her father's old office door came into sight and Deborah dodged the men who tried to grab her and opened the door with a bang.

"Tommy." Deborah said, gasping for breath. She locked eyes with the familiar blue ones and sighed in relied. "You're okay."

"Who the fuck is this?"

The voice sent shivers down her spin as Deborah's head began to spin from the lack of air and shock. She turned to face the man across from Tommy and while he had aged and grown a beard, he was still recognisable. Tommy, who was clueless to the whole situation, jumped from his seat as Alfie pointed his gun towards the women by the door. He rushed in from of her and grasped her face in his hands.

"Deb, what the bloody hell is going on?" He questioned, pulling her gaze from the man at the desk.

"I might as well ask again." The man holding the gun spoke up. "Who the fuck is this?"

Tommy sent Deborah a look, warning her to be quiet, as he turned to face the man. "This is Deborah Rose, my fiancé." He announced, stepping aside slightly.

The man froze at Tommy's words and the gun he held, dropped to his desk as his whole body went into shock. He stared at the women across from him for a moment, but he finally snapped out of it and narrowed his gaze.

"Pebble." He muttered, surprising Tommy with the nickname.

"Hi Alfie." Deborah whispered, staring her brother dead in the eye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 3K 17
FOR THE ONE WHO STAYED ─ A peaky blinders fanfiction ━ IN WHICH, Elizabeth Shelby has to come to terms with the fact that sharing a name does not nec...
25.8K 785 41
❝And I love you; for that, I vow that my absence will plague you for the rest of your cursed days. ❞ Tommy Shelby x female!oc Peaky Blinders season t...
491K 10.8K 29
When Thomas Shelby returns from war, he doesn't expect the nurse who stitched him up to be in his hometown. He didn't expect her to be Charlie Strong...