Truly-Madly-Deeply Assistant

By ZaraPenn

Avery had big dreams but Jared, who can't seem to function without her, doesn't feel like letting her go. Is... More

Part One - First
Hurricane
All I need
She is gone
Change
Breakfast at Jared's
Games by the pool
Ups and the downs
Chances pt. 1
Chances pt. 2
Chances pt. 3 - Leaving
Summer special - The show
Summer Special - The after-party
Bitter welcomes
Medicate
Her favorite song
Shotgun
My way or the high way
One day
'A man on fire'
'A violent desire'
'Do you wanna cross the line?'
Morning Coffee
One in a million
This is us
Morning fluff
Flashback - Lily
Protective or selfish
Here goes nothing
Acceptance
Commit to the bit
Above the clouds
Homecoming
Flashback - You'll never know
Little truths
LA!Buzz - The gossip
The one with all the feelings
Out and About
Family issues
Flashback - All I have
The gift
Shadows of the past
A night apart
Take the car
Another day another girl
talk!showtime
New Year's Eve - Morning
New Year
It's over
Farewell
Flashback - The Oscars moment
Apart - phone calls
Apart - the bully
Apart - breaking point
Surprising Mr. Leto
Highs, lows and higher
His past
I don't
The Event pt. 1
The Event pt. 2
Morning news
Flashback - Backlash
LA!Buzz - The real deal
Hobbies
City of Exes
Flashback - Forever mine
Home
Capricorn and the pushover
Hurt
Hot and steamy
Untitled
The test of feelings
Leaving night
Friend or foe
Tips and tricks
Flashback - Scattered memories
Comfort pt. 1
Comfort pt. 2
Long distance
Moving on
Choosing dreams
Intimacy
Back to us
Brother's leftover
Just saying...
Mother in town
Taking control
Surrender
The new home
Stubborn mind, aching heart
Housewarming
Behind closed doors
Baby talk pt. 1
Baby talk pt. 2
A day in the life
LA!Buzz - Drama alert
Small town girl
Birthday surprise pt. 1
Birthday surprise pt. 2
Her past
Home big Home
Camp
Change is coming
Our life, our rules pt. 1
Our life, our rules pt. 2 - Ending

A year wiser

688 18 18
By ZaraPenn

Thank you for all the lovely and encouraging comments of the last chapter!
Please feel free to write me in private about anything, also if you would like to read about something in the story <3

I know it is a bit longer part, but again, I couldn't leave any parts out, I already jumped a lot more than I used to between "scenes" but also didn't want to make this into two parts; hope you don't mind.

Thank you, enjoy!

On the twenty sixth of December I woke up to the sound of heavy rain hitting the windowpane and I moaned, pulling the soft blanket more up on my body, instantly getting a cozy feeling.

The sound of rain was so calming and cozy I smiled lightly as I breathed deep, slowly opening my eyes.

I was facing Jared's side, so this time I could realize in an instant that this morning, again he is not around, and dull sadness took over me for a moment.

I turned to my back rubbing my eyes then checking the time, I saw it was only eight in the morning.

I closed back my eyes resting a bit more a bit disappointed that I couldn't execute my plans of waking up my love in that special way I planned out last night.

I slowly got out of bed and walked to the bathroom to change into some comfy clothes, put my hair in a ponytail as I combed the long locks through.

I suddenly got this idea of cutting it. It started getting out of control and in a month or two I won't even be able to sit without it bothering me. To be honest it looked kind of plain and boring. Now that Jared and I are together maybe I should step up my game when it comes to looks and fashion, so I won't look that dull next to someone like him.

Sighing I walked downstairs.

It was still dark and foggy outside and reaching the bottom of the stairs I didn't see any light on either in the living room or kitchen area, but I heard a sound from the kitchen, so I turned and walked to the doorway.

Jared was sitting by the table, looking out of the window into the gray, rainy weather, sipping coffee.

He only had sweatpants and a robe on, his hair a mess around his face.

I felt like just going there, whining why he left me again, but I also didn't want to look like a desperate baby, so I just spoke up gently.

"You're up so early," I said still standing in the doorway as he jumped in surprise, turning his head towards me and smile appeared on his face.

"You too," he said, turning more on the chair motioning me to him.

"I woke up to the rain, I guess," I shrugged walking closer.

"Yeah and I'm just over rested; I'm not used to sleeping this much," he smiled, reaching for my hand and as I took it, he pulled me into his lap, looking up to me.

"Happy Birthday," I smiled caressing his growing beard in place with my palms and he just rolled his eyes.

"Happy for whom? I'm only getting older from now on," he stated, and I chuckled, as I kept caressing his hairy cheeks.

"Only wiser," I whispered playfully, and he snorted.

"Yeah... well about that... at least I'm a bit less pathetic, because I have you," he smiled hugging my waist around, pecking my smiley lips.

"This could be one of the reasons, yes," I grinned sweetly, and he just smiled up to me then lowered his head to rest it against my chest, hugging me tighter.

I smiled hugging him back around his neck and caressed his hair.

"More," he mumbled.

I chuckled quietly as I pressed a long kiss on top of his head, leaving my lips to linger there for long moments as I twirled his hair around my finger.

He placed a soft kiss onto my chest, through my shirt then laid his head back onto by breasts.

I just kept caressing and playing with the locks of his hair placing my chin on top of his head, looking out of the window with a light smile.

After a minute or two I turned my head, now resting my cheek on Jared's head and my look stopped on Constance who was standing in the door with her palms resting on her chest where her heart is, with an emotional smile on her face.

I sent a light smile to her and enjoyed the last of this rare moment of Jared letting me cradle him, before Constance lets us know about her presence and he jumps up.

Moments like this what had me fall for him years ago and keeps me assured that he still is just like everyone else. He might doesn't show his feelings to people and you never hear him complain but he needs care as well; he has a soul and heart as well, no matter what people are saying about him.

"Good Morning, sweeties," Constance smiled brightly, walking into the kitchen and in that very moment Jared lifted his head, sat up a bit more, smiling to his Mom.

"Morning Mom. There is some coffee if you would like some; I made it like twenty minutes ago," Jared smiled as he caressed my back then smiled at me lightly, caressing my ponytail through.

"Yes, thank you," she smiled as she poured some then grinned at us excited as she hurried out of the kitchen.

We looked after her with a frown and Jared shook his head with a smile.

"She is planning something. Please, bury me," he mumbled pushing his face into my neck and I chuckled.

"Come on! Cheer up! This is the first birthday of yours I got to be at," I smiled, and he frowned.

"That's not true!"

"Okay, I mean the actual birthday day," I explained.

"Ah... yeah, wow... well, enjoy instead of me too," he had a mischievous smile on, by now I swear he only whined about it to annoy me and I narrowed my eyes looking at him and he grinned back sweetly, his eyes shining.

"Come here, you," I smiled as I turned, swinging my leg to his other side to face him and cupping his cheeks I kissed him slow, but the more passionate our tongues played with each other the deeper it got, our wet lips molding together, I drove my hand up into his hair and he let out a light moan as I pushed my chest to his bare one.

Just as suddenly as I started it, I quickly pulled away from him, making him lean in for more, but I stopped him, keeping him away with my palms on his chest.

"The rest you get after I see you enjoying your special day," I smiled, and I saw his gaze traveling to my lips as I licked them.

"You know I have a higher chance for a heart attack from now on," he breathed, and I burst into laughing and he grinned kissing my lips, then pulled on my bottom one with his teeth gently. "I love your playful side, baby," he smiled.

A couple hours later I was standing above the laid-out ingredients of the blueberry pie I was about to make with one crucial thing missing; the recipe. I was planning to ask my mother to send it to me but no way I will ask anything from her after what she said to me yesterday.

Without her recipe it wouldn't be the same because I had no idea how she elevated some of the ingredients what is usually not needed to a pie.

I sighed nervously, tapping with my fingers on the counter when Constance stepped next to me and whispered.

"So, my sister, Sheryl and her son, Brian and his family are going to come later on. They haven't seen Jared and Shannon for two years now, as last year Anna, Brian's wife was heavily pregnant  with the twins. It's gonna be a surprise for both boys. I'm sorry for this family gathering, I hope you don't mind," she laid her hand on my back and I nodded.

"It's... it is fine, of course," I forced a smile thinking just how many people will have to force themselves to act like they like my pie.

"Let me know when you are done, I will be starting on the food then," she smiled, and I looked at her uncertain.

"I... I don't know Constance, I'm not sure I can do this..." I admitted biting on my lip nervously, but she just smiled gently.

"Would you like a Sous-Chef? I'd be happy to help," she offered.

"If you could...? Just to navigate me... I really am... kind of rusty in baking..."

"Don't worry, Avery. Let's see what we got here," she smiled putting on her apron and I looked at her with a thankful smile.

Cooking together with Constance was so calming and fun. She guided me through everything and explained the reasons behind some of the flavorings. I ended up enjoying it and what came out did look pretty appetizing.

After that the least I could do is to help out in cooking some of her signature dishes and seemed like she was more than excited to share her knowledge with me.

She was such an opposite to my mom. She was carefree and spontaneous. Some of her recipes sounded quite unappetizing but ended up looking great and tasting even better.

She admitted, some of them really came around as spontaneous dishes from when she didn't have much and had to work with what she could afford and still make it interesting and delicious so her sons would enjoy eating them.

I loved the stories attached to each dish. It gave me more insight to her and her sons' life when they were struggling. I saw how proud she is now of her own self and Jared and Shannon. It was truly inspiring to listen.

"Jared, Shannon, are you ready?" shouted Constance upstairs as we were standing in the hallway of the house while the guests were waiting outside for the surprise visit.

"Yeah... yeah," sighed Jared walking down the stairs in his signature blue floral Gucci pants and a flannel shirt, a total unmatch, if you ask me, while Shannon was behind him with a blue shirt and blue jeans.

"Oh, look at all these blue-s," smiled Constance.

"You could at least tell where we are going," sighed Jared combing his hair back with his fingers.

"It's a birthday surprise," smiled his Mom stepping to him to cup his face. "Happy Birthday, darling."

"Thanks," he smiled. "But I told you I would rather just have Christmas this year," he stated bored.

"So how does it feel to be forty-seven," grinned Shannon into his face and Jared just rolled his eyes. "What's the big deal, Jay, age is just a number, you are as old as you feel," he said patting his shoulders.

"You two boys have nothing to worry about. Your genes are blessed," their Mom smiled. "Now, come, you gonna love this!" she grinned and turned to open the door where their relatives were standing with huge smiles.

"Hello family!" Brian grinned with a wave and they all gathered into the hallway and I peeked to Jared who was standing there stunned with wide open mouth.

"I can't fucking believe!!" he squeaked amazed as his big eyes wandered through the people.

"Hey, hey, now we have babies around, watch the language," chuckled an older woman, must be Constance's sister as she peered to a long brown-haired woman with two, around a year-old babies in her arms.

"No way, the twins!" laughed Shannon pushing himself closer to them.

"So, wait? Are we still going somewhere?" asked Jared amused as he hugged his Mom's sister.

"No, Jared, we are not, but this was the only reason what would make you two get out of your PJs," she laughed, patting his chest and everyone chuckled on this.

"Wait, you saying this is not his pj?" Brian asked confused pointing to Jared who just shrugged with a smile and we laughed.

It all became a happy mess as everyone hugged each other and threw questions in the air in the small hallway and seemed like I was just an obstacle they all were trying to pass while welcoming one another, so I decided to step back all the way to the entrance of the living room and watched them with a light smile on my face.

Constance quickly escorted everyone into the living room so going with the flow I walked more in to one corner feeling a bit awkward.

"Happy Birthday man," Brian slapped Jared in the back then handled him a wrapped box.

"Thanks really, it's good to see you!"

"You too! And I know it was last year but congratulations on the album! Walk on water was Anna's absolute favorite, she couldn't stop listening it for like months, so if the girls instantly fall for your voice, that's why," he smiled peeking to his daughters now in Constance's arms and Jared just smiled shyly.

"It is a pleasure to hear. Hey, um... everyone I'd like you to meet Avery," he smiled and grabbing my hand, he pulled me right in the middle of the circle and all eyes traveled to me from the babies.

"Hey... everyone," I smiled as they all looked at us questioningly.

"Avery is... well, my girlfriend slash best friend, slash my savior," smiled Jared, pulling me close to him by my waist and I looked up to him just as astonished as everyone else to us.

For the next twenty minutes everyone's attention turned towards me in disbelief and I was still in quite of a shock about Jared's introduction.

I felt more and more comfortable around these people as they seemed genuinely happy for having me around. Then of course the small twins got back the spotlight and now Anna turned to me with one of the girls.

"Zoe can't seem to keep her eyes off of you Avery, would you like to meet her?" Anna asked stepping closer with the baby sitting on her arm and I pressed my lips.

"Hey Zoe, it is really nice to meet you," I smiled uncertainly caressing her arm as the baby reached for me, leaning away from her mother's arm.

"Would you like to hold her?" she asked as I looked at her uncomfortable.

"I... you know I never really held a baby before..."

"Really? Oh, my God, well it is time now!" Anna chuckled, holding Zoe to me and I took it, holding her under her armpits with a forced smile.

"Just hug her to yourself, she won't bite," smiled Anna as she guided my hands and finally the baby could feel comfortable in my arms.

"It's... weird... it's like... a little human," I grinned.

"Well, she kind of is," Anna laughed caressing Zoe's hair who seemed to find my ponytail as it fell forward. "She seems fascinated by your hair."

"Yeah," I smiled at the baby, rocking her gently and looking up my eyes met with Jared's who was watching me from the other side of the couch with a tender smile.

I smiled back to him then looked down to the baby, chuckling as she shook my hair, giggling.

"She is an angel, isn't she?" smiled Constance as she stepped next to me.

"True," I smiled to her then back to the baby.

"My turn, my turn! Rylie doesn't seem to want to get out of Shannon's arms and I'm dying for a baby hug," Jared walked to us impatiently, and Zoe looked up to him interested and reached up for him.

He took her from me gently and as soon as it was in reach Zoe grabbed a fistful of his beard and we laughed.

"Ouch, you little monster," Jared chuckled brushing his nose to her forehead as he started to rock her and walk to Shannon and the other baby girl.

I watched Jared with a smile as he interacted with the babies. He was such a natural.

I watched them calmly, crossing my arms on my chest when Constance stepped closer to me.

"You know my hopes of having grandchildren are gone for years now," sighed as she looked at her boys with the babies. "At first it made me sad because I knew my sons would make amazing fathers and their children would be extraordinary. But... I had to realize they went down on a different path and their incredible legacy might not include children of their own."

I just nodded with a smile, watching them with a chuckle as I saw them play together. I couldn't really connect with Constance's feelings in this, so I decided not to try to answer.

"But... you know now... just... I have this spark of hope in me again that this might change," she said squeezing my hand what made me look down to it then up to Constance who had a wide smile on her face and winked knowingly before she let my hand.

I couldn't even react she was gone into the kitchen to get ready with the food and I just blinked after her licking my lips nervously.

I have never ever imagined myself as a Mom, maybe because I was never there with any of my relationships, and to be honest it is still quite foreign to me and I just hoped Constance will keep her further ideas to herself.

During the late lunch Constance couldn't help but tell everyone how I helped her cook and how great of a cook I am, which was flattering, taking the fact that I barely added anything meaningful into the dish. Even the pie was much liked by everyone which Constance gave me full credit for.

Throughout the day I got this strange, calm... warm feeling in me. The feeling of belonging. Everyone made me feel so welcomed and appreciated. It felt strange and I got emotional on the inside.

At around ten in the evening the guests left but we still were chatting on the couch with our drinks in hand.

"Thank you Mom for this amazing family gathering," smiled Jared up to her from the couch where he was sitting and I was leaning to his side with my back, his arm wrapped around my chest. "Those babies are so adorable I hope to see them more often."

"Oh, sweetie, it's nothing really. It was great to catch up. It is just so sad you have to leave tomorrow already," she sighed as she sat down into the armchair.

"We will be back sooner, than you think," Shannon smiled taking a sip from his whisky.

"I very much hope so," she smiled. "And Avery, it was such a gift to have you around as well. You two can't imagine how happy I am that you finally found your path to each other," she said in tears.

"It was a long and rocky path, but we did it," chuckled Jared.

"I would say my path was quite smooth and straight, but Jared's was like a labyrinth," I chuckled sipping form my wine, what again gave me the freedom of tongue.

"I don't' think anyone is surprised about that," laughed Shannon and Constance smiled too.

"What can I say, I have a complicated mind; I fucked up a lot because of it, yes, but I also needed that long path to you to have that time to realize if I get to you, it's a make or break," he explained.

"I know, baby," I smiled caressing his arm and lifted it to kiss his hand. "You don't have to explain. Everything happens for a reason and in the right time.

I felt him kissing the top of my head and I smiled as I watched Constance and Shannon smile to each other.

Everything was so peaceful and ordinary. I have never been with Jared on a full-on vacation time without phone calls, meeting, schedules or without having to think ahead for something.

He was truly a laid back, chill person now what kept me in zen mood also and I got high hopes that although we are soon getting back to work, we can bring this mood with us and can handle our everyday lives easily and can make time for each other.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.3K 836 28
When her paranoid, violent ex-husband gains custody of their eleven year old daughter Shelby, Lanie McCarty knows she has no choice but to rescue her...
7.6K 222 32
Shannon Leto fanfic. The last chapter of this story was written with @Galaxycollector.
14.9K 1.1K 62
****COMPLETED**** #107 in Lovable ... Back in 2019, Don't Call Me Cat! was added to the new and notable reading list of @Samantha @Wattpad director...
11K 465 17
finished - january 13, 2017 Zane Weston reluctantly comes home for Christmas. Accidentally, she ends up reconnecting with the person she hated the m...