Dog Got Your Tongue - Folicia...

By maxd01

Ray was a young Veterinarian with a problem. Due to a heart problem he literally might not wake up one morni... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Ray's in medical
Chapter 2 - Ray and Flitter
Chapter 3 Vyra and Ray
Chapter 4 - Ray makes love to Vyra
Chapter 5 Flitter
Chapter 6 - The Liraque talk to the Captain
Chapter 7 - Birdy, Breezy, and a surprise
Chapter 8 - Gentle
Chapter 10 - Flitter comes back
Cast of characters and generic definitions

Chapter 9 - Ray's sent back

2.3K 167 19
By maxd01

~~~ Ray thinks about Flitter

The weeks had flown by and before he realized it there was just over a week left before he had to return to earth. He wasn't looking forward to it since he had formed some really good friendships aboard the ship. Ray was also going to sorely miss Flitter as well. Ray had finally come to accept the fact he genuinely loved Flitter as both his Liraque and as a woman. He never said it since he felt it would strain their relationship and he didn't want it to happen. Ray had taken what the Captain had to say to heart and had started doing little things for her. Brushing her hair in the morning and her tail at night was now part of their relationship.

Ray also knew she understood both his feelings and why he didn't say anything, so she accepted the little gestures instead. As he brushed her hair he could feel a deep contentment coming from her and her own love for him. There was something else he felt from her, he simply couldn't define but seemed to have hints of tiredness. Somehow Ray knew she was older than she looked and acted but it was again something indefinable.

There had been several times he had considered talking to Vyra but chose not to. If Flitter wanted him to know she would tell him. If not, it didn't matter since what was important to him was how they felt about each other. Currently they were sitting in the lounge which had become one of his favorite locations since he could look out the view port. Someone had even moved the couch, so he had a better view.

Flitter was curled up in his lap with her head on his chest and was resting quietly. It had been a busy couple of weeks for both and she seemed to need a bit more sleep each week. Since nobody had commented on it he figured once she had gotten a chance to recover from all his fun she would be fine. He looked down at her and stroked one ear, "How I do love thee lovely lady." It was barely a whisper nobody could hear.

He looked up when Birdy and Breezy came in and he smiled. Both looked at him and Flitter and shook their heads in amusement. Ray waved them over though he held his finger over his lips, *I need to wake her soon since she has an appointment with Aqua. While she is in the meeting, I need both of your help. My time here is almost done and I need something I can give her, so she can remember me. Will you help me please?*

Both came over and settled down in another couch which was next to the one he was in, *Most definitely we will. Both of you have come to be our really good friends.* Birdy touched his cheek before leaning back into Breezy's arms.

Breezy looked very pleased at his request, *We would both be totally honored to help you. How about some jewelry? A necklace maybe or a bracelet.* She nibbled on Birdy's ear before licking her neck. Both had come to the conclusion Ray was a Liraque as well even though he didn't seem to realize it. Both he and Flitter had bestowed their friendship on them was incredibly special.

Ray contemplated what she said, and a smile crossed his face, *That would be perfect. Something which has both of us in it I think. Thank you both for the idea.* He looked down at Flitter and he smiled since she looked so comfortable, "Well I hate to wake a sleeping lady up but it is time." He stroked her face, "Come on Flitter you have an appointment you need to go to."

She finally woke up and looked up at him and yawned, "Well I suppose if I must but darn it you have such a comfortable lap." Flitter twitched her ears at him as she sat up and stretched, "It was a good nap and I needed it after last night. I am not sure how you keep up with Gentle." She grinned at his blush. If Gentle wasn't pregnant by now it wasn't from lack of trying.

"Oh shush you silly Inu. I am just trying to fulfill my obligations." When she stood he gently tugged on her tail and got bopped for it. She ignored him as she left the room though both her ears and tail were cocked in amusement, "Shall we ladies?" He stood and stretched as well, "I think I might take this evening off and catch up on my sleep as well."

They walked out of the lounge and the two women showed him to a different section of the ship. Ray hadn't been to this section before since it was a small store section. Everything had been provided for him as needed so there hadn't been any reason to come here. As they were wandering around he had to take his time and really look at what was available.

"I feel so silly since I never considered something like this being on board." He made a face, "I guess since everyone wore the ship suits the idea of having lounging clothes didn't cross my mind." Both women snickered at his reaction and simply wandered with him for a while.

Eventually Birdy wrapped her arm around him and showed him into a small automated shop, "Here is where you can create what you want for her. As long as it isn't massive, highly ornate, or very custom it will come in on the next supply run."

Ray sighed as he started scrolling through the options, "I am so going to miss her. My memories might be wiped but my heart is going to remember." As he rested his hand on the screen a different selection of ornaments appeared and both women gasped, "Huh? What?"

"This section is only accessible by Liraque and Liraqua and not something most people would see." Breezy was looking over his shoulder and lightly running her finger over some of the examples, "These are lovely."

Birdy and Breezy spent some time helping Ray to pick out a necklace for Flitter. He really appreciated their help since some of his choices wouldn't have made sense in their culture. With their help he finally settled on a tri-color chain which was platinum, gold, and a rare purple metal which was only used by Liraque. The medallion had the symbol of an employed Liraque, Flitters personal symbol, and the colors of his bracelets surrounding it. Since they didn't deal with Liraque they didn't know the implications.

All three of them looked at the hologram example and he knew it was right, "That is it and there goes a good portion of my income." He smiled as he sent the order, "I am going to need one of you two to pick it up for me and get it to me without her realizing it."

Birdy and Breezy gave him a good hug before they headed back towards the dining room. Flitter was going to meet them there.

~~~ Ray gives Flitter the mating necklace

The last of his time aboard went by faster than he could imagine, and he hated it. He was enjoying the bed play and feeling free enough to make friends and not just friends but very close friends. Gentle, Birdy, and Breezy were just three of the many friends he had made. It included Vyra, Spike, and their Liraque and many others.

Ray had made an appointment with the Captain and it was time for it, "I will be back Flitter, hopefully this won't take very long." He leaned over and cupped her head with his hand and drew her into a very intimate kiss, "I am going to ask my lovely Liraque when I come back." She returned the kiss and he had to close his eyes as her emotions were felt.

He broke the kiss and walked out of their room and after composing his expression he headed towards the command level. Ray really hoped he could make it there before he broke down. He was going to be sent back in just a few days and the closer it got the harder it was for him to control his feelings.

Ray hadn't even made it to the door of Vyra's cabin when the door opened and Vyra came out. She wrapped her arms around him and pulled him inside. She didn't bother saying anything and simply pulled him close and held him as he started crying.

Spring Flower stroked his hair briefly before going and making a calming cup of tea for him. She had been paying close attention to both of them and had been doing what she could to help Flitter. Spring Flower wasn't sure who had it worse, Ray knowing he was going to lose his memories or Flitter who would remember. She had a feeling this was going to be the last relationship for the Liraque. Flitter would retire to one of the temples. It was very possible it would be the temple she leaned to.

Vyra urged him over to the couch and helped him sip on the tea, "I can't even begin to imagine how hard this is for both of you. We've rarely had such a close relationship between a human and Folician. The two of you are the first Liraque and Liraqua relationship with any of the humans." Vyra gave him a gentle kiss, "I will take care of your Liraque and make sure she is well cared for. I have talked with Spring Flower and at least for a time Flitter will be going to one of the temples of the Goddess and they will give her what she needs."

Ray nodded as he sipped on the tea and was glad for her help since his hands were shaking, "I wish I could stay but I understand why I can't. Just take care of her and that's all I ask." He leaned into her arms and closed his eyes and tried to get his emotions somewhat under control, *I am taking the rest of my time aboard and spending it with the woman I love. She has given me so much and this much I can do for her.*

Vyra gave him a good hug, "I know and if you had bothered to check your calendar you would have noticed." She'd been waiting for him to come to her before she added the calendar entry. She didn't want to push something she might be misreading, "Now why don't you go back to Flitter and show her what she means to you."

Daisy came over and stroked his hair again, "I have done a bit to help smooth out the jagged edges of your emotions, so you can enjoy the last few days." When he went to stand up she moved back and then gave him a good hug, "Go and give her all the love you can."

Ray left the room and Daisy turned to Vyra and held on, "Ray is going to be her last client. It is the way of the Liraque their final client is the one they truly fall in love with. We do love all of the clients we take care of but the final one is the one we love as our other half." This was so horrible for Flitter. It should be a time for her to actually live the balance of her life with the one person for her, but she couldn't.

Vyra held her and stroked her hair and instead of being the one comforted she comforted her Liraque, "Spring Flower trust me in this. She will be taken care of. The Goddess doesn't only talk to the Liraque though it is far more common. I don't know what she is planning but all will be fine." They stood there for a while before Vyra gently moved away from her, "Now go get dinner for them and take it to them. I think I can survive on my own for the balance of the time Ray will be here."

On the way back to his room Ray encountered Birdy. When she handed him a small silken pouch he had to smile, "Thank you Birdy." After a quick peck he kept going towards his room. When he walked in Flitter was curled up on the couch on one end and was resting. He settled down on the other end, "Flitter would you come here please?"

He wrapped his arms around her once she sat down in his lap, "I have a small surprise or two for you Flitter." He smiled down at her and hoped he managed to surprise her, "I talked to the Captain and until I go back, the evenings and nights are ours and ours alone. I am asking you to spend the nights with me and to allow me to make love to you."

Flitter had known he had been planning something but not exactly what. When he asked her to spend the last few nights with him making love to her, her eyes started to water slightly. He would never know just how much it meant to her, "Oh Ray thank you." She turned her head into his chest and felt him pull her closer and she cried quietly, "I am going to miss you Ray and yes I will spend the time with you."

As he was talking he pulled a small silken bag from a pocket in the suit, "I also have this for you. It is so you have something to remember me by when I go back." He handed her the pouch, "Dinner will be here soon as well." He handed the bag to her. His eyes were full of emotions he wanted to say but simply couldn't.

When he handed her the bag she opened it and tilted the contents into a hand. When she did her jaw dropped at what she saw. Flitter knew there was no way he could know what he was handing her. The symbol was one thing but the way his colors were swirled around it meant he wanted her as his mate. Her hand was starting to shake, and she handed it to him, "Will you please put it on me?" More tears were spilling down as she sat up and let him fasten it around her neck.

Right about then the door opened, and Daisy walked in with the food he had ordered and he looked rather confused. She smiled at him, "Haven't you realized as of yet anytime there is a mating where a pregnancy might occur a Liraque is usually involved? I am the senior Liraque on the ship so Vyra asked me to stand in for Flitter since she can't be both a Liraque and partner."

Ray blinked and then snickered since Flitter wouldn't meet his eyes for the moment, "Um, no I didn't but I guess it makes sense." Flitter had been with him the entire time he had been there and especially when he was having sex, "No giving the Captain any reports though. Something's I would like to remain private."

She laughed and agreed, "Now come over and have a seat since we don't want dinner to get cold." When Flitter stood up and the necklace showed it was all Daisy could do not to gawk, *We will need to talk later about this Flitter. I am not upset in anyway and know you wouldn't have done anything to force this.* "It is a lovely necklace. I assume you gave it to her Ray? Good for you."

*Vyra please check all the records on jewelry sales in the last week or so. Ray gave Flitter a mating necklace. She knows what it is but it is obvious he had no clue.* She could feel Vyra's surprise and acknowledgement as Vyra cut the connection.

They settled down to eat and Ray sat close to her and they traded bites of food and simply talked for a long time. When they went to bed Ray couldn't keep his eyes off Flitter and he did his best to make sure she had the best he could give her.

For the rest of the time they were virtually inseparable and were routinely seen holding hands and talking. They spent a great deal of time in the lounges as well. They curled up cuddling while Ray spent his time with his friends. One thing Ray should have known was they wouldn't let him leave without saying goodbye.

It was the evening before he was scheduled to go back and the two of them were curled up in their room getting in some last-minute cuddle time. Ray's implant dinged and when he answered he was a bit grumpy about it, *What.*

*My someone is not sounding happy. I need you to report to the lounge for a few minutes and then you can go back to your necking.* There was both sympathy and amusement in her mental voice, *Come now please.*

Ray grumbled, "Vyra wants to see us. I assume it is something to do with my going back." He definitely didn't sound pleased. Once she stood up, he looked at her and then gently pulled the necklace out. After resting it on her suit, he had to smile, "Show the world I love you. Let them know even after I am back on earth I will always remember you somewhere in my heart."

She lowered her ears and then gave him a shy smile, "I will Ray, and I am proud to show everyone. Let's go and get this over with so I can cuddle with you some more." Both were doing their best not to show just how much it was hurting them to be separated.

As they walked to the lounge Ray held her hand and had laced their fingers together. He didn't rush since he wasn't in the mood. Neither one said much as they walked to the lounge but when the door opened, and they were greeted by 'Cheers' by a decent portion of the crew both stopped, and they couldn't help but to start crying.

All their friends were there, a number of the ladies Ray had been with, and others. The tables had been moved and several lined up. What looked like cake, snacks, and plenty of drinks were on the tables. There was also some music playing in the background. Vyra was grinning, "You had better get your tails in here now or else. I am not going to let you sit in the room of yours and be grumpy all night. There is plenty of time for it tomorrow."

Gentle came over and glowered down at them. Just to be silly she spoke to them with a thick accent, "You vill have fun or I vill be back."

Ray stared at her and then started laughing, "You are much cuter than the Terminator and I should never have let you watch that movie." He gave her a good hug as he laughed, "Fine we will go and pout later."

As he was walking in he started handing out hugs and kisses as was Flitter. After several minutes of the affection Vyra came over, "Flitter I need to steal Ray for a few minutes. I promise to return him with only a few nibble marks."

He rolled his eyes at her but let her draw him off to one side, "Well other than trying to give me another heart attack what can I do for you?" He wrapped his arms around her and leaned against her, *Thank you Vyra and though it isn't the same as what I feel for Flitter I love you.*

She smiled down at him, *I love you as well Ray. You are an exceptional person. Though you aren't going to remember, you have made a major impact in my ship and crew. You will be sorely missed.* Vyra returned the hug before giving him a huge surprise, *I am breaking policy in saying this but many of the women in here right now are pregnant. If they are only having one pup it is a boy. If they are having two or more at least one is male.*

Ray froze for a moment and carefully looked around, *Oh crap, thank god I don't have to worry about child support or I might need to go into hiding.* He wasn't going to mention it to Flitter though he had a feeling she had a good idea, *Thank you for letting me know Vyra.* He gave her one more hug before turning back to the party.

It carried on for several hours and most of the crew cycled through, so everyone had a chance to relax and have some fun. Even if they hadn't been to his room they deserved to relax for a while. Eventually though they excused themselves and headed back to their rooms. It was hard since they ended up curling up and crying for a while before falling asleep.

~~~ Ray's sent back

Eventually morning arrived and moving from her arms and out of bed was horrible. They had brought his clothes back and he was dressed in those. When Vyra told him, he was going to be keeping the bracelets he was rather startled. She did show him how to shrink them down, so they weren't nearly as noticeable.

A number of the crew showed up at his room to escort him to medical where his implant would be removed, and his memories locked. He had to struggle not to cry since he really didn't want to leave but he had agreed to the terms. It helped knowing several the women were pregnant and he had done his bit to keep their race going.

Spike watched for a few minutes before walking out of medical, "It is time Ray. Thank you for your company during the cruise which was wonderful." She sent a message to the others and they left the area. Flitter came in as well as the Captain and Daisy, "I need you to lie down on the table here and when you wake you will be back on your world." She gave him a kiss and whispered in his ear, "And thank you for my pups. I'm pregnant also."

She sent a command to his implant and moments later he was unconscious. She was getting ready to take the steps needed when Vyra stopped her.

Vyra stopped her, "Hold on just a moment Dancing Wind." She turned to Flitter and pulled the old Liraque into her arms, "I was informed of the necklace Ray gave you. I also know he has no clue of what it is for. I hope you don't mind but..." She pulled a small pouch out and handed it to her, "He won't know but give this to him."

Flitter opened the pouch and gave Vyra a wide smile, "Thank you Captain." It was a male version of what he had given her, and she secured it before giving him a gentle kiss, "Remember me my love." She stepped back, so the doctor could continue, "I think I am going back to my room, if you will excuse me please?"

Spring Flower and Still Waters wrapped their arms around her and led her out of the medical section. Spring Flower gave Vyra a very concerned look since Flitter seemed to have shrunk and aged. Ray didn't know but Flitter was a very old Liraque though it hadn't shown.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.1K 4.5K 50
[COMPLETE] I'm Ava, a human who has been kidnapped from my home world and forced to live with an abusive scourge,-an alien with a tail that has shown...
26K 2.1K 15
Has Ray, Hands, and the rest of their packs finally gotten a chance to relax? While Ray is in the past how is this going to impact with his present...
205 51 23
"Mine" he breathes into my neck, with his deep voice. I'm frozen in a spot as he said that, I couldn't tell if I should be afraid or surrender. Even...
to earth By kit

Science Fiction

133 1 18
Ava- How could I be so tursting? I let him take me. I let him get close... How could I let this happen? Now he wants me. for things I can only think...