Chapter 4 - Ray makes love to Vyra

~~~ Ray starts to meet the crew

When they walked into the dining room Ray almost considered running. As soon as they walked in virtually every head turned towards the two of them and a low appreciative growl could be heard, "I had been joking about death by over enthusiastic Inu's but now I am not sure." The crew was made up of all types of colorations and sizes. There were whippet thin women who looked like they came from runners to heavy bodied women who might have come from fighters. Their coloration ranged from a pale white to pitch black. Some had patterns as Flitter did and others were a solid color. All looked very fit though and he had a feeling he was going to need at least one night a week off if not two to recover.

Flitter snickered at him, "Who was saying this was a man's fantasy come true? All the safe sex a male could want and to get paid for it as well?" Her tail was curled in amusement and was waving slightly.

She did clear her throat and addressed the dining area, "No mobbing our guest. He is recovering from a major health issue and too much attention maybe stressful. Now if you want to come over, say a brief hello and then move along it would be fine. We are going to be wandering the ship as well but no mobbing him and make sure it is passed around." For good measure she also broadcast it over the neural implant.

She pulled him towards the food line, "Oh lovely, they are having Keserios for breakfast. They do a pretty good job on them and even use the traditional Sakeron syrup as well." Her nose was twitching as she sniffed towards the food line.

She showed him the tray and utensils as they got in line, "Good morning and Ray is going to need extra protein to provide energy for the nanites which are still working in him." Flitter made sure to tell the server since he simply didn't have the body mass needed to feed the nanites as they worked.

The things she was talking about looked like some sort of grain cakes and the syrup was a blackish red and lumpy. It did smell interesting and he settled for simply taking whatever she suggested before grabbing a drink before finding somewhere to sit.

Breakfast ended up being an interesting pain in his butt. As they were eating various crew members would come over and introduce themselves. There was usually a brush of their body against his as well which kept distracting him.

When they finally made it out of the dining area he leaned against the wall, "If you were cats I would think you found a new toy to play with." When she simply smiled at him he frowned furiously at her and grumbled under his breath, "So what is on the books for me today? I know we talked about it but I'm in an information overload situation." It wasn't even mentioning having all the females touching him.

Flitter took his arm and tucked hers through it, "Well first Spike wanted to see you and run some tests on both your neural implant and the treatment. For the neural implant it is to ensure it is operating as expected since the Captain activated it. For the treatment it is to ensure it is healing your heart correctly." She leaned against him lightly and smiled.

As they were walking to medical Ray kept getting looks from the crew. One or two of the expressions made him want to hide. He had seen animals in heat and understood all the technical aspects. Having humanoid dogs look at him with both desire and lust simply because he was male was disconcerting.

Flitter could feel his discomfort, but he was doing a decent job of dealing with it and not showing it. As the various crew members came up and said hello he was being very polite as well, "Ray just so you know when they brush up against you it is normal. It doesn't matter if we are in heat or not, we enjoy the physical contact."

Ray rolled his eyes, "I think I understand but it is not something I am used to. As I mentioned earlier I was told from early on to be careful with physical contact. Much of it was simply because what would be a mild infection or illness to a healthy person could be dire for me. I am most definitely not used to random strangers rubbing against me." He gave her a wry smile, "It isn't even beginning to mention only seeing females and being the only male aboard."