Chapter 9 - Ray's sent back

~~~ Ray thinks about Flitter

The weeks had flown by and before he realized it there was just over a week left before he had to return to earth. He wasn't looking forward to it since he had formed some really good friendships aboard the ship. Ray was also going to sorely miss Flitter as well. Ray had finally come to accept the fact he genuinely loved Flitter as both his Liraque and as a woman. He never said it since he felt it would strain their relationship and he didn't want it to happen. Ray had taken what the Captain had to say to heart and had started doing little things for her. Brushing her hair in the morning and her tail at night was now part of their relationship.

Ray also knew she understood both his feelings and why he didn't say anything, so she accepted the little gestures instead. As he brushed her hair he could feel a deep contentment coming from her and her own love for him. There was something else he felt from her, he simply couldn't define but seemed to have hints of tiredness. Somehow Ray knew she was older than she looked and acted but it was again something indefinable.

There had been several times he had considered talking to Vyra but chose not to. If Flitter wanted him to know she would tell him. If not, it didn't matter since what was important to him was how they felt about each other. Currently they were sitting in the lounge which had become one of his favorite locations since he could look out the view port. Someone had even moved the couch, so he had a better view.

Flitter was curled up in his lap with her head on his chest and was resting quietly. It had been a busy couple of weeks for both and she seemed to need a bit more sleep each week. Since nobody had commented on it he figured once she had gotten a chance to recover from all his fun she would be fine. He looked down at her and stroked one ear, "How I do love thee lovely lady." It was barely a whisper nobody could hear.

He looked up when Birdy and Breezy came in and he smiled. Both looked at him and Flitter and shook their heads in amusement. Ray waved them over though he held his finger over his lips, *I need to wake her soon since she has an appointment with Aqua. While she is in the meeting, I need both of your help. My time here is almost done and I need something I can give her, so she can remember me. Will you help me please?*

Both came over and settled down in another couch which was next to the one he was in, *Most definitely we will. Both of you have come to be our really good friends.* Birdy touched his cheek before leaning back into Breezy's arms.

Breezy looked very pleased at his request, *We would both be totally honored to help you. How about some jewelry? A necklace maybe or a bracelet.* She nibbled on Birdy's ear before licking her neck. Both had come to the conclusion Ray was a Liraque as well even though he didn't seem to realize it. Both he and Flitter had bestowed their friendship on them was incredibly special.

Ray contemplated what she said, and a smile crossed his face, *That would be perfect. Something which has both of us in it I think. Thank you both for the idea.* He looked down at Flitter and he smiled since she looked so comfortable, "Well I hate to wake a sleeping lady up but it is time." He stroked her face, "Come on Flitter you have an appointment you need to go to."

She finally woke up and looked up at him and yawned, "Well I suppose if I must but darn it you have such a comfortable lap." Flitter twitched her ears at him as she sat up and stretched, "It was a good nap and I needed it after last night. I am not sure how you keep up with Gentle." She grinned at his blush. If Gentle wasn't pregnant by now it wasn't from lack of trying.

"Oh shush you silly Inu. I am just trying to fulfill my obligations." When she stood he gently tugged on her tail and got bopped for it. She ignored him as she left the room though both her ears and tail were cocked in amusement, "Shall we ladies?" He stood and stretched as well, "I think I might take this evening off and catch up on my sleep as well."