LOCKWYNNE ( ON HOLD)

By breezylovaa

Secrets no one would ever imagine filled the small town of Lockwynne. Centuries ago a curse was placed on the... More

Disclaimer!
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Please Read.
Nineteen

Eighteen

294 30 16
By breezylovaa

18. Start of Something New
Hazel Michelson

"I uh overheard your conversation with your mother earlier" Dad said in an attempt to break the tension at the table.

"Or you were eavesdropping." I quickly corrected.

"Maybe, but do you seriously want to go stay with her?" I could hear the hurt in his voice, I felt bad despite how he has acted recently. If I'm being honest I was all he had left so I know he's going to try and hold on to me as long as he can.

"Dad, relax it's only for the weekend then I'll be back for school" I stated.

"You didn't even ask for my permission"

"Excuse me, I need permission to see my mom now?" I sighed, I already saw where this was going and I wasn't interested. "Dad, I'm coming back, don't make this into something big"

I got up from the table leaving my plate in the sink since I'd be extra late if I spared those minutes to wash up. We exchanged goodbyes and I was off to Adam since we lived the close and he needed a ride for school.

It took me less than five minutes to pull up, and as expected he was already out front waiting on me.

"Dang, I was just about to call yo ass. I thought you forgot about me" He said once he got in.

"My bad, I'm sorry" I knew he was gonna be dramatic, I wasn't that late.

"Day rave is this Saturday, are you coming?" He already started, he was like a P.R.O when it came on to parties. If you want to know when the next party is, he's the guy.

"I already have plans"

"Plans?" I could tell he didn't believe me, since I used that line so many times, even when I knew those plans were to sleep or binge watch a series.

"I know you ain't got no plans. Day rave is always lit. Free booze, music and a good vibe not to mention when the paint war starts" Enthusiasm filled his voice, being the party animal he is.

I've only been to it once and I did have fun if I'm keeping it 100%. They held it in an open field a little out of town. The huge speaker boxes were set up alongside the Dj booth. They'd have an area for the drinks as well and little further away you'd see the car parked to avoid getting messy.

"This time I really got plans, no cap. Im gonna visit mom so you know how it is" I said casually.

I knew this would've changed everything, I could tell I made him uncomfortable by the "Oh cool" he gave.

It was a touchy topic and since it was kind of embarrassing the way how others dragged it, my friends tried to not bring it up, however they would get as defensive as I would if someone tries to throw an insult.

"But guess what, next party I'll definitely be there" I laughed to lighten the mood.

"You better keep your word" He said as he playfully gave an side eye. "I seen you talking to James the other night at the ball, y'all cool like that?"

"I wouldn't say all that, be we do exchange words now and then, why?" He kind of peeked my interest now, why would Adam be asking about James of all people.

"Nothing I was just wondering"

"I know you, you don't ever ask questions randomly what are you up to?" I glanced him, we were entering the campus but I was determined to get whatever information out of him.

"Seriously, there's no motive" he laughed.

"Hmm alright"

I quickly parked so we could get inside.

"Hey wait up El!" I turned around to the see the president of the photography club running towards me.

"I saw the work you have been doing for the school newspaper. Would you mind considering joining our club, it would also help us to look less nerdy and lure in more students"

His bright eyes filled his glasses, I didn't know how to say no to such begging eyes but there's no way I could say either. I already had enough on my plate with my after school job at the media house and I was already apart of the newspaper committee.

"There will be a clash in time for me. Your club is the same time as the NC" I stated as I opened my locker swapping a few books.

"Fixed, we can change our date and time" He said eagerly.

"I'll get back to you" I smiled batting my lashes a bit. It may came off as rude but I was done having that conversation.

•••••••••

Today felt like the longest school day I've had all year. I was beyond elated when it ended. I now had to make my way over to the media house to help out in any way that I can.

"Why are you in such a rush to go" I felt a tight grip around my arm, his cold touch was frightening but I knew exactly who it was. "You're always on the go"

"And you're always stopping me" I said yanking my arm away. James eyes sparkled with interest but I had no idea why.

"Did I do something wrong? I thought we were cool. Being new here has been a lot but since our first conversation at my house warming party I thought we were on the path of being friends" He said as his eyes searched mine, probably watching each gesture to detect if what came from my mouth was the truth or not.

I held my head then gave an apologetic stare, "I'm so sorry school has been stressing and my part time job too. I guess I have been doing the most with everyone lately."

"I see, well I'm free after school tomorrow so we should chill" He smiled.

"Chill?" I returned the smile with the hopes of not looking uncomfortable.

"Yea, meet up by Pete's and grab something to eat. My treat of course" He stepped a little closer. Tyler should be around here somewhere, I wish he could just pop up right now.

"Come on, I won't have you for long. We could really get to know each other or would Tyler have a problem I realize you too have been getting pretty close" He said with emphasis on certain words.

"Tyler is just a friend. I'll see you at Pete's at 4" I said fixing my bag strap on my shoulder.

"Great" He gave a wink before walking off.

For some reason that moment felt intense, it was almost like I was holding my breath and now I could breathe. He was a handsome guy on the outside but after seeing the real him, nothing he does or say will ever be the same for me. I looked around the parking lot and to my surprise it was Tyler being my late knight in shining armor.

"I know you heard me" I said through gritted teeth once he was close enough.

"Yeah and?"

"Yeah and?" I said a bit surprised by his response.

"Now I got a fucking date with James" I said in a loud whisper. I was trying so hard to let the conversation seem casual or regular since he could be lurking from anywhere.

"I stayed back for the same reason you told him I was just a friend" he said closing the gap between us as he looked down at me and fixed my hair. "We need him to think that everything is fine, you can make it seem as if you're on his side too if comes to that."

"Got it" I nodded.

"Good, after work swing by my place" He said scanning the area, I could tell he wanted to kiss me but it was better to wait until we were safe from all the eyes we couldn't see right now.

"Okay I'm running late" I said before the moment got extremely awkward.

We went our separate way and now all that was on my mind was upset Noah probably will be at me. I was supposed to be working the night of the ball but I was already having my dress made and everything was already in the works. There's no way I was going to put off my Cinderella moment. In addition, Tyler wanted to go with me and that in total made it even more appealing.

The town was back to normal at least for now, they arrested someone who they believed was behind the murders. However, I knew the truth now and Noah was indeed right. The person who they charged was innocent and was merely being framed but how do you arrest a supernatural creature? The town had a sense of relief and for that there was no need to be digging to see if they had the right person. Pretty messed up.

I quickly parked heading inside.

Before the elevator open I could here shouting but it wasn't as clear as I'd hope.

"Ah there she is! She knows the truth!" Noah yelled as he pointed in my direction.

I barely stepped out the elevator as every pair of eyes were on me. His hair was a mess, his eyes were red and popping from his skull. His tie needed to be adjusted, to sum it up I've never seen him look this awful before.

"Tyler Hayes! It's him he killed those people! He's not even fucking human. By the time y'all wake up it'll be too late, evil would've already taken over this damn town" He stomped his feet startling us as the vein in his throat popped.

"Come on you're around him, tell us the weird things he does" He probed as he stepped closer to me.

"I have no idea what you're talking about" I said firmly although I was extremely terrified.

"That's enough Mr. Hever. You've been like this for the past three days, not only is it worrying it is also disturbing. Take some time off work and resume when you can" The Chief of Editor addressed him.

"I gathered all my evidence, everything adds up. I'm fighting for this town wake up!" He yelled once more.

"If you raise your voice one more time, you'll be out of a job. My decision is final go home Hever" He said then went back to his office.

I watched as Noah stormed to his desk. I walked behind him slowly since all of this really caught me off guard.

"I really wish I could help but he didn't do it" I said softly to him instead of answering all he did was this:

"If I were you, I'd go through all what I have here, there's a story in it. This town is in trouble" He said taking up the little he had to leave with.

——————————

Next chap will be long, juicy and intimate.

Follow my IG for updates, sneak peeks etc (already posted the schedule there) on this book and my other work @paristheewriter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

369K 15.1K 41
Their fathers are business partners, collaborating on an integrated school to keep the things they want to protect the most, from getting too suspici...
293 26 14
One fandom versus another fandom not too happy about the two legends that come to be. Yet, their passionate love affairs that keep going back and for...
488 0 35
Two people find love in an unlikely place, but are they able to keep it? Doesn't fully follow the original plot nothing major changes *Trigger warn...
1.3K 141 12
They traveled to the place no living, breathing human soul had ever reached. Eager to see the mother of all seas only to be seized by the souls who h...