Leon Pride: A World of Demons

By blue_jay

What were you doing on December 21, 2012? Well, on that day, the world was introduced to a race that would co... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Lauren
Chapter 2 - Party Town
Chapter 3 - Leon
Chapter 4 - Vega Industries
Chapter 5 - Archway
Chapter 6 - Nick
Chapter 7 - Street Fight
Chapter 8 - Extermination
Chapter 9 - The Queen
Chapter 10 - Limits
Chapter 11 - Adapt
Chapter 12 - Raven
Chapter 13 - A Vision
Chapter 14 - Operation: Scrap Metal
Chapter 15 - What Color Do You Bleed?
Chapter 16 - Rumble Under the Dome
Chapter 17 - True Colors
Chapter 18 - Vega's Weapon
Chapter 19 - Tranformations
Chapter 21 - Calamity
Chapter 22 - Working Things Out
Chapter 23 - Third Party
Chapter 24 - Family Bonding
Chapter 25 - Father's Regrets
Chapter 26 - Calamity is Born
Chapter 27 - The Favored Son
Chapter 28 - Battle With The Shades
Chapter 29 - Warning Shot
Chapter 30 - Breaking Points
Chapter 31 - Trechery of Demons
Chapter 32 - Kane VS Kayos
Chapter 33 - Family Ties
Chapter 34 - The Collaboration Festival
Chapter 35 - "We Are Too Strong"
Chapter 36 - Match Made in Blood
Chapter 37 - Gods of Strength
Chapter 38 - The New God
Chapter 39 - The Last Hurdle
Chapter 40 - Challenging the New God
Chapter 41 - Skorge The Calamity
Chapter 42 - Seeds of Distrust
Chapter 43 - Vega's Legacy
Chapter 44 - Crossing Lines
Chapter 45 - Brutal Encounter
Chapter 46 - Ugliness of Humanity
Chapter 47 - Divided
Chapter 48 - Violence Repeated
Chapter 49 - Enter the Fury
Chapter 50 - Lovers' Quarrel
Chapter 51 - Savage
Chapter 52 - Limitations
Chapter 53 - Mind of a God
Chapter 54 - A Losing Battle?
Chapter 55 - The Last Straw
Chapter 56 - Calling the End
Chapter 57 - Earning The Name
Chapter 58 - The Calm...
Chapter 59 - ...Before the Storm
Chapter 60 - Student of Kane
Chapter 61 - City of Demons
Chapter 62 - Rematch?
Chapter 63 - The Vicious Cycle
Chapter 64 - Beginning of The End
Chapter 65 - End of an Era?
Chapter 66 - The Heir of Kane
Chapter 67 - Broken Chain
Chapter 68 - Meeting of the Calamities
Chapter 69 - Gods and the Beast
Chapter 70 - The Gloves Are Off
Chapter 71 - The Light and The End
Chapter 72 - Bang
Chapter 73 - The Fallen
Chapter 74 - Savages
Chapter 75 - Leon's Pride
Epilogue
ANNOUNCEMENT
Final Arc - Prologue
Final Arc - Chapter 1
Final Arc - Chapter 2
Final Arc - Chapter 3
Final Arc - Chapter 4
Final Arc - Chapter 5

Chapter 20 - Vega's Fall

199 19 2
By blue_jay

 Leon was fighting his was back up to his knees but as finding that he had to put a tremendous amount of effort just to make his body lift itself up off the ground. Meanwhile Vega's left arm had almost entirely reformed itself, and the man himself was back on his feet and had a large piece of rubble in his hand. Leon lifted his head up just as Vega raised the chunk of rubble up obviously intending to bash his head in with it, but just before he brought the chunk of rubble down he was taken off of his feet by a figure that'd come seemingly out of nowhere. Once Vega was down Roy appeared in front of Leon and was trying to get him to his feet only to be shoved away.

"What the hell are you doing?" Roy demanded trying again to pick Leon up off the ground only to meet the same result in being shoved off. "Leon get up!"

"Don't touch me!" Leon snapped before falling on his side again grasping at his heart before speaking again in a very strained and raspy voice. "It's my heart. I can't be moved..."

"Oh you gotta be kidding me-" Roy said just before Carny was flung backwards from where he was apparently fighting with Vega. The orange-eyed demon caught sight of Leon and moved to his defense making a wall with his own body between him and Vega. Roy meanwhile abandoned Leon before vanishing and reappearing again not a moment later with that grossly large sword that he'd been trying to fight Vega with. "Carny we can't move him, he's having a heart issue that he'll just have to wait for it to pass.

Raising the sword up with both hands and nearly falling over in the process and just barely managed to keep his balance. "We'll have to hold him off until Leon's able to pick himself up."

As if in response Carny let out a snarl and was about to throw himself at Vega who only pointed to his left bringing Leon's and Roy's attention to the direction he was pointing. What he saw made Leon's eyes grow wide and in front of him he heard Roy take in a sharp gasp as they both reached out to grab Carny before he charged Vega which only ended in Leon falling flat on his face. Thankfully Roy was able to stop him however the demon was in no mood to be told no as he kept on trying to slash at Vega until Leon finally screamed his name. The other demon slowly turned around to look at Leon who pointed in the same direction that Vega had,  revealing three smaller Adapt androids holding a bound Nick and Lauren as well as an unconscious Natalia and Kayos just over the edge the third tower. It'd been relatively untouched by the fighting and was easily the smallest of the three towers that made up Vega Industries, but even still a fall from the roof could kill a demon just as easily as it could a human.

"Don't go after him Carny." Leon said in a strained voice as he slowly got up on his hands and knees with even the slightest movement causing him unimaginable pain in his chest. "If you do, all the people important to me will die."

"So you do care for your father?" Vega said with a sadistic mockery of a smile splaying across his face which earned him glare from Leon. "I didn't think it'd matter all that much to you if I brought him as well but now that I heard that I'm glad I convinced myself otherwise."

"Get real you glorified tin can." Leon growled as he fought his way up to his feet just as he heard Lauren call out to them. He risked a glance in her direction and saw that it was only a single android that was holding both her and Nick by the backs of their shirts like scruffs. Even from here he could see the glimmer of tears formed on her cheeks as she actually clung to the android's hand to keep from falling. Turning back to Vega and feeling a deep rumble begin to build up in his throat Leon went on. "I couldn't care less about my father. Drop him if you want I couldn't be paid to care. But if you dare drop the others I will make you regret the day you swam up into your mother's womb."

"They're safe." Vega said his smile vanishing from his face before pointing at both Roy and Carny. "As long as they stay out of this."

"Not happening." Said Roy. "Never!" Snarled Carny at practically the same time.

Yet despite that Leon stumbled forward his hand still over his heart and he nodded his head. "Fine, if that's what you want they won't interfere."

"What!"

"Leon you can't even walk right now how in holy hell do you expect to beat him in your condition." Roy said earning him a look from Leon that said there was no changing his mind. "You're not fighting him alone."

"I will." Leon said firmly before nodding toward the others on the fourth tower. "You two deal with them."

"Deal with them?" Vega repeated and letting out what Leon could only assume was a laugh before he went on again. "I'm sorry but the only difference between them and my model is that they can't bond with a host. If you three couldn't handle just one when you had one other fighter, what makes you think you can handle three?"

"How about you not talk about that and put your so called perfect machines to the test." Leon spat and doing his damndest not to fall over whenever he spoke, but that task alone was becoming exceedingly difficult. "Have your androids fight them, at least that way you can ensure a one-on-one fight between us. For as smart as you are you can't seem to count. There are three androids and only two of them, have one stay behind and watch your hostages while the other two fight them."

"That would make you happy wouldn't it?" Vega said before he reached up and tapped the side of his head and as if they were one in the same, all three of the androids tossed aside their bundle and leaped over to the main tower. "You three have caused me far more trouble than you're worth. This way I can ensure that I get to murder you with my own hands but not until you watch your two lackeys fall at the hands of my androids... Kill them."

Wish I had some music to go along with this next part *sad face*

~*~*~*~Roy~*~*~*~

"...Kill them."

Roy threw the massive blade up just in the nick of time to block the android's arm nearly ripping into his chest. The blow itself was strong enough to send him careening off the roof as he warped as far away from the android that came after him. As soon as Roy stopped dashing though, the android had already caught up to him and caught him with a stiff punch to the jaw. Doing his best to keep his grip on the massive sword in his hands Roy spread his wings and tried dashing away again only to fly right into another blow to the face. Dammit, he thought realizing that Vega hadn't been lying when he said these models were the same as the one he had because it his abilities as well.

Once he realized this Roy took a big swing with the sword in his hand making him almost do a front flip without having the ground to stop the blade from going any further. Adapt easily avoided the sword as it spread its fingers which grew to nearly three times their length and gleamed when it took a swipe at him. Roy flew backwards just as a loud explosion of rubble sounded behind him as the others went on fighting, distracting him for just a moment but long enough so that Adapt was able to rake its claws down his chest. Roy let out a cry before taking another painfully slow swing with his sword which Adapt caught between its hands, the clash of the metal let out such a high pitched whining sound that Roy thought his ears were about to start bleeding. It was cut short however as Adapt threw the massive blade down and grabbing hold of Roy's face and before he even realized what was happening Roy was being slammed into the side of a building.

There was another whirring sound as the hand that was gripping his face was quickly reeled back toward Adapts arm. Roy let out a sigh before looking up at the android lock its hand back into place before pointing a palm towards him with a faint red glow begin to emit from it. What was he thinking, Roy wondered as he watched the android's hand power up whatever it was about to fire at him. Have them fight us? He thought with a hint of anger as he remembered Leon telling Vega to sick these things on them. Did he not realize just how out matched they really were, or did he just want to act like this was some sort of big hero moment? Vega was right; they couldn't handle one of these things when there were four of them so what chance did he have when fighting it all by his self.

Closing his eyes and doing the one thing he hated more than anything in admitting when he was beaten Roy just waited for the beam to hit him and this could all be done with. At least that was his plan until... "Roy!" He heard her voice crying out making his eyes snap open to find that Lauren was looking down at him from the fourth tower. "Roy get up! Please don't die we need your help! That things killing Leon, and it sounds like Carny's being ripped apart on the other tower! We need you!"

Adapt turned its head toward her and whether it thought Roy wasn't a threat any longer or some other reason it turned its palm toward her and right before his eyes a red beam shot out from its palm. Lauren let out a scream as the red beam came at her and everything slowed down at that point as Roy felt his eyes flash and he was right in front of her before he even knew it and bringing the massive blade down with both hands. He wasn't quite sure what exactly happened but the beam was just gone and the blade suddenly felt so much lighter in his hand as he turned around to make sure Lauren was alright. She was thank god, but he couldn't say the same. There was a harsh ache in his forehead and when he reached up to see why it was that he was aching he felt something smooth like an egg emerging from his forehead. On top of that he could actually feel horns sprout up from under his hair but other than that he could tell there was no other difference except that he had a second wind now.

"Lauren," He said in a voice that was slightly deeper and more gravely than before but he didn't pay it any mind. "Stay down, don't draw attention to yourself. These things will kill you if you give them the chance so please just don't"

Looking up at him with a sense of awe in her eyes Lauren nodded before Roy turned around and found Adapt already rushing up at him. It brought its knee up only to have Roy catch it as if he had all the time in the world and using the android's own momentum launched it straight up in the air. It was twirling like a ragdoll for all of two heartbeats before it vanished in a flash of light yet surprisingly Roy was able to follow its every move. Singling out where it was heading he gripped the sword and dashed forward as hard as he could arriving far sooner than Adapt did telling him that his warping had gotten even faster. Still Roy spun around bringing the sword with him connecting with something solid and before he knew it two halves of Adapt were flying past Roy's head.

He turned around and not wanting to take any chances that these models might be able to rebuild themselves he dashed forward and reappeared alongside Lauren on the roof of the fourth tower while several shaving sized bits of metal fell down to the ground below. Lauren let out a shriek when he appeared and whether it was because of her shriek or something else Roy suddenly fell forward, feeling far, far weaker than he had just a moment before. The blade fell from his hand and hit the roof with a loud clang stirring one of the others though he wasn't quite sure which one as he fell on all fours. Lauren's arm was around his shoulders in no time as Roy began to retch as if he were about to puke but nothing ever came. What the hell's going on with me, he wondered as he continued to retch.

~*~*~*~Carny~*~*~*~

"...Kill them."

 Carny let out a scream before throwing himself at Vega only to have two of the three Adapt androids crash into him. The three of them tumbled back several feet with Carny managing to toss one of them away just in time to see Vega drive Leon right through the roof where they disappeared below. Carny immediately ran to follow only to have the Adapt that he didn't throw catch him by the ankle and drag him backwards. Carny saw a flash of orange on the ground as he turned around ready to slash at the android that had a hold of him only to find the second one had already recovered and had jumped in the air before bringing its fist down.

Carny saw the punch coming and moved his head to the side just in time to avoid getting his head smashed in before he kicked off the android that was holding him down. As soon as he could move again Carny tore into the android that'd tried killing him only to have it vanish in a silver flash. He let out an annoyed growl landing on all fours and turning around only to catch a kick to the side of the head that made him do a twist and land flat on his back. He was picking himself up when he was suddenly snatched up off the ground and the next thing he knew he was falling straight down to the ground below. Throwing his arm out and letting it stretch out until he was gripping the side of the building Carny used his arm like a grappling hook to bring himself toward the building.

When he was halfway toward the building and safety though one of the androids appeared by his hand and ripped it off the wall sending Carny down once again. He spun around in midair as best he could and made to do the same to another one of the towers only to have both androids appear beside him and grab an arm. Try as he might Carny couldn't get either one of them off of his arms, so he did the only thing he could think of and turned his body around so that they were the ones that would hit the ground instead of him. As they fell Carny thought for sure that both androids were willing to commit suicide if it meant taking him out of the equation, because even with them breaking his fall there was no way he'd be able to get up and help Leon.

The androids however both vanished in a flash of light dragging Carny's arms with them and the next thing he knew he was standing back on the roof of the second tower. Both androids were fighting to break free of Carny's grip but now that he had them both in one place Carny wasn't about to let go of either of them. Realizing this at the same time the androids fingers grew to nearly three times their original length mimicking his own claws as they began to slash and tear at Carny's arms. Carny felt his eyes flash again, screaming at the top of his lungs as he pulled both androids toward him and banging their heads together as hard as he could.

The clang that came off of the androids banging heads was so sharp and hard that Carny felt the impact travel all the way down his arms to his body. Both androids' heads were dented but it didn't bother them one bit as they turned to Carny and as one they began to shred his torso with their claws. Carny tried stretching his arms out to keep them away from him but no matter how far he pushed them, the both shot their hands out and brought themselves right back to Carny where they resumed their attack on him. At this point Carny was no longer holding onto either of the androids, they were staying by him of their own free will. And why wouldn't they, Carny wasn't even able to stand by himself anymore as the androids were only a few more slashes away from gutting him like some dead animal.

His vision wasn't doing so well either with the androids in front of him slowly fading in and out of consciousness. He wasn't entirely sure what it was that was making his body keep fighting against these things, but whatever it was wasn't letting him just close his eyes and die. That was when he so a bright red flash before he heard a loud explosion somewhere not too far from where he was. Red, he thought after the flash had long since vanished only to have a second reappear followed by another explosion, this time accompanied by what sounded like something big crashing to the ground below. Such a pretty color, he thought his eyes suddenly growing wider and wider and him getting angrier and angrier as the androids continued doing to him what he'd done to that Cyclops.

"NO!"Carny screamed throwing both of his hands upward grabbing both androids' heads and sending them straight up in the air.

Not a second later did their hands shoot straight down intending to bring them back down but before they even reached him Carny brought both of his arms to his sides, slamming the androids on the rooftop in the process. Bringing his arms back to him Carny flipped up to his feet noticing the pool of blood that was at his feet. Kneeling down he ran his hands through the blood and only then did he realize that this pool was made up of his blood and his left hand went up to his torso which had been absolutely shredded. When his fingers made contact with the bloody remains of his abdomen he felt something mentally snap. He shot straight up to his feet and let out a scream that made the ones he'd made earlier sound tame before looking at both Adapts on either side of him.

"NO!" He screamed again before shooting both hands out toward them. Neither android moved as his now enlarged hands grabbed each of them by their heads nearly enveloping them when he did. Still screaming Carny brought both arms forward slamming the androids together again, only this time he threw himself back on the ground bringing them with him as they hit the roof top just above his head. Looking up at them with his now wild and glowing eyes Carny let his lips curl up into a wicked smile before speaking in a tone that held nothing but insanity and anger in it. "Tell me, do machines bleed? I'm dying to find out."

With that said Carny rolled over so that he was standing over the androids and stretched out his arms so that he was high above them. He let out a laugh as he slingshoted himself straight down stomping on both of the androids' heads with each foot before lifting them up. The androids immediately started slashing away at him which only made Carny laugh even more before he tossed one right off the edge of the tower. He knew it wouldn't be very long before it was back but he didn't care. Grabbing the arm of the android he still had Carny let go of its head and brought his head forward cracking it off of the android's metal head. There was a loud whirring and for a moment its movements became much more sluggish which made Carny simply point and laugh.

"Dumb-dumb," He said maniacally before grabbing its head between both of his hands and began to squeeze with all of his might. The metal of the androids head began to creak as it cracked but Carny didn't care. "Carny will crush you into insy winsy little parts dumb-dumb. Then I'll dance on top of you while I SCREEEEEAAAAAM!"

The android's head had broken but just before Carny was able to crush it completely he felt a horrible pain shoot through his back and when he turned he found the other Adapt. Before it did anything else Carny grabbed its head with his enlarged hand before letting out a shrill screech as an orange glow went down both of his arms. Two small explosions went off in both hands with the Adapt that Carny had been crushing going absolutely limp while the other was still trying to fight, however weakly that may have been.

Letting go of the one that wasn't moving Carny tackled the other one, and the two of them tumbled over and over until they were dangerously close to the edge. Carny grabbed it by the shoulders and slammed it so that its head was dangling over the edge and he grabbed both of its arms before he stood up. "You don't need these anymore because Carny says so!" Putting his foot to the android's chest Carny began pulling up harder and harder in violent twisting motions until finally he managed to rip the android's arms right off. Tossing them both over the edge Carny straddled the android's waist and grabbed onto its chest plate before leaning down until he was right in its face. "Tell me, does a machine know pain? If so than that means you scream right?"

Not waiting for an answer, as if it could give him one, Carny tugged on the chest plate over and over until finally he managed to rip it right off revealing a chest full of circuits and wires. Angry that there were no bones, organs, or fountains of his favorite liquid Carny grew angry and plunged his hands inside ripping out anything and everything he could find. Yet despite this the android did not scream and that only angered Carny even more as he continued raiding the android's chest until finally the only thing left was a pulsating blue orb where the heart should have been.  Letting out a growl Carny reached inside and grabbed it making the android finally let out that sound that he'd wanted to hear. He watched the android struggle and scream below him when he touched the little orb and a wicked smile splayed across his face as he grabbed it.

"That hurts does it?" He screamed his grip tightening on the orb ever so slowly until finally it popped in his hand like a water balloon with a strange blue liquid coating his hand. As soon as the orb popped however the android quit moving and Carny was mad that he couldn't make it scream anymore so to cope he threw both of them over the edge of the building, where he watched as they slowly fell to the ground. He smiled and laughed when they finally landed and practically exploded on the pavement below, he was so happy by the fact that he'd seen it in fact he got up and started hopping from one foot to the other singing while he did. "Carny throws you over the edge, and down, down you fall until you go SPLAT! SPLAT, SPLAT, SPLAT! You all go splat when Carny throws you over the edge. Splat you go when you hit the ground below! Hahahaha he ho hooooo hahaha. SPLAT!" Carny snarled the final word as his anger over took him again and he fell to his knees holding his head with both hands, sweat dripping off the point of his nose as he panted. Something in his head had finally snapped, beyond repair, snapped even for him and it scared him.

Throwing his body backwards so that he hit the roof he let out a scream. "GA-AAAAAH! CARNY WANTS MORE! MORE SPLATS! HE WANTS MORE TO GO SPLAT!!!!"Rolling over on his side still holding his head and actually shaking so bad his teeth--or lack thereof--began to chatter and he began to hold himself before he began muttering. "More...I- I want more. More must go splat. I will have more, I must, Carny will have more. And this time there will be-....BLOOD!"

Carny's insane rantings were cut short when he heard someone screaming not too far from where he was. His head shot up and like a drug addict he scrambled over to the edge of the building looking for where it'd come from. His eyes narrowed when he finally saw where it'd come from as he saw several people standing on the fourth tower watching as some other fight went on in the main tower. He didn't care about the fight though, the only thing he was concerned with was the people that he saw and his lips slowly curled into a smile again as he got up. "Splat..."

~*~*~*~Lauren~*~*~*~

"Oh my god Roy!" Lauren called out when the boy fell forward and began to dry heave. The feathers that outlined his face and arms fell off as if they were part of some cheap costume that was falling apart and Lauren looked over to Nick who was still working on waking Kayos beside a barely conscious Natalia. "Nick! What the hell's happening to him?"

The young demon's head looked over at her and when he saw Roy doing what he was doing he left Kayos and stumbled over to them. "Get him on his side." Nick told her as he practically shoved Roy over on his side and he looked down at his eyes. Whatever he saw he let out a sigh and looked up at Lauren before he spoke. "His body is only adjusting. He'll be fine it just needs to pass, but I don't understand is why his body is reacting this way. This only happens to really young demons who transform for the first time. Their body needs to adjust for the mass muscle growth, but this should've happened to him a long time ago..."

Looking down at Roy continue to dry heave right in front of her nearly broke Lauren and she almost gave away his secret. But hearing Nick say that he would be okay quickly put an end to that. Yet even still she could feel Nick's eyes upon her as if he somehow knew that she knew something he didn't. She looked up and indeed found those yellow eyes on her and an almost expectant face looking back at her. She wasn't sure what it was but Lauren was feeling the pressure on her to give an explanation on her to tell Nick what it was that was causing this, and just when she was about to crack again she was saved by Roy shooting up to his hands and knees and taking in a very sharp breath. Lauren almost let out a yelp when he did, and even more so when he all but collapsed against her and was breathing as if he couldn't get enough air in his lungs.

Roy looked up at her from where he laid, the golden flecks in his eyes now appearing much more prominent as his hand found its way to hers. Lauren took a sharp breath and squeezed his hand before hearing a thud behind her. She looked up to see Nick had gone perfectly still as if something he didn't like had appeared, but before she could even ask what was wrong she felt an unimaginable pain shoot through her back. She let out a scream and her hand shot to her side as she fell forward, it felt as if someone had just dragged four jagged blades across her back. Roy's eyes went wide as the two of them fell away from the edge and when Lauren looked up she found Carny perched on the edge of the roof his tongue darting out and actually tasting her blood on his claws.

Once he'd licked his claws those orange eyes glared down at them all as a very low growl began to build itself up in his throat. His face for the longest time was blank until finally he smiled which was so much worse than when he was glaring at them as he pointed at them all. "One little, two little, three little demons," He sang before his finger stopped on Lauren. "And one little...human. With such pretty blood too..."

Carny threw himself at her and Lauren let out a scream as he landed on top of her his claws raking their way down her stomach as she fought and kicked at him to try and get him off. Nothing worked though, if anything Carny seemed to enjoy that even more as the sharp stinging pain of him cutting her sides shot through her. She heard everyone else screaming for him to get off of her but Carny seemed deaf to it as he glared down at her with such fury in those eyes that Lauren felt chilled to the bone just looking at them. Finally Roy and a still groggy Natalia grabbed Carny by the arms and hauled the psychotic demon off of her before pinning him against the edge of the building. Lauren slunk back behind Nick who was forming a protective shield with his own body while the other two were struggling to hold Carny down.

"No!" He screamed as he actually began to froth at the mouth before trying again to lunge at Lauren who just curled up in a ball behind Nick. She was still unable to take her eyes from Carny's bloodshot eyes as he stared at her with what she could only describe as hate while he continued wailing his insanity at the two that were holding him down. It was like he didn't understand why they were doing this and that he felt betrayed that they wouldn't let him at Lauren. "You don't understand! I have to! I have to- taste her sweet red nectar flowing through her veins! LET ME GO DAMN YOU!"

Finally Lauren's worst fears were realized as Natalia in her groggy state just couldn't stand to hold Carny down any longer and was tossed aside leaving Carny's right arm free. He let out a screech before stretching his arm towards Lauren but Roy grabbed his wrist just before it got too far but that did more harm than good. For as soon as Roy had a hold of Carny's hands the other demon latched onto Roy slamming him against the edge of the roof and actually bit into his neck. Roy let out a cry of pain as Carny twisted his head and actually ripped a very small chunk of skin out of Roy's shoulder. Carny spat it out and in the process caught sight of Lauren again and lunged at her again only to have Roy's arms come around his waist and haul him away.

The two demons grappled for several seconds but it was made painfully clear just who was stronger when Carny had Roy on the ground and slashed at him with his claws. "Stay down Birdie!" Carny screeched before turning around and sprang at Lauren again. But just before he reached both her and Nick, Kayos grabbed the demon by the throat and slammed him against the small metal stand that was near them. Carny let out a choking sound as he struggled and kicked out as one would expect anyone who was being strangled to do. "Let me go!"

Kayos didn't even bother talking back to the insane demon; he just glowered at him with those awful red eyes of his and tightened his hand around Carny's throat. Lauren watched in horror as Carny's eyes rolled in the back of his head and he began making and awful coughing sound before his entire body went limp. Only then did Kayos let go and tossed Carny to the ground and shocking even herself Lauren rushed over to Carny to see if Kayos had just killed him. Touching her fingers to his throat she felt a faint beating of a pulse before Carny's eyes flew open again and he took in a sharp breath shooting up so fast that Lauren fell on her back. Roy was in front of her in an instant and Kayos had Carny up against the wall just as fast, but Lauren could see that this wasn't even Carny anymore.

"Stop it!" She screamed as she saw a look of panic in those orange eyes telling her that this was Cole. "He has a split personality, this one is friendly!"

"Friendly or not I won't tolerate what he just did." Kayos said raising Cole up even higher and digging his fingers into the other demon's throat so hard that she could actually see blood being drawn.

"I'm fine okay," She said beating Kayos shoulder as hard as she could but she might as well have been hitting a huge tractor tire for all the good it was doing her. "I know how he is; he didn't mean to do what he just did now let him go!"

"I don't care about what he did to you human." Kayos said his red eyes giving off the very faintest of glows. "I've spent my entire life protecting you humans because it was right. But now I have a son to protect and I'll choose him over you every time."

"Leon's the one who brought Carny in!" Lauren screamed grabbing Kayos' hand and tried pulling him off. "If you're so worried about him than go help him he's fighting right now and he's losing!"

At that Kayos turned to look at her before scoffing. "I'm not talking about that disgrace." And for just a moment Lauren didn't know what to say and her eyes suddenly darted to Nick who Leon had always referred to as his little brother. But Nick had assured her time and time again that he and Leon didn't share any blood relation and that their 'brotherhood' was just symbolizing how close they were to each other. So that only left-

"Let him go," Roy said in a firm voice as he gripped Kayos by the wrist. The older demon looked at Roy with a harsh glare but said nothing, but he didn't move either which made Roy get right in the demon's face. "I'm not going to tell you again."

"And here I thought you wanted to protect humans," Kayos said almost tauntingly but he did let go of Cole who fell straight down on all fours and sounded like he was going to cough up a lung. "Why would you want to save this one after all the lives he's taken?"

"It's not me that wants him alive." Roy said glancing at Lauren which Kayos caught and let out a scoff as his lips curled up into a smirk.

"Well then let’s just hope that you're decision is the right one."

"Oh my god who cares!" Nick exclaimed getting in between Roy and Kayos and looking directly at Kayos as he went on. "Look I know you don't like him, but Leon is still blood and he'd being beaten to death right now by some freaky ass android. As his father aren't you even going to try and help him?"

Kayos simply looked at Nick for a moment and he opened his mouth as if he were about to say something when another loud explosion went off, and they were all watching as the top three floors of the main tower began to implode on themselves. Kayos let out a sigh before he crossed his arms over his chest as two figures flew from the building and crashed into the third tower's antenna. "Doesn't seem to me like he needs my help at all." Kayos said indifferently and Lauren looked at him just as Roy stood beside him and in that one moment she saw it. It was small, but there were definitely some similarities between the two of them. But was she the only one who caught what it was that Kayos had just said? "Now let's just see if he can pull this off."

~*~*~*~Leon~*~*~*~

"You're disappointing me Leon!" Vega yelled before punching Leon so hard in the stomach that he was lifted right off the roof and slammed down on the ground. Leon rolled to his feet and was trying to mount some kind of offence but those three explosions had taken far more out of him than he'd expected they would. And to make matters even worse was the fact that none of those explosions had done any significant damage to Vega unlike before when he'd managed to blow Vega's entire left arm and part of his torso apart. Now he was barely even denting his armor and he couldn't understand why. "Pathetic," Vega said right after Leon caught him with a hard punch to the left side of the head. "This is a real punch!"

Vega threw a punch of his own that caught Leon almost on the crown of his head and sent him straight down to the roof. He didn't hear anything from the other two fights that were going on around them anymore and leaving him wondering who had won. The last he saw of Carny, he was falling straight down to the ground below and Roy had vanished entirely from view. Did they lose and those other three androids were on their way to them right now? Or had Carny and Roy somehow managed to pull off a miracle and beat those three androids? He didn't have a lot of hope for that one but he needed some reason to get them away from Natalia and the others, but he might've just sacrificed Lauren's boyfriend and the only other demon that Leon trusted outside of Nick and Natalia. He hated not knowing, even more than the fact that he couldn't do a damn thing against Vega right now.

It seemed that no matter what he did or what he tried Vega had an answer for it all thanks to that damn armor of his. When Adapt bonded itself to him it was like it brought out all the best qualities in Leon and gave them to Vega. His strength was increasing the longer this fight dragged out and for whatever reason Leon couldn't feel his heart beating anymore within his chest. Had he taken too much damage? Or was something more happening within him? He wasn't sure but whatever it was he wished that it would just be done with because at this rate he really might die. His strength was less than it'd been before he transformed, and his concussive waves only seemed like little firecrackers to Vega. At the same time though, Leon couldn't feel a single hit that Vega was throwing at him and that in and of was a mystery.

Why, Leon wondered as Vega knocked him on down to his knees and booted him in the ribs nearly sending him over the edge. The only thing that stopped him from going over was Vega's hand shooting out from his arm and snatching Leon right off the ground before he caught him with a hard blow right to the face. Why aren't I feeling these hits, he asked himself. He knew Vega had just hit him, hard too, but in all honesty if Leon hadn't been awake and aware of his surroundings he never would've noticed the hit. Vega left Leon up by the shredded rags that were left of his shirt and let out a scoff before he raised his hand up with a red glow beginning to emit from it.

"And here I thought you were actually worth my time." Vega said as the hole in his palm emitted an even brighter red light. "Apparently the joke was on me."

The beam powered up with a loud whirring sound and suddenly Leon was flying through the air staring up at the sky. The skin along his right cheek was burned he knew because he could see the black singed parts but even still he didn't feel thing. Even when he finally landed back in the main tower which had its top floors practically been demolished by the fighting that they'd been doing within. He landed with a loud squelching as a long metal rod pierced his chest before the stone that it was connected to stopped him from going any further. He hung there with his hands and feet dangling like he'd seen in a horror movie. He didn't want to move, not because of the pain or the lack thereof but because his body just didn't want to listen to what his brain was telling it to do.

Was this what he meant when he said I would tire eventually, Leon wondered as he stared up at the nearly dark sky. The moon was already out but the sun had yet to fully set, yet he could see that the stars were out regardless. Why am I thinking like this he wondered feeling a little annoyed with his own self? I'm not one for deep sentimental thoughts, so why the hell am I frozen up like this? To that Leon didn't know the answer, what he did know was that Vega was now looming over him, his massive body casting a large shadow over Leon as he grabbed the metal rod and began pulling it out. He did this with his foot on Leon's stomach to keep him from coming up with the rod, and all the while Leon didn't even twitch he just sat there watching the rod being pulled out from his chest with bits of flesh here and there.

"Dead." Vega said once the rod was out and Leon still hadn't moved. "Apparently I over estimated you quite a bit. You weren't special just some demon who believed himself better than what he was."

"Leon!" Natalia's voice screamed so loud that some of the loose bits of rubble clattered from their spots and down to the ground below. "Get up! I didn't come here just to see you die damn you! I came here to tell you that you're going to be a father!"

Leon's eyes went wide at that as his head turned around to look in the direction that Natalia's voice had come from. He saw her, she had a bruise on the side of her face and her hair was all over the place but she seemed okay. Did I hear that right, Leon wondered lifting his head up and looking at Natalia standing among the others. He could pick out Nick and Lauren looking at her in shock, Roy was there too and had a similar look on his face, but it was his father's face that caught his attention. Kayos' eyes were large and even from here Leon could sense the disbelief resonating from his father. Natalia must've noticed him moving because she called out to him again. "Yes, a father! I'm pregnant and I came here to tell you about it because I want to live with you and we can raise our child together-"

Vega's hand shot out and before Leon or any of them could react a red beam shot out from his palm causing a small explosion right in front of Natalia. "NO!"Leon screamed shooting straight up and catching Vega with a punch so hard that it actually launched him the 100 or so feet back to the third tower. Turning back around Leon jumped from the main tower over to where Natalia and the others were just as the smoke started to clear. "Natalia, are you-"

"I'm fine." She said from behind Kayos who by the looks of it had jumped in front of her and taken the front of the beam Vega had fired at her. Leon looked up at the older demon who looked hurt but he was too proud to let it show on his face so Leon just pushed him aside before wrapping his arms around Natalia. "I'm sorry- I wanted to tell you at a better time but-"

"Don't worry about it." Leon said pulling away and giving her a kiss on the forehead before looking into her bright purple eyes. "I'll pretend like I never heard it okay and you can tell me after-"

Leon didn't get a chance to finish before a hand seized him by the shoulder and yanked him off of his feet and through the air back to the third tower. Vega's hand locked back into place as he tossed Leon straight down. "I'm impressed, that actually hurt-"

Leon caught him with another hard blow to the jaw that actually sent him sprawling to the ground where he struggled to get back up but was tripping over his own body. "Shut up." Leon said raising his fist up and slowly curling it back into a fist as his arms began to give off a very bright red glow. "You say you're annoyed by how long I'm taking to die? Well I'm pissed off that it took me this long to kill a motherfucking human!"

Vega's eyes went wide as Leon grabbed him by the ankle and lifted him straight up in the air before slamming him straight back down. "All my life, I've been putting up with so many awful things and just accepting them for the truth that they are." Leon said raising his foot up and stomping straight down actually crushing Vega's left leg as it came down. He let out a scream but Leon grabbed him by the head cutting him off. "And the minute I find out something good is actually going to happen in my life, you try to take it away? You. A human think you're worthy of killing a demon?! That alone is enough to piss me off, but you go after the only person in this world that's ever made me truly happy.

"I'm not Carny, I won't drag this out for my own enjoyment oh no." Leon said as a bright red light began to travel down his arm. "You'll die a swift death to remind you just how low you humans are on the food chain."

Just before the light reached Vega however he blasted Leon in the stomach with that red beam but instead of sending him flying again it only made him take a few steps back. Vega though was already on his feet and his right hand was whirring as he thrust his hand forward. Leon did the same and their palms struck each other with a loud explosion that sent shivers up Leon's arm but Vega let out a loud scream as his hand darted to his right arm. When the smoke cleared Vega was cradling a stump while Leon's hand was perfectly fine as he rushed the human his left hand already charged up and ready to finish this. Just before he could reach him however Vega leaped into the air with two massive wings shooting from his shoulders.

Leon saw this and immediately jumped straight up his left hand reaching for any part of Vega that he could grab. However Vega threw back his head before a large purple orb shot out from his mouth. Leon thought threw his hand forward and the concussive wave from his hand completely obliterated the scream. But the explosion itself sent Leon back down to rooftop where he couldn't get at Vega who was laughing triumphantly from where he hovered well out of Leon's reach.

"I win Leon," He said. "You can't reach me from where you are; meanwhile I can reach you with my own attacks."

"When are you going to shut the hell up?" Leon shouted before jumping straight up at Vega who fired another purple orb at him.

Leon saw it coming a mile away and with both hands he grabbed it before leapfrogging right over it sending it straight down into the third tower's roof. There was a crash and Leon could only assume that the building was coming down at this point because of the sheer volume of the crashing he heard behind him. He didn't care though; he only cared about getting his hands on Vega who didn't know what to do when Leon finally reached him. He clung to Vega's shoulder while the human tried his damndest to throw him off but Leon held on relentlessly until finally he grabbed a hold of one of Vega's wings. He sent a pulse of his energy straight down his arm blowing the metallic wing right off and sending the two of them plummeting the 40+ floors to the ground.

"You fool!" Vega screamed shooting his one good hand out to one of the other towers but Leon had already seen that coming. His hand was gripping Vega's shoulder and before he knew it Vega's left arm was gone and the two of them were falling once again. "You idiot, this fall won't kill me but this will kill you!"

Another purple orb was forming in Vega's mouth but Leon's glowing hand clamped the human's mouth shut before he lowered himself down so that their faces were only inches apart. "Bang." Another explosion went off right in Leon's hand this time however Vega's head was caught right in front of it. Leon let go of what remained of Vega's shoulder before he grabbed the part of him that'd once held his head. "Just so that I know you're dead!"

Leon spun around in midair and threw Vega's headless body as hard as he could straight down where it hit the ground in an instant. Even from where he was Leon heard the hard cracking of the cement breaking when Vega's metal body hit it. Flexing his hands until they were both balled up into tight fists as Leon's entire right arm began to give off a bright red glow, he turned his body so that he was falling at a nose dive straight at Vega's body. "Bang!" He threw his hand out just before he hit the ground and Vega's body, and another even larger explosion than before went off. The force of it not only stopped Leon's fall for a moment allowing him for a relatively soft landing, but it also created a crater that was easily ten feet across and just as far down in the ground.

Leon hit the ground hard enough to make him bounce but not hard enough to severely hurt him like he would've been had he not done what he'd just done. But when he looked around him he saw no sign whatsoever of Vega's body which surprised even him. He expected for something to still be around, he didn't think that explosion would've vaporized him. But his attention was brought upwards when he heard Natalia again calling his name. He looked up at the fourth tower where they were standing and at the other towers which he was surprised were still standing. He felt his lips curl up in a smile before he raised his hand so that his palm was pointing straight up and sent a very small amount of his energy flow through his arm signaling that he was alright.

He was about to climb out of the crater when he noticed a metallic gleam out of the corner of his eye and he turned to see a small piece of Vega's armor sticking out from the ground. He bent over and picked it up, it was about the size of his thumb and even still he saw a very small black liquid begin to form on its edges. Leon scoffed before closing his hand around the shard and crushing it before sending another wave through his hand. When it was done he began to rub his fingers together letting the dust sprinkle out along the dirt before he looked back up at the fourth tower where the others were no doubt trying to find a way down.

"So," He said with the beginnings of a grin on his face. "A dad huh?"

WOOO He did it!!!! Leon killed him!!!! So what’d you guys think? I know their fight wasn’t long at all, in fact it wasn’t really even a fight it was more Leon either getting his butt kicked or he was kicking major butt. Sorry about that but I wanted to feature Roy and Carny fighting too just to show you all that Leon isn’t the only one that’s getting stronger and also that Carny isn’t the cuddly demon some may think he is haha. But I gotta ask whose catchphrase do you guys like more, Leon’s “Bang.” Or Carny’s “What color do you bleed?” AND What di you all think about this final fight? Let me know down below!!!!

PS – I may be taking a break after this chapter so I can get caught up in school so I MIGHT not update next week but check in just in case!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 90 26
Long ago, when human beings were still hunting with spears and still lived in castles and mud homes, there lived the supernatural. During that time...
350 34 24
The Gates of Heaven and the Pits of Hell are open, the time has come for the final battle. Angels and demons clash with the fate of the world in the...
361 0 22
After Daniel and Demonic got married and took over the kingdom, they had 2 children. A son, Huro Farian, and a daughter, Zila Alexanders. Huro and Zi...
98 9 30
The world is dying. Heaven and Hell have broken and collapsed, creating a post-apocalyptic landscape that is part purgatory, part platonic world of i...