In Safe Hands (PuzzleShipping)

De AuthorUprising36

Yugi is a college student who just graduated from Medical school with the highest scores in class. He is acce... Mai multe

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Epilogue

Chapter 36

2.5K 133 40
De AuthorUprising36

The next day, Yugi and Yami were paired for several surgeries and operations together. They enjoyed the work and even more so that they were able to do it together. It had been a long while since they were able to work together this way and they enjoyed it a lot more than their usual work.

Yami and Yugi stood at the entrance of the emergency section of the large hospital that they worked at and they chatted together. Yami and Yugi had been getting closer than they ever had since their relationship had become official.

"And then I said: 'I have a name you know!!' " Yami laughed, making Yugi laugh harder, "Then he returned with a 'Really? What is it?' And I said: 'I DON'T KNOW'!!"

Yugi doubled over with laughter, his back against the wall as he listened to Yami's extremely humorous jokes and stories that he had to tell. He loved to listen to Yami's funny remarks and to hear his contagious laughter.

Nothing could compare, according to Yugi.

"Oh!!" Mana skipped over after just carefully removing a couple garments of surgical equipment from the previous surgery she had just spent more than four hours on, "Tell him about the Big Mouth Frog!"

Yami suddenly laughed and nodded. Yugi eyed him and tilted his head. What was all this about a big mouth frog?

"Okay, Lemme tell you a story, okay?" Yami looked at Yugi, smiling widely, his eyes full of life, "And by the way, this is 100% not true!"

Mana leaned on the wall next to Yugi and grinned at him, reassuring him that he was going to enjoy this story just as he had been enjoying all his other ones.

"So, there was this kid Big Mouth Frog, okay?" Yami went through the story, "The Big Mouth Frog goes up to Momma Big Mouth Frog and says..."

Suddenly, Yami began to talk in an exaggerated tone, widening his mouth far wider than normal as he said,

"Mooooom?? Can I go outsiiiiide to plaaaaaaay?"

Yugi giggled upon seeing how funny Yami looked as he said that. Mana snorted and covered her mouth, stifling her laughter.

Yami smiled.

"The mother said 'of course of can, dear! But be careful! The outside world can be pretty scary and dangerous at times!" Yami continued, "So the Baby Big Mouth Frog nodded and said 'okaaaaaay! I'll be careful!' And he was off!

"Now, soon the Baby Big Mouth Frog came to a snake. Upon seeing him, Baby Big Mouth said: Hiiiiiii mister snaaake!! IIII am a big mouth froooooog! And I eat fliiiiiiies! What do yoooou eat?" Yami said in his exaggerated voice once more, "The snake looked at him and said "Iiiiiii am a sssssssnake. And I eat miccccccce.' The Baby Big Mouth Frog nodded and hopped away. Soon, he came to an alligator!"

Yugi sighed. He knew something like this was going to happen. It usually does. Yami was going to continue when suddenly, the double doors to the entrance of the Emergency Room burst open and a group of paramedics rushed in with a gurney.

"Guys!! Guys!! Move out of the way!! We gotta get some help here!!!!" One called at the head, glancing around.

Yami was the first one off to the gurney and Yugi was close behind him. Mana also followed, all three of them rushing over to inspect the person that was brought in.

Yugi and Yami both rushed over to one paramedic with a clipboard who looked up at them.

"What have we got?" Yugi beat Yami to the asking.

"This is Alexis Rhodes. Just now, There was an accident on highway 390, right outside of the Duelist Academy a couple blocks away. This was the victim of the crash, whose foot and lower leg was caught under the dashboard. Her brain is fine and her heart is functional, but she might have a couple broken ribs."

Yugi winced and looked at Yami, who swiftly slipped on a new pair of gloves as he listened intently to her.

"...it...hurts...." The patient on the gurney said, the voice being female, "O-Ow..."

Yugi rushed over to grab a couple tools for inspection.

Yami reached the whimpering patient and gaped when he realized what he was dealing with. He looked at the face, a blonde headed girl in a blue uniform lay there with her head fixed in a neck brace. She had tears down here face, whimpering.

Yami knew this voice from a patient he had before.

Yami stood over her head, gently resting his hands on her cheeks in a calming way. She looked up at him with a desperate gaze and he looked back down at her, reassuringly rubbing them.

"Hey...we got you." He muttered to her, "Everything is gonna be alright. I promise you that as soon as you are out of here, everything will be back to normal."

The patient squeezed her eyes closed briefly, wincing when pain blossomed from her leg when it was pressed by another doctor. Another doctor put an anesthetic mask on her face, causing her eyes to go loopy. They fell low as sleep threatened to take her.

"Hey, all you have to do is look at me." Yami said, lowering his face slightly, "Do you have any friends?"

It took a while to get an answer, but The girl slightly nodded, whimpering once more. Her eyes welled. Yami looked back, hearing a couple of people trying to get in.

"I-I gotta get in there!!" A brunette that Yami knew well tried to push himself past a wall of paramedics who had been on there way back to the ambulance

"Please, sir! We ask that you sit in the waiting room!"

"I CAN'T!! I need to stay with her!!!"

Alexis's eyes weakly widened.

"J-Jay...den..." She muttered.

Yami looked at him.

"Jaden, please!" He said, half sternly, half lightheartedly in order to keep Alexis calm, "We'll get this solved. You have nothing to worry about."

Jaden and he locked gazes for what seemed like forever and he finally gave in. With a heavy heart and a sigh, he turned out of the room and went out.

Alexis was now out of it. She had fallen asleep not long after the mask had been put on her face. Yami looked up and they went into an operating room nearby to begin operation. Before starting however, Yami and Yugi got in their attire, and they both were extremely worried about the outcome of this one.

A leg crushed under the dashboard was never ever a good thing. It usually resulted with permanent damage to that leg or worse, amputation.

Yami prayed it wasn't amputation that was had to be done. But he knew that it may as well might have been.

He rushed back in and they got to work. About an hour after surgery, Yami finally reached the part that had to be fixed and paled. He realized that there was no option.

"Guys, get the prosthetic limbs." He muttered, "Increase her anesthetic and grab me a scalpel."

Suddenly, the bustling team of doctors were shushed as they all stared at their captain for the operation. Their eyes were wide.

"Wh-Wait..." Mana looked at him, "You mean..."

Yami nodded grimly.

"But why??" Another doctor asked.

"Look at this, guys." Yami looked at each other doctor, "Every single vain and artery has been cut. All circulation to her foot has been depleted. It's useless now."

The doctors had nothing to say in return except to go along with their leader. Yami held the scalpel and careful began to cut around the socket of the part that was to be removed, his eyes slightly watering at the many ways that her friends and she may respond to this later.

The anesthetic was increased and that was signaled by a beep on the machine that say beside the operating table.

He hoped it was the right decision. There was nothing else he could do.

"I'm sorry, Alexis..." He muttered as he carefully cut the tissue, "I hope you understand what I'm doing..."

-------

A couple hours afterwards, the surgery was over and Yami and Yugi were the ones chosen to call the family and friends. They both stood in the doorway and a brunette boy jumped up, looking at them expectantly.

Everyone else in his group turned their gazes in his direction.

"Alexis Rhodes?" Yugi called and they nodded.

The brunette ran over to them as soon as they were a short distance away. Yami clutched the clipboard in his hand.

"H-How is she??" The brunette asked.

"Well, Alexis is fine now." Yugi nodded, his eyes slightly wide, "But..."

A light blue haired one with glasses stood and tilted his head.

"But...what??" He asked.

"We had to..." Yami muttered, looking down, "Make a couple of adjustments in order for her to live..."

The brunette's eyes widened wider than before. The others of their group jumped up and stared at Yami and Yugi.

"A-Adjustments??" The brunette stuttered, "L-Like what??"

Yami and Yugi exchanged nervous glances.

"We...we're forced to resort to..." Yugi started, sighing, "Amputation of her lower left leg..."

They all paled and the blue haired-glasses kid collapsed back into his seat, curling into a ball. He struggled to contain his years as he sat there in complete and total shock.

The others were just as surprised. Some were speechless. Others kept denying it over and over until they couldn't help but burst into tears.

The brunette ran to the other end of the room and leaned on the wall, looking up and shaking his head. Repeatedly, he muttered 'no'. But finally, he let his tears fall. Yami and Yugi walked over to him and tried to comfort all of them as best as they could.

But now, there wasn't much.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

3.5K 157 16
"Even though I love the staring, I'm not going anywhere aibou." Yugi is depressed because of Atem's leaving his world. Yugi knows that he is in a bet...
37.3K 1.1K 16
It's been 2 years since the Ceremonial Duel between Yami/Atem and Yugi. Yugi still hasn't gotten over that Yami has left for the afterlife and hasn't...
13.5K 347 14
THIS FANFICTION IS COMPLETE! ENJOY!! You are a young person on the run from the people you work for. You worked for a powerful person, but you know n...
160K 4.1K 33
Yami Sennen is the owner of a famous five star restaurant. He has been looking for love for the past few years, but hasn't found anyone yet. He meets...