Black Cat's Diaries Series: 1...

By Kuroenekoeve

"Revenge is the act that keeps me Alive and Lies are reason why I still have my Sanity" A girl who sacrificed... More

Introduction
Prologue
I: Black Cat: Headquarters
II: Yellow Mouse: Massacre
III: Yellow Mouse: Massacre (II)
IV: Black Cat: Main Estate
V: Golden Queen: Drina
VI: White Robin: Season
VII: White Robin: Season (II)
VIII: Black Cat: Kyrie Alice SchΓ€fer
IX: Black Cat: All Hallows' Eve
X: Red Spider Lily: Man of the Night
XI: Black Cat: In Hell
XII: Red Spider Lily: Man of the Night (II)
XIII: Blue Dog: Earl of Phantomhive
XIV: Blue Dog: His Thirteenth Birthday
XV: Blue Dog: His Thirteenth Birthday (II)
XVI: Black Demon Hound: Land of Bad Dogs
XVII: Black Demon Hound: Land of Bad Dogs (II)
XVIII: White Demon Hound: The Good Dog (III)
XIX: Black & White Kittens: Winter Solstice's Children
XX: Black Cat: Her Fourteenth Birthday
XXI: Blue Diamond: Cursed Hope Stone (I)
XXII: Orange Puppet: Hope Ring's Fair Lady (II)
XXIII: Orange Puppet: Hope Ring's Fair Lady (III)
XXV: Golden Ghosts: Respect Your Elders

XXIV: White Christmas: Her Family

15 1 0
By Kuroenekoeve

"Since, each of us is blessed with only one life, why not live it with a cat?"

-Robert Stearns

+++++++++++++

Christmas Day, 1888

London, England

[Headquarter]

Dear: Diary,

I don't understand what happened last night. How long was I in slumber?

The last thing I remembered, I was on my bed sleeping, like I was supposed to do. Then, the next I know, I woke up to find myself in a different residence, different garments and in Ciel's arms!

Once, I arrived home, I took a long bathe and check my body for anything abnormal, like evidence of assault, bruises or pain. None.

Who did this to me? I am definitely going to strangle that person who took me out from my room without my permission. But for now, I must restrain myself from my wrath.

Today is Christmas Day and the snow began to fall, again, all over London. The white snow tried to shield the impurities of the city from the world and turned it into a winter wonderland. Although, the snow will melt soon and becomes a water, just transparent shield.

I didn't sleep last night. I couldn't after I remembered what Ciel told me. Since last night, my heart has been pumping harder, supplying too much blood throughout my body, as if it wanted to get out from my chest by punching my ribs constantly. I mean, who wouldn't feel like this after a boy made a confession. A love confession!

Did Lady Elizabeth hear or seen anything? She was across the room, on Sebastian's arms and Ciel did shout his confession and his words did reverberate across that dark room.

So, Ciel knew about me all along. Black Prince did tell him about me, about my desire to have my own prince. But that was then; I was an innocent child and only want the things that only exist in fairy tales. Now, I am a different person, that little girl was long dead.

Now that I think about it, the ring is not on my thumb anymore. It must have disappeared in that mansion or somewhere. However, that structure is probably in rubbles by now after Her Majesty, ordered it for destruction.

Goodbye ring and I'm sorry Ciel, I should have given you the ring earlier.

"Artemis, Lady Christelle is home," Ariel said after she knocked on my bedroom door.

"I will be out soon," I replied back as I looked at the door.

I guess that's for now.

***

Since Oma is back, I must wear a feminine outfit. Ariel helped me put on the gold-embroidered and decorated, red gown that has the same color as the decorations of the house for Christmas, though different fabric as mine is made of silk.

As the 'Lady' of the house and today's host, I must act and be prim as a young woman. Although, whenever Sasuke saw me stroll around the mansion, he always looks surprise as if he has seen a ghost or something. By the way, it's not his first time seeing me in this type of garb. Last night, I was in a gown that I don't remember putting on myself, and he was there too with everyone else. Do I look weird in this garment?

When they approached the front of the, chandelier-filled and gold decorated, foyer, I walked on the long red carpet, that was set up by Ariel this early morning. I saw Oma, dressed in emerald and red colored gown as she put her golden curly locks in a high bun; enter the foyer with her brown-leather satchel bag. Behind her, I saw a tall young man dressed in black tailcoats as he brush his golden-red hair with his white-gloved hand. Adrian, it's been awhile.

"Guten Tag, Oma" I greeted her as Ariel took of her cloak and bag, which contains her writing materials.

I looked at Adrian and greeted him, while bowed and said as he looked up at me, "I'm home Your Grace and you look beautiful this morning," He looks so handsome as always. Then, I smiled in response to his compliment.

"Good day to you too, Enkelin. The gown suits you well, but I hope that this will be permanent, though I can't force you on something you don't want to do," Oma said as she walked toward me and hugged me.

"I missed you so much, Oma," I said as she continued to embrace me, as I saw Adrian's golden-green eyes I mouthed, I miss you too, as he smirked at me.

Suddenly, I heard a footsteps coming down from the stairwell. Sasuke. As Oma saw him from across the foyer she let's go and demand to know who the young man is an accused him of being my lover and I saw Adrian's face as his face turned into a rage. Before he can exert his anger, Ariel whispered something on his ear and he calmed down.

"Everyone, to the sitting room," I ordered and went to the sitting room. I must clear this misunderstanding before dinner.

***

When everyone is settled down on the couches and chairs, I glanced at the Christmas tree and to the audience as I stood in the middle of the room. I began to pace across the room and listen as my gown slide across the floor. Then, I stopped and faced them.

"Oma, this is Sasuke Chevalier an heir and Grand-pere's apprentice from Japan," After I introduced Sasuke, Oma smiled and seems to like him, after she glanced at him thoroughly from her spectacles. I just know that she is going to add him in that book of hers, Ideal Husbands for My Enkelin.

"Oh, Ich see. A future business Mann," she said as she felt satisfied. She's definitely adding him.

"Oma, don't ever dare," I said as I glared at her and she knows that I was referring to that list in that book.

"Es ist mein Buch, not yours my Enkelin," She said and smiled through her red lips. I'm already defeated.

"Do what you want," I mumbled and sighed as I relaxed myself on one of the couches next to Ariel.

I began to introduce Adrian to Sasuke, but Adrian just keeps glaring at Sasuke. Why is Ariel and Adrian dislike Sasuke that much? I hope everything will be fine, Christmas tree.

***

By Noon, Grand-pere, who wore black suit, and Baba, as usual a kimono but this time in green and red, arrived in a car rather that with my carriage. Still, the snow continues to pour from the sky and everything is covered with white, much worse than this morning.

"Monsieur Blackthorn, Madame Blackthorn. Good afternoon," Ariel and Adrian said as they both greeted Grand-pere and Baba as they entered the mansion; while Sasuke took the gifts out of the car and parked it inside the garage with the carriages. Ariel began to remove their coats and hats as Adrian took their hand bags.

"Grand-pere and Baba, thank goodness you both arrive here on time," I said as I hugged both of them. I thought they can't make it because of this snow as it continues to pile up throughout the streets.

"Oh my, our granddaughter looks beautiful as always," Baba said as she complimented me and they both noticed that I am wearing one of the newest gowns from the winter collection of Papillon Noire.

As Sasuke enter, he brought many boxes of gifts and probably it contains some of the newest products from the Papillon Noire.

"Good afternoon, Gregory. Chou." Oma said as she saw her Grand-pere and Baba. They rarely met and mostly during holidays or any family gathering. Although, I heard the Oma and Baba exchanged letters all the time from Germany and Japan, that's what Grand-pere told me.

"Oh, Christelle you look beautiful as always," Baba said as she approached Oma and hugged her. Since, Baba is small; Oma has to stoop down a little so that Baba can reach her shoulders.

"Thanks, you too my dear friend," Oma said as she hugged back Baba.

***

Minutes later, everyone settled in the sitting hall after Adrian and Sasuke brought all the gifts under the green-Christmas tree and lit up the fireplace, to warmen the room. We decided to spend our time in there until dinner.

Oma and Baba sat on one of the couches as they are engrossed with their conversations for almost half an hour now. It seems like they really enjoy each other's company.

"There has been a rumour going around that you are very friendly with the Earl of Phantomhive," Grand-pere began after he sipped his tea. After he said that Oma and Baba stopped their chat and focus their attention to Grand-pere and me. Also, I noticed that all of their eyes dart to my direction, as if I am being investigate for a crime that I didn't know I even committed.

"We are not friends. We just happen to meet at the same place, all the time" I said and tried to avoid their glances.

"You can't deceive me, child. I know your history with him. It's always hard to forget your first love," Grand-pere said and glance at Baba, who smiled at him, before he added, "If you want to be with him then you have to stop being Apollo and live as yourself, as Kharielle Artemis. Permanently,"

"He was your fiancé. I think he was surprised when he figured out that you were alive all along," Baba continued and mumbled, "Did you ever think how he felt after he found out that you were dead at that time'

I remembered that Baba and Grand-pere didn't know I was alive all along after months later in Germany. I glanced at Baba and saw Oma trying to comfort her as tears began to fall on her eyes.

When Adrian, Ariel and Sasuke heard the news that I was the Earl's previous fiancée, I saw surprised looked on their faces. I heard as Adrian is about to say something but Ariel shake her head at him to prevent him from interrupting the conversation. I never did mention to Adrian and Ariel my engagement with Ciel. Suddenly, Ariel excused herself and pulled Adrian and Sasuke out of the room and closed the door shut behind her.

"I think it would be better if he just forget everything about me" I stood up and ready to exit the room. As I reached the door, I looked behind them as I muttered, "I'm doing this for his own good"

After I exit the room and away from their sight, I stood close to the door to eavesdrop, I know it's wrong but I just have to listen to their opinions about me. Also, I don't see Ariel, Adrian and Sasuke in the foyer. They must be in the kitchen, preparing the meals for dinner.

"I don't know who the real Artemis is anymore. One minute she is kind and sweet girl, and before you know it, within a second, she becomes cold-hearted person," Oma mumbled and sighed.

"What did you expect? That child will never be the same when she witnessed her family being slaughtered in front of her," Grand-pere shouted.

"Is Apollo really dead? His body was not there, only a portion of his silver hair was left behind," Baba said as she continued to cry and I heard her sniffled, "My poor grandson"

"Do you think she really has something to do with this?" Grand-pere began. Is he referring to me?

"You mean that woman? Nathanael did warn me about his lineage and how it would threaten the crown," Oma spoke and I heard as she rummaged something from her satchel.

"Don't tell me she hired an assassin to kill them?" Baba gasped and continued to cry.

"Chou breath before you will faint, relax a little" Oma said as she calmed Baba, and continued, "No one wanted the crown."

"Maybe she just wanted to eradicate them permanently, just in case," Grand-pere said. I hear him stood from the couch and his footsteps getting closer to the door.

As I was to leave, I saw Ariel behind me and she immediately pulled toward my room as the door on the sitting room opened.

***

"Artemis, what were you doing?" Ariel whispered as she closed my bedroom door behind her, and continued, "Eavesdropping is very bad, hopefully this will not turn into a habit"

"I heard what I wanted to know. We all are in the same page, she is really the mastermind behind all of this," I said as I ignored question.

Then a fragment from that event echoed in my head. All hail the queen of England. Stop. Bang! Bang!

"Stop it! Please stop. Get out of my head. Get out!" I shouted as I crouched on the ground with both of hands covering my ears. Stop! Apollo, I'm sorry. Big brother, Artemis is very sorry.

As Ariel tried to pull me back to reality, the door instantly open and Adrian knelt in front of me. Then, I heard utter something, but I don't know if it belongs in my head or his.

"Artemis, I'm here. Please calm down," Adrian said as he removed my hands from my ears and forced me to face him, "We are here in England, not Cheshire"

"We are here, we will stay with you forever," Oma said as she helped me up. Mama and Papa also spoke that very sentence before those murderers entered the room while wearing with those masks.

***

After Adrian and Ariel set up the dining hall and lit up the fireplace, we entered and settled on our assigned chairs. I saw on the head of the table, while Grand-pere occupied the other end. Apollo and Ariel took a seat on the chairs closed to me, while Baba, Oma and Sasuke sat on the other chairs, close to Grand-pere.

The dining hall is decorated with gold and red garlands, as chandeliers hang from the ceiling as they brightened the room like drops of crystals. The table is covered with green tablecloth as golden lace cloth is place over it, while a giant candelabrum was placed on the middle of the long table with golden candles. The plates are porcelain which matching white napkin as the silvers is placed on the side of the plate in order of their usage. Tonight will be an informal table setting so that Ariel and Adrian can dine with us, plus, it's very inconvenient to use too many types of silverware, plates and glasses when it's just us family tonight.

"Artemis, are you perfectly alright?" Ariel whispered as she looked at me with worry.

"I'm fine, now" I replied as I saw her wearing a light-peach colored gown with green patterns. The gown suits her very well. I just need to distract myself and my Pandora's Box will close again.

"What a lovely arrangements and appetizing food, you both had prepared," Grand-pere complimented Ariel and Adrian, who gladly received the praised.

"We couldn't have done it without the help of Sasuke," Ariel added as she looked at Sasuke. Then I heard Adrian mumbled his disapproval and as I met his gazed he brushed his hair to avoid further eye contact.

"Sasuke? Sasuke is a nobleman. The only thing that his hand ever touched was a katana and a pen" Grand-pere said as he laughed and added, "That's very unlike you, my boy. Are you trying to impress someone?"

Sasuke did mention that he was an heir, but never a nobleman. Plus, he wasn't carrying anything when he arrived at the pier. Baba carried the luggage or Sasuke?

"Mr. Blackthorn, don't judge me too quickly," Sasuke said as fixed his black fringe from his green eyes.

"Then why were you treating him like a butler, during your arrival?" I asked to erase my confusion and I glanced at Sasuke. What other things are you hiding from me?

"Oh that! He has been curious about Lord Alice for a very long time. Also, I knew that you wouldn't want anyone's company other than Ariel or Adrian," he said as he scratched his bird and continued, "It was just a luck that Adrian wasn't around, and thus, he was able to become the substitute"

"Wait! You have been talking about me behind my back," I said disappointingly at my grandfather and continued, "Grand-pere you are unbelievable"

"My dear girl, he can't stop talking about you in Japan because he misses you so much," Baba defended and I saw Grand-pere scratched his head. Baba hit the nail right on the head.

"Fine, as long as it never crossed the boundaries of Japan," I said and looked at Sasuke as I spoke, "Yes, I am Lord Alice and nothing special"

"Artemis, you are a very wonderful girl, no matter how many times you say negative things about yourself," Ariel contradicted.

"Although, I think you excelled beyond my expectation, you are a very fascinating person," Sasuke began as he gazed at me with his green-eyes and continued, "I might settle her in England permanently"

"Sasuke, you can't stay here forever. You have things to deal back in Japan," Baba interrupted as she glanced at Sasuke, with a look on her eyes, a different face that she usually put on. It appears that there is a hidden meaning behind her words.

"I'm just joking," he replied to Baba and added as he looks at me, "You are a very charming young woman,"

"Please, no courting over the dining table," Oma uttered as she tried disconnect the current conversation and into a new different subject.

"What are you trying to say? Are you drunk from the wine," I said and avoided his gaze by looking at my plate.

"It's your fault Artemis for being adorable," Adrian mumbled and I knew that I was meant to hear it.

***

After dinner we settled back in the sitting room and we began to open our gifts that were given to us by Grand-pere. Ariel and Adrian received a formal wear clothes, shoes and accessories, while Sasuke received a steel cane and ledger with a stylus.

Oma received empty pages of books and various pens, while Baba has new sets of haircombs and a Kimono with a rose pattern, which she insisted that I should wear it for New Year.

"Why do I have mostly dresses? Did all of you plan this?" I asked all of them and they all admitted.

"When the time comes that you are ready to become a lady, you will have clothes to choose from immediately," Oma said as she glanced at all the dresses and agreed as she imagined that it will look good on me.

"Perhaps, sometime next year," Baba suggested as she looked at me with her black eyes in confirmation.

"We don't know" I mumbled as everyone cease to annoy me with their questions.

***

After we ate our desserts, Grand-pere and Oma head back to the city and to Papillon Noire. When everything is done in the kitchen and as the night approached eleven Oma and Sasuke retired for the night, leaving Artemis, Apollo and I on the sitting room.

"These past few days, I don't really have time to get a get a gift for both of you," I said as I stood and walked toward the piano that settled closed to the red curtains.

"We don't really care for this those things," Ariel began as she fixes herself on the couch.

"You don't have to worry about us, being with you is enough," Adrian added as he stood leaning on a wall as he look at us in the room.

"No, I insist. I might forget about it someday," I said and I settled on the chair and I added, "I will be playing a music that I really loved when I was young, the Moonlight Sonata,"

As I said that, I began to press both of my hands as certain fingers settled on the proper keys. I began to play as Mama is standing next to me, making sure I didn't skip any keys, forgot to pressed any sharps or misread any beats. Minutes later, I stopped and I knew that I forgot the other half. It's been a while, since I last played that sound. It contains my happy memory.

"That's amazing," Ariel said as she clapped her hands, while Adrian approached me and began to rub my head.

"Thank you so much, but it's unfinished," I confessed and they seem to ignore it as they clapped again as if I was Beethoven himself.

***

As the night becomes late, we resign for the night. I went in my room and saw from the windows that the snows are repeatedly falling, hinting that it will not stop soon.

After I prepared myself and wore my winter nightclothes, I closed the curtains and settled myself on my bed.

Diary, that's the events on this Christmas day. More importantly, I must settle everything before the year ends. When that task is over, I will focus my attention on finding Apollo.

Merry Christmas,

-Black Cat

+++++++++++++

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113K 3.6K 28
This is my first time writing this sort of thing so sorry if it's bad. (Y/N)= your name (L/N)= last name (F/c)= favourite colour (H/l)= hair lengt...
39.2K 1.6K 18
So I had this on here a while ago, but I had to deactivate my account. I have decided to re put it on here, so here you go! My awesome and great blac...
23.5K 452 14
What happens when a certain demonic butler falls ill and the only one to help him is his best friend who secretly holds feelings for the said Butler...
977 43 13
"...maybe the whole world is one big, confusing unfair mystery that doesn't make sense and never will. But hey, maybe that's the beauty of it all: t...