Queen of all Kings

By cakewriter18

Iris Sarah Pantone. Abandoned and adopted as a baby, she's been through a lot, but then try and add in a craz... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: The Banquet
Chapter 3: Mate
Chapter 4: A Grocery Store Run In
Chapter 5: Daycare Visitors
Chapter 6: Midnight Talks
Chapter 7: Pack Meeting
Chapter 8: Announcement
Chapter 9: Leaving
Chapter 10: Breakfast and Introductions
Chapter 11: A Tour
Chapter 12: Shopping
Chapter 13: Who's Frank?
Chapter 14: The Bird
Chapter 15: Journal
Chapter 16: Moving In
Chapter 17: A Warning
Chapter 18: Questions
Chapter 19: Communication
Author's Note
Chapter 20: Disruptions and Bad Ideas
Chapter 21: Unexpected Things
Chapter 22: Battle
Chapter 23: A Kiss
Chapter 24: Finding Out
Chapter 25: Heat
Chapter 26: Stuck
Chapter 27: Story Telling
Chapter 28: Trouble
Chapter 29: Plane
Chapter 30: Russia
Chapter 32: Makeup and Thoughts
Chapter 33: Jenna?!
Chapter 34: Who Packed This?
Chapter 35: I Love You
Chapter 36: Just A Talk
Chapter 37: The Prophecy
Chapter 38: Half the Plan

Chapter 31: Reunion

2.4K 65 7
By cakewriter18

I froze.

Time seemed to stop and tears started to well in the woman's eyes.

It was like I was looking in the mirror. Sure, the woman was older and smaller than I was but the similarity was uncanny.

She walked towards me slowly, and the people behind her seemed to slowly follow her. The older man put a small hand on her back and slightly helped her forward. Black hair and hazel eyes. The facial expressions showed only disbelief.

There was a young man behind the couple that I presumed to be Carson. He and I looked nothing alike. His black hair was a great contrast to my blond hair, his eyes however, did not match the man in front of him, which of course was the King.

Carson stood tall and his legs were long. He looked at me straight in the eyes and his own widened.

"It really is you." He whispered. I had to strain my ears to hear him but I did.

The King aged very well. He barely had any wrinkles but when he did, it graced his face and made him look wiser. His son was an exact replica of him, besides the eyes. No, the King's eyes were like mine and sparkled with excitement. Carson's eyes were like the Queen's, a hazel color.

The King had a narrow face that for his bulky frame perfectly, same with Carson. Although it was obvious that Carson worked out more, typical for a new coming Alpha.

But behind all of them, a small girl, no older than seventeen sneaked through them all to stand in the corner.

Her arms were crossed around her big chest and she was glaring at me with sharp crystal blue eyes. She has curly blond hair that went a little past her shoulders and tan skin. She looked similar to me, but not quiet. So she must be Chrissy.

The Queen was wearing a tight fitted white shirt and blue jeans. The King was wearing a full on suit, and Carson was wearing a gray shirt and blue jeans. Chrissy on the other hand had on a pink crop top and leggings.

Thank goodness that I had changed before we got here into my own clothes. A black crop top, and shorts, cute but simple. Lila was wearing something similar to mine but her's was blue.

Lucas changed into a suit without a tie and same with Grayson. I begged him to at least look a little presentable for my first meeting with my parents.

Suddenly I stand up, remembering my manners and bow to the royal family. "My apologies. My name is Iris."

"Hello, I am Lila, the beta female of the United States."

"I am the beta." Lucas says with a cute nod.

"Hello again," Grayson says from besides me as I still grip is hand with everything I got. "I am the Alpha King of the United States. It's lovely to meet all of you again."

Tears drop down the Queen's face. "I thought I lost you." She trembled slightly and comes closer to me.

She grabs my free hand ripping me away from Grayson and pulls me into a tight hug.

Suddenly something snaps inside of me and an invisible link snaps between us. It's not painful but a tiny pinch is brought with it. It hums between us, warm and strong.

Slowly I wrap my arms around her and put my head in her shoulder, taking a big whiff.

"I knew you were still out there." She whispers into my ears. A smile erupts onto my face. That's when the tears start to fall.

Suddenly I was thankful that I decided not to put on mascara.

We stood there for who knows how long but once she pulls away, she grabs onto my hands and says, "We all need to have a big chat."

Even her voice sounded similar to mine.

Suddenly I was being pulled in a different direction and into someone else. When I looked up I realized that it was none other than the King. He gripped onto me tightly as if I would disappear any moment.

He smell reminded me of pumpkin spice. But less pumpkin and more autumn. An odd smell for a man, but who was I to judge?

"You have no idea how long you mother and I have waited for this moment." He whispered into my ear

I slowly wrapped my arms around him too. Letting him savor the moment that he had with me.

He pulled away and held my shoulders in his hands. "My, my, my you look so much like you mother." His accent was so pronounced that I barely could understand what he was saying.

"Thank you very much, your majesty." I replied in Russian, knowing well that it would be easier for us to communicate that way.

"You speak your native language too?!" He looked at me, astonished that I was even able to say something, completely ignoring that I called him majesty.

"Growing up, my mother made me take russian." I reply back in English.

Besides me, I feel the Queen stiffen. "Your mother?" she asks quietly.

Behind the King, Carson looked at me with wide eyes while the King himself stared at me with a blank expression.

I nod. "Yes, the people who raised me if you want to get technical."

"So you have a different family?" Carson asks.

"She had to be raised by someone idiot!" Chrissy says in Russian from across the room. To be honest I was a little offended that she was so stand offish. Wasn't I suppose to be her sister?

Grayson went to take a seat not far from me to let his presents known. I could sense that he wanted to make me feel comfortable around them.

Lila and Lucas watched our interactions carefully making sure nothing happens that will slip too much out of hand.

"Where did you grow up?" My biological mother said.

Slowly I moved from their constant hugging to sit next to Grayson. "Arizona." I answered simply.

"That's a long ways from here." Carson says.

"I moved to California when I met Grayson and have been staying with him ever since."

"So he's your mate?" My biological father says.

I nod. "Yes he is."

"That's great! We have always loved him." The Queen explains and I smile.

"Seems a little odd that she suddenly out of the blue shows up. Am I right?" Chrissy looks at me with her arms crossed and her eyes zoned in on me.

"I mean she shows up out of the middle of no where claiming to be the presumed dead princess and we welcome her in like it's nothing?!"

"Christian!" The Queen yelled authority clear in her voice. "Do not mutter another word and sit your butt down!"

Chrissy looked like she was trying to resist but I knew she couldn't and so did she. That was the full force of a command from the Queen. No one except the Alpha King himself could resist it.

And within seconds of was over. Chrissy was sitting down, glaring me down with her arms crossed tightly around her chest.

She looked ridiculous. She was a seventeen year old throwing a teenage tantrum.

The room was silent and everyone avoided her eyes except the Alpha King, Grayson and I.

Lila and Lucas sat quietly in the corner, holding hands and observing everything. Carson sat close with his back straight but his head bent on submission.

I looked at my mother lovingly. She was really an amazing person with so much courage. Even if I knew her for only a few minutes I knew she and I were very similar. I could never compare to her but I could see where I got some of my qualities from.

"Anyways," her russian accent thick, "where was I?" She sits down and looks around expectantly.

"Maybe we should explain to her what's happening tonight?" Carson suggested.

"That's sounds like a great idea!" The King says.

Suddenly it hit me, I needed to ask them about the whole white wolf thing. Surely they knew more than I did from rumors and talk tales. I scooted closer towards Grayson and grabbing his arm with both hands. My heart was beating fast at the thought of me even asking them. Maybe now wasn't the time to bring up such a touchy topic.

"Tonight we'll be having a ball in your honor and everyone from extended family to even family friends will be there. This will be a formal ball so make sure your dressed well and look presentable." The Queen explains reaching across the table for my hand and I give it to her.

I smile politely. "Really you don't have to do that. This is enough"

"Nonsense!" The King exclaims. "You have been missing for years. This is the time to have the biggest party the century!"

I sigh knowing that I can't do anything to prevent this from happening. "I can't wait to see what you do for the party." I lie.

"Now," Carson said. "Lets eat before it gets cold."

People around us it plates in front of us and give us their brightest and fakest smiles they could muster up.

There were a few things I wanted to ask my parents before this dinner ends. I want to ask about the white wolf and about their costumes and stories. If course they would know more than me. I wanted to know if my blood really was immortal and I had immortality.

Nervousness built up in my stomach as I was rehearsing my speech in my head.

After a few minutes of silence and utensils clashing with plates, I finally spoke up.

"I have a few questions for you guys." My family looks around nervously but nod their heads in agreement, well everyone but Chrissy.

I take a deep breath and squeeze Grayson's hand for support. "So this whole white wolf, can you explain it to me?"

Hesitation is clear in the kings eyes but but he replied anyways. "Well," he clears his throat. "it's a genetic blessing. It happens once every few generations."

"And let's say there is a white wolf, hypothetical, would they have any special powers?" I press on. I knew I was running into dangerous territory but I needed answers yesterday.

"Why do you want to know these questions?" Carson asks skeptically. In the corner of my eye I can see Chrissy smirking.

A planned lie makes its self to my lips. "I've just heard so many rumors." I say exasperated. "I just can't believe that they're true."

A relief expression comes onto the royal families face making me even more confused. I couldn't tell them that I was the white wolf yet. They might want something for me, and that would cause me to be tied here. Just in case something bad went wrong here, I needed to be prepared.

Another silence pressed the air but I was determined to find answers.

"I've heard a few rumors that the white wolf is immortal, surely that can't be true?" I say politely. Besides me Grayson sends me a panicked look begging me to stop but I ignored him.

"Yes." The Queen responds. "This is true. They also have immortal blood." She watched me carefully and I bite my lip.

"Oh really?" Lucas says from the end. " That's quiet interesting and an amazing gift to have in you family. "

"Yes. However it gives us many enemies." The King's eyes narrow. "I hope is telling you this doesn't cause future problems.

"Not, at all." Grayson soothe over. "We were just asking. Sorry for Iris' bluntness, she can be like that." He laughs slightly and my mouth drops open.

I slap him across the shoulder and glare.

The royal family laughs quietly and continues to eat.

The King and Queen continue to ask me questions about my life and how I grew up. I suspected that it was hard for them to come to terms that their daughter grew up in a different home and country.

A few hours passed by and I grew tired. I had an amazing time with them and the conversation from before was forgotten and only laughter filled the air.

I wanted to take a nap before the ball started and I would have even more emotional reunions with people that I had no idea were.

"Well, now we have a few hours to get ready for the ball. It starts at at seven o'clock sharp." The Queen informs us. "Someone will escort you to the area."

"Thank you so much for your hospitality we really appreciate it." I say to them.

"You are welcome here and to talk to us anytime, honey." She says back with a thick accent.

"Yes." The King adds. "And please either calls us mom and dad or Celeste and James."

"It feels weird not being called by name." Celeste says.

"Okay." I say and look down at the floor. Grayson wraps a knowing arm around my middle and pulls me into his chest. The name mom and dad was still associated with my parents back home and it would be weird to switch them. But I promised in my head that I would start doing it.

When no one says anything else the family excuses themselves and leave the room without another look but many second glances.

Once the door shuts softly, I let out a breath I didn't realize that I was holding. Lucas and Lila were standing a few feet away from us and they both looked at me with sympathy.

I turn around and bury my face in Grayson's chest. "Tired?" He asks.

I nod, not trusting my voice to say anything without shaking.

"Can you show us to our rooms now?" Grayson asks someone near us and I sigh.

"You did great, love. You can take a nap for a little while once we get to our room. I'll make sure to wake you up a little bit before." I nod, still not talking and my head in his chest.

"You did great babe." I hear Lila say. "Your so strong. More so than me."

I peak my head through Grayson's warm arms and smile. "Thank you." I say softly.

"She's right, Iris. You really were amazing, I would never be able to do what you just did. Plus we even found out a few things about them." Lucas adds in a soft voice.

"Don't worry about tonight. I'm sure it'll be fine. You already did great with your family and I'm sure that it's going to be fine with the rest of them." Grayson says into my hair.

Lucas shoots him a look from the corner of my eye and I frown and open my mouth to say something but I was interrupted.

"This way it you please. I'll show you to your room now." A servant says and gestures towards the door.

"Okay." Grayson says quickly, brushing off the glance that Lucas have him a few seconds ago. "Thank you."

We followed the rather short man out the door and to our rooms without another word.

~~~~

I am so so so sorry this took so long. I promise that it was totally unintentional. I've just been so busy and- well you get the point.

I wrote this on Google docs and when I looked back to check my book I realized that I'm almost at 10k.

WHERE THE HECK DID YOU ALL COME FROM?! HOLY CRAP!

I wanna give all people who are reading this a big thank you. All your feedback and votes and reads literally make my day and put a smile on my face for the rest of the day.

You guys are amazing and I would give you all hugs if I could but I can't so consider this as one! :))

This one was kind of a long one considering everything that happened, but thanks for reading to the end!

Love you guys so much!

Cake

Word count: 2693 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.1K 4.2K 22
READ BOOK ONE MY MATE.....THE NERD FIRST Lucas King, the oldest son of Alphas Dimitir and Bennett King, is not your typical 15 year old teenager. Wh...
95.4K 3.1K 51
Rosalie Brookwood , Queen of all wolves and magical creatures Born in the Medieval time era . Half Werewolf ,Half Vampire. Her mother died in a ro...
50.2K 2K 26
A little girl had it all then lost it all. A rogue wolf killed her family and with the graces above she managed to escape from death. The wolves tha...
117K 7K 52
Book 2 in the Rootbridge Pack series. You DON'T need to have read book 1 in order to enjoy this. You'll find a plot summary for An Alpha's Alpha (Boo...