April Snowdrop (Thomas Shelby)

By yourstrulynix

⚘ ✰ ☾ ❥ ✧ ⋆ ❦ ༄ ↳ THE LEGEND SAYS: When God created snow, he gave it the t... More

𝒜𝓅𝓇𝒾𝓁 𝒮𝓃𝑜𝓌𝒹𝓇𝑜𝓅
𝕬𝖈𝖙 𝕺𝖓𝖊
𝒪𝓃𝑒
𝒯𝓌𝑜
𝒯𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒
𝐹𝒾𝓋𝑒
𝒮𝒾𝓍
𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃
𝐸𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉
𝒩𝒾𝓃𝑒
𝒯𝑒𝓃
𝕬𝖈𝖙 𝕿𝖜𝖔
𝐸𝓁𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃
𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓁𝓋𝑒
𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃
𝐹𝑜𝓊𝓇𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃
𝐹𝒾𝒻𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃
𝒮𝒾𝓍𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃
𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃
𝐸𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃
𝒩𝒾𝓃𝑒𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃
𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎
𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝒪𝓃𝑒
𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝒯𝓌𝑜
𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝒯𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒
𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝐹𝑜𝓊𝓇
𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝐹𝒾𝓋𝑒
𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝒮𝒾𝓍
𝕬𝖈𝖙 𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊
𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃
𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝐸𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉
𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝒩𝒾𝓃𝑒
𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎
𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝒪𝓃𝑒
𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝒯𝓌𝑜
𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝒯𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒
𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝐹𝑜𝓊𝓇
𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝐹𝒾𝓋𝑒
𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝒮𝒾𝓍
𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃
𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝐸𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉
𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝒩𝒾𝓃𝑒
𝐹𝑜𝓇𝓉𝓎
𝐹𝑜𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝒪𝓃𝑒

𝐹𝑜𝓊𝓇

33.4K 1K 197
By yourstrulynix

ADA'S WEDDING

     STARING DOWN AT the letter that was laid out on her kitchen table, Deborah struggled to bring herself to read it. It was the same letter she had lied to Polly about, but she had no choice - no one could ever know about it or the person who sent it. It was the first letter in almost a year, after she never replied to the previous one. This time, however, something was urging her to finally read it.

"Deb!"

The sound of Ada's yelling and the front door opening, frightened Deborah and she scrambled to fold up the letter and shove it in a random drawer. She definitely wasn't expecting company, especially since Ada had moved out to live with Freddie in some communist hideout.

Deborah took a deep breath, before turning towards the kitchen door. "In here Ada!" She called.

The brunette almost collapsed at the sight of her best friend, dressed head to toe in white. Ada Shelby was standing in her kitchen, in a wedding dress, vail and all. Deborah could barely make out the slight bump on her stomach, she must be over a month now.

"Jesus Christ Ada." Deborah exclaimed. "Where the hell are you off to?"

Ada grinned and rushed over to her best friend. "I'm getting married Deb." She squealed, jumping in place.

"Now?" Deborah gasped as the words sunk in. "Are you bloody mad? Tommy will have your husbands head when he finds out."

"I don't care." Ada huffed, crossing her arms. "I'm getting married to Freddie and I want you, as my best fiend and made of honour, by my side."

While her head was telling her to try convince Ada what a terrible mistake this all was, her heart was fluttering at the thought of her best friend marrying the love of her life. It was exactly what Deborah had wanted, but she knew if she couldn't have it, she sure as hell wanted her friend to.

"Alright." Deborah nodded her head with a grin. "Lets get you married."

Ada didn't need to be told twice. She grabbed Deborah's hand and the two ran together out of the house and down the streets of Small Heath. Deborah giggled as she clutched her friends hand and warned her to slow down but the two were unbelievably excited.

"Ada, what the hell?" Freddie Thorne exclaimed when his fiancée ran into his arms.

"I had to run cause I was running late trying to get this one out of the house." Ada laughed, gesturing to a breathless Deborah, who waved to Freddie .

Freddie turned to his fiancé's friend and eyed her. "Are you mad bring her here?"

"Deb was not going to miss out on seeing me marry the love of my life." Ada snapped.

"I love you." Freddie whispered and pulled her in for a kiss.

"I love you too, both of you." Ada looked at both people around her. "The more they try to stop us, the madder I'll be."

"Come on, princess, the vicar's waiting." Freddie announced, walking away.

"Wait." Deborah stopped him and gestured to a glowing Ada. "How does she look?"

"Like an angel."

    Deborah hummed to herself as she walked down the streets of Small Heath. The women was in high spirits after watching her best friend marry the man she loved. While she was overjoyed and proud, she couldn't prevent the slight feelings of jealousy.

For years she had picture herself and Tommy in that position, a place of pure love, where they would finally be one. Only now has it dawned on her that whatever she had dreamed of with Tommy, would be just that, a dream.

The familiar sound of a gun going of nearby startled Deborah. It was close by, only down the alleyway to her left. She rushed down the pathway and followed where the shot was fired. As she turned the final corner, Deborah slammed into someone and fell back on to the ground.

"Deborah?" The voice was Irish and very familiar.

"Grace?" Deborah gasped, while standing back to her feet.

The blonde Irish women was still lying on the ground and Deborah took notice of the blood splattered across her right shoulder. The women looked frightened and was shaking slightly, although she tried to seem calm and collected and prevent the slight shaking of her hands.

"Was that you who fired the gun?" Deborah questioned, linking the blood and the gun shot.

Grace immediately began shaking her head as she stood from the dirty, wet ground. "No. I just heard it near me and began running in the opposite direction." She explained.

"Where did the blood come from?" Deborah pointed to the blonde's shoulder.

"Harry cut his finger back at the Garrison and some of his blood got on my clean white blouse, but I assured him it was fine." Grace told the brunette.

While Deborah looked far from convinced, she still nodded her head and faked a smile. "You better get home and try get that stain out."

"You're right." Grace smiled politely and began to back away. "I'll be on my way, see you later at the Garrison."

"Bye Grace." Deborah waved.

She knew that the women was hiding something and she was going to figure it out, but for now, she had Polly to deal with. Ada had begged Deborah to tell Polly the news, since she was the closest to her. The brunette knew she was going to get an earful for not convincing Ada to change her mind, but at least she didn't have to be the one to tell Tommy.

"Pol?" Deborah called, walking into the Shelby kitchen. She threw off her jacket and hat and slumped down on one of the kitchen chairs beside little Finn.

"Coming now." Polly yelled over the men's voices in the betting shop.

"Hi Debbie." Finn grinned and launched on to the women's lap.

Deborah chuckled and hugged the boy on her lap, before smothering him in kisses. "Finny, hows my main boy?"

The young boy shrieked and pushed himself away from the loving attack. "I'm twelve now Debbie. I'm a man now." He huffed, crossing his arms.

Deborah gasped dramatically and placed a hand over her heart. "I guess that means no more kisses."

Finn's eyes widened at her words and he began shaking his head. "I still want kisses."

"Even when you're older?" Deborah checked.

"Especially when I'm older." Finn giggled and the women joined in. He was definitely a Shelby boy.

"Finn, go find Arthur and let John know where he is." Polly ordered, while she walked into the kitchen and closed the shop's doors.

"Bye Finny." Deborah waved the boy as he ran out of the house.

"What's wrong hun?" The Polly smiled and sat across from the younger women.

The slight childish joy she had received from Finn had vanished as Deborah remembered why she was here. "I've got some bad news Pol."

"Well go on." Polly gestured for her to continue.

"Ada and Freddie married early this morning." Deborah revealed, staring down at her hands. "And...I attended the wedding."

"What were you thinking?" Polly snapped, after a moment of brief silence. "We're trying to protect them and get them out of the city. You stand by and give Tommy another reason to kill Freddie Thorne."

Deborah sighed and pulled a cigarette from her clutch. "I tried to talk to her, but there was no changing her mind. You should have seen her Pol, she was glowing."

Polly leaned back in her chair and lit the cigarette Deborah had offered her. "Tommy won't be happy with you."

The younger women scoffed. "I can deal with Tommy Shelby." The two women fell silent for another moment. "You know what's funny Pol? In that moment, standing at Ada's side, I have never been so proud of her. She isn't allowing any of us to stand in the way of her happiness."

Polly nodded in agreement with her words as she pictured her niece in a beautiful wedding gown. "How did she look?"

Deborah smiled softly as she thought back to Freddie's earlier words. "Like an angel."

"Our Ada was always the rebellious one - the both of you were. You used to drive the boys up the walls when you'd sneak off to go drinking and dancing." Polly pointed an accusing finger at the brunette.

"They were too overprotective, we needed our freedom as young women." Deborah argued but laughed along with Polly. "Just wish you were there Pol, the two of us at each other side while the other got married."

"I'll be there next time." Polly shrugged. Deborah sent her a confused look, so she continued on. "When you finally marry that damn nephew of mine."

"That won't be happening Pol." Deborah disagreed, shaking her head at the thought of her and Tommy marrying.

"Of course it will. Just give him time." Polly assured her and this time Deborah decided to take the women's advice.

    The Garrison was once again packed with men drinking their aches and pains away. Harry had approached Deborah earlier that day to inform her of the pub's change of owner. She wasn't overly surprised to learn Tommy had bought the pub off of Harry, for barely anything, as a gift for Arthur. While Deborah was pissed off at how the men treated Harry, she was also delighted for Arthur, she knew he had always wanted to run his own pub.

The man who had bought the pub, was currently in the private room, by himself with a bottle of Irish whiskey. Tommy hadn't said much to Deborah when he arrived, however, she did notice the look he had briefly sent her way. She was aware Polly told him of her involvement in Ada's secret wedding and she knew he wanted to talk to her.

When she went in to serve him his favourite bottle of whiskey, Deborah froze by the door. Inside already, was Grace and she had brought Tommy his drink already. The brunette hadn't spoken much to the other women since their odd collision in the alleyway a few days ago. Deborah knew that women was up to something and her suspicion grew as she listened in on Grace's and Tommy's conversation.

"Your sister was here." Grace informed Tommy, while she placed his drink on the table. "She was worried. You and Freddie. It had made her sick." Deborah eyebrows furrowed at the women's words, she wasn't aware of this. "She's all right, but in her condition, she needs peace. Women talk."

"That is something they do." Tommy agreed.

"She talked about you." Grace continued. "She said you keep everything locked up, especially regarding Deborah." Said women's eyebrows raised at the mention of her name.

"Well, that's what men do." Tommy grumbled, lighting his cigarette.

"Your sister's nice. I like her. It can't be easy for her. Her brother and her husband, fighting over the same thing. Men should talk, too." Grace advised.

"To you?" Tommy almost scoffed.

"Why not? I'm a barmaid. It's my job. Men always tell their troubles to a barmaid." Grace explained. "What is it you and Freddie are fighting over?"

Deborah mentally warned Tommy to keep his mouth shut. She knew this women was digging for information about the Shelby family, for what she wasn't sure yet. Everyone was aware of her fascination for the family and Harry had told Deborah that Grace was digging her nose in things that weren't her business.

"Can you get me Deborah?" Tommy asked, avoiding the subject of his family. "I need to speak to her."

Realising she wasn't going to get any answers out of the calm man, Grace nodded. "Yes, I'll get her now."

Deborah scrambled away from the door and hopped over the bar counter. Just as Grace left the private area, the brunette grabbed a glass and pretended she had been busy.

"Mr.Shelby is looking for you." Grace informed her, before walking off to help a customer.

"What is it Tommy?" Deborah questioned, while walking into the private room.

Tommy hummed and gestured for her to take a seat. Once she was seated, he offered her a cigarette, which she Kindly accepted.

"I know you were listening in." Tommy revealed and Deborah slumped her shoulders at her failed attempts to go unnoticed. "What do you think?"

"Of Grace?" Deborah checked and he nodded. "She's up to something. A few people have told me she's been asking around about our family and business."

"I think so too." Tommy agreed. "We all need to be cautious about what we say around her, until we find out what she's looking for."

Deborah agreed with him and leaned back in her seat as she inhaled the smoke into her lungs. "What else did you want? I know there's a reason you came here in the first place and I know it wasn't for the free bottle of whiskey."

Tommy sighed and took another drag of his cigarette. "You went to Ada's wedding." He finally brought it up.

"Maid of honour." Deborah grinned cockily.

"This isn't funny Deborah." Tommy muttered, eyes narrowing at her. "Do you not understand what kind of danger Ada has put herself in by marrying him?"

"The only danger Freddie is involved in, is you." She scoffed. "Tommy, why can't you leave them be? Why are you so desperate to split them up?"

"Because that Inspector Campbell is going to kill Freddie." Tommy finally revealed. Deborah froze in place at his news. "And the copper is threatening to kill anyone linked to him."

"Ada." The women whispered, as it dawned on her. "Christ Tommy, the baby."

"Yes Deb." Tommy said. "One of Campbell's men witnessed the wedding and Deb, he saw you."

Deborah took a moment to allow the words to sink in. "Let him kill me." She suddenly announced. "Tell him he can have me, if he swears to leave Ada and the baby alone."

"No, absolutely not." Tommy exclaimed, looking at Deborah in shock. "I won't let him near you."

Deborah jumped to her feet, as did Tommy. "Who gives a fuck about me Tommy." She snapped.

"I do and I won't let anything happen to you." He breathed, grabbing her hands in his own.

Deborah chocked back a sob as everything came crashing down on her. "He can't kill her Tommy." She whispered, leaning her head on his chest.

"He won't kill either of you." Tommy assured her, pulling her tighter to his chest. "You have my word."

If anyone knew Thomas Shelby, they knew he was always a man of his word, especially when it came to his family and Deborah.

★ ♥ ღ ❞ ➳ ⚘

Guys I'm speechless...the love and support from every reader has been so incredible.
I honestly began writing this story because I love tommy and thought he deserved someone who would love him unconditionally and they could be together through thick and thin.

When I first began to write this book, I said to myself that I wouldn't care about the views, votes or comments. I would keep writing it no matter the outcome, because I love this plot line and the characters so much, but all the love you have given has been incredible.
Thank you all so much for your love and support.
I promise that the chapters will continue to be of the best quality of writing and the love between tommy and deb will stay strong.

Thank you all so much again, I can't even begin to explain my gratitude and love for you all xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

409K 13.1K 53
It's the roaring twenties in Birmingham, the Peaky Blinders exist alongside God but they were much, much closer at hand than Him. Mercedes de Silva...
234K 5K 45
❝ I would like a soulmate for tomorrow, yet tonight I could use a whiskey-loving companion. ❞ Tommy Shelby x female!oc Peaky Blinders season one, [c...
39.3K 2.5K 19
────────────────── .˚ᵎ┊ 𝖽𝖺𝗋𝗅𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖻𝗈𝗒 ⋆.ೃ࿔:・❝ 𝑙𝑖𝑓𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝑤𝘩𝑎𝑡 𝘩𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑒𝑛𝑠 𝑡𝑜 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝘩𝑖𝑙𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑟𝑒 𝑏𝑢𝑠𝑦 𝑚𝑎𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔...
232K 5.1K 40
❆ ❆ ❆ 𝕀 𝔽𝔼𝔼𝕃 𝕄𝕆ℝ𝔼 𝔽ℝ𝔼𝔼 𝕋ℍ𝔸ℕ 𝕀 ℍ𝔸𝕍𝔼 𝕀ℕ 𝕐𝔼𝔸ℝ𝕊 𝕊𝕀𝕏 𝔽𝔼𝔼𝕋 𝕀ℕ 𝕋ℍ𝔼 𝔾ℝ𝕆𝕌ℕ𝔻 ❆ ❆ ❆ "𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕝𝕖𝕗𝕥 𝕗𝕠𝕣 �...