Cinderella: A Pokémon Fairyta...

By BersealiaDreamheart

The world of Pokémon takes a new spin on this classic fairytale. After her father leaves on a trip, Pokémon t... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Epilogue

Chapter 18

402 4 12
By BersealiaDreamheart

Cinderella fled outside to the gardens, collapsed on a bench, and burst out crying. She had been so forward to going to the ball to meet Philip and now her only way in and ride there was gone. She felt so hurt and unhappy. Lester, Rex, and Mikey glared after the carriage as it disappeared down the road.

"Alright, that's it!" said Lester, enraged, "This has gone way too far!"

Rex growled angrily. "I am going to take that witch and burn her to ashes!"

"Electrocute her!" yelled Matt.

"Yeah!" said Chase.

Valiant blocked the Pokémon mob as they started to charge.

"ENOUGH! ALL OF YOU!" he shouted.

"Have you lost your mind?!" shouted Mikey in disbelief, "That woman tore Ella's invitation, ruined her necklace, and left without us!"

"Cinderella's so crushed, she's inconsolable!" said Matt.

"I know what Victoria did was cruel and despicable." said Valiant calmly, "I understand that well. But attacking her out of anger isn't going to solve anything. What's more important is to find a way to help Ella get to the ball. We'll bring the invitation and tell them what happened."

Rose, Ariel, and Bella were all gathered around Cinderella, trying to console her. All of her Pokémon friends watched nearby, saddened. They worked so hard to help her go to the ball and all their efforts had been in vain.

"It's alright, Ella," said Bella.

"I was so looking forward to going to the ball!" Cinderella cried, "How can I go on being kind if I can't be brave?"

"Don't cry, Cinderella." said Rose, "Don't give up hope."

"But there's nothing to hope for!" wept Cinderella, "Nothing!"

"That's not true!" said Rose, "There's always hope, even when it seems there is none. You've been telling us that all this time. At the Pokémon League, you told me that when I was in despair. You gave me the strength to stand back up and win. And now it's time I said the same to you."

Rose snuggled into Cinderella's arms.

"We'll find a way for us to go to the ball. No matter what it takes to get through this, I will always stand at your side and help you because you're my friend. And I love you."

Cinderella hugged Rose, still crying. "I love you, too..."

Suddenly, Rose's body began to glow a brilliant blue light. The others stared and gasped in surprise.

"Rose!" gasped Cinderella.

"W-What's going on?" asked Bella.

Valiant knew what was happening. "Could it be...?"

Rose's body began to grow. Her fur collar was replaced with long ribbons, her fluffy tail became thinner and longer, and her ears and head changed with more ribbons. When the light faded away, Rose's fur had changed from tan and cream to white and pink. She was no longer an Eevee.

"Rose!" said Cinderella, "You evolved!"

Rose jumped down from Cinderella's arms and looked herself over.

"I'm a Sylveon!" she said in her new grownup, Pokémon voice, "But how? What caused me to evolve?"

"Eevee has many evolved forms." said Valiant, "They only evolve into Sylveon when they become close and affectionate towards a beloved being. Particularly someone with a pure heart."

"He's right, you know."

The Pokémon jumped at the sound of that child-like voice. They looked around, but they couldn't see anyone.

"Who's there?" asked Rose.

Out of nowhere, a small white Pokémon appeared floating in front of them. It had two small wings and what appeared to be a yellow headpiece with three blue tags on it. Though it had two beady black eyes and a smile on its face, there was a larger eye on its tummy.

Cinderella had never seen a Pokémon like that before.

"Dry your eyes and cheer up Ella." said the Pokémon, "You can't go to the ball looking like that."

"But I'm not-" Cinderella began. Then she paused. "...Wait, how do you know my name?"

The Pokémon smiled. "Didn't your mother tell you about me? I am Jirachi."

"Jirachi?!" echoed the other Pokémon.

"This Pokémon?!" said Lester, "I thought it was only a legend!"

Valiant shook his head. "Far from it. Jirachi is an ancient legendary Pokémon who is said to sleep for a millennium. She only wakes up for a few days to grant someone three wishes, then returns to her slumber."

"Which is why I am well-known as the Wish Maker." said Jirachi, "It was your mother's final wish for me to grant you three wishes if you ever needed help, Ella. However, I couldn't do that unless you had a pure heart."

"And that's why you came?" asked Cinderella through a sniffle.

"Yes, that's why your mother asked you to be kind and brave. You kept your promise despite all the hardships you went through. You've displayed the kindness, serenity, diligence, wisdom, and courage of a pure-hearted maiden. You even passed those virtues onto Rose and Sabrina, and hopefully Patricia in time. Rose's evolution is living proof of that. Now dry your tears, dear."

Jirachi waved her hand and summoned a silk handkerchief. She gave it to Cinderella. After drying her tears, Cinderella returned the handkerchief to Jirachi, who made it vanish with a wave of her hand.

"That's better." said Jirachi, "Now tell me, Ella, do you want to go to the ball?"

"Oh, yes!" said Cinderella.

"Well then, say the magic words!"

"Jirachi, I wish that my Pokémon and I can go to the ball."

Jirachi giggled and twirled in the air. "Your wish will be granted! You will go in style like a princess! I'll be needing a few things, though. Go ahead and bring me a pumpkin. The largest one you can find."

Cinderella and the Pokémon stared at Jirachi.

"Uh, a pumpkin?" echoed Rose, obviously confused.

"You know," said Jirachi, "A round orange vegetable thingy. You know what a pumpkin is, don't you?"

"Yes," said Cinderella, "But how will a pumpkin get us to the ball?"

"You'll see," said Jirachi cheerfully, "Now hurry! No time to lose!"

Though very baffled, Cinderella, Rose, Bella, and Ariel ran into the greenhouse. They looked around for the biggest pumpkin they could find. A big one the size of Rose caught their eyes. It was in decent shape, too. Getting a knife, Cinderella cut the pumpkin's stem free from the vines. Ariel then levitated it out to the others with Psychic.

Jirachi smiled approvingly. "Excellent! Now set it down over there."

Ariel did as she was told and set the pumpkin down in the middle of the road.

"Alright, everyone! Stand back!" Jirachi called out.

With that, she flew around the pumpkin, showering it with a sprinkle of silvery dust. The pumpkin's stem quickly grew long vines with leaves, then it glowed with a bright white light. Cinderella and the other Pokémon watched in awe as it grew bigger and bigger.

The light faded away and the pumpkin had turned into a grand gilded carriage.

It was one of the most beautiful things they had ever seen. Vines and leaves had turned into the wheels and the undercarriage. Some of them decorated the cabin and doors, creating elegant gold carvings. There were two golden lanterns in the front of the carriage and two in the back. Red velvet curtains with golden tassels framed the windows along the inside with matching seats and enough room for six.

The Pokémon chattered and exclaimed in amazement.

"No way!" Rex laughed, "No way!"

"Oh my gosh, it's beautiful!" said Bella.

"How did she do that?" asked Lester.

The forest Pokémon came forward and began checking out the carriage. Some of them hopped into the driver's seat which was padded with more red velvet and golden tassels. Others walked underneath and checked out the wheels. Flying-type Pokémon flew up to look at the top of the carriage were the gilded vines and leaves blossomed into a beautiful gilded flower.

"Now we have a way to get to the ball, Cinderella!" said Rose.

"Yes," said Jirachi, "But still, something has to pull it or it won't go anywhere."

"I can do it!" said Jamie, "I've pulled carriages before!"

"Yes, but that coach is still too heavy to you to pull alone, Jamie," said Valiant.

"That is true, that is true." said Jirachi, "She just needs a helping hand. Or hoof I should say. We'll need more Pokémon for the job. Let's see, what other Pokémon do we have around here...?"

Jirachi looked around and spotted Pip, Jac, Louis, and Lil.

"Ah, yes, I think Rattata will do the trick."

"What?!" whinnied Jamie.

"Us?!" The Rattata looked at Jirachi in puzzlement.

"Oh, yes!" giggled Jirachi, "You'll make a great team! Don't worry, this won't hurt a bit."

Jirachi flew over and sprinkled the Rattata all over with her silvery dust. The Pokémon glowed started to grow and change shape. When the light cleared, the Rattata had become four magnificent Rapidash. They whinnied and shook their fiery manes as they looked themselves over.

"Oh, wow!" said Louis, "We're real live Rapidash!"

Cinderella went over and petted the Rapidash that was Pip.

"Pip, you and your friends all look beautiful!" she said.

"Yes." said Jirachi, "We now have a carriage with Rapidash, but even that isn't complete without footmen."

She looked around and saw the Pikachu twins and the Scraggy and Scrafty brothers behind Rex.

"Right, you guys will do."

Before the Pokémon could say a thing, Jirachi flew over and sprinkled them with the silvery dust. They glowed and changed shape. Soon, the light faded, and the Pikachu twins and Scrafty turned into three handsome footmen and the Scraggy into a footboy. They all wore hats and tailcoat suits with golden tassels and embroidery that matched the colors they were as Pokémon.

The twins and brothers looked themselves over, very pleased.

"Wow, this is so cool!" said Scraggy.

"My, don't you look sharp, Matt," said Chase.

"The same to you, bro," Matt replied.

Jirachi smiled. "Right, now we need a coachman to drive. Let me see now..."

She spotted Lester trying to tip-toe away towards the house.

"Ah! Perfect!"

Jirachi picked up and levitated a squirming Lester back over. As she did, she sprinkled the silvery dust on him. In a flash, the Purugly had turned into a fat coachman. He wore a similar suit as the footmen showing what Pokémon he was, but with a black hat, white neckerchief, and white riding gloves.

Lester scowled and shook his head. "Jirachi, I can't drive. I'm a Pokémon, not a coach driver."

"You can now!" said Jirachi cheerfully, "You even got the hands to handle the reins."

Jirachi giggled at her little joke. Lester was not amused, but he didn't say anything.

"Let's see," said Jirachi, "Some carriage Pokémon have to protect the carriage and everyone from harm. I think the rest of you can do that. And I'll add a little something else!"

She then went over to the rest of Cinderella's forest Pokémon friends and sprinkled some of them with her silvery dust. With a magical flash, they had evolved into their next stage. Mimi into an Azumarill, Patch into a Lopunny, Flo into a Ninetales, Ducklett into a Swanna, Fletchinder into a Talonflame, Vibrava into a Flygon, the three Electrike into Manectric, and the four Roselia into Rosarade.

The Pokémon chattered in amazement.

"Oh, wow!" said Mimi, "I'm now an Azumarill!"

One of the Manectric smiled at Flo. "Ah, Flo... You look golden radiant..."

"I feel stronger and more confident than ever." said Flo, "It's like the fire within me has grown."

"Yes," said Jirachi, "They will be helpful if you're in a pitch. You never know. Let's me see..."

She pointed off everything one by one. "One carriage, five Rapidash, one coachman, four footmen, a variety of carriage Pokémon... Yes, I think that's it for transportation. Now, onto formal attire and grooming."

Jirachi then flew over to Valiant, Ariel, Mikey, Rex, and Bella. She circled them a few times and checked them out. They wondered what would happen next.

"Of course, at a Pokémon ball you'll likely to be having Pokémon battles." said Jirachi, thoughtfully, "I can tell you are all great at battles. Let's increase your powers and dress you more for the occasion, though, shall we?"

Jirachi flew around them and sprinkled the magic silvery dust. The five Pokémon glowed, and, after another flash of bright light, they had completely transformed. Valiant had red paws, a fluffy yellow fur collar and tail, and more spikes and aura markings over his body. Ariel had white arms, a puffed-out skirt, white ear horns, and her heart horn was now open. Mikey had larger claws, a second smaller horn, a saw-like tail, and tufts of fur on his shoulders that looked like wings. Rex had larger wings, three head horns, a pair of arm winglets, and some dorsal spikes on his tail, which was now longer. Bella had sphere tiered ears, a white wool mane on her head, and a wool tail with four red electric orbs in it.

And those weren't the only changes.

All of them had been finely groomed and cleaned up. Ariel and Bella wore jeweled tiaras upon their heads and smelled of violets and cloves. Valiant's, Mikey's, and Rex's badges and metals had been polished, and they smelled of sandalwood. Now they were properly dressed as Pokémon of the Order of the Aurum.

"Oh, my gosh! I look like I'm wearing my own ball gown!" said Ariel, twirling.

Bella stroke her mane. "I have wool again! It's been forever since I had wool!"

"We underwent Mega Evolution." said Valiant, intrigued, "Remarkable."

"Now this is what I call burning sensational." said Rex, smiling, "This disguise could fool my own mother."

"Yeah, but your mom isn't here." joked Mikey.

"Not only do you look different," said Jirachi, "Your strength and abilities have been enhanced. Valiant, you've gained more aura markings, increasing your willpower and self-awareness, and making your reflexes lightning-fast. Your Fighting- and Steel-type attacks are strengthened thanks to your new ability, Adaptability.

"Ariel, your heart horn has opened up. Because of that, you now have the full potential of your powers. And thanks to your new Pixilate ability, any Normal-type moves you use will become Fairy-type.

"Mikey, the aura created by your wings and horns are a symbol of your increased agility and attack power and will shock your opponents into submission. And although you can't fly, your new Magic Bounce ability will deflect any status move back at your opponent.

"Rex, the flame within you has strengthened your special attack and endurance, and your flying prowess has grown to allow you to soar to incredible heights. Your new Drought ability will allow you to tap into the power of the sun to amplify your Fire-type moves, even at nighttime.

"And Bella, your wool and electro-orbs make you sacrifice a bit of your speed for stronger electric attacks and endurance and make you an Electric- and Dragon-type. Your ability, Mold Breaker, will allow you to use any of your moves regardless of how your opponent's ability affects them."

"I keep thinking I should pinch myself." said Bella, "But even if it's only a dream, I'll be happy to live it just for a little while."

"Then I must also be dreaming." said Mikey, "Because I'm having the same one as you are."

Jirachi flew over to Cinderella and Rose. "And finally, you, Ella and Rose. I see you're wearing the treasures left by your mothers. Both of them are lovely, but I think I can spice them up a bit. Let me see now..."

Jirachi looked over the details of Cinderella's dress and at the broken pearl necklace. Then she checked out the bows and feelers of Rose, nodding to herself.

"Yes, I think I got it. Nothing too fancy, but still daring. We'll add some bold color and show off your beautiful eyes. Ooo, this is going to be fun!"

Jirachi giggled and flew around Cinderella and Rose, sprinkling the silvery dust again. There was another flash of white light. When it faded, everyone gasped and exclaimed in delight at the sight that stood before them. Jirachi smiled, very pleased with herself. Cinderella and Rose walked over to the fountain, looked at their reflections and gasped in astonishment.

They had been transformed beyond recognition.

Across the ruffle seam between the dress's second overskirt was the missing drape sash with two Sylveon bows on the ends. Some of the broken necklace's pearls now adorned the dress's shoulder collar in brooches while the others adorned Rose's feeler bows in twin brooches. Cinderella also wore pink elbow gloves. Even her hair was pinned up in an elegant knot. Both Cinderella and Rose wore jeweled tiaras like Ariel and Belle, and black silk choker necklaces with similar gold pendants. (Of course, Rose's pendant was her mother's.) Their faces were lightly powdered, they had makeup to highlight their eyes, and wore violet and clove perfume.

"Wow! You both look exactly alike!" said Bella.

Cinderella twirled in her improved dress. "It's beautiful! I love it!"

"I'm... I'm a princess!" said Rose.

"That's much better." said Jirachi, "You now look just like the Duchess and Lady you truly are. Oh! You dropped these!"

Jirachi waved her hands. The glass slippers Cinderella had run out of appeared before her. They sparkled as she placed them at Cinderella's feet.

"My mother's glass slippers!" said Cinderella.

"Oh, yes," said Jirachi, "They're made of enchanted glass. They're sturdy, comfortable, and will never break. Go ahead, try them on."

Cinderella stepped into the slippers. They fit her perfectly. Almost as if they were meant for her. She smiled as she twirled in them.

"See?" said Jirachi, smiling, "They always made your mother smile, too."

"There," said Valiant, "We're ready now."

"Not yet." said Jirachi, "We still a few more things to address."

Jirachi waved her hands again. In one hand appeared the silver Pokéball box that held the Pokéballs for Cinderella's Pokémon. In the other, Cinderella's invitation appeared, restored and stamped with the royal insignia. It was like nothing had ever happened to it. Jirachi gave the invitation to Valiant who tucked it inside his riband pocket for safekeeping. Then he took the box.

"Oh, thank you, Jirachi!" said Cinderella, happily, "Thank you so much!"

Jirachi simply smiled. "Don't worry about thanking me, Ella, just have a wonderful time. Oh, and there's one more thing before I forget."

"Something else?" said Mikey.

"Yes," said Jirachi, "And it's very important. You must leave the ball before the clock strikes twelve. No later."

"Before twelve?" said Rex with a frown, "Why? The ball goes on all night."

"Look, you must understand," said Jirachi, "Simple wishes are easy, like for a dress or a child. Complicated wishes like the one Ella asked for are much different. They're like dreams. And like all dreams, they don't last forever. At the final stroke of twelve, the magic of the wish will wear off and everything will return to what it was before. So, you must make sure to leave and be home by midnight. Just be careful of that."

"Thank you for the warning, Jirachi." said Valiant, "We will remember it."

"Good then," said Jirachi, "Well, let's get going everyone! We have a ball to go to!"

All of Cinderella's friends hurried to take their places. Cinderella opened her Pokéball box and opened four of the china Pokéballs inside.

"Ariel, Mikey, Rex, Bella, return!"

In flashes of red light, Ariel, Mikey, Rex, and Bella entered their Pokéballs. She then closed the box and locked it tight. Valiant then addressed Cinderella with a bow and held out his paw to her.

"Your carriage awaits you, Duchess Ella," he said.

Cinderella smiled as she took his paw. With that, he led her and Rose over to the carriage.

The carriage was all ready for departure. The Rapidash had been strapped to the carriage with harnesses and bridles embroidered with gold ornamentations. Jamie lead solo in front, followed by Pip and Jac behind her, and Louis and Lil in the back. Flo and one of the Manectric stood alongside them as their guards. Mimi sat beside Lester in the driver's seat as he held the reins and a driving whip. Swanna and Talonflame were perched on top of the carriage with the Vivillon. And Flygon and the other two Manectric where behind the carriage as the rear guards.

Matt and Chase opened the coach doors and Scraggy lowered the steps. One by one, Cinderella, Rose, and Valiant were helped into the carriage and they sat down in the velvet seats. Cinderella and Rose sat in the back, facing forward. Valiant sat in the front, facing backward and holding the Pokéball box in his lap.

Footboy Scraggy folded up the steps, while his brother and the Pikachu twins closed and secured the doors. The Scraggy and Scrafty brothers sat down on either side of Lester and Mimi with two of the Rosarade. The Pikachu twins got onto the footrails in the back. Sparky hopped into Matt's shoulder and Sparkle hopped onto Chase's shoulder. The two other Rosarade stood on either side of the twins while Patch stood in between them.

"Ready!" called Chase.

"Lester!" Valiant called out, "Let's go!"

"Yes, sir!" Lester replied, and cracked the driving whip.

In perfect synchronization, the Rapidash went into a trot and carriage set off down the road. The carriage Pokémon moved with them. Cinderella and Rose trembled with excitement. They were finally going to the ball. They soon passed over to the bridge and through the woods.

"This is amazing." said Lester, "I seem to know how to drive this thing."

"Me, too!" whinnied the Rattata-turned-Rapidash.

Jirachi's eyes glowed. "Let's speed things up and make this fun!"

All the sudden, the carriage, the Rapidash, the Manectric, and Flo were lifted into the air and flew up over the trees. Jirachi was using Psychic to make them all fly. Flo, the Manectric, and the Rapidash were surprised, but they continued on running as if they were still on the ground. The flying Pokémon flew alongside them. Cinderella and Rose looked out the windows to see the chateau and forest getting smaller as they flew higher.

"Oh, wow, we're flying!" said Cinderella.

"It's so beautiful up here!" Rose called over the wind.

The carriage and Pokémon flew over the forest and away from their home. It was exciting that they were up high in the air like flying Pokémon, seeing all the sights and trees down below. The clear, twilight sky made everything seem like a fairytale dream come to life.

Rose looked out the window in front of the carriage. She could see the town and palace the distance. In no time, they were flying over the town. The streets were half-dark, but that was only because everyone was attending the ball. Then they saw the clock tower. It was five minutes to six o'clock. They would arrive late, but six hours was plenty of time to spend at the ball.

As the carriage flew halfway over the town, Lester asked, "What time do we have to leave to be home by midnight?"

Valiant thought for a moment. "The palace is about seven and a half miles from the chateau. That's about a thirty-minute ride by carriage. Half that time with Rapidash. It's best if we leave at around 11:45."

"Very well," said Lester, "I'll come to remind you all at that time."

"I'm going to set you down outside of town and let you get to the palace on your own." said Jirachi, "This is all the help I can give you with your wish. You're on your own for now. If you ever want to make another wish, Ella, just call my name and I will come to you. And don't forget to leave before midnight."

"I promise, Jirachi," said Cinderella, "And thank you again."

The carriage passed over the town and started to descend to the road leading to the palace. There was a slight bump as Jirachi gently set the carriage down on the road.

"Farewell, everyone, and have fun!"

"Thank you, Jirachi!" called everyone as they waved.

"Goodbye!" Cinderella and Rose called out the windows.

Jirachi waved goodbye and disappeared. The carriage and Pokémon continued onward towards the palace and to the ball.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

957K 16.6K 74
After his loss in Unova Ash returns home to regroup and plan which region he will go to next. However while planning his next region, tragedy strikes...
5.9K 321 60
「Edit」THIS BOOK SUCKS. I DON'T KNOW WHY I HAVEN'T TAKEN IT DOWN YET BUT I CAN'T BRING MYSELF TO. JUST A FAIR WARNING. Unova is a new region, a fresh...
67 0 24
︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵ ~A different fairy tale~ _______ "It's either that or I kill all of you starting with you first." Catherine's eyes go wide. "3...
4.9K 52 17
Note: Some chapters I'm slowly editing them. So, there are few mistake in here without me realize This is my first ever Fan-fiction that I ever done...