At My Brother's Wedding

By delmonreina

Completed✔️! #3 in Romance on 13/3/20! #4 in Crush on 7/3/22 Pratvik❤ Shakshi ! Shakshi. A beautiful, lovely... More

Reader's Note
One - Shakshi
Two - Coffee Shop
Three - Meeting the Professor
Four - Sparkles
Five - Team work
Six - 'Not a date' Date
Seven - She's my what?
Eight - Mr.Possessive
Nine - You have to love me!
Ten - For now, Not forever!
Eleven - A new beginning
Twelve - Future Chairman
Thirteen - Stay away from her!
Fourteen - Nice start!
Fifteen - Love?
Sixteen - Beautiful
Seventeen - Party tonight
Eighteen - Unofficial Proposal
Nineteen - Kiss and Slap
Twenty - The accident
Twenty one - Trust
Twenty two - Her Heart breaker!
Twenty three - Bad day ends good
Twenty four - I love you!
Twenty five - I hate you!
Twenty Six - Va-rica
Twenty Seven - Aftermath!
Twenty Eight - Her first kiss!
Twenty Nine - Effect
Thirty - Heated up!
Thirty One - Bad girl?
Thirty Two - Haldi
Thirty Four - Sangeeth
Thirty Five - The Wedding
Thirty Six - My Pratvik
Epilogue

Thirty Three - Mehandi

14.4K 661 207
By delmonreina

Shakshi's Pov

Once the haldi and the ceremony got overed, I quickly came to my room after a small dinner with everyone. Reni's mom was showering me too much affection and care. She kept on insisting me to eat a lot in the dinner. She was also interested in asking about my hobbies, studies, friends and especially cooking! On the other hand, Reni's father was throwing daggers at me. I don't know why he hate me a lot! My mom was also behaving weird by praising and boasting my skills to them!

I was very much exhausted. But I jumped to my grab my phone from the table when I hear his caller tune. Pratvik!

"Partvikkkk!" I yelled.

"Hey sweetpie! Sorry dear I just went to the hospital after I landed here. Night shift! I was attending lot of cases today. I just noticed your missed calls." he said sincerely.

"I missss youuu!" I pouted and he chuckled.

"How was the haldi?"

"Everything was fun! But my legs are in pain now with all those dancings. I'm tired!"

"Then go to sleep, sweetpie!"

"I miss you so much!"

"I know and I don't know how I'm going to get sleep without cuddling with you!"

"Pratvikkk..."

"Hmm... I got to go now. Good night baby! I love you!" he said with a kiss.

Even that was making me to blush.

There was a knock on my door disturbing my thoughts. I silenced my phone and went to the door.

"Mom? Can't you let me sleep? I'm tired!" I shook my head.

She just came in and sat on my bed. She gestered me to sit.

"What mom?" she is annoying me a lot!

"Shakshi! This is Reni's brother." she showed me a guy from her mobile.

I looked her quizzically.

"He is a nice person. He had also completed his master in MBBS. He has been working as a doctor, earning a lakh per month. He had also settled well. He will also come for the wedding within two days..." she was describing him.

"Mom! Why are you giving me someguy's biodata in the middle of the night?" I yawned.

"Actually, Reni's parents offered this proposal for you. He also liked you, Shakshi! And I accepted it too!"

"WHAT?" I shouted.

"Why are you shouting?"

"M-mom! I-I don't w-want this marriage! How can you do something without asking me? I-I can't marry him!" now I understand why my mom behaved like that and also Reni's mom 's fondness towards me!

"Look Shakshi! I know what is good for your future. If you reject him, will your brother be happy? Think of their wedding!" she tied me with her sentiments.

"M-Mom but... I need to study! Did Vijay accepted this?"

"Yes! He is very much happy about this. We all like your groom a lot! Do you think we can find such a good one for you. Your father didn't care about this and left! Its all my responsibility now! I'm already tired of your fees. You don't have a choice. You are marrying him. Stop arguing, Shakshi! Get yourself prepared. Its good for everyone." she said firmly and walked to the door.

"And behave well to his parents!" she added before she left.

Everything was stoned around me. I was just staring without even blinking. I don't know why mom is forcing me in this. I love Pratvik. I can't even imagine some other guy. I can't say no to mom. She is being stubborn. And I don't want to hurt her too. She sacrifised a lot for me! But at the same time I can't marry this guy too!

I can't tell this to Pratvik. He might get angry and because of his possessive self he might end up smashing the groom's head. It would create lot of confusion and fights between Reni's family and mine! Vijay will hate me for this!

So, I planned to work things out in a smart way! Sure mom... I am really going to behave well with them. I m going to make them refuse me on their own! Sassy mode on, Shakshi! I wiped my tears and went to sleep.

It was Mehandhi ceremony today.
Mom came and gave me a silk saree paired with heavy matching jewellery, early this morning!

"Wear them and don't forget to keep the flowers on your hair. Stay quite down there without dancing and running here and there. Speak to them with respect!" she lectured and left.

I would love to play this good girl role but not today! Sorry mom! I opened my wardrobe but there is no dress which I need to excute my plan. So, I went to my cousin. She is such a modern girl!

So I went down wearing a sleeveless blouse and a skirt... Like this!

I didn't look odd as everyone was wearing something dashing and revealing. Even Reni sis was wearing a cute lehanga! My mom never complaints on her dressing but why me? Reni sis smiled at me and pinched my cheek saying that I look beautiful. But I started to dislike her and her family, specifically... Him!

The mehandi function was started. And everyone was dancing happily while an artist was designing mehandi on Reni sis's hand. There were also mocktails and fun!

After a blissful rocking dance, I went to have my lemon and minty mocktails. I gulped it in one go after making sure that Reni's parents were looking at me! My mom was actually busy inside the house for making lunch arrangements. She would get mad if she see this!

I went to them swaying my skirt and fiddling with my hair.

"Hi aunty! Sorry I was so reserved yesterday because I was tired. Now I'm good!" I smirked at her.

"Shakshi dear! Its fine. You are so innocent dear!" She said tapping my nose. Seriously?! Why?!

"You didn't say anything about my looks aunty? How is this dress?"I twirled around on my heels before them. God! This is so embrassing but anything for you Pratvik!

"Ahh... Ahhh... You look so pretty dear!" she tried to hault me in place by pulling my wrist.

"And uncle... why do you always look like you had eaten ginger?" I giggled.

"What? Watch your tongue! You barely have any manners!" he hissed at me and left.

Thats it Shakshi! Score 1 - 0!

"He is always like that dear. Don't worry about him!" she said trying to soften the tension.

"Why should I aunty? Its just the truth! Here try this mocktail aunty!" I drank another shot right infront of her after hanfing her one!

"Do you drink Shakshi?" she asked widening her eyes.

"Ofcourse aunty! I go clubs and pubs every weekend. I spend night outs and parties with my boyfriends! You see... Its kinda refreshing for me to survive the stressful studies!" I said winking at her and her shockful expression in her face was priceless.

"You have boyfriends too?"

"A lot aunty! Please don't tell this to mom! I m in a living relationship with a handsome guy in delhi! Oopss..." I covered my mouth and acted like I spilled it out unknowingly!

Her jaw dropped down!

"And you look pretty too aunty! I will take you to parties if you keep this as a secret!" I pinched her cheek and left!

I ran back to my room and locked the door behind me! I clutched my chest and I could feel my heart pounding inside. What did I just do? I prayed, them to reject me! And end all this smoothly without any issues!

I readjusted my makeup and went down to the hall. This time I was caught in my mother's eyes! But I rolled my eyes at her and went near Reni sis.

A gorgeous ramp walk was going on! Young ladies and men were rocking out the stage.

"Shakshi... Let me see yours!" Reni said looking at me.

"But I got no one to accompany me sis!" I said pouting at her.

"If my brother was here he would have walked with you... But you can use your brother now! Vijay?" she giggled.

I gritted my teeth in frustration and walked with my brother! I styled some naughty poses and even threw flying kisses towards the crowd!

When I got down my mom was right there! Darn! I'm screwed!

"Reni dear! Shakshi didn't eat this morning. Let me take her with me if you don't mind!" my mom pulled me with her!

"Shakshi?! What the hell are you wearing? Look at you! And why are you acting like a drunken girl? Aren't you in your right sense? What will they think of you?" she started scolding me and stuffed me inside my room. I lost my balance and skidded to the bed.

"Mom..!" I said pulling myself up and sitting in the bed.

"I know why you are doing this! Your cheap tricks won't work Shakshi! Stop being childish and wear this saree now! I will be waiting outside. God! I don't know how he is going to handle you!" she mumbled and left.

I went back down with the dress that my mom forced me into. I was sitting beside Reni sis and a young lady was drawing designs in my hands too!

"So... You are Shakshi?"

I jerked when a deep voice came from the side. I turned my head to my side to look at him! I froze to see him. I can't move a muscle and he picks a perfect timing of me getting mehandi prints. I tried to calm myself down!

Its him! The guy my mom showed last night! My groom to be! My foot!

"You are looking more beautiful in person than the pic!" he is flirting with me already?!

"Bu the way, I m Vibhan! You can call me Vibhi." he extended his hand to me. Seriously? I really wanted to break it!

Act polite Shakshi! Everyone is watching! You are in a crowd now!

"Ooppss! Can't now!" I showed up my hands with still wet designs.

"Thats okay Cherry! We have got time!" he grinned and sat beside me! Wtf?! And... Cherry? Who? Me! Its Chilli for you! Fool!

I moved uncomfortably further away from him to Reni sis!

"Why are you running away from me cherry? Stop! You might end up sitting on Reni lap. She can't bear your weight, but I can, if you don't mind!" he flashed his teeth at me.

I really wanted to punch his face and disfigure it! I threw him a hard glare.

"Woah! Woah... He is right! You are being sensitive! It was just a joke!" he raise his hands up in the air, in defence!

"Who is right?" I asked him confused!

"Mmm... Shakshi dear, can you please go call Vijay for the photoshoot. I hope you are done with the mehandi already!" Reni spoke up for the first time since his arrival, trying to divert my attention!

"Yeah sis! Sure." I smiled at relief.

"I need to go. Move barbie!" I mocked him. Reni chuckled hearing me!
Score 2 - 0 !

"Its Vibhi!" he hissed.

"Whatever!" I mumbled and left without giving him a glance.

He was following me like a puppy after we met this morning! I already hate him.

It was lunch and all our relatives are sitting on the table. It was crowded and my mom looks tired doing all work by herself. So I decided to help mom in serving the food! But soon I regretted it when Vibhan came and took a seat!

"Hey cherry! Come lets eat together!" he said out of nowhere grinning at me.

Everyone is now looking at me, then him! God!! I m so embrassed. I just shook my head and started to place sweets on every plate!

It was gulab jamun! My thoughts drifted back when Pratvik pulled me to his lap and fed me this sweet. The way his hands cleaned the drop of sugar syrup at the angle of my mouth and kissed me there still send shivers through me! Ahhh... I miss him so much!

"Its so sweet cherry! Just like you!" Vibhan said chewing his sweet and pulled me out of my sweet memories.
I felt puking then and there!

After my mom serving rice, I took the sambhar cask and start serving the guest with large spoon.

When I went near Vibhan, I made an act of tumbling with my feet and poured a spoonful of hot sambhar right at his chest!

"Argghhh... Its burning!" he cried jumping from his chair.

Ain't I sweet enough dear? Score 3 - 0!

"I m so sorry! All because of this saree! I tripped! Sorry!" I smirked at him but I m not satisfied still!

"Is it still hot? Here..." I took a glass of water nearby and splashed over him.

He jumped again with my sudden action and to the chillness of water!
Score 4 - 0 !!

"SHAKSHI!" my mom yelled and pulled me back by my arm.

"I was just helping him, mom..."

"Shut up!" she hissed at me and I rolled my eyes.

"I m so sorry, son! Please forgive her this time. She was not used to wearing this..." my mom panicked and handed him a towel.

"I- Its okay, aunty! I m fine. It was just an accident... I hope!" he wincked at me. Won't he get tired of me?

"Go to your room, Shakshi!" my mom said in low voice yet firmly.

I sighed and went upstairs.

This is not working! May be I should tell Vibhan that I already gave my heart to someone! To my love! To my Pratvik!

Pratvik's Pov

I called Vibhan. My cousin. He is also my trustworthy funny coolest childhood friend! No one came to my mind, when I decided to play with my sweetpie, other than him!

He went to Reni's mehandi today and I already told him about this and asked him to help me in surprising her sister- in law, My Shakshi! He accepted immediately and also wondered how I fell in love and laughed at me!

Everyone's heart is kinda a high security rusted lock untill its opened with a right key to let in the paradise!

In my case, its Shakshi!

I also warned him to be in his limits as she was quite fragile when it comes to men and more specific... To the stranger who already gained her disgust demising her groom!

I tapped my finger impatiently on my table waiting for him to attend my call.

"HELLO!" Vibhan barked at the other end.

Something happened for sure!

"Is Shakahi alright? Did you made her cry? I warned you, idiot! I shouldn't have played this with her! Actually I m the idiot..." I groaned at him.

"She is perfectly fine! And yes we are the idiots!"  he snorted back.

"What! Mmm... What happened?"

"Before telling that, I m just happy that my cousin got a sassy woman to tame him and his cold attitude finally!" he laughed.

"Just tell me what happened!"

"She poured the hot sambhar right on my chest and burnt my skin, just for complementing her that she is sweet as gulab jamun! Can you imagine that?" he said it in single breath.

I chuckled at her actions. My furious lioness!

"You deserved it idiot! I just asked you to put a show, instead you flirting with her? If I were there I would throw in the hot oil of hell!" I mocked back.

"When are you coming here, man? I can't handle this anymore! She might end up poisoning me if I go near her again." he said seriously!

God!!! I love her so much...

"I will be there tomorrow evening man! To Reni's Sangeeth ceremony! Please check on my arrangements for my proposal there!"

"Aye! Aye! Romeo! Everything will be taken care of! See you tomorrow."

Tomorrow is going to be a great day. A very important day in both of our lives!!!

I m coming for you Shakshi!

Finally, to make you mine....

Officially!!

********

Hi my dear sweet readers...

How is this one?😉

Do you really enjoy my story? Are you okay with this flow?

Please comment me down your thoughts. I m awaiting to read your reviews...🤗🤗🤗

Please Make me happy with your,
Votes❤ Share💙 and Follow💛

Love you guysss😘😘😘

Sweet dreams💕💕💕....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 603 10
Sequence of ~ "Heartbroken by Her" ~ Don't touch me"Karan yelled jerking her hands away, looking at her with the range filled eyes. "I have every rig...
38.7K 1.2K 47
A story of past left incomplete. It's a story of Avantika and Karanveer. A woman With pride and self respect. A woman who knew how to break the soc...
29.1K 821 50
Indian love story ...... # Sweet Ordinary Girl #Royal Prince charming # Enemies to lovers Every girl in this country is dying to marry me. Huh...
625K 27.8K 66
#1 in marriage - 6th mar 2022 #1 in India - 1st mar 2022 #1 in arranged marriage - 1st mar 2022 #1 in puppy love - 3rd march 2022 #1 in secret love...