Detention Can Change a Girl...

By bestieeater

Luna Coil gets detention--No, it's not the first time. It's actually one of many. She's not technically the b... More

Chapter One: Detention
Chapter Two: Beginning Thoughts
Chapter Three: Thinking More and More..
Chapter Five: Smiles and Suspicions
Chapter Six: Truths, Lies, and Beliefs
Chapter Seven: Music Tastes
Chapter Eight: Relief with Plans
Chapter Nine: Surprises Come to Whom Are Surprised
Chapter Ten: Don't Act Young if You're Ancient
Chapter Eleven: This is Reality, Sweetie
Chapter Twelve: And The Past Comes Rolling In
Chapter Thirteen: What'd Ya Know? Love Lasts
Chapter Fourteen: Flower Petals Left Laying On The Ground
Chapter Fifteen: You're my... What?!
Chapter Sixteen: You Know You're Ticked Off When You're Me
Chapter Seventeen: A Trip to the Hospital Can Change Everything
Chapter Eighteen: Shut Out
Chapter Nineteen: The Days Go By..
Chapter Twenty: Wakey, Wakey
Chapter Twenty One: Just When Things Were Looking Up
Chapter Twenty Two: My Happily Ever After.. I suppose
**Special**

Chapter Four: Brother's and Other's Thoughts

2.6K 36 1
By bestieeater

4.

(Luna's POV)

"So wrap me up in your love girl, yeah. Just wrap me up in your love, oh..." My iPod woke me up to Your Love by Cash Cash.

I yawned, stretching my stiff and sore arms. "Ow." I mumbled, then opened my tired eyes. I was still in my gray sweat pants and white tank top from the night before, my hair in a messy bun. I yawned, going to get dressed.

I decided on a well-fitting All Time Low band Tee, some faded blue jeans with a hole ripped in the right knee. I put on my neon green and black fingerless gloves. Then I decided on some black and blue knee-high striped socks, then some neon blue converse with black laces.

Then I put on some light black eyeliner and cherry red lip stainer. I took my hair down, brushing it through a few times. I let it flow over my shoulders, all wavy-ish.

Walking passed my full-length mirror, I smiled. I looked good. I looked... Like myself.

Walking out the door, I saw Nate. Nate was my older brother by a year, though he acted like the dad of the house. I guess he kind of had the right too, seeing as our real dad left us with nothing but love. Which, I guess is all we needed in the end because we were doing just fine now.

Aside from our trust issues.

Most girls hated or were annoyed by their older brothers. I don't and wasn't. Nate was the best older brother a girl could have. He looked out for me, comforted me, and you know, the usual.

Nate threw an arm around my shoulders as I walked out of my room. Nate had shaggy light brown hair and hazel eyes. He was muscular and pretty hot, if I do say so myself. But he's my brother, so, yeah.

"How's it goin' little sis? Did I miss anything?" Nate was gone for two days, off to visit some colleges. This was his senior year, anyways. I nodded. "Well, don't be silent." He hated when I was silent, it reminded us of when our father would tell us to be silent or else.

"Well... I got detention and met a guy." Nate gave me a look. "No, not like that. I haven't trusted him yet. But he seems promising. That's all I'm saying."

Nate has always been weary of me and guys, but he's always trusted me. He knows when I say someone's okay... They're okay. His brotherly instincts just kick in, is all.

"Can I meet him?" He asked honestly and sincerely. I nodded. "His name?"

"Dame Josslie." I felt Nate relax a little as we walked into the kitchen. I laughed, "What?" I asked.

Nate shrugged, taking his arm off to go get some milk and cookies. We always had this for breakfast, since our father never let us have cookies.

I picked out a sugar cookie with frosting and took a bite as Nate said, "He's a nice kid. I think he'd be good for you." That makes three people. Maybe Dame would make a good guy for me. No, no. Any guy besides your brother is untrustable, I told myself.

I sighed, "Well that makes you, Casey, and Mom."

Nate's eyebrows shot up. "Mom?" He said it as if he couldn't believe it.

I nodded my head, "I told her just about everything that happened yesterday and she basically said it was meant to be or some crap. I don't know though." I shrugged, taking another bite of my cookie.

"Oh, well, that's okay. We don't have to rush anything." Nate winked at me. I laughed, then looked at the clock the same time Nate did. "Guess we better go then." I nodded, trying to pick up my backpack, but failed. Nate picked it up for me, throwing it into my little car then driving off in his.

I started playing the song I awoke to, Your Love by Cash Cash, on my way to school. I was without troubles at that moment. But when I pulled up into the parking lot, I was at a loss. How was I supposed to carry my backpack?

Just as I thought of this, you'll never guess who popped up next to my car.

***

(Dame's POV)

As I woke up, my iPod was playing another Cash Cash song. I was too sleepy to understand which one.

I turned the music off, took my earbuds out, and got up deciding what to wear.

I decided on some faded blue jeans that had holes in the knees, a regular white T-shirt, and some black converse. I ran a hand through my hair and I was good to go.

Grabbing my backpack, I headed out the door and into my black transam. While speeding away to school, I turned on The Beach by All Time Low.

Just as I had pulled into the school parking lot, I saw Luna had too. I wondered if her shoulders were okay?

I put my transam in park and went over to her.

"You need some help?" I asked.

She nodded, smirking. I opened her door for her, helping her out, and grabbed her bag. Walking her into school, I asked, "So how're you feeling today?" She shrugged, she obviously had something on her mind. "What're you thinking about?" I asked sincerely.

She looked at me weirdly. "You want to know... What I'm thinking about?" She seemed shocked, as if no one had ever asked her that question before. I nodded, we were still walking into the school. "Oh.. Um.. You." She blushed wildly.

"Me?" I furrowed my eyebrows. Why would she be thinking about me?

She started explaining, "It's just.. You helped me and stuff. You're still helping me. Why? What have I ever done to be nice to you?"

I pursed my lips, wondering the same thing. "I don't really know. It just seems like the right thing to do. And when it seems like the right thing to do... You should do it." I shrugged as we approached Luna's locker.

She nodded, opening her locker. Casey ran over beside her, "Oh my God! I'm so so so so so sorry! I didn't mean to freak out like that! I mean you were just acting so sad and you mean so much more than that and--" She stopped, seeing me. "Oh, hi Dame." She didn't say this flirtily, like most girls, but friendly. I sent her a friendly wave back. Friends. It'd be nice to have a real one of those.

Luna closed her locker, "It's fine Casey. Don't worry about it." Luna waved it off and started walking, so Casey and I followed.

Casey called to her, "Luna, we'll catch up in a minute! 'Kay?" She waved.

"'Kay!" Luna called back without looking.

That's when Casey began interrogating me. "Listen, I can tell there's something going on between Luna and you so I--" I cut her off right there.

"What? There's nothing going on between me and Luna. Friends. Maybe not even that. I don't know, she's confusing. I'm just helping her out, is all." I shrugged.

Casey nodded, we began walking again. "Well, it's just, I've never seen her trust a guy this quickly before. With the exception of her brother, of course. It's that... She trusts you, Dame, I can tell. And that's a big thing. Luna only ever trusted me because I was the only friend of hers, besides her brother, through her... Past. She's had a very hard life, Dame. Don't let her down." She said the last line quietly and smoothly, then ran off to Luna.

Why would I ever let Luna down? I had no reason to. Sure, Isaac and Jake let tons of girls down and they had no reason. But I've never done that. I know what you're thinking, rejecting girls for no reason, eh? Well, I have a reason. It's that they're not the girl I'm looking for.

But Luna might be.

***

(Luna's POV)

Casey caught up to me, talking at full speed. She was always my chatter box. "So, you know, I was just talking to Dame and I don't think he'll let you down, I mean there's always a possibility, but this guy looks honest and I think he'd be really good for you and you'd be really good for him and so yeah, like things could work out like--" I cut her off.

"What the heck are you saying, Casey?" I chuckled.

She breathed in and out. "I think you and Dame should go out." Before I could answer, she started again. "No, listen a minute here, Luna Bear." She never called me by my nickname that I used up to 3rd grade... Until I decided it was too childish. "I honestly think Dame isn't one to let you down. I mean, he looked so honest, so sincere... He's not like your father." I flinched. "Oh, I'm sorry."

I nodded my head, "It's okay. Go on." We walked into the classroom and took our seats. Of course, Casey sat in the seat beside me. When Dame came in he had a thoughtful expression on his face. He gave me my bag. "Thank you." I mumbled.

He came out of his thoughts, "Any time." Then he went and sat in the back.

"So, go on." I nudged Casey.

"He seems trustworthy, Luna Bear. That's all I'm sayin'." She held her hands up innocently.

I whispered now, "Yeah. Seems. But what if 'seems' turns into 'is not'?" Casey nodded, thinking this through as well.

"Give him some time, 'kay? That's all I ask. I just have a hunch." When Casey had a hunch, she was normally right. I just didn't know about this one.

"Okay." I said slowly and honestly, then we turned and listened to Mr. Alan's announcements and taking roll.

Maybe I could trust Dame, I thought. Maybe he is trustworthy. Maybe.

Possibly.

Could be.

_______________________________

Chapter 4!!!! Hope you guys liked it!! I'm enjoying the votes, even if it is only two!! It means a lot!! Did you like how I popped in Nate there??? Someone told me about Nate and asked when he was coming and I was like... Okay maybe he SHOULD come in a little sooner. To introduce him to yall! Sorry this chapter's short but it's a well needed one! I'm trying to upload as quickly as I can, I even got up at 9:30 and began writing this morning just for you guys!! So please vote and comment if you're reading or like the book at all!!!! Thank you!!! =]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7M 253K 34
Those who were taken... They never came back, dragged beneath the waves never to return. Their haunting screams were a symbol of their horrific death...
16.8M 650K 64
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...
69.2K 2.8K 37
ᴅɪᴠᴇʀɢᴇɴᴛ; ᴛᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴏʀ ᴅᴇᴠᴇʟᴏᴘ ɪɴ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴꜱ.
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...