Mine

By kleotheshipofdreams

Kate and Leo. Jack and Rose. April and Frank. They say their relationship is platonic, but is it? They love e... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty one
Chapter twenty-two
Chapter twenty-three
Chapter twenty-four
Chapter twenty-five
Chapter twenty-six
Chapter twenty-seven
Chapter twenty-eight
Chapter twenty-nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty-one
Chapter thirty-two
Chapter thirty-three
Chapter thirty-four
Chapter thirty-five
Chapter thirty-six
Chapter thirty-seven
Chapter thirty-eight
Chapter thirty-nine
Chapter fourty
Chapter fourty-one
Chapter fourty-two
Chapter fourty-three
Chapter fourty-four
Chapter fourty-five
Chapter fourty-six
Chapter fourty-seven
Chapter fourty-eight
Chapter fourty-nine
Chapter fifty
Chapter fifty-one
Chapter fifty-two
Chapter fifty-three
Chapter fifty-four
Chapter fifty-five
Chapter fifty-six
Chapter fifty-eight
Epilogue

Chapter fifty-seven

666 13 20
By kleotheshipofdreams

Thank you so much for 24K reads! 💕

Four months later

"Mummy, why is it taking so long for Rose to be born?" Bear asked, pouting. "It's been forever!"

Kate chuckled softly, ruffling Bear's blond curls tenderly. "She should be here any day now, baby. Probably this week."

Bear frowned, placing his little hands on her baby bump. "Rose, hurry up so we can play!"

She chuckled, looking around to try and locate Leo. "Bear, where's Uncle Leo? Wasn't he playing with you earlier?"

"He said he would be in Rose's nursery. I think Joe's helping him."

Kate pecked his forehead. "Do you wanna come with me to see what they're up to?"

He jumped up excitedly. "Yeah!"

Kate stood up from the couch slowly, placing a hand on her lower back for support. "Why don't you lead the way, huh? I'll be with you in a minute." After watching him rush down the hall, she waddled to the room, where, sure enough, she could hear Leo and Joe talking.

"Hey there, boys."

"Kate." Leo grinned, walking towards her and kissing her temple. "Here, come sit down, baby."

He gently helped her sit comfortably on the rocking chair in the corner of the nursery. It had taken them around 2 months of hard work, but it was finally ready. The walls had been painted a light shade of pink, and, with the crib and a basket full of plush toys, it all looked very nice.

"What's going on? You're not planning on buying more toys, are you?" She raised an eyebrow, a small smirk on her face.

Leo chuckled, shaking his head. "I'm not, don't worry. Joe was just helping me set up the changing table. How are you feeling, Katie?"

"I'm fine, just tired." She yawned. "Rose doesn't stop moving around. I think she's anxious to come out already."

He grinned, placing his hand on her belly and rubbing tenderly. "Hey there, Rosie. You almost ready, baby girl?" His smile widened as he felt their daughter kick gently. Leo turned to face her again. "You need anything from the store, Katie? I'm gonna buy the kiddos some pizza."

"Oh, can you get me some ice cream?"

Leo nodded, leaning in to kiss her slowly. "I love you."

"I love you too." She smiled, squeezing his hand.

"Can I go with you, Uncle Leo? Pretty please?" Bear asked, jumping up and down.

"Ask your mom, kiddo."

"Mummy, can I go?"

Kate chuckled, pretending to think very hard about letting him go. "Will you behave and obey Leo?"

"I pinky-promise!"

"Fine, you can go."

Bear smiled, hugging her before turning to Leo. "Let's go, Uncle Leo!"

Leo nodded, pressing a short kiss to the top of her head. "See you in a bit, babe."

"Bye."

Once Bear and Leo left, she decided to watch a movie with Mia and Joe. They had been so incredibly helpful throughout the whole pregnancy, and were both very excited about having a sister. Mia in particular couldn't wait. Kate knew her oldest had always wanted a sister, and now she was finally getting it.

"You guys want some popcorn? Mia asked, handing them the bowl. Joe grabbed it, passing it to Kate. 

"Thanks, Mims."

"Are Leo and Bear getting dinner?" Joe questioned. "I'm hungry."

"Not sure. Let me text him." She paused the movie, reaching for her phone.

"Hi, babe. You guys bringing dinner?"

A few minutes later he texted her.

"Yeah, we'll get that pizza I told you about earlier. Tell Joe I'm getting him a burger, please."

"Leo says he'll get pizza and a burger for you, Joe."

"Sweet!"

"You coming soon?"

"It'll take us around an hour, I guess. There's a lot of traffic."

"Okay, love you."

They kept watching the movie, and she was starting to fall asleep. Kate grabbed a blanket, arranging herself more comfortably on the couch and closing her eyes. She was just about fall asleep when she felt an intense pain. She hissed, sitting up.

"Mum, you alright?" Joe asked, pausing the movie.

"I-I guess so, yeah. It's probably just a false alarm."

"Are you sure you're fine, Mum?" Mia and Joe shared a complicit look. Those two were so close, it was crazy how well they could read each other's minds so easily, and it was clear they didn't believe her.

"Yeah, I just felt a cramp, but I'm fine now." Kate said. "Don't worry."

"Okay."

A couple of minutes later, she whimpered, feeling the same pain again. "Ouch!"

"Mum, are you okay?"

Kate shook her head. "Contractions. They've started-" She reached for her phone. "Ow!"

"Oh my God." Mia stood up. "What do we do?"

"Call Leo!" Joe exclaimed. "Mum, do we call the hospital?"

"No, wait." Kate said. "Mia, Joe's right. Call Leo."

Mia nodded, dialing his number and waiting for him to pick up.

"Hey, babe. I've got some food for-" Leo said, talking calmly.

"Uncle Leo! You need to get home, now! Mum's having contractions!"

"What?! Is she okay?!" They could hear his voice tone change immediately, growing panicked.

"She's fine, but you've gotta come home now!"

"Yeah, yeah, of course. Damnit, there's so much traffic!"  

She could picture him perfectly in that moment. Standing in the middle of  the toys' aisle in the market, with Bear standing nearby looking at the Lego sets he liked building so much. She knew he was running his hands through his hair, like he always did when he was stressed. 

"Mia, pass me the phone." Kate extended her hand. "Leo, do not panic."

"Kate! Thank God. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, I-" Another contraction hit her. "Oh, bloody hell! That hurts!"

"Kate! I'm on my way, alright? Don't worry, baby." She heard him tell Bear they had to go, and she couldn't help but smile as she imagined Bear's pout.

"Leo, calm down. Drive carefully, okay?"

"Okay, okay." He took a deep breath. "Home or the hospital?"

She looked at Mia. "Do you have your car keys?"

Mia nodded. "Yeah."

"Meet us at the hospital. Mia'll drive me there. Joe will text you the room."

"Fine. Okay, okay. I'll be there."

"Leo?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you so much."

"I love you too, princess. I'll see you soon, alright? Tell Rose to wait for me."

"I will."

She hung up the phone and looked at Joe and Mia, her babies that had grown up so much. Rose truly was a lucky girl to have such great siblings.

"Everything will be fine, Mum." Joe said, and she loved how he was doing his best to calm her down. "Mia and I will get you to the hospital, and Uncle Leo will get there too."

"Thank you, Joey."

"We better go. Can you walk, Mum?"  Mia asked, reaching to help her up. 

"Yes." Kate stood up, leaning on Mia and waddling vey slowly towards the door. Joe rushed past them, opening the door and grabbing the overnight bag Leo had packed for the hospital. It was quite ironic, that Leo had literally not left the house for a couple of days, and the day he decided to leave, she had started having contractions. He probably wasn't finding it as funny as she was, though.

The car ride was a mix of Mia freaking out, trying to drive carefully but fast, of Joe trying to calm her down, and of her muttering curse words every time she got a contraction. Thankfully, they got to the hospital in record time, rushing through the reception.

A nurse guided them to a room, telling them the doctor would be there in a minute.

"That has got to be the most stressful thing I've ever done." Mia sighed, dropping down on a chair beside the bed.

"It was pretty cool." Joe shrugged. "I've texted Uncle Leo."

"Thanks."

"Hey, Bear is gonna get so bored waiting." Mia chuckled. "You'll have to take one for the team. There's more games on your phone."

"No way. What am I meant to do then?"

Kate smiled. "You teenagers are having a baby sister and are arguing who's gonna share their phone."

"Sounds about right." 

The doctor came in a couple minutes later, making sure everything was going smoothly. "It shouldn't take that long, Kate. We'll start getting everything ready."

She was starting to worry. She was well aware it was normal, and even though Mia and Joe were doing their best to distract her, she was painfully aware of the fact that Leo hadn't arrived yet.

What felt like an hour later, even though it probably was like twenty minutes, they clearly heard Leo's voice outside the room, and Bear opened the door.

"Mummy!" He ran towards her, hopping up and down excitedly. "Mummy, is Rose finally coming? Uncle Leo said we had to come for her!"

Kate nodded. "She is, baby. Are you excited?"

"Yeah! I'm gonna be a big brother now!"

"That's right, kiddo." Leo said.

Kate looked up to see him standing in the doorway, a nervous but happy smile on his face. He walked into the room, leaning down and kissing her softly. "Hey, Katie."

"You made it." She pecked his cheek.

He took both her hands in his. "Of course I did. I wouldn't miss it for the world, love. Are you feeling okay?"

"I am now." Leo kissed her forehead. "Ow!"

His eyes widened almost comically. "Did I hurt you?"

She shook her head, squeezing his hand tightly. "Bloody hell...contractions." 

"I'll call the doctor." Mia stood up, and walked outside to the nurses' station.

Meanwhile, Leo focused on taking care of her. He gave her ice chips, and made sure to keep holding her hand. He was bursting with excitement. He couldn't wrap his mind around the fact that their baby was finally coming.

His life had changed so incredibly much in the last couple of years. He thought of his life before: yeah, he had a wonderful career, a nice house and good friends, but he was constantly feeling...incomplete. Longing for something to fill his life. Longing for love, yes, but not anyone's love. Kate Winslet's love. His amazingly astounding best friend, and all he needed was her.

He remember those months of living with her, all those nights when he'd laid awake on the bed, thinking that he'd do absolutely anything for her. That trip they'd taken to L.A, not realizing everything would change.

When they shared their first kiss without being surrounded by cameras. When they had kissed because they loved each other, not because it was written on a script. When he told Kate he loved her, and he had gotten to hear those words he had waited over twenty years to hear. 

The day he'd snuck out of the house while she had been distracted, and had gone to buy her a ring. The night when he'd finally asked her to be his wife, and she'd said yes. That day, nine months before, when she'd told him the best news of his life, that moment that was worth all the awards in the world: they were having a baby.

The last few months, listening to Rose's heartbeat, seeing the sonogram, choosing her name, painting the nursery, going to the market in the middle of the night because Kate had weird cravings.

And, even further back, a good twenty something years ago, seeing that red-haired English girl enter the set, feeling his heartbeat quickening. That friendship they had formed that would change their worlds.

There was no way he could ever find the words to express the extent of his love for Kate.

He snapped out of his daydreaming when the doctor entered the room.

"Hello, Kate, Leo." She greeted. "Let's see how everything's going, shall we?"

She checked Kate's heartbeat and the baby's and then checked some other stuff. "Alright, it seems like we're ready! I'm gonna move you to another room, but your kids can stay here."

Kate turned to her kids. "Mia, Joe, could you-"

"Don't worry about us, Mum. We'll take care of Bear." Mia replied, cutting her off. 

Joe nodded, squeezing her free hand. "We love you, Mum."

"I love you so much, my babies." Kate whispered, hugging them.

They were moved the a special labor room, and they waited while everything was set up.

"Leo, I love you."

He smiled, gently pressing a kiss to her forehead. "I love you too, Katie. So much."

"Are you nervous?" 

"I'm pretty sure I should be the one asking you that." He chuckled.

"Probably." Kate nodded. 

He grabbed her hand, gently kissing it. "I'm okay. Nervous, yeah, but also extremely happy, you know?"

"I know. That's normal, though. I'm feeling like that too." 

"Can you believe the next time we go home, it'll be six of us?" He asked, trying to distract her from the contractions. After a couple moments of silence, she answered.

"I'm still trying to wrap my mind around it."

"Everything's ready now, Kate. On your next contraction, start pushing." 

"You've got this, Kate. Hold my hand, okay? Squeeze it as hard as you want." Leo said, kissing her once. "I love you."

"I love you, too." Kate held his hand, taking a deep breath. She was ready. She wanted to meet their daughter. She wanted to see Leo's face when he held Rose for the first time. She was ready for this new chapter of their life to begin.

"Alright, Kate. Start pushing now."

Kate started pushing as hard as she could, whimpering in pain. She was sure Leo's hand would start feeling numb soon with how hard she was holding him. 

"C'mon, babe. You're doing great." He rubbed her back with his free hand. 

She was crying, face reddened, but she was still going, refusing to stop until told so. Everything was a blur around her. Leo stood beside her, holding her, telling her that he loved her, that he was proud of her. 

She was exhausted, nervous, and in pain, but none of it mattered if Leo was there, being her rock, supporting her. She knew she could do this. Rose would be in their arms soon, and everything would be fine.

"A couple more pushes, Kate. I can see its head."

Kate panted, squeezing Leo even tighter, crying harder and screaming as she pushed with all the strength and energy left in her body.

Through eyes blurry with tears, she saw the doctor raise their baby. "It's a girl. Congratulations."

"Kate, you did it!" Leo exclaimed, leaning towards her and kissing her. "I love you, I love you. Oh, Kate, I love you." He wrapped his arms around her. "Rose is here!" 

Kate smiled from ear to ear, hugging him back. "I love you too, Leo. Thank you for making me a mum again." She kissed his cheek. 

Leo pulled away slightly, cupping her face in his hands. "Kate, you don't need to thank me. I should be the one thanking you. Thanks for making me a dad."

"Can we hold her?" She asked.

"Of course you can." 

The nurse brought them a tiny bundle in a pink blanket. She was placed carefully on Kate's arms.

Their daughter was absolutely beautiful. She had wisps of blond hair, and was adorably clutching the blanket in her tiny fist.

"Hi, Rose. I'm your Mummy." Kate whispered, staring in awe at the baby in her arms. "You're so beautiful."

Leo extended a finger, carefully caressing her head. "Hey, Rosie. Daddy here."

The baby cooed, opening her eyes. They felt themselves tear up as their daughter watched them.

"Oh, Leo. She's got your eyes." Kate gasped, looking at him.

Leo nodded, mouth slightly open in amazement. His mind was still trying to process that the beautiful baby girl in Kate's arms was his daughter. "She's so...small."

"Do you want to hold her?" She scooted aside, letting him sit beside her.

"Yes." 

Kate helped him place his arms properly, passing Rose to him carefully. 

"Rosie, you're so cute." Leo said, not taking his eyes off the baby.

Kate was handed the birth certificate. She wrote her and Leo's full names, before carefully writing their daughter's name.

Rose Sally Winslet DiCaprio

Once she handed the form to the nurse, she rested her head on Leo's arm, feeling absolutely exhausted. 

"Rose looks like you, Katie. She's got my eyes, but the rest is all you."

Kate smiled, watching him. "You think so?"

"Of course. She's as beautiful as her mother."

Kate blushed softly. "I think she's a perfect combination of both of us."

Leo kissed her temple. "You're right."

Right then, with their daughter in arms and Kate beside him, knowing that Mia, Joe and Bear where in a room nearby, he was home.

Hi, everyone! I hope you like this! I literally have no excuses. I'm well aware it's been forever since I've updated, but honestly I didn't have any inspiration. I had tried starting this chapter so many times but I never quite liked how it turned out. However, I finally forced myself to write this and I'm really happy with how it turned out. I've also been working on my new Kleo story, which I'll post once I finish this one. Anyways, thanks for your patience and support. Love you all! ❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71 14 10
Friendzone. Platonic. Best friends. Those three words perfectly describe Carlos' relationship with Kate; the girl of his dreams. He wants to confess...
10.2K 257 12
Kate has a new start to her life when she's about to get married to her one and only Ned. But some surprises happen and change a lot of things... A l...
251K 7.6K 26
Meet Megan. 17 and madly in love with Jack Johnson. Meet her best friend Meg. 17 and madly in love with Jack Gilinsky. After an amazing experience a...
53.3K 946 36
Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio have known each other since they filmed the hit movie "Titanic" and fans fell in love with the couple. Leo and...