half/closer | GirlXGirl

By reversereverie

• English • half/closer - Hilary and Khloe ❝ Everything you've ever wanted is on the other side of your own f... More

half / 1
half / 2
half / 3
half / 4
half / 5
half / 6
half / 7
half / 8
half / 9
half / 10
half / 11
half / 12
half / 13
half / 14
half / 15
half / 16
half / 17
half / 18
half / 19
half / 20
half / 21
half / 22
half / 23
half / 24
half / 25
26 / closer
27 / closer
28 / closer
30 / closer
31 / closer
32 / closer
33 / closer
34 / closer
35 / closer
36 / closer
37 / closer
38 / closer
39 / closer
40 / closer
41 / closer
42 / closer
43 / closer
44 / closer
45 / closer
half / closer
Bonus Chapter

29 / closer

4.1K 169 74
By reversereverie

Slowly, I woke up feeling lightheaded from a saccharine dream— wrinkled bed sheets, entangled legs and arms, and warm bare body on mine until I realized it wasn't just a dream. I shot up from the realization, finding no presence beside me.

I straight away felt disappointed. However, I could still smell her fragrance in my room. Hilary must be somewhere so I rushed out from my bed, gathering my clothes and putting them on.

Last night was so surreal. It was a flash of events that I couldn't believe as much as I wanted to save it in my memory. I couldn't imagine that she came into my room and accepted my situation even though she knew nothing about it. Damn, so unconditional.

I don't deserve her.

As the voice whispered to me, I shook my head before I mentally told myself that there was more to come. More to think about. Quinn let her in which was really dangerous so I better give her some sense. Although so far, it went well for us, there would be always a possibility of Jet finding out about this.

With a heavy sigh, I headed out of my room, instantly hearing my Mom cooking in the kitchen. She was talking to someone and I didn't know if I wanted it to be Hilary or not. So once I saw my half-sister leaning over our kitchen island, I didn't know if I should feel disappointed or relieved.

"Morning, Sis!" Quinn greeted me with an annoying smirk.

I glared hard at her before sitting down across her place. "Where is she?" I whispered, trying to keep our conversation from my Mom. I didn't want her to know that Hilary had been here last night.

"Out... She left half an hour ago," Quinn answered as she leaned closer. "Don't worry, I made sure she got home safely."

"Why would you do—" I tried to question her action last night but was cut off when my Mom placed our breakfast between us.

"So?" my Mom started as she sat beside me. "Today is your final tournament, right?"

"Ah y-yeah... Yeah, today is an important day," I said with a weird laugh.

Mom smiled sadly at me. "I wish I can watch you kick for victory but I have an important dinner meeting after work."

"It's okay, I'll be there to cheer her up," Quinn assured my Mom which I agreed to as I nodded. "By the way, there's a long-rumor in the town that my Dad was a gang leader, is it true?"

I bulged my eyes out from Quinn's question. How could she just blurt it out just like that?! She let Hilary last night and now this?!

My Mom frowned at her question and I awkwardly pulled my plate of egg benedict in front of me. Seriously, I needed a lot of protein because we might go into war after all of Quinn's antics. I needed her to explain what bullshit she had been doing lately.

"Not entirely. I was a member, actually," Mom answered which caused me to cough out the food in surprise. Quinn was also shocked at the revelation as her interest peaked up

"Why so surprised?" Mom smirked at us.

"Tell us about it?" Quinn urged, nonchalantly taking the fork and cutting the poached egg in half, appearing to be not that interested at the topic at hand.

"Well, how should I start?" Mom asked herself before sipping her cup of coffee.

"Start with why Dad founded it?" I urged more to get information on why we were involved with this gang group.

"Your Dad founded it with three of his friends," Mom began as she recalled the past. "They called their group NAME which the abbreviations of their first name: Nathaniel Valentine, Aston Blackburn, Malum Colvin, and Elric Krause. It was not entirely a gang but merely a group of activists aiming for political and social change. Back then, the town was infested of authorities smuggling weapons and drugs in the dark. Gangs appeared everywhere and they were protected by the local government. The neighborhood was getting involved with the war. They made our town a rendezvous point. There were unexplainable deaths and accidents happening everywhere. People knew in their heart who was responsible but they turned a blind eye because of fear, except for your Dad, of course."

"So he started this group to scream protest against these corrupt people," Quinn said with a face filled with curiosity.

"And to make the town folks realize that there are people who are fighting for them," Mom went on. "Well, the only thing we've done back then was to vandalize the street. The original member's task was to recruit more people so that our scream gets louder."

"So why Dad left the group?" I asked.

Mom shook her head then sipped her coffee before she answered, "Your Dad didn't leave. Our cause had won. The Colvin had managed to obliterate the town administration and cleansed the dirt once and for all."

"The Colvin?" Quinn and I looked at each other in total shock.

"Tell us about this Colvin," I eagerly asked, too eager actually.

Mom shrugged her shoulder. "Matthew Colvin, Malum's father took over the mayor's office."

"And?"

My Mom frowned, placing her mug back on the table and looked at me with suspicion in her eyes. "And why are we talking about this first thing in the morning? We should talk about why Hilary slept over at school night? We don't do that in this house, Khloe!"

"Wh-Wha?" I was flabbergasted and looked at her defensively while I heard Quinn snorted beside me. "N-No! No! She was just— She was—"

"She what?" Mom pointed at me.

"She was just trying to comfort me because I had a fight at school?" I tried but I made it so much worse.

"You had a fight?! Again?" Mom said in disbelief. "How many days this time?"

"I didn't get a suspension and for the record, I didn't start the fight. And by the way, I'm mentally and physically okay, Mom."

"Oh look! We're gonna be late!" Quinn interrupted our exchange and then she dragged me before my Mom even managed to protest.

"Don't get into trouble anymore and good luck with the game!" Mom shouted as we both hopped into my car.

"I didn't get to finish my breakfast!"

"Don't whine!" Quinn muttered as I drove to school in annoyance. "We have to get to the bottom of this."

"We? We?! We?!" I exclaimed, giving her a brief glare. "You almost put us at risk by letting Hilary in last night. You're acting alone, Quinn."

"As if it didn't work out," Quinn defended with a teasing smile.

I rolled my eyes. "You'll never know. Jet might already found out about last night."

"Dad didn't win his cause. The Colvin just made him think that he had won," my sister blurted out of topic.

I frowned. "Are you listening to me?"

"This Matthew Colvin took the office and got rid of corruption? But the truth is, it was just to cover up their illegal business," Quinn went on with her speculation. "Making sense?"

I sighed. "Yeah, it's starting to make sense. But why Malum is trying to mess up with our lives? They succeeded so why target a group of teenagers who don't even have a clue about any of their sh!t?"

Quinn tapped at the middle console. Then a long silence fell between us. I almost missed my turn way down to our school because of reeling thoughts in my head.

"Maybe because his only son is obsessed with you, remember?" Quinn said after a moment of peace.

I groaned out loud. "That might be one reason but I believe there's another. Much deeper. I don't even get how our Dad was friend with that Malum."

My sister clicked her tongue as I parked my car. I couldn't wait to see Hilary again but that might not be a good idea because we were in the public eyes. That bastard might get triggered and threaten me again.

Speaking of...

Immediately, I locked the door of my car, both sides and then glared at Quinn. "Why did you risk Hilary's life when you let her in last night? Quinn, do you know how much I freaked out when I saw her in my room?"

My sister shrugged her shoulder and looked back at me with an innocent smile. "I did not."

"You did not? You let her in, just like that. What if Jet already found out about it? Quinn, I don't know what I'm going to do if something terrible happens to her? So stop deciding without informing me, okay? Don't act alone about this. We're a team, remember?"

Quinn was about to say something but an unfamiliar ringtone cut her off. She messily took out a new phone from her bag and answered the phone without hesitation.

I stared at her confused while she was talking to someone. We both got rid of our smartphones to be safe. We would never know when or how Jet would hack our gadgets so I was confused why Quinn bought another one.

"Good job, Hawk," Quinn said before she hung up. She then smirked at me and I waited for her explanation. On why she was not being careful about all of these.

"Well, we're a team, Khloe. But you're the main target so of course, there will be times that I have to act alone."

I gasped in disbelief. "Doesn't mean you have to put Hilary in danger. And I thought no phone for the meantime?"

Quinn rolled eyes. "Yeah, I said that but this phone is different. It's specially encrypted with some sort of complicated code. No one can obliterate it unless you're a part of the Earl private security & defense services."

"W-What?"

Quinn sighed before she took out another phone from her bag and handed it to me. "It has a GPS. It can tell us the location of each other so keep it with you all the time. Do you understand?"

"And where did you get this?" I questioned.

Quinn shook her head in disbelief. "Really? You're looking at the heiress of the House of Elle. Do you really think I'm gonna let them do this to us? I have money to fvck them up."

My eyes widened at her revelation. "What did you do?"

"I sent an email to Uncle Richard using Uncle's Nate computer. His office is the most secure in school. I just happened to be able to access it because of Arisa. Of course, she doesn't know about this. I just asked Uncle Nate's password telling him that I forgot to send my homework for that day. And voila, Uncle Richard immediately delivered these phones so that I can communicate with him and with the private army...safely."

"Army?! You sent a private army?!"

"Why not?!" Quinn spread her arms to emphasize her question. "Khloe, you don't understand. I almost lost you before because of that Elric. No way I'm gonna just sit in the class without doing anything. I don't care if Jet is doing this alone. I will send a fu cking private security service to protect you and all of the people who are being threatened by him. And you said it yourself, there's a deeper reason why this is happening. So it's a good decision that I sought for Uncle Richard's help in case something happens. I just didn't tell you because it was not safe yet."

I blinked a few times before I managed to speak. "Wow, I mean you've really done it. And... what about that call?"

"The security team leader just reported to me that he already swept all the bugs inside the school. Can you believe that?! He also bugged our house through the backyard, through our room and our car. I don't even know how much he heard. It pissed me off that he might have been listening to my girlfriend's moan whenever we were doing it. So tell me a good reason why I shouldn't call for a private army?"

I hung my mouth open. "Quinn, you're really sweet but a psycho."

Quinn huffed. "I know but he's disrespecting our privacy! No one disrespects me!"

"So do you think we're safe now?" I frowned in curiosity.

My sister looked over the window. "Nope, not until we catch him. But we have private bodyguards everywhere, blending in. I've also made sure they watch over Hilary, Arisa and the rest of our friends including Uncle Nate and Aunt Claire. But remember, no talking and no public affection of display because your obsessive stalker possibly bugged Hilary's phone, or everyone involved with us."

I raised both of my arms defensively. "I already know that. But wait! If Jet is stalking her then he might already found out about last night. He might have been... he might have been listening to us last night?!"

Quinn smirked at me. "Don't worry. I confiscated her phone and groped her whole body for precaution before she got to you."

My eyes enlarged. "You groped her?! You could have checked her whole body instead. Why grope her?!"

"For strict security reasons?"

"Strict your ass! And what did she say about you being a total pervert?"

My sister shrugged innocently. "She looked at me like I was insane or something. But duh, I couldn't even feel her no matter how much I grope and yeah, for obvious reason."

"And for that reason, it's totally not necessary. You're insane!" I countered back.

"I know, Loe but I have to do that so stop whining about it. At any moment, Jet will retaliate because of this. We got rid of his magic trick and he might already know that we already have protection everywhere. He may be calling his Daddy now."

I knitted my brows and clenched my hand into a fist. "But this is a process, Quinn. Thank you for doing this."

"Yeah? A high-schooler sending private protection. Yeah, I'm insane," my sister said with a loud chuckle.

I clenched my hand tighter. "Being insane is normal after all the threat he brought to us. It's time for him to get out of his den. I'm tired of his dirty tactics already."

Quinn clicked her tongue before she reached out to the back seat and handed my soccer ball to me. "But first you have to win this game."

With a sigh, I let myself calm my nerves and stared at Quinn in determination. "Bring it on."

*****

I was benched.

Not because I failed to get in my game. It was because my coach was preparing me for the climax. Sylvia, our bully captain, was doing her best in the field even though I could see that she was still in pain due to the damage I've caused her yesterday. I knew about it because there was still a little bit of discomfort on my stomach even though I had already drenched it with a cold spray. What more for her.

The score was 1:1. I managed to make a killer pass to the second striker on the first match and she had successfully hit the goal. But our opponent was also good at clashing through our defense and they had succeeded to score at the end of the first match.

Gulping down the water from my lucky tumbler, I sneakily eyed my side and looked for a certain blonde. Even though it was a women competition, our school required our cheerleading team to also shout for victory and strengthen our woman spirits. It was a little bit cold though so they were wearing their winter cheer uniform. Basically, a tight black top covered with varsity jacket, black and red plaid skirt and thigh-high socks.

Details aside, I found Hilary also eyeing me from a distance. She was insanely beautiful with her body covered with their cheer uniform. Her long golden tresses were in a high ponytail showing her glorious face features. Compare to her other team, her height was just right. Not that tall, not too short. I was an inch taller, I think. Arisa had the same height as mine while Quinn was the midget among us.

Though being caught red-handed, Hilary gave me a heart-stopping smile and in panic, I immediately averted my gaze but sported a happy grin, telling her silently that I had acknowledged her gesture. It was sad to say that we weren't able to talk to each other the whole day before the match. It seemed she understood it and never bothered me.

Although sometimes, I would catch her staring at me from a distance. But being a smart ass, I was able to send her a note by asking one of my friends. I thanked her for being understanding about our situation. And I got a reply by finding a note inside my locker wishing me a splendid victory. It felt like we were in a secret relationship which was true actually, given the situation. I could send more notes but we were in a crucial time unlike before.

Jet probably had a plan ready but so far, nothing happens. Maybe because my sister's private security was everywhere, watching us closely.

"What are you grinning for, Summer?!" my coach shouted at me as he tapped my back. "It's time. Get back in the field!"

Hearing the referee's signal, I stood up and reminded myself to aim for the win this time. I looked around and my teammates seemed relief that the coach put me back in the field again. Sylvia was ... oh well, I couldn't care less.

In the first place, I was planning to win this game anyway.

*****

"Congrats!" my sister hollered as she approached me on the bench.

She sat beside me and we looked at the people around us. Everybody was cheering for our victory. I hit the goal for the last minute. It was an easy win because I had the ball under control. Our opponents' moves were so easy for me to read. So it was a victory.

Our school won a lot of trophies this year. From my perspective, this school promised a good competition among the students. They thrived for excellence and the teachers were all great. There were bullies but I think that Arisa was the one in control of them. Most of the time, she bullies the bullies and then I would bully her. It was fun while it lasts.

While it lasts. Yeah, senior year was really... It was really great. So many things happened.

Hilary and I happened.

I smiled at the thought but then the school year was coming to an end.

Yet everything felt like it was only just a beginning.

I stared at my sister with worries in my eyes. "We haven't won yet."

Quinn stared back at me with all seriousness on her innocent face. "I know but let's acknowledge this triumph."

As I nodded, Coach approached me with a wide smile on his face.

"Good kick, Summer! Don't waste this talent. I know you're not pursuing soccer but if you change your--"

"I'm not changing my mind, Coach." I interrupted and then smirked confidently. "Enough of Sylvia being a loser. Give it to her."

My coach nodded in understanding and I stood up, holding my lucky tumbler with me. My sister and I walked out of the field. My team was giving me a lot of praises as I headed towards the school building.

But then Arisa halted us as she tugged Quinn's wrist, trying to initiate a conversation after their fight.

"Hey, there's going to be an after-party at Lucy's house. Everybody is coming so come with me."

Quinn smiled at her girlfriend and I knew that smile. "I'll come with you as long as Khloe agrees and comes with us."

At that moment, I knew that Arisa was already boiling mad. I gazed briefly at the whole cheerleading team while they watched the laser-liked glares between me and Arisa. I saw Hilary farther behind her fuming best friend and she was next to that Alec. Everybody hated me because I broke the Golden Queen's heart. I was just lucky that Hilary had forgiven me which was something they didn't know about.

It was sad to say that my sister was also breaking Arisa's heart but mostly tarnishing her ego. Well, I was quite a savage and I needed to do this. So I blurted out my answer, "I won't come to a boring-ass party."

"How dare you say that?!" one their friend asked in disbelief. I think it was the party host, Lucy.

I sighed. "I smell trouble so we have to go, Quinn."

My sister nodded and then turned back to Arisa with a sweet smile on her face. "Sorry, enjoy your party. Call me after, alright?"

Arisa gasped. I could see her tears were starting to let out. But she fought it so well. "Come with me or else, I'm breaking up with you."

Everybody was shocked. I knew Arisa would break but not to this extent. Quinn wasn't giving her a lot of attention even though the senior year was about to end and prom was already coming next week. My sister's mind was out of her and she wasn't even asking her to a prom date. Quinn wasn't doing anything because her attention was fully on me.

Quinn gazed at Arisa with an apologetic expression on her face. "I won't come, sorry."

I saw that. I saw the flicker of hurt in her light blue eyes. I knew that Quinn was being harsh with her by choosing me over her but Arisa was at fault too. She shouldn't have made Quinn choose in the first place.

"Fine! Do whatever you want!" she exclaimed in anger, tossing Quinn's arms away. Arisa stormed off and I could feel the glares of her friends aiming at us as they followed their captain.

Hilary stared at me briefly and I couldn't read her at all as she trailed away from us.

"You don't have to do that," I said.

My sister sighed tiredly. "I know but I did."

"Quinn, take her back this instant. I don't want this to happen to you just because we're in this predicament. Remember, don't let them destroy you."

To my surprise, she chuckled at my statement. "I'm not letting them. Sure, I didn't expect Arisa to break up with me. Just a minor disagreement I did expect though then I'm planning to annoy her more before I ask her to prom. You know, to make it more unpredictable."

My mouth slightly opened at her scheming. "What a way to use me to anger her, huh!"

Quinn snickered "You're the most effective when it comes to dealing with her anger. Did you see that? She wanted to murder you with those beautiful eyes. Ah, I love her so much."

"You know that you're being immature, right? You hurt her feelings back there."

Quinn shook her head and clicked her tongue in dismay. "Yes, I did but she's also being so immature. C'mon, what's so rare about choosing you as my sister for some time? I'm just giving her the I'm-not-all-yours-all-the-time-kinda medicine. But I guess not for long. I already have my proposal ready. I'll ask her tomorrow, don't worry."

This time, I sighed in exhaustion. I looked at the surroundings and everybody was already leaving for their own business. "I'm already burnout. Let's go home?"

Quinn agreed as she nodded.

*****

"So... you're aware that a car is following us right now?" I asked skeptically at Quinn as I drove ourselves back home.

"Yes, our security," Quinn said as she glanced at the rearview mirror. "The team leader said that there's no suspicious movement so far so we're all good."

"Do you think Jet backed out?"

"I don't think so."

I took a deep breath and then glanced over the side mirror again. It was uncomfortable that someone was following us even though it was our own protection. It felt like any moment, we're going to get in trouble.

It was already eight in the evening. The final match ended at seven-thirty. I was already driving on the highway in the middle of a farm and there was a car driving in front of us meters away from us. There were also cars passing by the next lane but in just a rare occurrence. In agitation, I put my hand inside my pocket to make sure that the GPS phone was inside my varsity jacket. It seemed like the device would calm me down, knowing we had connections.

But my anxiety increased when a Jeep Wrangler appeared closer behind our bodyguards' vehicle as I cautiously glanced at the rearview mirror again.

"How much did you spend on this, Quinn? It's really tight security. Is it necessary to send a—Oh shit!" I was stunned when the Jeep which appeared out of nowhere suddenly screeched beside our security vehicle then open fired with their large guns. Even though my car's windshield was closed tight, we could still hear every gunfire.

"Oh sh!t! Sh!t! Hit the gas! Hit the fvcking gas!" Quinn screamed out loud and I sped up as I stepped on the gas harder. It also seemed the car in front of us was alarmed by the sound of the danger behind us as it also drove faster. "Did you see that?! They shot them dead!"

Looking at the side mirrors, our bodyguard's vehicle went out of control and bumped to the farm fences, confirming that they were in a critical state, or probably already dead.

"This isn't happening!" I yelled, my hands on the wheel were already trembling in fear. We were in a car chase and I instantly remembered the accident that put me into a coma state. It reminded me of the horror and it was currently shaking me to the core.

"Calm down! This is happening!" Quinn shouted back when she noticed my nervous state then she rummaged something from her bag. However, a loud screech from the front startled both of us, forcing my eyes away from my sister.

The car in front of us suddenly turned as it confronted my car while it was running in reverse.

"Oh no! No no no no!!" Quinn was utterly shocked too. The driver was none other than, Jet, while he had one of his goons leaning out of his car window, his gun was pointing at us. In reflex, I immediately hit the brake but the Jeep Wrangler behind us crashed against the trunk of my car so hard that my head bumped against the wheel.

At that moment, I had lost all control of the situation as our car was being pushed forward violently. The glass shattered around us and my head were spinning due to the collision. I gave my best to keep my awareness solid by blinking a few times. I watched my sister shouting at me as she crossed her arm on my chest to keep me safe while she held onto the dashboard of my wrecked car.

But all I could hear was a piercing sound in my ears.

And then all went black.

_______________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

332K 7.4K 25
Olivia and kacie, from 2 completely different worlds, but little did they both know, is that it would soon become, just one, very confusing world. M...
210K 9.2K 40
(Book Two) My name is...well you know my name and I think I'm gay. No, I'm sure of it. I'm in love with my best friend. She is wild, reckless, and th...
1.3M 23.3K 33
When Dana Thomas's parents get divorced, and her aunt and uncle pass away, her mother decides it's time for a change - just in time for senior year o...
45.2K 1.7K 21
Kate has had enough of her demons and she is now looking for forgiveness, after two years of not seeing her ex girlfriend and former ex best friend S...