The Boss

By RoseLeAnnMoore

Lisa Jones have not had it easy. Being insecure about her weight and body have always been an issue for her... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
Epilogue

CHAPTER 18

44.2K 1.5K 226
By RoseLeAnnMoore

-William-

I looked around the giant dinning room table that could easly fit twenty people. My father was sitting at the head with my mother beside him. The servers were standing on the wall waiting to put dinner on the table as soon as everyone was seated. Tiffanny's chair was emtpy, but the main people that stood out the most to me was Cassandra, her sister Gadie and parents.

"What is she doing here" Cassandra sneered pointing at Lisa but looking at me

I looked over at Lisa. She looked like she wanted to just be swallowed up by the floor at the moment. her hand was squeezing mine and I knew she was uncomfortable by Cassandra's outburst, which really pissed me off because if anyone should be asked why they were here it would be Cassandra and her parents.

"She was invited here BY ME" I stated looking Cassandra dead in her eyes. She wrinkled up her nose and lifted her head like the princess she was. That was one thing that I didnt like about Casssandra, she always had this better than thou attitude, ordering people around and sticking her nose in the air like she was better than everyone else. Lisa was the complete opposite; she was not only as beautiful as Cassamdra but humble as well. Cassandra never would dream of cooking us a dinner or any house hold duties a loving women would do.

"Cassandra have a seat" her father said clearing his throat and tugging on her arm. Cassandra's father was a very soft spoken man and between Cassandra, her sister and hushy over opinionated mother he never stood a chance with them. It was safe to say he was bossed around just as much as any guard in there home would be.

She turned around and gave her father a minicing look but reluctantly sat down, and I walked Lisa to her seat at the opposite side of the table.

before taking my seat I looked at my father's unread

able expression. I knew he invited Cassandra and her parents here for dinner.

"Father can I speak to for a moment in private?" I asked giving him a hard stare. My father was in no way a weak man so he returned the stare back just as hard.

"Is it absoulutly necessary?" He asked I could tell he didnt want to speak to me but tonight was not his night to get what he wanted.

"Very necessary" I said

He went to stand and one of the servers rushed over to pull his chair back so he could walk away from the table. I follow him out the dinnning area to his study down the hall. Once the door was closed where noone could hear our conversation he turned to me and leaned up against the corner of his desk.

"What would you like to talk about" He asked

I had to steady myself to try and keep calm from the anger that was building up inside of me. One thing that I did inherit from my father was his explosive temper. Two men with tempers like ours could be one hell of a firework show if the fuse was lighted.

"Can you tell me exactly why would you invite Cassandra and her parents here knowing that I brought Lisa with me" I asked in as calm a voice I could manage. He crossed is arms over his chest before answering.

"Correction I didn't know that you would bring your "girlfriend" here. You didn't call and let us know in advance so I had no idea" He replied cooly like he couldn't tell that he was really pissing me off.

"It doesn't matter if I told you before or not. You know how I feel about Cassandra!" I said raising my voice "I told you when I was in Newyork that Cassandra and I will never be a couple again"

"Don't raise your voice at me....I'm your father and I will be respected as such do you hear me?" His voice booming through the office.

"YES! I hear you but obviouly you dont hear me. I said Cassandra and I are finish. And just like you want respect as my father you need to respect me as a man and accept that you can't force me in a relationship with women I don't want to be with." He rolled his eyes and waved his hand like what I said didnt make any sense.

"What you want doesn't out weigh what you and Cassnadra's marrage will do for the two countries involved. All your life you have gotten what you wanted, best schools, best teachers, best clothes, best cars, all just because of who you are, now its time for you to give back to your country"

It was just on the tip of my tongue to say Damn this couintry, but even in my worst anger I could never say that about the country I have grown to love and have so much pride for. I just couldn't believe how selfish my father was being. Our country is not in any type of finacial debt or in any wars. Finacially we are the best in history. Theres no reason to bring another empire in the mix, he was just being greedy at my expence. I had nothing else to say to him because obviouly he had made up his mind of how he wanted things to go. we ended up in a staring match until there was a knock at the door.

"Come in" My father said without taking his eyes off me. And I didn't bother to take my eyes away from him to see who was at the door either. The door opened and closed lightly. I looked out my perifial vision and see my mother standing looking at the both of us in a stand off.

"What is going on here?" she asked in a harsh whisper "we have guest here ready to eat and you two are in here arguing.....I can hear you all through the door for christ sakes" Slience.

"Oh so no one hears me talking huh?" she asked in a heavy accent. she stomped over in between us and stood where the both our visions was broken from each other. My mother was definitely not the quiet type when it came to her family. Don't get me wrong she was nothing like Cassandra's mother both her and my father respected each other and she let him run the country and be the man. But behind closed doors she was the glue that held everything together.

"Now somebody better start talking now and tell me whats going on or so help me...." she warned, I decided to be the first one to break the silence and explain to my mother how i felt in the situation. There was no way my mother could be on my fathers side with this.

"Dad doesnt seem to understand that I don't want to be with Cassandra anymore. And him trying to push her off on me is really starting to piss me off" I said looking at her

"Watch your language boy" she said smiling at me. "you not too grown for me to put you over my knee." She whipt around with her hands on her hips to look at my father. "And exactly What was this stunt you called yourself pulling by inviting that child and her parents here this evening" she said glaring up at my father. My mother was short compared to me, Tiffany and my father. She was only five foot six but she has a lot of fire to make up for the rest.

"sweetheart you know well as I do that William needs...." ....."STOP" my mom said putting her hand in my father's face cutting him off

"I know nothing...I told you to stay out of our children's love affairs from the beginning. You just too darn stubborn to listen. nobody made me marry you, and nobody made you marry me. Now Lisa is a guest in our home and she will be treated as such, you had no right inviting that girl and her dreadful mother" my mom rolled her eyes in exaggeration "to our home with the intention of getting him and Cassandra together after finding out William had brought his girlfriend to meet us."

"Now" my mom said straighten her clothes and turning to look at the both of us "we all are going to go in here and try to get through this dinner as quick and pleasantly as possible....understood?"

"Yes mom" I replied

"Yes" my father replied with a stern expression on his face. They both had a stare off before she turned and opened the door to walk out.

"are you all coming?" she asked when we didn't move fast enough. We followed her back in the dinning room. After returning to the dinning room I saw that Tiffany had made it to the room and was not very happy about seeing Cassandra at the table as much as me. I took my seat next to Lisa and rubbed my hand on her thigh reassuringly.

"Well I see that everyone had made to the table so we can now eat" My father annouced The servers poured out the kitchen laying all types of dishes on the table for everyone to choose from. Once the table was cover ed in food and everyone plate was prepare my father said the grace and everyone dug in. After taking my first spoonful of my favorite chicken and dumpling I chestized myself for taking so long to come back home and enjoy this dilicious food.

"This Food here is amazing Mrs. Blake" Lisa said

"Why thank you dear I'll have to make sure the cheif knows how fund you are of his food" She replied back with a smile. I could see Cassandra roll her eyes at Lisa's statement. I just pray that this dinner could end very soon because knowing Cassandra its not going to take long for her to bust out with the drama.

"Yea mom its really good" Tiffany chimed in while stuffing her face

"Thanks baby" She replied

"Yes this is very good Mrs. Blake" Cassandra compliment a well "I know this has to have a million calories, and some of us here can't stand to gain another one" she said looking over at Lisa. No one at the table missed Cassandra's little remark, or the snicker her sister let out either.

I looked at Lisa and became furious when I saw a hurt look on her face that she tried to hide. This was just an all time low for even Cassandra to make a remark like this in front of everyone and Lisa havent done a damn thing to her. I know Lisa has a problem with her weight and people like Cassandra could really do a job on her selfesteem. No matter how much I tell her I love the way she looks people like Cassandra would always have the higher hand at making her not believe what I say.

"And exactly what does that comment mean Cassandra?" I asked. I was not about to let her get away with that comment in front of me. I want Lisa to know that I will love and protect her from anything and that includes rude ass remarks like Cassandra's.

"Exactly what I said" She stated looking me in my eyes "Some people can't afford to gain any more weight maybe like your girlfiend over there "

I heard Lisa take an intake of breath at the direct insult Cassandra hauled out at the table.

"You are such a bitch Cassandra" Tiffany yelled out

"maybe so but atleast Im not a fat one" she replied

"You need to leave NOW!" I shouted standing from my chair

She has went above and beyond anything I was willing to except from her at this point, and I really can't stand the sight of her. "GET OUT!"

"WHY THE HELL YOU TAKING UP FOR THIS FAT BITCH...HUH? WHAT SHE GOT THAT I DON'T WILLIAM. YOU SITTING UP HERE PARADING HER AROUND LIKE SHE SOME DAMN BODY AND YOU KNOW IM WAY BETTER FOR YOU THEN HER. HELL YOUR OWN FATHER KNOWS IT " she screamed with fake tears in her eyes. You would think by now she would know I can tell when she's trying to play on my sympathy.

"Cassandra just shut the hell up nobody is thinking about you" Tiffany said puttong pasta in her mouth. I knew Tiffany never liked Cassandra after she found out through mutal friends that Cassandra was cheating on me.

"Tiffany you and that bitch can kiss my ass I don't care if she's your friend or not. This has nothing to do with you this is between me and William" She said turning to Tiffany.

Before anyone knew what was going on Tiffany ran around the table and grabbed Cassandra's expensive weave and begin punching her in the face. Everyone immediatly jumped up from the table trying to get out of the way so they want be hit from the fighting. Cassandras mom was a mess screaming for them to break it while my mom just stood there without saying a word. Lisa stood there horrififed and in shock so I pushed out of the way behind me so she wouldn't be hit. After Tiffany got the best of Cassandra I went and pulled her away trying to break up the fight.

"Tiffany let her hair go" I yelled picking Tiffany up by her waist but saw that she still had a hand full of Cassandra's hair in her hand which caused her to be dragged when with us as I tried to pull Tiffany away "Tiffany let go!!!"

"NO! THIS BITCH JUST WENT TO FAR....LET ME GO IM NOT FINISH" she screamed

"Dad can I get some help please" I yelled to my father. He called some guards in to break up the chaos. Once everyone was in separate corners I looked at Cassandra from across the room with scars in her face from where Tiffany damn near scratched her eyeballs out and missing patches where hair use to be. Tiffany set down in a chair with a cup of water and her legs crossed like nothing happen.

"You are such a maniack!!!" Cassandra yelled across the room as a waiter dabbed blood from her face "You deserve to be in cage and not a palace"

"yea and since you cheated on William and can't keep your legs closed and be faithful you need to be in a whore house" she said back.

"WHAT?" both my mom and Cassandra's mother said at the same time. I never told my mom the bases of why me and Cassandra broke up. I just figured it was our business and no one elsees. I guess the cats out the bag now.

"OPPS! sorry didnt mean to tell your dirty secret" Tiffany said with a satisfied smirk drinking her water a maid just brought her.

"Cassandra tell me thats not true" her mother said looking disappointed. I knew Cassandra mother wasn't surprised, she know how Cassandra is. Everything about her family was for show. Her mother was the one that went along with Cassandra with everything she does.

"Oh please mother stop the dramatics" Cassandra said rolling her eyes and standing up "Let's go." Cassandra brushed the non existing dust off of her clothes and walked out the room with her mom and sister following. After walking Cassandra and her clan to the door my mom came back in the room looking at both of us. I knew by the look on her face that a conversation was soon to follow.

"So I'm assuming you knew about Cassandra's infidelity too huh?" my mom asked Tiffany

"yes mom" Tiffany said before looking over at me

Lisa was so quiet since everything broke out. She was sitting in one of the chairs at the table next to Tiffany. I tapped her on the shoulder and asked her to walk with me through the courtyard. It was so peaceful outside, the weather was just right not too cold and not too hot.

"I really hope your ok" I said grabbing her hand. I rubbed the back with my thumb, her skin was so soft. I knew how low Lisa's self-esteem was when it came to her weight, and I just wanted to assure her that her size doesn't matter to me.

"I'm fine" she said with no emotion on her face. I stopped walking which caused her to stop as well, and I set down on a white stone bench and pulled her down to sit next to me.she was so quiet and it kind of scared because I never seen her like this.

"talk to me tell me what's going on in that pretty head of your" I said trying to make her smile

"I'm fine William really" she said once again with no emotion.

"No your not Lisa" I sighed in frustration I couldn't make her talk if she didn't want to so I just told her how I felt. "I think your beautiful, and everything Cassandra said was out of anger and jealousy" she looked at me in disbelief. "I really wish you could see the person I see when I'm looking through my eyes" I said looking down. I just didn't know what it would take to get her to believe me. I felt her finger under my chin and lifted it up so we would be making eye contact.

"I love you " she said staring into my eyes. I almost wasn't sure I heard what she said so I had to ask and make sure I heard her right. "what did you say?"

"I said I love you" she repeated with tears in her eyes. I immediately grabbed her hands to try and comfort her. I hate to see her upset,but crying would just undo me right here. The first thing that came to my mind was to tell her how much I care about her to. "I love you as well Lisa, but please don't cry.

"I cant help it" she said tears falling down her plump cheeks. I immediately reached up and wiped them away. "I'm just so tired William. Why cant we just have a simple relationship like normal people. Why does it always have to be about why you want to be with me like I'm not good enough" she said continuing to sob. I guess my probing really unleashed all this pent up feelings she was trying to hold in. I felt so helpless, because I couldn't change her mindset or What people say. I gathered her in my arms and let her cry and get it all out.

"I can't make you change your mind Lisa, but you have to stop listening to people. What they say doesn't matter and damn sure not gone change how I feel about you." I said rubbing small circles in her back trying to convience her. "people are going to talk regardless....thats just how it is you know who I am.....but all you need to know is that I love you and thats all that matters. It can be us against the world just long as I have you by my side, but I need you to be strong for me ok you can't let them win."

She lifted her head off my chest and I looked at her tear stained cheeks. all I wanted to do was carry her to the room and and lay in bed with her at this moment "I promise I'll try and be strong" she said showing a little smile. I stood up bringing her with me. "thats my girl" I said smiling down at her and grabbing her hand to walk her to her room. 

----------------------------------------

~LISA~

I was just Totally drained from tonights dinner. I tried to hold myself together but it was just too much to handle. Nobody knows what it feels like to be in my shoe but me. I took off my clothes and ran a bath so I could soak and try to relax my mind. I poured some bubbly bath I found in the cabnet and slowly slid in th warm water.

Even though I wasn't the one acting a fool and fighting I couldn't help but feel like it was still my fault that all the chaos happened. I wasn't dumb enough not realize that Cassandra was bitter but I know that it she wasn't the only one that felt the way she does.

After finishing my bath, I heard a knock at my door. I rushed to put my bath robe on and answer the door and Tiffany was on the other side. I opened the door wider to let her in, and turned around to walkl back to the bed and finsh putting on my body lotion for bed.

"So how are you doing" she asked

"Im good" was ll I said not bothering to look up.

"Im sorry about what happened at dinner..I hope I didnt make you feel too uncomfortable" she said in almost a whisper

"Girl you fine" I said waving my hand at her ...."It actually felt good to see  Cassandra screem like a cat after the beating you gave her" I said looking up at her chuckleing 

"Yea" Tiffany looked off like she was daydreaming "It did feel good to finally whoop her ass"

We both looked at each other and bust out laughing. "So you want to go out looking for dresses tomorrow for the ball?" Tiffany asked after we sobered up from our laughing spree

"Sure I can't wait" 

-------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! I know I haven't updated in a while.  Im a reader as well and I know how it feels to be waiting so I decided to go ahead and upload a chapter for you all. I had planned on it being longer but I really wanted to get this out to you guys. Tell me what you think. excuse the errors as usual lol

COMMENT-VOTE-FAN :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.7K 2.6K 19
This story features a teenage girl called Ashley who is really insecure and doesn't feel that she fits in. She has the support of everyone around her...
153K 6.4K 30
Marie knows she is beautiful and she just thought men couldn't handle her. She was too much for them. Until her one night stand with Tanner Ayers. ...
19.9K 526 52
I'm Robin Lawless, and I work at an office job. Y'know, with the desks, the pencil skirts, and the smell of microwaved fish. What a lot of people don...
94.8K 4.1K 32
"Look at me" He caresses my chin "Look into my eyes and see the truth, don't shy away from me, face my feelings and accept them. You already know." H...