We're Just Lost Souls | TWILI...

By bubblyjess123

She was a rebel, the one your parents didn't want you to hang around. Her sister was the same, the one that g... More

We're Just Lost Souls
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Eleven

3.8K 147 2
By bubblyjess123

Hillary's POV

First class of the day and I was already wanting to leave, but isn't that every day?

I sighed deeply, sketching what looked to be a wolf on my page. I wasn't the best of drawers but you could definitely tell what it was, I was quite proud of myself if I'm honest.

"Bored?" I heard Edward ask from next to me.

I gave the boy a look, "always." I told him as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, which it was.

Edward chuckled quietly, "yes, it seems you are never entertained for long."

I nodded, looking back down to my drawing and letting out a snort, "if at all." I said, the teacher yelling at me for being too loud which I only rolled my eyes at.

Edward gazed down at my, now, finished drawing, "do you like wolves?" He raised his eyebrow in question.

I shrugged, "yeah, I guess. They're cool." I shrugged again, not knowing what to say.

"Yes, I guess they are. . . Cool." The boy frowned as if he didn't really believe himself but I ignored it. Where would this conversation go anyway?

•••

That night someone from school was throwing a party for . . . Whatever reason. I didn't know and I didn't really want to know, I just wanted to let loose after all this Cullen and school crap.

Martha and I left the house without a goodbye or an explanation and set off to the address I was texted about.

Once we arrived it was clear the entire school had shown up to the party. People on the front lawn of the house, the front door open even if it was freezing outside, although I didn't really think they cared too much about that.

Martha gave me a small smile before heading into the house, pushing through the crowd of drunk, dancing teens. While I simply huffed and followed her inside but obviously not to find her, she would be gone for the rest of the night.

I grabbed a drink from the fridge in the kitchen. I made my way out to the backyard, standing on the deck and looking up at the clear night sky, stars floating overhead. People were out here as well but I paid them no mind.

Twisting the top of the bottle I took a mouthful, then another, and another until it was finished in about two minutes flat. I looked around, seeing a mostly full bottle in the hand of an already 'drunk off her tits' girl and stole it. She was too wasted to notice anyway, trying to drink her own hand as she sat on some guy's lap. I rolled my eyes at the sight, a smirk playing on my lips.

I turned away as I shook my head with amusement. I took a drink once again, not even feeling the effects just yet but I knew I would get there.

"Hello." A cheerful voice woke me from my thoughts and made me jump slightly from surprise. I turned around quickly to see none other than Alice Cullen standing there in all her glory. Her smile was big and bright, her eyes sparkling like the stars above. And she was looking straight at me.

I frowned, looking around myself, "hi?" I more asked, not knowing why she, let alone anyone, was speaking to me with such an enthusiastic expression.

Her smile only seemed to get brighter, if possible, "I know we got off to a bad start and so I wanted to start again." She spoke softly, holding out her hand, "I'm Alice Cullen, and you are?"

The smallest of smiles made its way onto my face as I realized how hard she was trying so I took the invitation and shook her surprisingly cold hand, "Hillary Swan. Nice to meet you, Alice in Wonderland." I joked, receiving a giggle from the said girl.

"And you as well, Hillary."

There was a moment of silence as we just stared at each other. This was probably the first time I actually looked at the girl and really take her in.

She was obviously beautiful, her entire family was, but there was something about her that made her different from her siblings, I just didn't know what. Maybe it was the fact she was the happiest and most cheerful one, which made her stand out more.

Suddenly I came back to reality, why was I making friends with the Cullen girl?

I turned away, taking yet another drink from my bottle. Alice didn't seem to like this as I saw her smile drop from the corner of my eye, but why should I care?

"Your siblings are probably waiting for you," I told her bitterly, acting as if I was bipolar.

Alice sighed with defeat, "I didn't come with anyone." She looked to the ground while playing with the end of her sleeve. She seemed vulnerable then, small and needing to be dependent on someone. I raised my eyebrow at her behavior.

"Why not? You should be with someone." I told her with a demanding tone that I didn't mean. Why would her family let her come to a party on her own anyway?

The girl looked up, "I'm with you." She spoke with a shrug.

I huffed and shook my head, "look, Alice, I'm not a nice girl. You shouldn't really be around someone like me." I explained even if I didn't want to push the small girl away.

"I don't really see why you're the bad guy." She frowned.

I snorted, "yeah, you'd be the first." I said truthfully. Everyone I had come across looked at me like I was scum, less of a person compared to them, and although it was true it still hurt.

"I wouldn't say that. Angela Weber seems to enjoy your company." So now she was prying into my life? Great. "Why do you let her in and no one else?"

"Because everyone else hates me!" I raised my voice, catching her off guard, "because I'm a pathetic excuse of a human! And even if I wanted to let people in they wouldn't let me." I fumed, my eyes wide with annoyance and anger. I sighed when I saw her expression, "I'm just guessing you're the same as the rest."

Alice stepped forward with a sudden look of determination, "well you guessed wrong, Hillary, I am nothing like them." I saw the tears in her eyes and was confused, why was she so upset about this? "You're not pathetic. I think you're one of the strongest people I know, the same goes for your sister. . . I just wanted you to know that."

And with that she was gone, leaving me to think over what she had said. Although I had no idea what to think.

Martha's POV

I always believed my dreams meant something. A sign, or a piece of the near future. I never told anyone this as I knew they wouldn't understand, but I loved to dream and try and figure out what they meant.

I fell asleep that night peacefully, my mind free of anything.

My dream that night was a weird one. I stood on the beach at night, the full moon watching over me and lighting the black water in front of me. The wind blew my hair from my face as I gazed out to the ocean.

I was calm until I heard the howls of wolves coming from a distance behind me. I wasn't scared, just surprised. I wasn't in danger, I knew I was protected. From what? I didn't know.

Was this a sign? A sign I should visit the beach? A sign of werewolves on the Rez? Wow, now that's a stupid thought, but it was a thought nonetheless and I liked to listen to my thoughts.

Before I could blink I was atop a cliff, the wind harsher than before. A blurry figure with chalk-white skin and dark hair dashed past me. I was frightened now.

I was stuck, my body locked into place with fear. My eyes only moved, left to right, looking for the creature.

Suddenly everything stopped the wind and any sort of sound. All I could see was blood-red eyes before I literally jumped out of my dream with a loud gasp for air. I clawed at my chest, trying to find the oxygen I was needing so desperately. I was panicking and I didn't know what to do.

"Martha? Martha, calm down." I barely heard my sister's voice over my screaming. When did I start screaming?

I felt a pair of arms envelop me tightly, stopping me from trying to scratch at my throat. As I slowly returned to reality my breathing steadied, but my heart was still beating a mile a minute.

"It's alright, you're safe," Hillary whispered, dragging her fingers through my hair which always seemed to soothe me.

I've had nightmares before but they're always terrifying, no matter how many times you get them. I used to get night terrors, which are worse than nightmares but there's a nice fact that you mostly can't remember the dream once you wake up, but these dreams have gone down, slightly, if at all. These night terrors often made me violent towards myself and the people around me when in the dream. I would scratch at myself and scream until I couldn't anymore. I would show up to school with cuts and bruises all over my face and neck, my voice gone. It got so bad I started accidentally hitting my sister who sometimes would sleep next to me. I would wake up to find her in the corner of my room cradling her arm which I had broken or trying to bandage a scratch. She would tell me it was ok and that she wasn't mad, but she should have been.

I sobbed into Hillary's shoulder, "I'm sorry." I cried quietly.

I was surprised when I didn't hear dad or his whore yell at us to shut up, but I was guessing they had just grown used to it and now sleep through it like nothing was happening. They didn't care and we didn't care that they didn't, it was normal.

My sister shushed me, "it's ok, Marcy. It's fine." She spoke softly as if I was a fragile little thing, which I felt like I was.

I shook my head, "no it's not, what if I hurt you again?" I questioned with another cry of despair, an emotion I seemed to always be feeling.

She was silent for a moment and I wondered if she heard me at all, but then she spoke, "then I would take that pain with the little strength I have left. Always, if it meant keeping you safe from anything and everything, even from yourself."

I breathe out slowly, taking in her words.

I had the most protective and loving sister ever.

•••

I laughed as Angie told me about how Jessica Stanley tried to flirt with Edward Cullen in one of her classes. As you could tell it didn't end too well, leaving her moping at her table at lunch, staring at the boy she longed after.

Ange couldn't get over how funny her expression was when the bronze haired boy shot her down so bluntly, not something any other boy in the school would do.

Hillary simply looked at us with a small smile as she normally would, almost like she was gazing lovingly at her two children but whatever, I got used to it.

"Did you guys want to come over for dinner again?" Ange asked suddenly with a grin, "my parents would love to have you over. And my two brothers really liked you guys, they thought you were cool." She giggled.

I gave Hillary a look with raised eyebrows, "cool, really?" I questioned sarcastically.

Ange rolled her eyes but nodded anyway, "yeah. Come on, they're making nachos."

I gasped loudly, looking back to my sister, "you know how much I love nachos, Hills, please!" I begged.

"Please!" Ange also said. Both of us holding our hands up in a prayer of hope, waiting for Hillary to say yes.

The older girl sighed at our dramatic behaviour, "fine, whatever." She smiled, "Angie, we would love to come over for dinner." She said more formally which made both of us cheer and wrap our arms around each other.

"Yay!" We laughed hysterically, ignoring the glares and stares of students around us.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

671K 19.1K 80
*Twilight series fanfiction* *Set after Breaking Dawn It has been a few months since the last encounter between the Cullens and the Volturi. Life has...
201K 4.5K 36
A new coven shows up in Forks. Luciana Rossi and her very large family/coven show up Bella's senior year ready for a new start. They slowly learn how...
27.8K 489 38
Caroline Blake moved in with Charlie after her parents kicked her out. On the first day of school she meets a family that treats her with respect and...