The boy who was given up

By Wasabi0_0Slytherin

Harry Potter, a young wizard thrust into a world of death, evil and lies. In order to navigate through the fo... More

Chapter One: The Night Of Terror
Chapter two: The incident
Chapter three: Diagon Alley
Chapter four: Welcome to the gang
Chapter five: Sorting
Chapter six: Class and confrontations
Chapter seven: The boggart and flying
Chapter eight: Weekends, God fathers and the strange man...
Chapter nine: New information, who is this dude?
Chapter ten: A disastrous end to year one...
Chapter eleven: Coming home and starting again
Chapter twelve: God fathers
Chapter thirteen: Parties and sleep overs
Chapter fourteen: The zoo
Chapter fifteen: Back to school
Chapter sixteen: First day detentions!?
Chapter seventeen: The voice
Chapter eighteen: McGonagall and Dueling classes.
Chapter nineteen: The diary...
Chapter twenty: Answers and secrets
Chapter Twenty-one: Stopping the basilisk and rage...
Chapter twenty- two: Inheritance...
Chapter twenty-three: Gringotts...
Chapter Twenty-Four: Training
Chapter twenty-five: Mastering and the holidays
Chapter twenty-six: Year three and secondary responses
Chapter Twenty-Seven: The inheritance...
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Memories
Chapter Thirty: Questions and TEA...
Chapter Thirty-One: The first date
Chapter Thirty-Two: Hostage
Chapter Thirty-Three: The new era
Chapter Thirty-Four: Christmas Special
Chapter Thirty Five: The Quidditch World Cup
Chapter Thirty Six: The Triwizard tournament announcement
Chapter Thirty Seven: The silent war
Chapter Thirty-Eight: DADA? I think not
Chapter Thirty-Nine: The Sleep Over Part One
Chapter Forty: The Sleepover Part Two
Chapter Forty-One: The Tri-Wizard Tournament Troops Part One
Chapter Forty-Two: The Tri-Wizard Tournament Troops Part Two
Chapter Forty-Three: Feeling light-headed?
Chapter Forty-Four: The Shadowland
Chapter Forty-Five: And the Champion is...
Chapter Forty-Six: Too Much
Chapter Forty-Seven: Getting out of it?
Chapter Forty-Eight: Helping Harry
Chapter Forty-Nine: The First Task
Chapter Fifty: The Clue
Chapter Fifty-One: The Garden
Chapter Fifty-Two: The Second Task
Chapter Fifty-Three: The Annoying Beetle
Chapter Fifty-Four: Ballroom dancing
Chapter Fifty-Five: Is that a promise?
Chapter Fifty-Six: The Final Task Part One
Chapter Fifty-Seven: The Final Task Part Two
Chapter Fifty-Eight: The Final Task Part Three
Chapter Fifty-Nine: The Infirmary
Chapter Sixty: The Beginning Of Forever
Chapter Sixty-One: Here is to Forever
Chapter Sixty-Two: Not Even Death Could Part Us, My Love.

Chapter Twenty-Eight: The scolding and the "incident"

8.5K 313 130
By Wasabi0_0Slytherin

Once Draco had willed his wings back into his body, with the help of Harry, they both ran down to the Great Hall, eager for the day's events to go through. However, in their haste, they startled half of the Slytherin dorm awake, as it was Saturday and everyone was trying to sleep in, not that they cared. 

Once in the Great Hall they ran to their respective table with huge smiles on their faces, they could barely keep still with all the excitement. 

Everyone was a little confused with how carefree the boys looked as they were always a secretive pair and really ever took off their masks. Regardless of the surprise, everyone was happy to see them so happy. 

After a few minutes after they entered, so did the entire friend group. Who ALL stopped mouths gaping at the big smiles on their faces. 

"Ummm guys?" Pansy asked.

"Yeah Pansy?" Harry asked happily.

"Why are you so...Happy?" She asked suspiciously.

"Because Pansy dearest, we have some special guest coming today." Harry said happily.

"On that note." Draco said as he pointed to the door, and there was Dudley, completley in awe of the place.

Harry beamed and ran over to him and gave him a massive bear hug. 

"Dud! It's so good to see you!" Harry exclaimed.

"You too Har, I've missed you. And would you look at this place, no wonder you love it here!" Dudley yelled happily.

"Yeah, it's pretty cool ay!" Harry replied looking around. "Hey is Mom and Narcissa here?"

"Nah they were getting sick of me asking when we were coming so they sent me early, they will be here in half an hour," Dudley replied casually.

"Okay cool, oh Dud come meet my other friends," Harry exclaimed and pulled Dudley off to the Slytherin table.

"Dudley, you already know Dray." Harry said gesturing towards Draco who waved casually, "Good to see you again mate."

Dudley nodded back smiling, "And this is Theo, Blaise, and Pansy." Harry said pointing to all of them.

"Nice to meet you." They all said smiling,

"So um, who are you?" Pansy asked politely.

"Oh right sorry guys, this is Dudley my brother." Harry beamed.

"Ohhhh so that is why you are in such a good mood this morning," Pansy said laughing.

"Yep!" Harry stated casually as everyone began talking as normal.

----------------------------------------

After breakfast, Harry and Draco were in the middle of a grand tour when Snape rounded the corner. 

"Ah there you are boys, your mothers are in the hall waiting for you." Snape said.

"Thanks Sev," Harry replied and started to walk away.

"Wait Har, I had to sit through the last headmaster crying thing can I just keep exploring here?" Dudley pleaded. 

Harry chuckled and nodded, "Sure thing Dud,"

"But if anyone gives you grief you come straight to me." He added with a serious tone.

"Of course Har," Dudley said smiling before walking off happily.

-----------------------------------------------

Once Harry and Draco walked to the hall as soon as they got to the entrance they saw them talking to Petunia and James at the head table, as there were only a few people still in there eating the ran and jumped in their mothers' arms.

Thye all burst into fits of laughter and greeted each other happily.

"Wait wheres Dud?" Petunia asked Harry climbed away from her tight embrace. 

"He's exploring," Harry said happily and she nodded in reply.

"Cool now let's go see the headmaster cry!" Draco exclaimed and Narcissa gave him a weird look.

"Huh?" She asked looking around at Petunia looking down and the two boys cackling.

"Mom made one of my old principals cry because he was mean to me." Harry stated simply, "Now let's go." Harry exclaimed as he ran and left a stunned Narcissa and a chuckling Petunia behind.

Narcissa shot Petunia a 'you had better tell me' look as they were walking and Petunia sighed.

"When Harry wasn't playing with Dudley at recess he liked to play dress-up with the girls and one day he told Harry that he couldn't do that because he wouldn't let a 'faggot' kid be in his school." A firm line placed on both women's faces as Petunia continued, "So I went and paid him a visit, let's just say he wouldn't consider calling anyone that for as long as he lived." Petunia's eyes went a slightly darker shade as she said this. 

"Wow, that ass, I trust you dealt with him." Narcissa stated darkly.

"Oh don't you worry, I sure did," Petunia said with an evil smirk.

Once the two women reached the headmaster's office they saw Harry and Draco sitting on the steps whispering quietly to each other.

The looked to each other before smiling softly and Narcissa said, "You take Harry I take Draco, meet back in 5." 

"Deal," Petunia whispered back before clearing her throat.

Both boys looked up with a start and slightly gulped at the mischievous looks on their faces.

"Draco dear why don't you come with me for a moment," Narcissa said sweetly.

Draco once again gulped and got up, Harry, however, followed him closely.

"Not you Harry, I want to talk to you." Petunia smirked and Harry exhaled sadly and followed her.

----------------------------

"Now Draco," Narcissa asked, "I want details." 

"There's not much to say I feel practically normal," Draco replied casually.

 "Normal as in...." Narcissa pressed.

"I don't know what you want me to say mom." Draco said.

"Well, Harry for starters, I see the way you look at him." Narcissa smiled.

"I don't know if he is my mate or not, I mean I feel the same, a slight pull that's all." Draco said, purposely skipping out he part where they confessed they liked each other. 

"Hmmm," Narcissa contemplated, "Well I suppose that makes sense because his inheritance is a tricky one, and that's the master of death alone, maybe it will all happen after this inheritance." She thought out loud.

"Yeah, maybe." Draco smiled slightly.

------------------------

As they all reconvened Narcissa and Petunia instantly went to share information.

"What did you find out?" Petunia asked.

"Draco feels the same pull as normal but I think it's because Harry's inheritance is good at hiding so I think it will happen when he gets his inheritance and his guard is down the most, they will know then," Narcissa replied.

"Pretty much the same thoughts here, the bet still on?" Petunia asked.

"Heck yeah!" Narcissa replied.

"If you are quite done." Harry smirked as he broke up the conversation. 

"Yep uh let's go." Petunia said awkwardly and they all started climbing up the stairs. 

--------------------------------------

"Ahhh, Petunia, Narcissa, boys, what do I owe this pleasure to?" Dumbledore asked sweetly. 

Everything about Petunia turned dark, her eyes which were previously a dark chocolate brown now seemed black. The very air that she breathed seemed ice, and she seemed to loom over the room. She radiated power.

Dumbledore, on the other hand, seemed to sink, he slid into his chair like a frightened, cornered antelope, with a hungry snarling lion staring at him. 

He knew what was coming.

------------Meanwhile---------------

"Woah," Dudley exclaimed gaping at a painting, which was dancing and singing beautiful melodies.

However, the bliss didn't last for long as out of the tunes came a booming voice of an unknown male.

"Oi what do you think you are doing their filth, staring at a painting are we?" He taunted.

Dudley turned to see who it was and however didn't know them.

"Sorry what? This must be a mistake, I'm Dudley, I don't go here." Dudley said smiling with an outstretched hand. 

The mysterious boy looked down at his hand in disgust and spat back at him, "Don't go here ew, where do you go then." 

"I am not a wizard, I am a muggle, I am visiting my brother." Dudley said still smiling but slowly taking back his outstretched hand. 

"Your a muggle." The boy said harshly.

"Yeah, what's wrong with that?" Dudley asked confused.

"Muggles are less than dirt, worse than squibbs and I hate them with a burning passion." The boy said shoving Dudley slightly. 

"Woah, I don't even know you chill out." Dudley said slightly panicked, trying to walk away.

The boy blocked him from leaving and said, "I'm Goyle, and I hope you know I can't let you leave now." 

"Why can't you, I mean i'm not doing anything wrong here." Dudley protested.

"That's the thing, your the problem here and you need to be taught a lesson that you're not welcome here."

"I'm only here for a little bit just leave me alone and I will go I swear." Dudley rushed out, he is a lover not a fighter. 

"Not a chance little boy." Goyle said.

Goyle then shoved Dudley hard into the wall and Dudley grunted at the effort to stay standing. Black dot swirled around his eyes.

"You should have seen this coming, dumbass, i'm a Slytherin." Goyle said proudly.

"So what, not every Slytherin is an asshole, my brother's awesome and doesn't go around hurting people for pleasure." Dudley hissed out in pain.

"Wait...Your brother is a Slytherin...Who?" Goyle asked slightly nervously.

"Harry, what does it matter to you." Dudley hissed once again, fighting consciousness.

"Harry Potter!" Goyle gasped out.

"Yeah..." Dudley said slowly.

"Shit, shit shit," Goyle ran his hands through his hair in agitation until he seemed to make up his mind.

"Tell anyone about this and you're dead, I mean it I will come after you. Especially not Harry." Goyle said before running away.

Dudley watched as Goyle bounded around the corner. 

He then slumped against the wall and let the darkness take over his vision fully.

------------------------------------------------

Dudley woke up on something soft, which was unusual as he remembered falling unconscious against the wall, if he remembered correctly.

"What?" Dudley mumbled.

"Shhh, don't get up I have a potion coming hold on." The familiar voice of Snape broke in. 

"Snape what?" Dudley started only to be stopped by a cup being thrust-ed into his hands. 

"Drink up, you won't be in pain after, then we talk." Snape said and Dudley followed.

"Thanks," Dudley muttered sitting up feeling better. 

"What happened." Dudley looked confused before going pale and saying "I can't say." 

"Why not!" Snape demanded.

"He said he would come back if I did." Dudley muttered.

"Who." Snape demanded again.

Dudley looked around awkwardly clearly not going to talk.

"Look, I can deal with them and they will never hurt you again, plus if Harry sees those bruises they will get a lot worse than what they gave." Snape said comfortingly.

"Do people fear Harry?" Dudley asked randomly.

"Huh? No, well kind of, not for anything bad though, why?" Snape asked.

"As soon as they found out Harry was my brother he looked nervous and then threatened me before running, why do they fear him?" Dudley asked.

"Well he is very protective of the people he loves, Theodore Nott cheated at a duel between him and Evan and broke Evan's arm and then Harry dueled him and beat him fair and square and trust me he looked pretty scary then, and he forced him to apologise and all. But I guess the main reason is that not many people know the real him, only really Draco does, all they know is his mask, the one he puts on so no one sees him for who he is." Snape replied. 

"That's not why he uses a mask and doesn't let people in." Dudley stated.

"Why does he then." Snape asked.

"I don't think he would want me to say." Dudley replied looking lost in thought.

"Please I only want what is best for Harry, if it is about why Draco makes me give him scar ointment then I want to know what happened." Snape asked.

"Fine," Dudley sighed. "My biological father always hated him, even before we knew he had magic, when we found out he had magic mum was ecstatic, he wasn't. He hated him even more after that and decided to take matters into his own hands, so one day he did. He attacked him and slashed words into his skin. He looked already dead that day. So pale." Dudley faded off sadly.

"Is that why you want to be a doctor?" Snape asked.

"Yeah, I wanted so badly to help, but I was just ushered away. I never want to feel that helpless again." Dudley replied.

Silence followed after that as they both digested everything.

"What was the boy's name?" Snape asked softly.

Dudley simply looked up at him defeated as Snape continued,

"You and Harry have had to deal with so much in your lives, let me deal with this." 

Dudley nodded slowly and replied, "He said his name was Goyle, in Slytherin." 

Snape nodded and handed a bottle to Dudley, "This is for the bruising, I don't think it will go down fully so you will have to tell Harry but tell him I will handle it, and Dudley, thank you for telling me, I will do everything I can to help Harry, now and forever." 

Dudley smiled and nodded at Snape, applying some balm before leaving in search of Harry.

------------- Mean while ------------------

"What the hell do you mean it must be miscommunication!" Petunia yelled at Dumbledore.

"Please calm down, maybe Harry mis heard me?" Dumbledore said. 

"Please, don't give me you pathetic excuses, I am his MOTHER and it will take more than a few pathetic words to change the fact that I will always believe him!" Petunia yelled back.

"Calm down-" Dumbledore started.

"Don't tell ME to calm down! I will speak if I want to! And I came here to tell you that if you mess with Harry or ANYONE that he loves I will come for you personally and trust me it will hurt like A B*TCH!" She screamed and Harry and Draco had to hold back laughs at the headmasters face. 

He looked like a scared puppy who had just destroyed the furniture and the owner has come home.

"Now if you EVER have a problem again, you come to ME and Not threaten MY child!" Petunia threatened. "Or trust me, Cruccio will feel like a tickle when I am finished with you." 

Petunia sneered before leaving the room with everyone trailing behind, leaving a petrified Headmaster behind them. 

Once they were all down the stairs once again Petunias's personality changed and she said, "Well now that that is done what's next?" She asked with a smile.

Draco looked shocked at the sudden change but smiled none the less and Harry who was more used to it just replied casually, "Well I am going to go find Dudley but I will meet you guys at the gate and then we can get ice cream?" 

Petunia laughed and nodded, "Sure see you soon." 

Harry took off down the hall to where he had left Dudley and to Harry's surprise Dudley was sitting there waiting.

"Hey Dud wha- Dudley what is that on your face?" Harry insisted.

"Ummm would you believe me if I said that I tripped?" Dudley questioned.

But judging on Harry's look Dudley sighed and said, "A boy, Goyle, pushed me but Snap gave me ointment and said that he will deal with him." Dudley rushed out. 

"He. Hurt. You?" Harry demanded.

Dudley looked down.

"Are you okay?" Harry asked suddenly hugging him.

Dudley hugged him back and smiled, "Yeah I am, but do you think you could glamour it for this afternoon, Snape said with the ointment it should be gone tomorrow." 

Harry smiled and swished his hand and the black was gone. 

"We are going to get ice cream now but I will deal with Goyle later." Harry said.

"You won't hurt him would you?" Dudley asked.

"Nah I am thinking more pranking to insanity." Harry said casually.

"That's why I love you." Dudley chuckled before they both walked to the gate, ready for ice cream.

A/N Hey guys sorry this took so long it is so long,  2654 words! Any way hope you enjoy and as always feel free to comment and I hope you like the story!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

431K 11.7K 35
Harry finds out a secret about his past. Betrayed and hurt, Harry turns to the only person who can help him in his quest for revenge. Takes place dur...
245K 5.6K 30
BOOK ONE. Olivia Potter didn't know the Wizarding world existed until her fourth year. She didn't know that she had a twin brother. She was left alon...
616 19 10
Aiden Black lost his Aunt and his Father in one year's time. All the family he truly has left is Harry Potter, his best friend. His family will forev...
591K 6.9K 68
Draco Malfoy love story. Friendship, smut, love, hate, trauma, broken hearts. MATURE CONTENT! 15+ ~ "You make me feel like I'm stuck, Emelia! Like I'...