The Artist and the Jedi - Sab...

By DarkVoid608

A series of oneshots and short stories following Sabine and Ezra, guaranteed to contain many sabezra moments... More

Introduction
Nightmares (Ezra)
Nightmares (Sabine)
A Date?
"Star Destroyers"
First Drink
Winter Fete
Injured
Injured (Part Two)
Crimson Dawn
A Smuggler's Life
Holocron
Dye
Drunk
Pranks
Light-years Apart
Flight Lessons
A Walk in the Woods
Sparring
This Crazy Love (Part One)
This Crazy Love (Part Two)
This Crazy Love (Part Three)
This Crazy Love (Part Four)
This Crazy Love (Finale)
Stargazing
The Argument
Family
A Rebel Wedding (Part One)
A Rebel Wedding (Part Two)
A Rebel Wedding (Part Three)
A Rebel Wedding (Part Four)
A Rebel Wedding (Part Five)
A Rebel Wedding (Part Six)
A Rebel Wedding (Part Seven)
A Rebel Wedding (Part Eight)
A Rebel Wedding (Part Nine)
Lothalian Whispers
Jealousy (Part One)
Jealousy (Part Two)
Homecoming

A Rebel Wedding (Part Ten)

1.8K 26 65
By DarkVoid608

Set after Return of the Jedi:

Summary – With all preparations made, the day finally comes for the wedding of Ezra Bridger and Sabine Wren. (BF/GF)

A cool breeze blew through the Lothalian fields, and the sun shone high in the sky. Midday was fast approaching, and alongside it, the beginning of the wedding. It had been a fortnight since Ezra and Sabine had begun sending out invites, and absolutely everyone had turned up. Even now, the seats were filling up, but still Ezra kept to his promise, leaving two empty chairs in the front row. Sabine was aboard the Ghost along with her maid of honour, Hera, getting herself ready. In the meantime, Ezra was patrolling every aspect of the area, searching for anything out of place and promptly fixing it. He wanted this day to be perfect. At the side of the main aisle stood an enormous dining table, with dozens of chairs to boot. It seemed like a miracle, but somehow Zeb had managed to fit all of the food supplies that he'd bought atop the table. There were blumfruit muffins, and choclime twists. Tibanna splits and Ziziibbon truffles from the great Gab'borah Hise. But the crown jewel of this vast array of delectable treats was the wedding cake. A gigantic tower of sponge and filling, it stood on four tiers, each adorned with multi-coloured icing to account for the Mandalorian's passion for art. And on top of the uppermost level stood two small figures; the artist and the Jedi. Zeb stood on guard around the food table, ensuring nobody came to steal a bite before the feast. Although he found it increasingly difficult to do so when the smells of the Neuvian sundae kept wafting into his nose. He remained strong for Ezra, knowing that he'd be able to tuck in after a couple more hours. Kanan, meanwhile, stood in the passenger bay of the Phantom, getting dressed in his own tuxedo with the help of Ezra.
"Are you excited? This is your wedding day after all, hopefully a once in a lifetime experience" Kanan questioned as the two of them fumbled around with a bow tie.
"Yeah...but stressed is probably more accurate. I've been running around all morning putting out fires to try to make this day perfect for Sabine. I just hope she likes it all..." Ezra remarked in response; the exhaustion clear in his voice. 'Putting out fires' was not metaphorical, either, as earlier on in the day, one of the generators for the fairy lights had somehow blown up in the heat of the sun. Stressed was very much an understatement.
"Is she still marrying you?" Kanan asked enigmatically, causing Ezra to frown in confusion.
"Well...yes" the apprentice answered, not entirely sure where his master was going with this.
"Then I promise you this will be the best day of her life too. You sound exhausted, Ezra, but as long as you are there...Sabine will love it. You don't need to work yourself so hard" Kanan stated, placing a supportive hand on the boy's shoulder. Ezra gave a small chuckle.
"Isn't that a man's job on his wedding day? To be stressed?" he asked, causing Kanan to smile. He had been no different himself, after all.
"Yes...just do not stress yourself out too much. There's no need" the Jedi replied, walking out into the open sun with a perfect tuxedo. Ezra stood silently for a moment, alone with his thoughts. Of course, there's a need, this wedding will be perfect whether it wants to be or not, he vowed, before following in Kanan's footsteps, fully ready to confront whatever problem appeared next.

The apprentice walked outside, covering his eyes a little as the sun beamed down onto him. He glanced around at the clearing and allowed himself a little impressed nod. Ships were showing up from across space to come and watch, friends and allies from one corner of the galaxy to the other. Ezra couldn't remember the last time so many of his friends were in one place together, after today, it probably wouldn't happen again for a long time. But as he stared at the view around him, his attention was suddenly taken by a familiar voice behind him. Here comes trouble.
"Ezra, my boy! So good to see you! Alive and in one piece!" Hondo shouted, holding a small crate of credits under his arm for...some reason.
"You too, glad you could make it, Hondo" Ezra answered politely with a nod of his head.
"Ahaha...so courteous. I once knew a Jedi just like you...ah a story for another time. I have a gift for you, my friend!" the pirate replied, and instantly Ezra gave a suspicious look. He glanced down at the box of credits in Hondo's arm and shook his head.
"Thanks...but you don't need to pay us. We're just glad to have you here" the Jedi remarked, and for a moment Hondo looked confused. He followed Ezra's gaze and began laughing heartily.
"Oh I'm not giving you these! No no no, these are mine. I have something much better for you, want to hear the story?" he asked, still chuckling a little.
"Sure...why not?" Ezra answered with a sigh, preparing himself for another long and dubious tale.
"On one of my most recent hm...adventures, a very special prize fell into my possession. You see, my crew and I were tangling with the nefarious Red Key Raiders, very dangerous pirates. I engaged their leader in a duel of epic proportions...won of course. And then my crew and I searched their cargo bay and found this" Hondo began to explain, reaching into his pocket and retrieving a posh-looking piece of paper. Ezra took hold of it and gave a confused expression.
"What is it? I've never seen something like this" he questioned curiously.
"Ah, you wouldn't have, living on that hunk of junk you call a ship. I joke, I joke! These are the deeds to an estate on the outskirts of your Capital City here on Lothal. Whoever holds these documents has ownership of the Whitescar Estate...big house, my friend" the pirate elaborated. It took a few seconds for Ezra to put two and two together, but when he did, he turned to Hondo with a shocked expression.
"Wait a second...you're giving us a house?!" he asked almost a little too loudly.
"No, my friend, a mansion. Six or seven bedrooms, something like that. And it has acres of land. Well what do I need a house for? I don't want to settle down...and truth be told, I could not try selling it without getting the attention of the Red Key Raiders. So...there, you have it! From one hero to another..." Hondo explained, a smile on his face. Ezra stuttered for a moment, not quite knowing what to make of all of this. Hondo was the last person he'd expected a wedding gift from, and here he was giving him a house, free of charge!
"I-I can't accept this...it's too much...really" Ezra remarked. Every fibre of his being wanted to accept it, but his conscience stayed his hand.
"Nonsense! A rich crew is a loyal crew, that's what I always say! Not that you are a member of my crew but...you know what I mean. I should find my seat...and find Melch before he tucks into your banquet over there. Talk to you later, my friend!" the pirate answered, strolling away casually before Ezra could protest any further. The Jedi stood still for a moment in a state of shock as he started realising what this meant. Sabine had said she'd wanted a house where she could practice her art freely and settle down, but that was just a dream. Only...it wasn't, not anymore. With a smile, Ezra tucked the paper into his pocket, he could hardly wait to tell her. But before he could do anything else, a voice suddenly called out, silencing the chaos of the reception.
"Okay everyone! Find your positions! It's starting!" Kanan shouted, and Ezra took a breath. This was it, the moment he'd been waiting for. Finally, the wedding had arrived.

Ezra stood still, a hundred people watching him. Zeb stood a little further behind, his best man, while Kanan stood at the lectern, holding a small book in his hands. As he waited patiently for his bride, Ezra looked out on the crowds, marking some of the familiar faces. Of course, Hondo sat near the back alongside Melch and several weequay who he did not recognise. Perhaps they were members of this crew of his? Rex and Wolffe sat nearby, Ahsoka beside them. The veterans of the Clone Wars. The Iron Squadron also sat near the back, all of them grinning happily. And leant on a column behind the seats on her own stood Ketsu, smiling knowingly. Vizago sat near Hondo, an almost proud look on his face. Some friends from Lothal were also present; Ryder Azadi, Jai Kell and Marida Sumar most notably. And finally, of course, there was a whole host of Mandalorians, including Sabine's blood family and Fenn Rau. So many familiar faces, all gathered here for one reason. It was an incredible thought.
"You ready kid?" Zeb whispered from behind him, ever the supportive brother. Ezra thought for a moment, before nodding his head with certainty.
"Yeah...I am..." he said with a big smile. There wasn't a hint of uncertainty in his voice. Suddenly, the musicians began to play, and everyone looked behind in anticipation. Ezra gasped, not caring if anyone heard him. Sabine came strolling down the boarding ramp of the Ghost, with Alrich holding her arm. She wore an awkward smile as her dress flowed in the wind, and in her free hand she held a small bouquet of flowers. And she was beautiful. Nothing more needed to be said, no amount of words could describe it. She glowed with a happiness that no evil could quash. She walked down the aisle, and everyone she passed seem to gasp. And finally, as she came close, her father turned to her with a look of pride. He embraced her tightly with a nod before taking his seat beside Ursa. She stepped up and stood opposite Ezra, sharing a smile with him.
"You look...incredible" the Jedi whispered, unable to take his eyes off her.
"So do you" she answered, adoring the way he looked in a tuxedo. He should wear them more often. Kanan smiled at the pair, before taking a deep breath himself.
"We are gathered here today to witness the marriage of Ezra Bridger and Sabine Wren, the artist and the Jedi. In the sight of the force, if any soul has any reason why these two may not be joined in matrimony, speak now, or forever hold your peace" he stated, scanning the crowds expectantly. Everyone remained deathly silent, and Ezra and Sabine shared another smile.
"In that case...ringbearers, present the rings" Kanan commanded, and Zeb stepped up. He passed Ezra the ring with a wink before stepping back. Hera passed Sabine her ring, and each slid a ring onto the other's finger.
"Not quite as colourful as the engagement ring...sorry" Ezra said quietly.
"It came from you...that's what matters" Sabine replied, her heart beating out of her chest.
"Excellent. Ezra Bridger, do you take Sabine Wren to be your lawfully wedded wife, in sickness or in health, from this day...until your last day?" Kanan questioned whilst reading from the book. Ezra nodded his head.
"I do...from this day until my last day" he confirmed, staring into the eyes of the woman he loved.
"Sabine Wren, do you take Ezra Bridger to be your lawfully wedded husband, in sickness or in health, from this day to your last?" Kanan asked again, this time turning to the Mandalorian. She smiled sweetly.
"I do...now and always" she responded, overjoyed as she saw Ezra grin happily.
"Well then, by the power vested in me from the force, I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride" Kanan stated, closing his book to watch the scene. Ezra and Sabine shared a brief grin, before wrapping their arms tightly around one another and pressing their lips together passionately. They closed their eyes, wishing this moment could last forever. And for a few eternal seconds, they forget that they weren't alone. An enormous applause snapped them back into the moment and they separated with genuine smiles. With a laugh, Sabine turned her back to the crowds, holding her bouquet ready. She tossed it into the air, and everyone watched with tension as it spiralled. It was caught by the least likely person there, none other than Chopper himself, who proceeded to grumble as it landed in his arm. The crowd burst into laughter and Ezra put his arm around Sabine, holding her close. Married at last, this moment had definitely been worth the wait. But the wedding was far from over...

Night fell over the fields of Lothal, and the after-wedding party continued to rage on. Everyone sat at the long table, digging into the food that Zeb had so expertly provided. The Lasat had done a good job, he certainly had good taste. Melch sat at a chair, digging his face into a whole quinberry cake whilst being chastised for his lack of manners by Hondo. Rex and Wolffe shared a drink further down, laughing loudly as they recalled old war stories from the Clone Wars. And at the very end of the table, Sabine and Ezra sat in the middle of a discussion, the Jedi having just explained the story of Hondo's extravagant gift.
"A house?! An entire house?! Here on Lothal?" the Mandalorian questioned in shock. Ezra nodded his head.
"Yep. Say what you will about Hondo, he's kind when it comes to his friends. He wouldn't take no for an answer" he explained in response. Sabine could hardly believe her ears.
"Kriff...it's impossible to hate that old pirate" she remarked. After all the times he'd double-crossed them, he was still a loyal friend. An enigma of a man.
"I know, right?" Ezra answered. Hondo had disappointed him so many times in the past, and yet when Lothal was in need, he had turned up to fight. And now this as well. The pirate certainly had a soft spot for him. At that moment, Ketsu Onyo strolled up with a grin, ready to congratulate her old friend.
"So you finally married that scrawny loth-rat, huh?" she asked. Sabine grinned while Ezra shook his head with a sigh.
"I'm sitting right here" he commented, but Ketsu ignored him, instead turning to her friend.
"I told you all about him when we first met again. You must've known even back then that this day would come eventually" Sabine stated, and Ezra widened his eyes in surprise. Even as early as their Garel days, Sabine had known she had feelings for him?
"Course I did...told you way back then he sounded like a keeper. As always, I am proven right" Ketsu replied, speaking as if Ezra wasn't even there. He held his tongue.
"This time...this time you were right" Sabine admitted, and Ezra smiled cockily. I'm a keeper, he thought to himself smugly, as if this entire wedding wasn't already proof of that.
"Anyway, I've got you a gift, some premium paints back there on the Shadowcaster. I didn't really know what you were into, Ezra, so I found this for your collection. Hope you like it" Ketsu stated, revealing a rare storm commando helmet, a sort of black scout trooper. Ezra gave an impressed smile as he held it in his hands, surprised that Ketsu had remembered his hobby, let alone found something this unusual.
"Thank you, Ketsu" he answered with a grateful nod, tucking the helmet safely down by his feet. This will make a fine addition to my collection, he thought to himself with satisfaction.
"No problem. Anyway...think I'll take a seat and try some of this food of yours. Never seen so much cake in one place before" Ketsu replied, walking away as swiftly as she had arrived. For a while, the bride and groom sat in silence, admiring the starry sky above them and listening intently to the many different conversations taking place across the table. They heard the Iron Squadron bragging about their bravery in the Battle of Endor, and heard Hondo trying to rope Vizago into another of his crazy schemes. Further down, they even heard Ursa and Alrich discussing the wedding and admitting that Ezra was a perfect choice for their Sabine. The fact that he'd managed to hear them say that made Ezra very happy indeed. One never knew for sure with Mandalorians, and Ursa always seemed to regard him coldly, but clearly, she approved of him. And then, as he sat there, something struck him.
"I've just realised...we didn't do any vows" he stated, poking Sabine on the shoulder to get her attention. But rather than give a panicked look, the artist simply smiled enigmatically.
"Mandalorian weddings don't have vows. The marriage itself is supposed to be one big vow. If a Mandalorian trusts someone enough to marry them then that should be enough" she explained, and Ezra quickly calmed down. He smiled at the notion that Sabine trusted him that much. At that moment, Ryder raised a toast.
"To the happy couple! May they feel this joy for the rest of their lives!" he shouted, raising his glass in the air. Everyone raised their glasses in unison, repeating his statement and cheering. Ezra and Sabine smiled at one another, sharing a kiss and receiving more cheers from the crowds. And as the night went on, so did the party, the perfect ending to the perfect wedding...

Never again did so many of the crew's friends and allies gather in one place following that day. But all of them would always have that night, a happy memory to take with them wherever they went. Hondo and his pirate crew continued their mischief, occasionally helping out the New Republic. Ahsoka and the clones retired from conflict, each of them settling down on different planets and regularly visiting one another. The Iron Squadron remained with the New Republic just like the Spectres, continuing to help establish a new democracy and abolish all remnants of the old empire. Ryder Azadi returned to his former position of Capital City's mayor, ruling fairly and wisely. And as for Ezra and Sabine, in the months following the wedding they handed in their resignations from the New Republic and settled into the Whitescar Estate on Lothal. They lived long lazy days and wiled away their time painting and training. As she had promised, Sabine covered the walls of their home in her art, there wasn't a blank canvas to be found.  These paintings were often inspired by their many journeys into the far corners of space aboard their very own freighter, the Spectre.  They would always remain ready for a call from the New Republic that they were needed again, but for now enjoyed a well-deserved rest. And both of them constantly thought back to that night, the party with all of their friends. That had been a proper wedding, a rebel wedding...                     

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.9K 284 24
Taking place right after the epilogue of Star Wars Rebels, Sabine, Ahsoka, and Rex set off to bring back the lost Ezra Bridger. On their journey they...
39.4K 1K 76
"I love you, and even if all this disaster happens all I need is you." He says caressing her cheek before the battle begins. (There are a little bit...
238K 1.1K 100
Ezra x Sabine sex story or one shots. maybe some power rangers too or random thing's I don't know.
307K 2.6K 200
Sabine Wren and Ezra Bridger fanfiction Oneshots Story. With Creative Ideas of Mine and from Star Wars Rebels TV Series Sabezra One-Shots and Sabezra...