The dark waters| ✓

By SushiBor

I won't survive. I'm sure of it. Strong wind ruffles through my clothes and hardly allows my eyes to remain... More

P A R T O N E
C H A R A C T E R A E S T H E T I C
1.THE VISION
2.THE CASCADIA
3. ISLA LYNN
4.DESTINY UNFOLDS
5.THE MEETING
6.NO LIES
7.THE SIGHT
8.THE MERFOLK
9.A KINGDOM BY THE SEA
P A R T T W O
10. SAVE ME
11. SAY MY NAME
12. QUIET BEFORE THE STORMS
13.MOONLIGHT
450+ reads special:THE WEAPON
14.FORBIDDEN LOVE
16. REMEMBER ME
17.MEET ME THERE
18. MEUS REX
19.WAVES AND STORMS
20.COLD IN THE KINGDOM
21.COLD EMBRACE
22. DO I WANNA KNOW?
23.THE DECADE DANCE
24. DOWN DOWN AND UNDER
25. LIFELESS OCEAN
1k + reads Special:THE ARRIVAL
P A R T T H R E E
26. FEVER CALLED LIVING
27. DEPTHS OF THY LOVE
28. EVEN LOVERS DROWN
1.2k+Special: A NEW ERA
29. WHAT DEVOTION ARE YOU?
30. DEEP SECRETS
31. TAKE YOUR BREATH AWAY
32. TEMPT THE WATERS
33. CAVE TENEBRIS AQUAS
34. CITY BENEATH THE SEA
35. THE DARK WATERS
EPILOGUE
AUTHORS NOTE

15. LOOKING FOR YOU

186 19 0
By SushiBor

But how is that possible?

I think to myself.

"Our best guess is that Isla married someone else once Llyr left and then had you." Nerida adds.

Why didn't she tell me this?
I wonder to myself.
Of course no one would have believed her if she told them about mermaids but I would have, I was her daughter.

"Leah, can we ask for a favour?" Dylan says.

"Yep, sure" I reply, curious.

" Can we go to your house? We just need to go through Isla's old stuff.Just in case we come across anything related Llyr. Maybe he told her about the weapon. We can't leave without looking at every little detail that might suggest something." Dylan asks me.

"Yeah sure, we can go. But for that, you'll have to tell me where we are so that I know the way-"

"That's not an issue. We know where you live." Dylan says smiling.

"Yeah right. Stalkers." I say.

"It's our job" he says shrugging.

We leave the kitchen and walk up to our rooms.I go into mine and realise I don't have clothes to change into. I look around in frustration and see a wardrobe.

Dylan's wardrobe.

I walk towards it and open it.

Three stacks of crisply folded clothes lie there. I almost  feel unbearable to watch such a neat wardrobe, it  looks untouched. I try my best to go through the stacks carefully. I find a plain black T-shirt and put it on. It's loose but it looks good. I leave the room and go to Nerida's room. I find her standing in front of the mirror, applying something to her eyes.

"Is that an eyeliner?" I ask.

" yeah, is that what it's called? I wanted try some human beauty products. Turns out they are not that bad. Well of course humans will produce beauty products properly. They value fake beauty so much."Nerida says still peering into the mirror.

"Yes we do. I know we should'nt. But it gives people confidence and satisfaction about themselves, that's enough reason to wear it." I say.

"Agreed."

"By the way, What are we going to do at my house?" I say

"We told you, we are looking for clues or hints that might suggest where the weapon is." She says.

"And you have no clue about how the weapon looks or how you are gonna use it?" I asked a little irritated.

"Nope" she says.

I sigh and walk towards the bed. I find a pair of light blue denim jeans and I take it to the washroom with me. I remove my sweats and put it on. It's super skinny.

" why are your jeans so tight?" I say coming out of the bathroom, fidgeting with the jeans.

"Skinny jeans are hot. Isn't that the trend here?" She says still facing the mirror.

" I can't walk properly!" I say sitting on the bed.

"I don't have anything else." She says turning around. "how does it look?" She asks fluttering her eyelids.

I look at her eyes and surprisingly they look amazing with the eyeliner. The black colour enhances her sea green eye colour and makes them look sharper.

"Amazing."I say.

" look, you have nothing to worry about. We won't harm your aunt or make a mess out of your house. Just trust us on this." She says walking towards the door. Just before walking out she pops her head back in.

"And by the way, you look good. Believe me. And if you don't believe me, go ask Evian." She says winking.

What the hell...

I decide not to pay much attention to what she said and leave the room. I walk down and find lee and Nerida talking to each other quietly in a corner. I walk out of the door and find Dylan driving a car.

I wonder where he got that from.

" don't ask" nerida whispers as she walks towards the car.

Ah, compulsion. I think.

I walk towards the car and I'm about to open the door to the backseat when I hear Lee call out my name, opening the door to the passenger seat.

"Sit with Dylan." he says smiling a little. I roll my eyes and walk toward the front. I get in the car and slam the door shut. I turn around and give Nerida and Lee a look and turn my attention to the front.

"Is that my t-shirt?" Dylan asks.

"Yeah I didn't have anything else to wear, my clothes were dirty." I say.

"Looks good on you." He says. I turn to face him but he isn't looking at me. He seemed to have zoned out, looking at the back of a blue ford in front.

What is wrong with everyone.

"Thanks." I say flatly.

I hear Nerida coughing and I turn around to glare at her.

"So, lets go?" Dylan asks.

"what are we waiting for?" Nerida says.

" Right then." says Dylan pressing the accelerator.

________________________________

"This is it." I say alighting out of the car.

I look up at the familiar windows and the visible posters in my room. I walk towards the door and step onto the porch. I ring the bell and I hope Janet is still at home.

Then I also wish she isn't so that I won't have to go through the painful process of explaining everything to her. I hear her footsteps and I sigh.

The door opens and I see her standing there.

A bolt of happiness surges through me.  I'm relieved to see her standing there  with a smile on her face. Although I knew she was safe, I couldn't help but feel a little worried about the only family I had. I give her a tight hug and she returns it.

"where were you?" she asks sounding concerned.

"Lee's house." I reply with the first thing that comes into my mind.

"For two days? you should have informed me at least. you know I'm pretty chill about this but I expect you to at least inform me about where you are. Anyways, you missed the sushi I made for you yesterday. your fault." she says smiling. Her eyes go to Lee then Nerida and lastly Dylan.

"Who are these guys? haven't seen you in the town before." she asks.

"We just moved here" Dylan says giving his fake sweet smile.

"Good to know. why don't you guys come in? I can make you some lemonade if you want."

"Yeah sure" Dylan says.

Before I can think about anything else to say, everyone walks in leaving me behind. I sigh and I walk inside. As soon as the familiar smell of Janet's perfume and the strong coffee hits my nose, I feel at home. I walk towards the kitchen where she is making some lemonade.

" Janet, I was wondering if you could tell me where my mothers stuff is..." I ask slowly.she looks up and there is pity and curiosity in her eyes.

" Are you missing her love?" she says in a soft voice. "Come here give me a hug"

Although I hate being hugged or shown any signs of affection, it feels amazing to be held I. her arms, given what happened in the last few days. I feel an overwhelming feeling of gratitude towards Janet.

I won't ever let anything happen to Janet.ever.

"It's in her room. In the wardrobe. She knew you would like to see it one day.She told me to keep it safe." she gives me a kiss on the forehead and smiles at me before getting back to work.

"Make sure you don't make a mess out of her room!" she shouts as I leave the kitchen. I walk into the hall and I see Dylan, Nerida and Lee sit on the couch.

"Did you get anything"  Dylan asks.

"she has a box full of her stuff kept in the room"

"I hope we find something there."Dylan says looking around.

" We'll find out. Let's go." I say.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

296K 11.3K 26
Kaia Irey just lost her father to lung cancer. She can't handle the loss so she returns to the only thing they both did every day, sailing in the cov...
768 63 19
Follow three friends journey as they travel across the sea on the adventure of a lifetime, while two of them fall in love. ...
2.7M 114K 62
There's one rule shared between the island's tribes: don't touch the water. When Cressa-la breaks this law, her world, and body, changes. Sure, chang...
4.1K 474 34
[COMPLETED : 5|09|2016 and slowly editing ] He snapped his fingers and a red flame flourished into existence. "How did you-" "I'm a professional." He...