[KH/FF] Treachery of Fate: Im...

By Panda-Gom

It has been almost half a year since [Name] [Surname] fulfilled the Silver Dragon legend. When Oblivion relea... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55

Chapter 51

734 28 32
By Panda-Gom

You awoke some time after your vision had gotten dark. You were sprawled upon two couches pushed together, snuggled beneath a dark blue blanket and numerous pillows. You groggily turned your neck, keeping your body still as you looked around the room in the dim illumination from an overhead chandelier of simple mosaic lamp cover upon the thin light bulb, noting an off yellow color of the walls. To the wall in front of you, was a brown door on the left end of it, the right harboring a mirror that covered the majority of the rest of the wall, with a simple, long cabinet beneath it, which had three drawers. As you struggled to sit up, you grabbed onto the couches' backrests, almost clawing your way up in a lazy, yet semi-determined fashion. From here, you looked around the room once more.

Upon the left, there was a coffee table, fruits and covered dishes laid out, as well as a ready tea set, with steam coming from the mouth of the teapot. The carpeted floor had a trace of where the couches were before, and you assumed that at some point, they were moved to make the makeshift bed. Turning to the right, you noticed a large array of flowers going from one end to another, with a small window in the upper right corner of it. Finally, moving your body, causing the blanket upon your torso to fall, you looked behind you, where two bookshelves stood between another door, this one white, with a golden handle.

It was when you turned back around that you were able to get a glance of yourself—hair disheveled, eyes silver, and...body nude. Surprised at your appearance, you immediately covered up your top half that was exposed, panicking as your eyes darted for some sort of clothing. When not finding any in your direct vision, you were ready to get yourself up, when the door behind you opened, and, in such a state, you rolled yourself over a back end of a couch, ready to run, when the laughing of Kyrie's voice, and distaste from Yunalesca's sigh made you almost cry in relief.

"Why?" you huffed, standing up. "Where are my clothes!?"

"I can't believe you're the same girl from a year before," Yunalesca shook her head, setting down a folded set of clothes on the armrest of the couch. "Shinobi this, quick kills that, overpowered kudan, and you still manage to squeal when you're naked."

"I woke up like this!" you gestured to yourself, holding up the blanket which you clutched with one hand. "And I'm supposed to be calm!?"

Kyrie giggled, putting her arms out from behind you, on either side of your neck, outstretched. "Lady Yunalesca, could you please pass me her clothes?"

"More different clothes?" you sighed. "I don't know how to keep these things intact. The jeans at home survived longer than this."

"It's alright, [Name]. This is called gear. Lady Yunalesca told me you are familiar with the concept."

"I was just introduced to it, actually," you cleared your throat, awkwardly, watching as Yunalesca handed back strings of a dress to Kyrie. You stiffened, feeling her tie the back of it.

As Yunalesca adjusted the front of what appeared to be a dress, Kyrie sighed, stopping her tying of the back laces. "What's wrong?" the silverette girl asked, glancing over your shoulder/

"I forgot about the undergarments..."

You got dressed with help from the girls. Of course, you put undergarments on your own, but the dress itself was a recreation of what you had previously worn from Yunalesca. As it turned out, a higher level of magic existed in which 'gear' could be created—gear being clothes with enhanced attributes according to someones own status. As such, what you had worn last night, and what Yunalesca made for you today, were examples of that; Yunalesca herself being able to conjure it using blessed magic, or holy magic, along with a base garment—the previous dress being one that would help in balancing your aether.

Now, the same dress was the light blue in color, yet was only the similar up to the cropped overshirt you wore—the sleeves like that of a shirt, with a white trim, and light lavender flower patterning, with the neckline darker, yet much the same, closed with a ribbon. The dress to the same overall folding as the previous hanfu, yet came higher up your neck, and was closed off with another button. The under layer was a dark blue and had a flowered pattern, with the layer above it in a mid-tone blue, or indigo, and split sectionals, again, with the same pattern. The change in the dress was due to Kyrie's magic, and you were told after the effects wore off—this one balancing your aether as well as easing your body—the dress would just become another piece of clothing, which if you wanted, could turn into something else with the proper enchantments.

It was when you were finished getting dressed that you helped the girls pull the couches apart, and put the coffee table back between them. The tea was still hot, and you were encouraged to sit down and have some by Kyrie who insisted you stay and chat before leaving. You sat next to Yunalesca on one couch, and poured yourself some in a matching teacup. A few moments passed as the silveretted girl thanked her fellow priestess for the help and trouble, and it was then that your hand brushed your neckline to brush back hair, when you noticed you no longer had a kudan or weapon key around your neck. You blinked, feeling for it again, then stood, looking around for the items. Kyrie stood as well, gently tugging your hand so you would sit back down—you turned to her expectantly.

"[Name], your ears," she said, gesturing to you. "The change in rebonding is a change in aether, and will reflect your kudan and weapon."

Sure enough, you stood, walking over to the mirror upon the wall near the exiting door. Brushing your hair away, your fingertips caressed the earrings now on you: the right side having a cuff around the top cartilage of your ear, which seemed to reflect the silver of Kei's scales. A chain hung down from the cuff in two links, to your earlobe, where a small, circular stud was, similar in color to the outfit you wore; upon your left ear, there was only a matching stud. As you turned around and returned to your seat, Kyrie explained.

"I believe that the cuff is to be your kudan, and the smaller studs are of your weapon. Due to you wearing gear, it is reflecting the color of it, and I assume that once you are in regular clothing, they will turn to black, similar to your katana."

"That makes sense," you nodded slowly, sighing as you reached for your teacup, taking a sip. Setting it back down you looked to her once more," How do you know my name? Me as... as [Name]?"

Kyrie, looked away for a moment, then back at you as she lowered her head. "I apologize if I overstepped my boundaries. I did not know Vergil was not aware of your... Amaya situation."

"The truth is," the door creaked open, Vergil and Nero stepping through—Nero speaking. "I'll take it from here, babe," the younger of the two smiled, sitting next to the auburn haired girl as Vergil closed the door, crossing his arms as he leaned against the wall near it. "The truth is, [Name], after seeing Noa with you for a while, I had him explain to me what was going on with you two—it seemed weird, y'know? Just getting cozy with some random girl." He paused, looking down for a moment as he rubbed his hands together, thinking. "He...gave me reasons to believe that you were [Name], and I didn't believe him."

"During then," Kyrie interrupted, clearing her throat," I had known Nero for quite some time... and, he began acting... strange. You see, we were reacquainted over summer after not seeing each other for a while... Within those few weeks, he said he recently felt like—after hearing information from Noa—he had forgotten something. Then we fought...and argued, and even..." Her voice trailed off, looking a bit dejected from her recollection.

Nero nodded slowly, locking gazes with you as he squeezed Kyrie's hands that were clasped upon her lap. "I told Kyrie everything, and she offered to cleanse me—maybe it would clear up my head and calm me down. It was a little after that, that I remembered everything. I felt kinda sick with myself... And, no offense [Name], but I didn't want to get involved."

You pursed your lips before answering, setting down the tea cup that you had just picked up once more," ...That's...fair."

"I-It's not you!" he then huffed, shaking his hands in front of him. "It's just.. after what you had put us through last year, I realized how much I missed the way things were before you came along. Maybe if things were different, y'know? If you weren't getting chased every minute by someone—I'd love to hang out and be...normal." Nero looked away again, sighing," ...After I found Kyrie again, I realized how balanced she was able to keep me, and how she genuinely wanted to help everyone... I felt that we had focused on one person for far too much—it got me so riled up thinking about what Noa told me that...like Kyrie said, it...it almost broke us up...for good." Nero locked eyes with you, looking up," We missed you [Name]—you were missing from us—but its not like our lives stopped without you for all those years you weren't there."

Yunalesca put her cup down, crossing her arms as she learned back," What you're saying is, you're not helping us."

"Ah!" you turned to the girl, equally frustrated. "Yunalesca it's—"

"No, [Name]," she snorted, annoyed. "I mean no offense to you, Kyrie, but Nero, you deciding to run away because it broke up you already on and off again relationship questions how long this'll even last. Plus, there are so many people are affected by Chiyoko that—"

"But it's because of [Name] that we got affected in the first place!" Nero raised his voice, standing as he glared at Yunalesca. "It's because of her nobody remembers anything! I don't mind lending a hand, but I'm not going to be your cannon for a battle that's not mine!"

"Nero," Kyrie called out, reaching to his right hand, which you noticed now, was gloved, in comparison to his left. "Please, calm down, she—"

"I am calm," he hissed, then, realizing his actions, mouthed an apology to her as she shook her head, letting go of him. Groaning, he scratched his head rapidly in frustration, looking at you once more. "Look, I'm staying here with Kyrie. If you need me, I can try helping, but I'm not coming back to Twilight Town—this is my home now. Where Kyrie is, I will go."

"That's fair," you stated once more, nodding. "I'm sorry for all that I put you through, Nero—I am. I didn't expect any of this to happen...or even come this far." You stood, lips pressing into a hard line before you spoke, eyes locking with him," But you're acting as if I'm not doing anything!"

"Heh," Yunalesca smirked; you spared her a glance and she shook her head, gesturing for you to keep speaking.

You continued, the attempt to hold your tongue beginning to go to waste," I'm doing my best to fix everything and you—"

SLAP.

It was that skin on skin slapping noise that came from Nero. You blinked for a moment, processing what had happened, then looked at the teen again. He hadn't slapped you—no. Rather, Vergil had slapped HIM. Yet, you felt the force from it; something within that slap was an anger that had boiled over as the conversation that had gone on. Nero inhaled slowly, gloved hand rising to his face which slowly turned to face Vergil.

"I waited," the elder of the two began, inhaling and exhaling loudly," for your explanation on [Name]. Yet you stand here now, letting her apologize for your OWN unstable mentality. I did not expect to have a brother so cowardly that he would run—"

"I'm not in the mood for your lectures, BRO-THER," he strained the word distastefully, vehemently. "Your [Name] is a lie, the real [Name] is a joke, and I—"

"AND YOU would abandon family so easily!?" Vergil growled, grabbing Nero by the collar. "After Kurogane and Fai raised us!? Remove [Name], you up and leave them over some ridiculous woman—"

"I don't—really DON'T—need to hear your lecture on family, or my relationship, you black sheep," Nero hissed, shoving his brother away as he closed the gap between them once more.

"Enough," Kyrie stood, pushing the two apart as best as she could. Nero wasted no time in allowing himself to be shoved back, taking his cue to leave, slamming the door behind him. Sighing, the auburn haired girl turned to the teen near her, "Vergil, I think you should go....there's no getting to him in this state, I—"

"That's fine," he turned away from her. "Let's go," he commanded, sparing you and Yunalesca a glance as he summoned his katana in the room.

"[Name], I'm sorry," she turned to you, taking your hands in hers," I hope it all works out. And, Lady Yunalesca," she let go of you, grabbing Yunalesca's hands and bringing them to her forehead as she bowed, closing her eyes. "I apologize for being so unprofessional, and for what my... private life have caused. But please, please, bless me before you go!"

At this, Yunalesca closed her eyes, the hands between the two girls glowing ever so slightly of pale blue, while the silverette of the two began to chant. You took this moment to scoot your way around the couch, to Vergil who had called back his katana, summoning a portal before you—the same gashes in space which you had come from. He waited for a moment, and as Yunalesca finished, instructed her to hold onto him as she clasped her hand in yours. Then, in the same manner, the three of you walked through the portal again.

You arrived behind the main building of the shrine, near where you had left. It was sunny now, and most likely the afternoon, making you wonder how long you had been unconscious in the other world. You let go of Yunalesca, a little dejected from the suddenly cut conversation, and even the contents of it, and you found yourself leaning against the wall of the building, silent. She put a hand on your shoulder, squeezed it in reassurance, and told you she would be checking in to see if the others had gone—your time in the other world already causing a day to pass here, meaning it was Sunday now. In further reassurance of why you were missing, she had Namine keep up the impression of an elongated slumber party. The chirping of birds in the trees filled the silence her footsteps had left you behind, and you were about to do the same, yet couldn't bring yourself to move just yet.

"...You can go," you murmured, feeling Vergil's eyes on you; he hadn't moved at all since returning, and was leaned against the other wall of the building, which went in the opposite direction.

"I apologize for Nero," the pale haired teen answered. "Had I known...," he trailed off, shaking his head.

"You wouldn't have let it slide," you smiled faintly. "You wouldn't have listened, Vergil—you were always headstrong."

Vergil smirked, ever so slightly. "What memories do you have of me, then? Care to show me you are... [Name]?"

"If I did, would you believe me?"

"If you did, I wouldn't have a choice."

You thought for a moment, watching him before answering,"... Do you remember, my father's weapon?"

"I remember a black katana." At his words, you summoned your weapon in your right hand, tightly gripping upon the hilt. Vergil gazed upon it, examining it, before standing straight from his leaned position. "I remember Naoki used to speak to my father about it... Yet I do not remember your face. It's..."

"It would be Chiyoko, yeah," you smiled, sadly, calling back your katana. "Vergil, don't pity me, and don't be upset with Nero—"

"I will help you, in exchange for my memories," he answered, beginning to take steps forward; he stopped in front of you, and you looked up at him. "I will help, so I can properly speak to you."

"W-What are you planning to do?" you blurted out, confused at his words. "Are you going to—"

"I won't say anything... [Name]."

Vergil hesitated for a moment, reaching his hand out; he almost flinched, about to pull it away. You stood straight to leave, but were met with his palm on the top of your head, in a simple, singular pat. You froze awkwardly, and in the same blink that you looked up at him, he briskly walked away, smirking again, just slightly. Exhaling, you finally moved, walking around to the other side of the building, where you realized the light crowd walking past in the courtyard, to other parts of the shrine. You took your shoes off and pulled yourself up onto the walkway, opening the sliding door and going inside, only to find yourself in an empty room. Thinking they must've gone, you proceeded down the hall to the nearby room, looking for Namine, who also was nowhere to be found. Unsure of what to do, you exited out of the building just as you came, hearing yelling around the corner of the other side of the building.

Curious, you followed the noise, peering at the edge of the building to see Namine, her wrist being held by Natsu, who was currently yelling at her, over what he demanded as an explanation. Upset, she continued to struggle out of his hold, and you turned the corner to step in, when Yunalesca exited the building near them, barefoot as she stepped down immediately from the porch. She yanked Namine from Natsu's grip, hitting the teen's wrist with her bracelet and causing him to flinch. He grunted, readying to reach for her again when she summoned her staff, pointing it at his throat.

"Leave," the silverette girl hissed. "Namine is not your property."

"I want her back!" Natsu cried out, shaking his wrist in pain. "She doesn't belong with Prompto!"

"This again?" Yunalesca scoffed, hiding Namine behind her. "Listen, Natsu—"

"Let me speak with her," Natsu took a step back, hands slowly getting into a stance, his violet eyes beginning to glow. "I only want to speak with her... I'll disable your powers—I'll do it!

"Natsu, please," Namine pleaded, her hands clutched to her chest. "I have nothing to say to you, Natsu. I—"

"WHY DIDN'T YOU LOVE ME, NAMINE!?" the pale haired teen shrieked, cutting her off. "WE'VE BEEN THROUGH SO MANY THINGS AND YOU JUST—"

"Natsu," a voice called; you jumped, head hitting the side of the building as Kazuki walked past you, Hiro in tow. The older of the two seemed annoyed, and you caught a glimpse of his eyes beginning to glow faintly as he stopped right behind a distressed Natsu; you took a step forward as he spoke. "Natsu, we didn't come here for this; calm down, and let's go home."

"No," Natsu gasped, swallowing back tears in a half sob, half chuckle. "K-Kaz...Kazuki, please... Please don't do this to me..." The pale haired teen's eyes began to dim, and the hands he had readied fell limp to his side. He began to sob, and Kazuki smiled in encouragement to him, that this indeed, was the right choice. He placed a hand on the teen's shoulder, and turned, beginning to guide him out.

Yunalesca sighed in relief, turning Namine towards her; at the same time Hiro had squirmed out of his brother's grasp, running towards you as he buried his face into your stomach—his arms giving you a squeeze. Surprised, you froze for a moment, then as he released crouched to his level," Hiro...?"

"I don't want to go home," he whispered. "I don't want to go home."

"Hiro, let's go," Kazuki called, looming over the two of you as he had Natsu in an incoherent tow. He narrowed his eyes at you as the younger of the two did not respond, and instead threw his arms around your neck, looking away. "Hiro...let's...go."

"Hiro, go with your brother," you said, slowly pushing him away.

The small child began to pout, his face beginning to distort into a ready cry," I haven't seen Suteki in a while, I don't want to go home—I want to stay and play!" Hands balled into fists, he let his head hang back, beginning to wail.

You sighed, standing up straight as you shook your head—its pounding beginning at your temples. "Hiro, listen—"

"No! No, I want to stay! I—"

"Shut up, brat" Kazuki hissed to him in Japanese, eyes narrowed as he raised a hand above Hiro. "You want to keep making noise?" At this, the younger of the two had his eyes widen as his gaze followed his brother's figure, and he took a step back as they glazed over in another ready round of tears.

You caught his wrist in midair as it came down, squeezing it," I don't think you remember when I told you before, in the cafeteria" you hissed back at Kazuki. "Hiro's just a child."

"You're right, maybe I should hit you instead then, huh?" he mockingly straightened his posture, noting the height difference.

'[Name] don't move,' Namine's voice echoed in your head; you almost jerked in surprise, nails piercing Kazuki's skin

"All you people bring here is violence," Yunalesca growled, her staff pointed at Kazuki as she edged closer. "Amaya, let go of him before I hit you too."

'Yunalesca you too,' Namine added; from your peripheral you could see her eyes darting to around the corner behind you. 'We...we can make this work.'

At this, Kazuki made a noise of irritation, shoving Natsu—who was still mumbling quietly—away from him. He jerked his arm from your grasp, and winced, taking a look at the mark you left behind from digging your nails in. He took a step back, summoning his katana as he did so, slowly pointing it up towards Yunalesca. In response, she scoffed, shaking her head.

"Last chance, Hinomoto—leave."

"I'm sorry, I don't remember raising this garbage."

You froze at the voice—that deep voice that definitely did not belong to Kazuki. Stiffening, you took a step back as you turned around, finding Kurogane. Your lip quivered, unsure how to respond, as Namine's voice began to echo the three of you to relax; from what she could make out, the group was here to give offerings to the shrine. The man had his arms crossed, and he stood tall waiting for Kazuki to move from his position—which he did, after a moment. In an almost robotic manner, he took Natsu in one arm, and Hiro—who had also tensed—and began to leave, quickly, around the corner. Yunalesca called back her staff and bowed to Kurogane, opening her mouth to speak when he waved her off, walking away.

"Go inside, I'm leaving."

"...K-Kurogane-san!" you breathed, rushing after him. He stopped just around the corner, causing you to step back, almost hitting him. Unsure what to say, you bowed, deeply enough your hair fell to frame your face," Thank you!"

It was silent for a minute until he spoke—the bustle of the shrine in the background seemed to drown away at his voice. "Do not speak to me, until you can answer my questions."

Your eyes widened as you remembered this conversation, back when you had briefly been blind. Slowly then, you straightened yourself, eyes on the floor," ...I can answer your questions."

'[Name]!?' Namine gasped. '[Name] he's about to leave just—'

'Do it [Name],' Yunalesca firmly encouraged you. 'Do it.'

'No! It's too sudden he—'

Kurogane glanced over his shoulder, eyeing you carefully," Don't play games about this, kid."

"If you want my answers, I will show you my resolve," you said, eyes ever so slightly trying to look up in hopes for a facial expression Kurogane did not gave.

"Giving me the answers that your little Edo crew trained you for are not answers—they're excuses.

Kurogane briskly took his leave as your were left without an answer that did not sound like childish babbling. You fully looked at his retreating figure, cursing yourself for not properly being able to give an answer. Sighing you turned and rejoined the two girls around the corner as they headed inside—Yunalesca being a bit more comforting than Namine who immediately chided you for reacting without thinking.

There was little talk of what happened outside once you had gotten back in however, and you found that the boys from the previous night had left at morning yesterday. Yunalesca shortly excused herself as you got your belongings from last night, wrapped tightly with a cloth into a neat little sack. Namine then led the way as the two of you exited the shrine, agreeing to meet again once Noa was to awaken, and Yunalesca was able to stabilize his condition.

Splitting paths with Namine near the school, you made your way to the shopping district towards Cafe Alps. It had been a few days since your last visit, yet it felt longer, and you craved something warm to clear your head as Namine's upset tone about reaching out to Kurogane kept ringing in your ears. Numbly, then, your dejected walking caused you to eventually bump into someone on the crowded walkway, and you scooted back, hitting the floor in response. Quickly picking yourself up, and your things, you looked over to the person in front of you who cursed, brushing off dust from their black pants.

"It would probably be a better idea for you to maybe watch where you're going," a voice chided. You followed its source, eyes landing on a ponytailed Serah, who sported a turquoise buttoned up shirt, and white skirt.

Slowly, your eyes trailed, landing on the person who fell—Snow—who groaned in response," I TOLD you, I can see!"

"Listen here big guy, as much as I'd love to agree, you're not doing much here with that—oh." A third person behind the first two scooted around, picking up your folded clothes. "Hey [Name]," the brunette woman greeted, her eyes caught track of you as she began handing you your small sack. "Haven't seen you in a while."

"[Name]?" Snow echoed, beginning to retie the headband around his head. "Fang you're gettin' blind on us here—that's Amaya!"

Fang squinted at you for a moment—you hadn't recognized her initially either. Fang hadn't been someone you particularly remembered outside of being in her class; with little interaction, and without her in a signature shade of blue you vaguely believed she wore, it was odd seeing her in the baggy ensemble of black she now presented herself in.

"Amaya?" Fang hummed, beginning to pace around you after a moment. "No, no—"

"I—," you coughed, clearing your throat after your voice cracked. "I'm on my way to see Kei," you smiled, changing the subject quickly.

"Oh great!" Serah smiled in return, clasping her hands together. "We're on our way to drop off some supplies to the cafe, why don't you join us?"

"Sure," you nodded, immediately reaching for a medium-sized one closest to you.

"Serah, I said I can—"

"Honey, if I stopped letting you carry these the way you've BEEN doing, we would've been there already."

Serah led the way to the cafe, which was only a short distance off from your meeting with the group. Along the way, Fang had gotten quiet—save for shooting down any of Snow's remarks—and you could feel her eyes fixated on you, almost boring a hole into your back. The curt walk gave you a moment to think about what you should say if Fang had brought up the issue again, and at most, you concluded with a case of very, very, bad mistaken identity.

Upon approaching the cafe, you followed the three to the back, passing what you remembered as the employee locker rooms, and shuffling into a supply room. Inside was a housing of materials for baked goods, as well as those for cleaning, and backup equipment—the differences in these items being separated by shelf and recorded through some kind of code in small notes beneath each row. With Snow carrying the most of the load, Serah instructed him as best as she could, and through his complaints of mistreatment, you and Fang were in amusement watching, and waiting to help in the narrow hallway. At some point, however, Serah realized her error in placing an entire box of flour—there being at least three that were new—and she waved the two of you off in order to start over with Snow.

Curtly, you attempted to take you leave. Small sack clutched in your hand, you sped down the hallway as casually as possible, resulting in a brisk walk. You had not heard Fang following, and as you turned the corner, you were met with surprise as she immediately tackled you into the nearest room—the employee locker room. Your sack flew out of your hand and hit a locker, the only audible noise as she closed the door behind her, locking it. You pushed yourself up with your hands, immediately summoning your katana and taking stance, she clashed against you, closing the gap as soon as she could, summoning a red, duel-ended spear.

"End of the road here."

----------

Zoom: The After Party

The morning after, the boys who helped with the shrine awoke, surprised that you and Yunalesca had gone off. Vincent and Noel were already gone as well, shortly followed by Reno, leaving Vanitas, Ryuushin, Zero and Prompto behind. They had already dressed in their previous attire, and for some, were not too excited about the soreness that came with yesterday's overuse in aether, or injury. They sat for a long while, in silence, until Vanitas spoke.

"What are we waiting for exactly? We can leave right?"

"Take your own advice," Prompto waved him off, eyes on his phone as he lay on his stomach. "I'm going to wait for [Name] to come back."

"Namine said they're going to stay for another night. As far as we know they're off getting snacks or something," the ravenette answered, his tone bored as he grabbed his backpack from the floor, standing up. "Stay here and waste your time, I'll catch you later."

"...Why did you come?" Prompto finally asked, Vanitas stalling by the sliding door, about to leave. "If you got better things to do, why did you come? You always sound so inconvenienced coming here—"

"Alright princess," Vanitas sighed, turning around. "What's bothering you, what do you want from me?"

"I don't want anything," the blonde stood, his irritation coming through in his voice. "I-I just—"

"This is over [Name], isn't it?" Vanitas smirked, his guess hitting a nerve in Prompto, causing the blonde's mouth to twitch in annoyance. "What is it?"

"How did you remember her? No...why did YOU get to remember her!?" Prompto raised his voice, Ryuushin and Zero finally deciding to put attention to the two. "I... Namine had to tell me, what I was missing, and still... I still don't get a say in whether or not I get to have my own memories back. Yet you waltz in here, with that—that attitude, and you basically save us all last night!"

Vanitas smirked again, amused," So you're, what jealous?"

"I'm FRUSTRATED!" Prompto threw his arms in the air, hands flying to his own head, rubbing it in irritation. "I'm so, SO much more willing and I can't remember anything!"

"I can understand how you feel," Zero began, glancing over at the teen as he shifted his weight to a propped elbow," but if you rush anything, you're only going to be hurting your own psyche."

"Why are you staying, actually?" Vanitas asked him, crossing his arms.

"I... would like Yunalesca to bless me."

"You don't have any dark matter in you—"

"Zero carries the vampire gene," Ryuushin interrupted, finally speaking. "He can't always control the gene... It would help to keep him under some kind of constant."

With the answer, Zero laid down on his back once more, staring at the ceiling as he had been before. "Prompto...don't let your frustrations drag you along."

"Ugh, you're so," Vanitas hissed, irritably scratching the back of his head. He grabbed his backpack, tugging on Prompto's arm," Let's go."

"What—I—"

"We're going to get some fucking ice-cream, and you're going to have a good time." He pushed Prompto out of the room, sticking his head back around the screen of the door, jerking it towards the outside," You too, don't be left alone with your thoughts."

'Well aren't you nice?' Namine's voice rang sweetly in his head, he glancing towards the cracked room door nearby.

'Shut up Namine, get out of here.'

Zoom: A Moment's Choice

Yunalesca sighed, waiting as you grabbed your things in the room," You should have let her do what she wanted."

"What, and get her in more trouble than she already is with Kurogane?" the blonde of the two frowned. "[Name]'s momentary decisions...they might hurt her. Her confidence when we first met, it's already been hurt."

"Right, totally," the silverette nodded in agreement," but there's a difference in finding your own life, and then watching yourself get shadowed in. Do you not think that the reason would be because I don't know Namine—her identity is kind of stolen?"

"Are you implying she doesn't know who she is?"

"I'm implying that it's a lot for her to take in!" Yunalesca hissed, towering over her. "If she makes the mistake and overprovokes, who cares? She'll learn her lesson and do something else in the meantime. Getting [Name] back to who she was when she first came here is also—"

"Oh who she was?" Namine smirked, hands on her hips. "You mean the girl you kept trying to beat up? You Stella, and whoever else—she wasn't a good girl then why would she be now; why even bother saving her!? Oh, ah, wait, your sister—"

"Don't get your hot justice act in here, acting like you don't anything out of this either—you want your friends back too, right? You're not helping [Name] for nothing either!"

"I—," Namine paused, looking away. "[Name] is my friend too...you don't get the right to..." She trailed off, almost jumping when noticing you in the doorway, waiting for them to stop arguing.

"I believe in both of you," you said, almost immediately, from their jumpy reaction. "I'm using you too—so we're even, right?"

They smiled faintly, eyes apologetic, nodding in agreement.

Zoom: Today's Punishment

"You guys are real embarassing," Kurogane chided as he, Hiro, Kazuki, and Natsu came through the main door of the home. "Dropping off an offering and this is how you're going to act?"

Natsu, silent, laid himself down on the floor," I miss Namine."

"This has got to stop," the ravenette man nudged the teen with his foot. "You do any more and she does legalities, I'm not dealing with it, Natsu—[Name] is already so much to deal with this days."

"I'm sorry for what I did...but Hiro ran to Amaya—he doesn't listen to me anymore," Kazuki said, his body already hunched over in a bow, his hand shaking as he held down Hiro in the same position. "I just wanted to finish up Natsu's whole—"

"If I hear you hit Hiro again, we're going to have an issue," Kurogane answered him, pulling the child towards him by the forearm. "I have no words for you at the moment, other than why have you turned out like this?" Kazuki blinked, unmoving as his hand dropped to his side, unsure how to respond. The man continued," I don't know what you've been watching or who you've been listening to, but this behavior is out of character so heavily for you."

"...I'm sorry."

"I don't want your apologies. I want you and Natsu to get the hell out of here, and help Auron until the evening."

"I'm sorry," Kazuki repeated, grabbing Natsu by the ankle as he dragged his body towards the door once more.

P.O.V

Nero

Kyrie rushed after me not too long from me leaving the room, trying to comfort me, but I can't face her now with all my baggage out in the open—AGAIN. That sure as hell pissed me off—Vergil of all people giving me shit over something like my own choice? It was our own choice to follow [Name], and it should be our own to step down, right?

Vergil

Had I really forgotten? What did I even forget—how? I look upon Amaya, and I can't see anything further, but when I think about her, or about certain people around her, my outlook suddenly changes; it's as if I'm having the thoughts of an entirely other person.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 1.4K 7
Awakening to find myself in a world teeming with magic, dragons, and fantastical wonders was like stepping into the pages of a novel - quite literall...
34.9K 1.5K 48
[SEQUEL TO CURSEBREAKER AND FIREHEART] The gods have returned, and they are out for blood. With the Queen of Terrasen missing in action, Feyre A...
196K 15.2K 51
{COMPLETED} The stars disappeared seventeen years ago. A black night sky has mirrored a bleak existence for the people of Auros. The Gifted, humans w...
133 33 35
He disappeared several years prior, through that narrow crevasse left of the old tower of Higard. Proferring peace to the enemies of the old empire...