GAMES BY DIM LIGHT || Mature...

By MireyaZachani

Sixteen years ago, Melanie was supposed to be crashing a party on her birthday with her friend. It was a week... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24.
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
Author's Note
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
Author's Note
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
Note Of Thanks

CHAPTER 41

254 46 2
By MireyaZachani

Melanie's POV

By the time it was two days later, I was smiling like an idiot seeing that my son is awake. And although he's still in pain from the stitches, it's okay as long as he's alive and well.

Two days has been hell for me. I hardly had time for myself and the project had been suspended till I can get back to it which is a big I DON'T KNOW for me.

Derrick and his siblings and friends have been of great help. Although, they've been helpful that doesn't mean I'm considering giving them a chance. But for AJ and I?
I must say, she has warmed her way back into my heart again.

The door opened and I smiled when she stepped in, with a big smile on her face. She's very fond of TJ. Even before we had problems, she had been the closest amongst her siblings. That's if you won't be counting Derrick.

"Someone is smiling today."
She said to me.

I grinned and then laughed.
"Hey, AJ."

She gave me a warm hug and turned to TJ who was already asleep. "How is he?"

I shrugged. "Okay. He is already taking pap very well compared to yesterday. At least, that's a great improvement."

"Yeah, it is." She said, nodding. She looked up at me. "How are you? I know you haven't had a good rest since the surgery. Which is why I'm staying here today so you can have a good rest."

"I have rested, madam." I teased, rolling my eyes. "Aunt Bertha came here this morning and so I went home to freshen up. Besides, Derrick stays at night too."

"Yep, he does, but you don't go home when he comes. Speaking of him, he came with me. Actually, he wanted to find a better parking space."

I nodded. Not that I was going to ask her though. Okay, I was going to ask her. Derrick and I haven't talked about the little problem we are having and I'm guessing, its because of TJ.

"How is it going with the both of you?"
She suddenly asked.

I shrugged. "I don't want to talk about the both of us, AJ. It is not going to work, no matter what."

"So, there's no hope."
She asked.

I sighed. Is there hope? How do I pretend that he didn't rape me? How do I look him in the eyes and say I love him and not have flashbacks of what he did to me. Hope for both us, is actually a long way to go.

I shook my head. "Nah. I can't do it with him."

AJ seemed disappointed. "Mel, there's something you should know. I have to tell you about. . ."

The door opened and we both look up at Derrick who walked in. He walks up to ma and places a small kiss at the top of my head.

Wow. That's. . . Shut up, Melanie!

I shook my head as if to shake off the spell and smoke up at him. A stiff smile.

"How are you?"
He asked.

We've seen each other today. I wonder why he's asking how I am now?

Because he's being sweet!

Melanie Okoye! Shebi u don start?!

"I'm good."

~•°•~

Derrick's POV

Drinking seemed like the best option for me and so, I went to the club for a glass of drink. I told myself, it was just one glass.

But who goes to the club for just one glass of drink?

I ended up having two, then three, the four and unfortunately, it ended at seven, if Lucas hadn't stopped me and called me a coward and a bastard.

I wonder how Lucas and I ended up getting so fucking close that he happens to he the person I get to when I need to talk to someone. And maybe because he's a good listener.

And I need a good listener.

Lucas would have been the first face to punch if I felt so fucking frustrated but he happened to be one fucking best buddy.

"I told you not to drink too much. Now, what to we do with you?"
Lucas said to me.

I smiled at him like a doll. "Do whatever you want."
I said to him.

"Trust me, that's what I've been dying to do with you for years. Whatever I want would be to punch you till you lose your breath. But I'm not a murderer and Melanie will have my hide."

I smiled at that one.
"I don't think she will mind. She hates my guts."

He shrugged. "Well, then I like keeping kids with their fathers."

I chuckled. "Are you searching for excuses to kill me? Try an asshole."

"You're more than that. That's how much I love you."

"You're not my type."
I said and tried to stand up. Too fast. Bad idea. My head gave me a start and I blinked, shaking my head, trying to clear my blurred vision.

Another dick move. My head throbbed.
Fuck.

Lucas sighed and cursed. He pulled out his cellphone and made a quick call. I wasn't actually getting his words as I was too focused on stopping my head from falling off my shoulders.

"I have to leave here."
I murmured and stood up. I swayed again and Lucas caught me.

"Do you mind? I don't know if Tammy is at my place and it won't seem good if she has to smell alcohol on me tonight."

"Tell her you were with your best buddy."
I said and laughed.

"Yeah. Indeed."
He muttered.

I sighed and looked up at him. "Don't give me that look. I know what you want to say. Don't say it."

"Wasn't planning on it."  He said and shook his head.

"Was it this hard with Tammy?"

"Worse."
He said.

I nodded. "Now, I feel like a dick."

"You would know how a dick feels. You have one."
He said and shrugged.

"Who did you call?"

"Someone who can put you in your place."

I laughed. "That's funny because, the only person who can put me in my place is Melanie. And she hates my guts."

"Actually, I would slap your ass instead of hating your guts."
I heard the female voice and turned around.

My alcohol was taking effect. A bad effect. I was beginning to hallucinate.
I looked up at Lucas and he shrugged.

The traitor.

"You called her?"
I asked.

"What in the world were you thinking to get drunk like this, Derrick? There's TJ who's still in the hospital and now I had to deal with a drunk dad too?"

"Drunk baby daddy."
I said and smiled.

"Ugh!" She said and rolled her eyes. "Thanks, Lucas." She muttered and pulled me up on my wobbly feet.

I managed with her as we both made it outside and me wondering why Lucas had to call Melanie instead of just driving me home himself. Melanie can't even drive my car.

"Why did you even pick his call anyway? You want us to fly home? Did you bring a broom?"

She looked down at me. "Don't when joke. I still have a free hand to slap you."
She said to me.

I smiled. I'm glad I have her sassy side with me tonight instead of the moody one who doesn't want anything to do with me.

She had other plans. She stopped a taxi and gave us a ride home, called Jamal to come get my car and practically dragged me all the way to my bedroom, cursing of course.

We both fell on the bed, with her trying to get me in bed. I gave her a smile and a sigh of relief.

She pushed away from my chest, sat at the edge of the he'd and pulled up my leg, yanking t my shoe to let go.

Melanie's POV

Why he would go and get himself drunk. No, not just drunk, this drunk, was beyond me.

I cursed and scolded and I pulled at his other shoe to let go. It finally obliged and his leg fell back on the rug.

I walked into his closet, dropped the shoes and searched for something for him to change into. Finally satisfied with a sweat pant, knowing how he loves to go to bed shirtless, I left the room into his bedroom only to find that he wasn't there.

I heard retching in the toilet and rolled my eyes.

"That's the payback for being stupidly drunk."
I said out loud to his hearing.

He didn't mind as he was so connected with his ritual with the toilet bowl, that he either completely ignored me or just didn't hear me from all the noise he was making.

I sucked in my breath and fought with the urge to walk over to him and pat his back.

I failed.

My kegs betrayed me and sooner, I was already giving him a pat on the back like a ten year old.

He rinsed his mouth and slid down to the floor of the bathroom with a foolish grin on his face.

"Do, you feel at peace with yourself?"
I asked.

He nodded. Then in a split second, he winced.

"I hope that's a hangover. Because as much as I would like to sympathise with you, I would love to see you wince more. Then, next time you won't drink this much."
I told him.

He tried to help himself up and I sighed, rolled my eyes and helped him up because no matter what, I still have that soft spot for him.

After a few struggles here and there, I was able to get him out of his shirt and heaved a sigh.

He pulled me down on my way to the small basket in the bathroom. I yelped and fell back against his chest.

He looked down at me such that his lashes were practically fanning his cheeks. The same lashes TJ has.

"I feel better when you're with me, Melanie."
He said to me.

"Felling better now, I guess."
I said, trying to pull away from him.

He laughed. "Relax. Last I checked, I don't bite."

"Nope. You do more than that."
I said, trying to push away from him.
His grip was strong.

He smiled. "What? I eat you? If that's what you mean then, I guess you're right."
He said in almost a whisper.

I paused. Blinked. And my jaw dropped.

"Truth is; you enjoy it when I do it. Don't you?"
He said again. This time it was a whisper.

A seductive whisper.  I blinked. This is just my hormones trying to get me to regret my actions by tomorrow morning. I told myself.

But his hands were doing more than my hormones right now. He brushed his hands against my cheeks and looked at my eyes.

"I love you, Melanie. I love you so fucking much, it hurts me when you push me away."

I swallowed hard. "You're not thinking straight. You'll get better by the morning."
I said, pushing away from him again. But this time, he wrapped his arms around me.

And the annoying part of it all was that I was stupidly letting him.

This isn't right. I told myself.

But I failed again. I failed when I let his eyes look deep into mine. I failed when I let him pull me close. And I failed more than ever when I let his lips cover mine.

Please, don't forget to vote and comment.
Love,
Mireya💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.5K 5K 26
Published on the 12th of November, 2018. What the fuck! Can't you watch where you're going?? You almost injured me!" I said dusting my skirt and tryi...
300K 6.4K 52
Ethan Lane was your typical player. He was smooth, handsome, manly, successful and a total chick magnet. Women loved him and men wanted to be him. He...
26.5K 593 33
My life was a whirlwind of privilege and innocence until everything changed. As the only child of wealthy parents, I'd always had everything I needed...
35.5K 7.6K 60
"Jace stop"I murmured in between his lips. "Michelle,It has always been you"Jace whispered. "Please stop,love isn't real in your world so why now...