GAMES BY DIM LIGHT || Mature...

By MireyaZachani

Sixteen years ago, Melanie was supposed to be crashing a party on her birthday with her friend. It was a week... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24.
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
Author's Note
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
Author's Note
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
Note Of Thanks

CHAPTER 39

238 43 1
By MireyaZachani

Lala's POV

One thing my mama always told me was that sometimes we don't always get what we wish for. It happens. Sometimes, it doesn't.

Here, I am sitting opposite Kendrick and he's looking at me like a lost puppy. Honestly, we don't always get what we wish for.

I'm sure he never wished to be sitting across from me like this ever. But then he didn't get his wish. But I got mine.

After that incident with Jenna, all he has ever done was to chase me around the city like a cop searching for a fugitive.

And I've given him the best chase, until he arrived at my dorm unannounced and clearly swept my roommates off their feet and I'm sure he was unaware of that. But me being the one to notice it had to go with him. I don't know why but I think it had something to do with one of my roommates telling her friend that if I refuse to go with him, she will definitely track him down and date him.

It got me thinking about the bony wasted Lady he went to the club with the other night and I found myself in his car and driving down here.

I took in my surrounding and gave a mental thumbs up at his choice of restaurant. The setting reminded me of the first night he asked me to be his girlfriend.

It was right here.

"Like the view?"
He asked.

I turned to him and shrugged. "I've seen better."

He chuckled. "See, that's the problem. You haven't."
He said.

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "You came to my dorm unannounced and brought me here. Why?"

"I wanted us to talk. Apparently, you have been giving me a good chase, Layette. But, it bothers me because you don't give him a good chase. Do you?"

"Who are we talking about?"

"Herbert or whatever he's called."

Herbert?
I frowned. Who's Herbert?

"The tall dude you brought to Derrick's the other night."
He pointed out.

"Heart. You mean Heart."

"Right. Whatever. I don't like it when you give him what belongs to me."

"You're a bastard, Kendrick. Whatever it is you think belongs to you, must be the stick hanging between your legs that has no control."

I stared him straight in the eyes and waited for him to get annoyed. He hates it when his d**k is being referred to as 'stick'. Childish, huh?

I know, right?

He sighed and shook his head. "I want you, Lala. I want you back."

"What happened to the bony structure you went to the club with? Too straight for you?"

"She meant nothing to me."

"Right. After the hot tumble in bed, she will surely mean nothing to you. Who am I kidding?"
I said and laughed. Painfully.

You see, guys like Kendrick? When they break up with you, it doesn't take them long to come crying back like a baby for you to take them back. All they need is a little treatment. Show them how better you have been without them. Look smoking sexy all the time and hang out with a guy you know is obviously a dish and they'll cry back to you.

At least I learnt that from Melanie long ago. Back in highschool. When my first boyfriend broke my heart.

"Lala, I messed up."

"Clearly. I don't have time for this right now, Ken. I have lectures to attend and I'm kind of reading for exams
So, if you don't mind..."

My cellphone rang, cutting me off.

"Mell, what's up?"
I said, thanking my stars that I got a little distraction.

I paused and my heart beat increased. "What? Where?"
I said on my way towards the door. I had totally forgotten that Ken was coming after me.

"Let me drive you."
He said, pulling me back to face him. I looked at him, shock written all over my face and clearly not understanding what he just said.

He cursed and pulled me into his car. "What happened?" He asked.

~•°•~

LUCAS' POV

"You're making the biggest mistake of your life!"
I yelled at him. But he only smiled at me then laughed like a lunatic.

He looked like one thought. For someone who was obviously wasted .
I turned to his girl. Or rather, his lover.

She was also smiling. They looked at each other and laughed out loud like they had shared a joke and I was completely lost.

"You have always been a selfish bitch. This whole thing will backfire, trust me."

"Says the same bad guy who doesn't care about anyone's feelings."
She said to me.

"He actually doesn't. Since he boned his best friend."
He said and they both laughed at me.

"Sam, tell her its all stupid. This whole stupid plan will back fire. Derrick doesn't need that kind of plan. He will skin you alive."
I told Sam. But the man was too wasted with the young teenager to even bother about what I was saying.
But I was saying the truth. I knew I was saying the truth. Whenever I have a hunch, it never fails.

"It is just a game, Lucas. Come on, you will enjoy it."
She said and laughed.

I have always hated AJ from the start. She has always been bad news. Knowing what I did to Tammy, all she's ever done was use Tammy to satisfy her sexual urges. Sleeping with her fellow girl instead of helping her.

"She will never know the truth, Lucas. She's just a stranger. She will never know who did it. Unless, you want to tell her how you found her."
AJ said.

Spoken like the bitch that she is. She officially has me trapped now. How do I tell the girl the truth without putting myself on the line?

"All you have to do, is go in there and have your share, man. Do it fast because, this big daddy down here needs to go too."
Same said and laughed.

AJ laughed along with him. I shook  my head about to say something but, Sam pushed me into the dark room which smelled only of sex, sweat and blood.

"Give me what he has."
A voice broke into my thoughts and I turned around to find Derrick sitting beside me.

I sighed and shook my head. "This should be a first. Do I have to guard myself?"
I asked.

He shook his head. "Don't flatter yourself. I wasn't looking for you."

"Right. Yet you're here beside me. I think I should."

"How's, it going with Tammy?"
He asked and nodded towards the bartender who delivered his drink.

I shrugged. "Definitely better than you and Melanie."

He shot me a cold stare.

We drank in silence. I felt sorry for the dude. He shouldn't be allowed to suffer this much with Melanie. But then, I know Melanie to be as stubborn as Tammy. Or more. And she won't forgive him so easily.

"Wish you had told her the truth."
I said.

"I don't. I still would have list her anyways."

"You lost her more than you should. Even worse."
I told him.

He sighed. "Have you been able to talk to her?"

I shrugged. "Sometimes. You're not the only one she's avoiding."

And that was the truth. She's been avoiding me too. That was the painful truth. She shouldn't be avoiding me. I know she's talking to Tammy now.

"It shouldn't have gotten this far, Lucas. I love her. Hell, I've never loved anyone like it do right now. And yet I love her. It had to be her."

"Karma is a bitch, isn't it? You don't expect her to fall back into your arms, Derrick. You're the reason she nearly died."

"And you think I don't know that?"
He snapped.

Another silence.

"Have you asked yourself, what if it wasn't your fault?"

He sighed. "It was my fault, Lucas. I was stupidly drunk because it was my fucking birthday and I felt like being an ass."

"But what of it wasn't?"
I repeated.

He turned to me with a frown.
"What do you mean by that?"

"Ask AJ what I mean by that?"

"She's not the one giving my parables." He said and turned fully to me.

His cellphone rang as soon as mine rang and we both gave a silent curse and picked the receiver.
"Tammy, what's up, babe?"
I asked. I heard him call his sister's name so I knew she called him.

I looked up at Derrick. "Yeah, he's here with me. What's up?"

"What happened?"
Derrick asked the other line.

The shock I saw on Derrick's face must have mirrored mine, because we were both out of the bar in a blink and zooming out of the area.

Please, don't forget to vote and comment.
Love,
Mireya💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 300 39
𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙛𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙖 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙖 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙤𝙠𝙚 𝙪𝙥 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙮𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙮 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚...
23.5K 308 24
Everything about 17 year old Zoe Martin screamed goody-two shoes. From her pristine auburn hair to her designers shoes. She was every teacher's pet...
7.5K 551 68
A complete blackout had occurred to me while I lay down almost lifeless at the school's hallway. The smell of blood, the sight of blood made my cries...
18.6K 4.6K 41
{COMPLETED} "This is the sequel to The Wrong Crowd." "I have not broken your heart - you have broken it; and in breaking it, you have broken mine."...