Last Summer - A Cameron Boyce...

By DawnOfSkye

"What's the point in life if you don't take risks, right?" Harley is the only girl who isn't head over heels... More

Prologue
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.

Chapter 13.

1K 34 27
By DawnOfSkye

The next day, I wake up awfully late hoping everything from yesterday was just a dream, until i'm completely dressed & come to the terms that it wasn't.
Jess isn't in the room so I can get a lot done, just on my own without distractions.

My leg still hurts a lot but I still manage to at least do a little walking around the room, i've gotten used to this cast.

I pull out one of my books from my bag & decide to read it, I get comfortable on my bed with my back against the wall & my legs forward to read. I have a feeling i'm going to be in this room for a really long time because I can't walk anywhere else.

I open the book & end up reading 2 chapters until I hear a knock on my window.

Who would knock on the window? we're like a whole floor up.

I look over to see Cameron waving at me to open it.

He appears to be standing on a swing stage. I get so much anxiety just by looking at him.

I quickly run over to the window & slide it up. "What are you doing here?" I make room for him to come in even though I know it's a bad idea but I can't watch him stand on...that.

He smoothly jumps into the room from the swing stage. "I came to see how you were doing".

I smile as walks around the room to sit on Jess' bed.

"I'm fine, really!" I reply.

He raises his eyebrow at me & smirks, knowing i'm lying.

I go to sit back on my bed & wimper in pain as I do so & he notices.
"Oh...hey...here let me" he runs over to my bed & slightly lifts my leg so I don't feel any pain & places it back down while i'm in a comfortable position.

When I turn to face him, I realize how close we are & he notices too so he changes the subject out of awkward silence.
"So...how did telling your brother go?"

"It didn't...go" I reply.

He jumps up in shock. "What? why?!"

"She's just too evil..."

He chuckles a little thinking i'm not being that serious. "What can she possibly do to you that makes you not want to tell your own brother?"

I look down avoiding eye contact. "She...has pictures...of us hanging out...ya know, she's the one who sent the first pics out in the first place?"

Cameron rolls his eyes a little & sighs while having a tiny smile. "So? it's just pictures isn't it?"

How can he be so calm about this? i'm going out of my freaking mind thinking about what would happen if those pictures ever get out.

"You don't get it. She's going to spread them all over the world if I tell my brother. This can affect your career..." I tell him.

"I don't care about my career right now Harley, she's clearly threatening you, if you don't tell your brother now...things could get worse..." he replies.

My voice goes low. "There's something else too..."

He looks at me concerned, hoping it's not as bad as I put it out to be.

"She's going to...make my family think i'm...crazy...so she's just a little bit closer to sending me off to a hospital for troubled kids...& if I cross the line, she's just that much closer..."

Cameron looks a little angry.
"How can a human treat someone like that? it makes no sense, something has to be wrong with her mindset...did you ever look into her past history?" he asks.

"She's my brothers girlfriend...not my dog" I sarcastically reply which causes him to chuckle a little, trying to hide it.

But maybe he's right, I should look into her past history, I mean someone has to be really hurt in the head to act this way.

I try to get up to use the washroom but the pain in my leg is to much to handle that I end up tripping over my leg but luckily, Cameron stands up just in time to catch me.
He grabs me by the shoulders & his face is hovering over me, causing at least 30 seconds of silence.
"We need to get you a wheel chair" he randomly blurts out, making eye contact.

I nod & let out a little "hmm" & he chuckles & puts me back on my feet, while holding my hip & shoulder so I don't put pressure on my left leg.

He walks over to the door & gestures me to come.

"Oh you mean right now?" I ask.

He lets out a little snort & I follow him out into the hall.

While we walk to the elavtor, he jokes around with me, knowing I can't run.

"So what were you reading before I came into your room?" he asks while we're in the elevator waiting for it to go down.

"Hmm? oh I don't even remember...probably the manual for my suitcase" I joke & he laughs. "Seriously though, I was reading The lord of the rings, thought i'd give it a try...kind of bored me though".

He chuckles a little as the elevator opens.

When we walk outside, I realize that I don't see any of my family members in sight, now that I think about it, I haven't see them since I woke up & Jess always comes in & out of the room. Where could they be?

"C'mon" Cameron says, walking towards the door.

I think he's forgetting that I can't be that fast...I mean hello! I have a broken leg. He turns around & realizes how slow I am.

"Do you want me to carry you?" he asks.

"No. I'm good. Just please don't be walking to quickly, I hate to have to try to catch up". I whine.

He smiles & agrees & walks by my side, holding onto my waist from time to time.

We make it to the street in one piece & he starts walking to the oppossite direction of the side we normally go on which is weird for me, i've never been on this side of the street yet.

On our way, he sees a small coffee shop & goes in to grab us both a cup of coffee & swears they have the best type of coffee here.
While he's in there, I watch him from outside the window when I hear a familiar sound of laughter. I walk over some bushes to see my entire family on a table, with Rose.
They're all laughing, having fun, talking & all without me. I feel so hurt that they didn't even wake me up & ask if I wanted to join them.
I watch as they all hang out together & at this moment, I don't even feel apart of this family.

Cameron walks back out with a smile on his face. "Hey".
He frowns as soon as he sees how sad I look. "What's wrong?"

I don't say anything, I just continue to look at my family having the time of their lives.
Cameron comes beside me & looks at the same direction i'm looking & finally catches on.
"Oh".

"They're having fun...without me..." I finally say.

Cameron tries to cheer me up. "That's not true, they don't know what Rose is capable of yet".

Somehow Cameron's words do cheer me up because he's right, they don't know...but will they ever know?

My leg suddenly feels numb & I clasp onto the ground.
All I can hear before my eyes shutting closed is Cameron yelling "Harley!"

...

I wake up to the sound of beebing. I look around to notice my surroundings & realize i'm in a hospital.

I look up & see my parents, Logan, Jess & Rose all sitting in front of me.

My mom looks happy to see that i'm awake.

"W-what happened?" I ask.

"Honey, you collapsed" my mom sobs. "Your leg was worst than you thought".

I turn over to see a wheel chair beside me.
"W-here that c-come from?"

"Some guy left it for you, the nurses said he bought you in here too. Care to tell us who?" Jess blurts out.

"He only had his intials on the sign out sheet. CB." Logan adds.

I love how Cameron was the one to bring me in here & not my family. Pain rushes through my leg as I remember what I saw right before I collapsed & I wimper.

"Aw she's hurting, let me help her adjust!" I hear Rose say.
When she comes closer, I become frightned. Seeing her familar face sends me shivers & as she goes to fix my pillow, I can't help but scream like a maniac.
"NO! NO! NO! GET AWAY FROM ME!"
I try to come forward but i'm stuck to the bed.

Rose pretends to get scared & says "Oh, i'm so sorry, did I do something wrong? I didn't mean to. Please don't hate me!"

"Rose, honey, nobody hates you" my mom smiles to her.

I guess she got what she wanted. Everybody sees me as the psychopath while everyone sees her as the goody two shoes that's perfect for my brother.

"Maybe we should all leave the room & let her get some rest" My dad suggests.

I really hope my parents aren't under the impression that I need mental therapy in a hospital, i'm completely fine but with Rose around, they can't see that.

I hear the door open, thinking it's either my mom, dad, Logan, Jess or Rose coming back in, but I get relieved at the fact that it's Cameron.

"Hey" he whispers.

"Hey" I reply back.

"Hows the leg?" he asks.

I roll my eyes. "Well...the leg's terrible, my life's terrible, everything's terrible!" I half shout, half whisper.

"Hey, hey, hey! calm down, it's going to be ok. There's no way in hell you're staying at a hospital for troubled kids with a witness right here" he smirks.
I can tell he feels my anger & doesn't say anything about it. He starts making jokes to make me feel better.

He signs my cast with a very bright colour to see through the blackness of it written "CB" with a heart beside it before he exits the room.

Jess walks in just 3 minutes after, holding coffee while chewing something, looking at my cast.
"CB?! he was just here?" she looks back out the door & back to me.

I don't want to tell her who CB is because I know she'll freak out but at least he's one of the few people who actually gets me & understands me.

A couple hours of me sitting on this bed, my mom finally comes in & says "Ok honey, good news. You're free to go. Your tests came back positive but you have to put some ointment on your ankle every night before bed to be safe".

My mom & brother help me up from the bed & onto the wheel chair Cameron left for me while Rose gives me a death stare.
I bet she thought for sure that my parents were going to put me in a mental insitution right here but at least this gives me some more time.

When we arrive back to the hotel, Logan takes control of the wheel chair & takes me all the way upstairs through the elavator while Jess goes to the pool, my parents hit & the bar & who knows what Rose is doing.

When Logan opens my room door, he rolls me in there & says he has something to tell me. I get kind of scared but let him talk anyway.

"Ok...I know this seems kind of sudden...but I know what I want..." he grabs a small case from his coat pocket & opens it. It's a ring. "I'm gonna ask Rose to marry me, what do you think?"
My heart literally drops.

He looks so happy & I know I shouldn't but I can't stop myself. "Logan, no. You can't, please listen to me!"

He looks at me with disapointment in his eyes & closes the small ring shaped box to place back into his coat. "I'm sorry? I thought you of all the people in the world would be the most happy for me".

I try to compromise with him. "No, Logan believe me, I would be so happy for you if it were anyone else but Rose...you just don't get what she's capable of".

Logan backs away from me. "She was right about you, she said she tried to be your friend but you dodged her, she tried to give you a glass of water which I, by the way told her to bring up for you but you spilled it right in front of her face, she tried be kind to you but you told her off & told her to leave. I thought she was just lying because you're my sister, you would never do that but your words & actions today prove otherwise".

I can almost feel the tears coming out of my eyelids. My brother, my own flesh & blood really believes his girlfriend instead of his own sister? Summer was suppose to be epic for me, I had it all planned out but here I am, stuck in this position. My brother's never going to believe me now & don't think I can try telling him again so I just drop it & let Rose do the damage.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

604K 14.7K 34
Diana Featherington is the only child of the younger brother of the Baron Featherington. With the passing of both parents Diana has lived with the Ba...
241K 6K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
Fake love By :)

Fanfiction

110K 2.6K 41
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
453K 16.2K 94
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...