A Dragon's Tale #Watty's2015

By Tyro619

The year is 1999. Marine, John Alex Mason, friend Hudson James Weaver and brother Issac Tyler Mason, are on... More

In The Begining
Rescue
Final Moments
Unchartted Territory
Fresh Start
Trigger
The Flashback
A Christmas to Remember
A Day Alone
Kidnapped
The Ring
Hudson
Blades, Glory, Machine Guns And Old Friends
Backstories
The Job
Going In Hot
Together Again
Back In Time
The Draconian Resistance
Syralth and Tesselth
Turn Of Events-Part 1
Turn Of Events-Part 2
Turn Of Events-Part 3
The Morning After
Hide And Seek
Shattered Lives
Lone Survivor
Square Peg, Round Hole
Letters
Romeo Headquarters
Settling In
The Informant
A Vision From Hell
The Next Morning
Roots
Humanity
Yemen
Ghost Stories
Range Day
Night Out
Magnificence
Factory Spec
Down Time
Stock Destruction
Unwelcome Discovery
San Francisco
Lost City
Taro's Sacrifice
Shadow's Revelation
2:00 AM
Daggers
The Hunt Begins
A Long Day
Rain
The Past
Leads
Germany
A Matter Of Taste
Info Wars
Down To The Jungle
A Horrible Plan
Two Brothers
The Tide Of War
Pain
Revelations
Broken Steel
Truths
Reality Check
Another Loss
Heavy Metal
Set Sail
Republic Of Romeo Vs. The United States Of America
The Final Chapter
A Note For The Readers

Back In The Game

411 16 7
By Tyro619

It took a few weeks for us to recover from the trauma of the ring. To be honest, it would stay with us for the rest of our lives, it was just one of those things that never really leaves you. Tyson had become a part of the family in those weeks and it got to the point where I began to wonder what life was like without him. Ace and the others had attached him as there little brother and Adelind and I had come to love him as our own. One morning, we were all woken up as the door clicked open and Hudson walked in. He was wearing a white shirt and brown cargo shorts with his combat boots and his B32R strapped to his leg. Just taking it easy I guess. He had ear buds shoved in his ears and was blaring Three Days Grace Expectations.

"John get your lazy tail outta bed right now", he ordered.

"Yeah, yeah", I said, "gimme a minute, meet you at the mess hall?"

"New body",Hudson said, "same old Johnathan."

"Pff", I said, "go away."

Hudson smiled at me and left the room. I lay my head between my paws and was drifting back to sleep when Adelind licked my cheek.

"Morning my love", she whispered, "did you sleep well."

I smiled and returned her lick, "I did."

"So are you happy to see your old friends again?", Adelind asked.

I smiled, "course I am, there every bit the Marines I remember."

"What's a Marine?", Helix asked with a yawn.

I laughed and picked her up by her tail and set her between my paws.

"A Marine is a solider who does land and water based missions sweetheart", I said licking the top of her head.

"Cool", she said.

"I want in the Draco Project when I get older", Ace said.

"Me too", Dusk said.

I smiled. I was happy that my kids wanted to follow in my footsteps one day. In worried about them ending up in combat, and possibly hurt, but it is what it is I guess.

"Hudson said to meet him at the mess hall", I said standing, "let's go before he blows a fuse."

Adelind picked up the kids and we walked to the mess hall. As we exited the infirmary, all the memories I had of Firebase Charlie came rushing back. I could see a few old friends out in around and the base was just as intimidating now as it was back in '99. The six guard towers stood over watching the entire base, the men within them ready night and day. The six 200mm cannons stood tall and proud, ready to annihilate any threat their crews spotted. The hangers were playing host to the Warthogs of the pilots stationed here and a lone Predator drone resided in the back, being a loner suited it perfectly. The HQ building stood in the path of the sunlight and the basketball court and the wash room at each of it's sides.

When we arrived at the mess hall, Hudson was standing in the door way with Wyatt and Issac, talking with a short, skinny Hispanic man with brown hair and eyes.

"Hey Corey?", I asked, "remember me?"

Corey looked at me for a minute, then smiled widely, "your an ass John, you know that right?"

"Talk to the paw", I said hugging him.

He glanced over at Adelind and bowed slightly, "Mam."

Adelind blushed.

"She yours?", Corey asked.

Adelind's cheeks went red.

I smiled and warped a wing around my mate, "all mine."

"Good seeing you brother", Corey said, "been far too long."

"Likewise", I said as we walked inside.

As I remembered, the mess hall was chaotic. Back in '99, this place was full of Marines, now it was playing host to Marines and dragons of all colors and shapes. Shadow, his mate Nina, and his buddy Cloud were laying in the back waiting for us. I was coming to like the red and blue Arctic dragon and his friends, almost like Hudson and the others.

Nina was a smokey gray dragon with gold markings down her back and legs. She had two, backwards facing horns coming out of the top of her head that matched her scales and her blue eyes. Her wings were about 72 feet long when fully open and like Shadow's, the membrane was connected at her shoulders, rather than all the way down her back and at her rear legs.

Cloud was a bright blue dragon who was about eight feet tall and thirty two feet long. He had four horns coming out of the back of his head and his hears placed between them. He had a long green stripe running down his back. His wings were like Shadow and Nina's, being connected at his shoulders. He was real sweet and Ace and the others loved hanging around him, since he would often cause trouble with them when ever they got bored. And you know what? It had been a looong time since I'd seen him. The last time we had talked was after the entire East Coast fell to what the Draco brass thought was the same people who nuked New York when Shadow and I were greenhorns. To this day I still think that Taro new something he took to his grave.

"Hey Tyro", Shadow said, "brought your little gremlins I see."

"We are not gremlins!", Helix barked.

Shadow feigned surprise, "yes mam."

I laughed I lay down in front of him, "At least I have gremlins to bring with me."

"Daddy!", Helix whined.

I laughed and licked my daughter between her ears.

"I hope we don't have a daughter", Shadow remarked.

Nina thumped him with her tail, "something wrong with females?"

Shadow looked at her, "no...."

Nina laughed and thumped him again, "your full of it."

Our breakfast came and we all dug in. The meat was better than what we ate back home. It had a melt in your mouth quality to it and I almost didn't need to chew it, but did anyway, just to keep it in my mouth longer because it was that good. After breakfast I gave Adelind a goodbye kiss and grabbed my old Mk-48 and headed for the armory to get a vest fixed up for me. Hudson had explained since I was already a veteran, General Jackson had pulled a few strings and get to pick out what I wanted based on my battlefield experience. It had been way too long since I'd had anything to do with the project.

The armorer for the dragons was an older, Russian guy named X, I'd been told it wasn't his real name, but for some reason every dragon I'd talked to about him called him X, so that's what stuck with me. His shop smelled of burning gun powder and freshly welded metal, a smell I had missed. X looked up from his welder and smiled at me.

"You must be Tyro", he said in a thick Russian accent, you are quite a large one yes?"

I set my old 48 at my paws, "I've been told I'm allowed to build a custom vest?"

"Ahh yes", X replied tossing off his thick leather gloves, "I got that memo."

He led me into a back room that different vests hanging on a wall that had weapons on them ranging from a belt converted M16 to a large, 105mm Howitzer.

"Tech has come a long way since I was  18", I said, "gimme the 105 for a primary weapon, with the Mk-19 vest as a platform and my old Mk-48 as a secondary."

"Okay", X said, "I'll need about ten minutes."

I stepped outside as X worked. Not even ten minutes he, called me back in. My desert tan vest was sitting on a table with my 48 and the large cannon bolted to it.

"Very nice", I said admiring it, "guess I'm off to the range."

I slipped the vest on and walked outside where I boarded an old Deuce with three other dragons headed for the range. They were all real young looking, I guessed the oldest there was a male who seemed to be about 16.

He was a olive drab green Jungle dragon who was about seven feet tall and twenty four feet long. He had bright blue eyes and two, dark gray horns jutting out of the top of his head. His crest was short and spiky, reminding me of my Mom's. His chest plates were also situated like my my Mom's. A smile was glued to his muzzle and his eyes said he was happy.

The dragon next to him looked to be about 11. He was an Arctic dragon who was about eight feet long and about thirty two feet long. He had blue body scales and a white underbelly and was covered in white markings. His bright aquamarine eyes stood out against his blue and white scales like black and white. His crest was short and spiky like the other male's. Unlike his friend, this dragon looked scared to death.

The one next to him, a female, seemed a year younger. She was about the same size as the Jungle dragon. She had pink body scales and a bright blue underbelly with blue markings in the same place as the Arctic male. Her eyes were a bright green color and they mixed perfectly with her pink scales. Her crest resembled feathers. She was an Oceanic Dragon, as they were the only dragons who could have pink any where on their bodies.

"You okay kid?", I asked looking at the blue male.

"Yeah", he replied, "just a little scared is all."

"We all are", the green one replied.

"What are your names?", I asked.

"I'm Ator", the green one said, "that's Valstrath and Vezoth."

"I'm Tyro Serelath", I replied him.

"Oh", he replied, "your Major Tyro, your pulling rank on all of us sir, why are you here?"

"Same reason you are", I replied, "to learn how to shoot."

He looked confused, "I've heard you were in combat in the 90s, and that you were at the East Coast when that shit went down, how can you not shoot?"

I laughed, "it's a long, complicated story full of so many, twists, explosions and gunfights, you wouldn't be interested."

Ator's ears flopped against his neck, "no, really, I would."

"It's a story for another day anyways", I replied, "if you guys are worried about training, I can honestly tell you you don't have anything to worry about."

"You sound like you've done this before", Val said quietly.

"This my second go", I replied, "I spent a long time in the Marines when I was a human."

"What can we expect?", Ator asked, "I mean for weapons training?"

 "Lot's of screaming", I said, "at least at first. Just do what the Sarge tells ya and you'll be fine."

 For me, Basic, though it was rough, was the best experience of my life. Our drill Sargent Alex and Hudson were constantly going at it and Hudson won a lot, which made us all suffer. Alex could be a bit of a jerk at times, but the man made Marines, good ones. Alex would also pull pranks with us on off days, the most memorable being the cherry bomb in a bottle of slime in Holland's private restroom. Alex was particularly proud of that one. The truck jerked to a stop, which made the others jump a bit and stirred me from my thoughts. A man came around and un did the tail gate.

 "Did you all have a nice ride?", he asked sarcasticly.

 "Yes sir", Val answered.

 "Then get your smelly lizard asses the hell outta' my truck!"

 Ator, Val and Vez hopped out of the truck as I stretched a bit.

 "Did you not hear me?", the man barked, "get your ass outta' my Deuce!"

I just looked at him, "your talking to a superior Private, show some discipline."

He looked at me, then saw the Major's Leaf that clung to the collar of my vest. He instantly straightened up and saluted me.

"As you were", I said hopping out of the truck.

I went and stood in line with about fifty other dragons as four trucks pulled up. Hudson and Issac hopped out of one and a dingy looking blue and yellow dragon climbed out of another. He was a younger adult Oceanic, appearing to be about 70 some years old. He was wearing a Rocardo 20mm LRR with a Captain's symbol and I could tell just by the way he carried himself that he was a hard CO and one who wasn't going to take garbage even from his higher ups, IE me.

"Today we will start weapons training", he said observing the crowd of recruits, a wave of whispering went trough the dragons in the crowd.

"I know what your all thinking", he said, "how does a dragon use a weapon?"

He let off two shots from his 20mm, causing everyone but me to jump back.

"That's how,he said with a smirk. When you go into combat,you will be equipped with one of twelve weapons system, one of seven standard, or five special. All of the vests are equipped with an M249 SAW and one you will all learn to specialize in. All vests are equipped with gyroscopic sensors, similar to that of the AA 87 Apache Longbow MK 4, which means the gun will follow you where ever you point your head. Observe."

 The Cap looked at me and his 20mm followed until it was locked at me. I looked back at him and the weapon strapped to my back locked on him and there was a loud thud as it automaticly loaded a round in the chamber.

 "Recruit", he barked, "what the hell are you doing with that weapon!?"

 "That's Major to you Captain", I returned calmly.

He studied me for a minute.

"Okay", he said, "Major Tyro sir, I'm Captain Rolland Sivath."

 I nodded, "as you were Captain"

 Rolland continued, "The eye piece is your HUD, it displays the condition of the vest itself, how well the weapon is working, the total amount of ammunition remaining in each weapon as well as a level of zoom proportional to the weapons you are carrying and as of recently, heart rate, stress level and radar. The headband will monitor your brain waves, thus allowing you to fire your weapons simply by thinking. You will each be watched carefully with the weapons you have chosen,if you can use it easily, then you will more than likely carry it into combat, if not we will find you one that you are more comfortable with, if none fit you, you may need a custom job. Once you have found what works, you will have a vest custom made to fit your body. Also after today,you will be placed in squads of five dragons and five humans, with weapons to cover your weakness and make the team stronger as a whole."

 One by one, Rolland had the other dragons pick vests and practice with him. I watched them closely. The most amusing one to watch was a Desert female with a Type-56 Mortar Tube. She kept getting the elevation wrong and the mortars were going off way to close, often making Rolland and her jump back when they did. After about the sixth burst, which went off about 50 feet away from them, Rolland, white in the face, said.

 "So I don't think the mortar tube fits you."

 To which she replied, also white in the face, "I agree, wanna try the 20mm?"

 "Whatever you want kid", Rolland replied.

 I heard Ator trying to keep back laughter, especially when his turn came up and he got a .308 Dillon Areo minigun. One by one, Rolland worked through the dragons before getting to me.

 "Okay sir", Rolland said, "I take your a recent recruit into the Draco Project otherwise you wouldn't be here."

 "Half and half", I replied, "I'm HDR, I've been trained as a Class Two Marine, which according to General Jackson outranks Draco Training, but I do need to remember how to use these guns."

"Remember?", Rolland asked.

"It's been a long time", I said, "last time I had anything to do with Draco was more than a decade ago."

 I followed Rolland aways away from the truck to a ledge that over looked a long firing range with the closest target being about 300 meters off, the furthest was about 5000 off.

 "Let's start with the Mk-48 sir", Rolland said, "just pick out three or four targets and let 'em have it."

 I scanned around, id'ing a sniper, a man carrying an RPG as well as a man with a RPD. I set my 48 for three round burst and zoomed in to deal with the sniper first. As the first burst left the barrel, I turned for the man with the rocket propelled grenade and then dealt with the machine gunner.

 "Interesting", Rolland said, "when I tell most recruits to engage any target, they pick the ones that are closest, you assessed the threat, and dealt with them by danger level."

 "Enlisted at 17 Cap", I replied, "right outta high school and was Class Two by the time I was 20."

 Rolland smiled, "you were Hudson's CO right?"

 "I was", I replied, "Task Force Raven."

 "I know", Rolland replied, "you guys had some of us Draco recruits pissing ourselves at the mere mention of your name. I heard you stormed that Villa in Cuba and killed some hundred guys."

 "I remember that", I said, "supposed to rescue two CIA boys. Specialist Nolan was killed, but we got David out."

 "I know", Rolland said, "I was there."

 "What you mean?", I asked.

 "My team flew in on the same mission", Rolland said, "you got to them first and our CO gave us an ass chewing afterwords."

 "My sniper Jackson saw you guys flying in", I replied, "I thought it was the junk food talking."

 "Junk food?", Rolland asked laughing.

 "We had a party the night before for Issac's birthday", I said, "you would not believe the amount of pizza I ate."

 Rolland laughed.

 "I spent like a half hour on the bathroom floor throwing my guts up", I replied laughing, "it was nearly 30 years ago, but since my human side died, there was nothing to over shadow it, it all seems like it only happened a few days ago."

"That's all kinds of creepy messed up brother", Rolland replied, "now, let's try the 105. Widen your stance so the recoil doesn't take you to your back. There's a T-62 a mile and a half out, it's taken three of your friends out of the fight. You want payback. Your in his sights, which means you have one shot and 10 seconds from the time you assume your firing position."

I adjusted my stance, zoomed in and let the round off, taking the turret off the top. The recoil was un believable, it sent shock waves through my body and put a ring in my ears. I'd never fired a weapon with so much recoil and I'd fired Barrett 20's without muzzle brakes before.

"The recoil on this is nuts", I said laughing, "they make muzzle brakes for these?"

I don't know", Rolland replied, "I bitched about the 20mm for years before they made the barrel heavier. That was a good kill by the way, now let's try the bunker two miles off."

Rolland let off four shots. Through the zoom, I could see them strike four targets, knocking them down. The targets were placed in an area full of sand bags and wooden stakes. There were also two machine guns and another tank.

 "Finish it sir", Rolland said.

 I let off another round from the 105. It struck the back end of the T-62. Igniting the fuel in the tanks and sending the tank as well as the rest of the emplacement up in a swirling cloud of black and yellow.

 "Now for the three mile target, Rolland said, zoom in."

 I zoomed to find a large gathering of targets around a Russian transport chopper, not only that, but there were dummies of US troops and a captured dragon as well.

"Your job,Rolland said,is to remove the helicopter from existence, while I take care of the guards, you have one shot, try for the upper part to avoid killing our guys. I won't fire until you do, Rolland said, but we're on a timer,so think before you shoot."

I lay down,tucking in my legs and straightening myself out so I was a position similar to a tank. I elevated my 105, using an old tactic called Kentucky Windage, I clipped the top of the helo off as Rolland eliminated the guards. We did this in under twenty seconds.

"Damn sir you can shoot", Rolland said, "anyone in combat with you should be able to lay down and take a nap in the middle of a battlefield."

"I wouldn't go that far", I said, "my sniper Jackson had so much trust in me, when we were trapped behind enemy lines for a while once, he was able to sleep through the night while the rest of us couldn't even close our eyes."

Rolland laughed, "sounds like the kid really looked up to you."

"He did", I replied, "and I let him down."

"How so sir?", Rolland asked tilting his head.

"He was killed by a Russian Spetsnaz operator in Vietnam", I replied, "I could have saved him. May have gotten shot a couple of times, but I could have."

 "I'm sorry sir", Rolland said.

 "Past can't be changed", I said, "I'm here now and I'm going to make the most of it."

 Rolland nodded to me and we began walking back tworads the trucks. As we turned he corner, I spotted Val trying to turn his Barrett 50 on himself. I'd tried to calm him down on the way in, but I guess it hadn't worked.

"SOMEONE STOP HIM!", Rolland shouted, "HE'S GONNA KILL HIMSELF!"

"No he's not", I said in a low voice as I lept after him. I quickly pinned him and knocked the muzzle of the weapon out of the path of his head just as it went off. Being so close put a ring in my ears.

"Just let me go Major!", Val said crying, "please just let me go!"

"What's wrong kid?", Rolland asked softly, "let us help you!"

"I don't wanna be here!", Val cried, "I wanna go home!"

I turned to Rolland, he nodded at me and turned to the other dragons.

"40 MILE RUN!", he shouted, "NOW!"

The other dragons cleared out as I let Val up. He'd gone face down in he dirt when I'd forced him down and the tears streaming down his face combined to make a grainy mud. Hudson wiped off Val's face and then left to set up the obstacle course on Rolland's order. I lay a wing over Val as he covered his face with his paws.

"What's your name kid?", Rolland asked softly.

"Valstrath", Val replied through his tears.

"Why?", I asked, "what would drive you to suicide?"

He only cried harder as I turned to Rolland. "Anything you can say will make this worse. I'm a Dad, so let me see if I can calm him down."

Rolland nodded to me and went and sat down next to one of he trucks as I turned back to Val.

"Do you have a family back home?"

 "Yes,he said sniffing a little, "my Mom and Dad,and my older sister."

"Think about this", I said softly, "how do you think it would make them feel if you killed yourself?"

 Val looked at me,his expression was that of emptiness and all consuming fear.

 "I think it'd make them feel exactly what you are feeling right now", I said. "You'll get out we all will. When I first enlisted,I was afraid,probably more so than you are, but my drill instructor was a good guy, I made some good friends and I ended up enjoying it. I get how the thought of going to combat and possibly getting hurt or even killed is enough to instill fear into anyone, but trust me, after your first brush with a knife wielding Juggernaut Maniac, everything changes. The point is, killing yourself may release you from torment at this very moment,but it will leave your family with grief for the rest of their lives.

 "I get it", Val said sniffing a little.

 "Head for the course Major", Rolland said, "I'll give Val a demo of his equipment and then we'll meet ya there."

 "Alright brother", I said spreading my wings and taking off.

 I arrived at the course in less than a minute. No one expect Hudson and Issac were there, and they were too busy to talk so I lay in the shade of a large shed and waited for Rolland and Val. I could hear the sounds of a 20 and a 50 split the sound barrier in the distance as the two of them practiced.

 The first dragon at the course was Vez. She seemed surprised when she saw me laying there.

 "Took ya long enough sister", I said laughing.

"How'd you beat me!?", she demanded.

"Magic", I said laughing.

Vez gave me a dirty look and then lay in the shade as the other dragons began to arrive.

"Okay maggots, Rolland said as he and Val arrived, this course will test how well you will preform in a combat zone. The rules are simple,navigate the course, remove as many insurgents as possible, kill as few civilians as possible,as fast as you can. The score system works like this,10 points per insurgent eliminated, 10 points per civilian unharmed, minus 10 per civiy kill and there are only 200 points for time,for every minute you take, you will lose 50 points from your time bonus. You will also be graded on ammo expended,versus targets dispatched, if your AE/TD ratio gets to high, you will lose the points from your score. Also, you will be graded on damage taken, take ten hits, your done and have to run the course again. It's live ammo, so be careful. Vezoth, your up."

Vez walked up t the course. She was armed with the same weapon Nina carried, dual Browning M2s. The second her tail crossed the line she instantly took four hits. Judging from the sounds, the shots had come from a Dragon SVD-63 sniper rifle in the red tower about four hundred feet from the starting line.

"Sniper in the red tower", I said marking it on my HUD. I also found the 105 trained itself in the direction of the tower. "That'll be useful."

As Vez continued through the course, she was shot twice more by a PKP Pencheg in a burned out house. She retaliated with a blast of automatic fire from her fifties.

"Pencheg in the burned out house", I said quietly and marking it on my HUD.

Vez was shot three more times by an RPD hidden in a taco stand as she neared the end of the course.

"RPD in the Taco Stand", I said marking it.

She made it through the course in 2:20, taking nine hits, two civiy kills, 35 insurgents killed with a AE/TD ratio of 6/1 her total score was in the area of 7-9 hundred.

"Not bad,Rolland said,but there's always room for improvement."

"Ator,your up."

Ator did much better,running the course in around 1:56 with 40 insurgent kills,three hits,no civiy kills with his AE/TD ratio around 3/1.

"Impressive", Rolland said, your score is 1,600."

The other dragons had good times and scores on the course,but no one was able to be Ator,who seemed to be a little smug about it. The entire time I was observing the locations of the terrorists and civilians and making notes on my HUD about their locations.

 "Major Serelath", Rolland shouted, "your up! show the maggots how Marines run a course."

I stepped up to the course. The second I stepped across the line, a red cross hair appeared on my HUD and I let off a round at the tower. It collapsed as Rolland shouted over a loud speaker.

"Move up Major!"

I ran through a long set of brick walls and came on an open courtyard with three buildings on either side and a couple of burned out cars laying in the street. Several metal cutouts lept up and produced AKMs.

 "Targets front!", Rolland shouted.

 I clicked over to my Mk-48 and dropped the targets as fast as I could. Weaving left and right to avoid the 7.62 ammo that was flying at me and threatening to imbed itself in my hide.

 "Move up!", Rolland shouted. I ran across the yard and into a building with two tipped over camping tables, more cutouts.

"Targets front!"

I fired about a half dozen rounds from the Mk-48 to clear the room. And then sprinted up the stairs, where a cutout lept forward with a shotgun.

"Bite him", Rolland shouted.

I shot my head forward and grabbed the cutout by it's fake wooden neck and yanked, tearing the dummies head off it's body.

"Press forward", Rolland said.

Three targets popped up and I fired two rounds from the Mk-48 to get them before jumping down from a patio and coming on the burned house. I tossed a Nine-Bang into the house and then let the 105 ring, finishing what the fire had started. I ran through the rubble of the house and came on a wide open street with the taco cart on the end. I could see the cutout with the RPD, but it didn't see me. I set my Mk-48 for semi automatic and gave a stroke of my wings to propel myself forward. I let off one shot, striking the cutout in the throat.

At the end of the street, there was an embassy type building with two guys in front of it. I ducked behind a building and charged up a Nine-Bang and tossed it down the street. I counted all nine flashes before jumping out and firing two rounds which made leg artery hits. I began charging another Nine-Bang in my balled up paw as I ran down the street and snapped to the wall beside the door way. I bashed the door down with a slam from my wing and tossed the flasher inside. I counted all nine again before jumping in and observing seven cutouts. I sprayed my fire at the five cutouts on ground level and fired two rounds from my Mk-48 to get the guys up top.

"Sprint for the exit", Rolland shouted, "clock's ticking!

I crossed the finish line panting,but otherwise unharmed.

"Time, 44 seconds, all insurgents killed, no civilian kills, no damage taken, and your AE/TD ratio was", Rolland paused as a wide smile crossed his face, 1/1. Major, you got a perfect score of 2,000. You can fight with me any day of the week soldier", Rolland said with a smile.

"Let this be a lesson maggots", Rolland said putting a paw on the back of my neck, "taking notes and pasting them on your HUD can help your time and greatly increase your performance. Head back to your barracks, you'll get your squad placements tomorrow."

I started for the barracks. Ator, Val and Vez followed me.

"Wonder what squad they'll put us in", Val asked.

"Hopefully one that keeps us close", I said, "you guys wanna catch dinner with me?"

"Sure", Vez said, "six okay?"

"Sounds fine to me", I said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Irradiated By ro_lin

Science Fiction

3K 180 33
Two years was all it took for the world to go into complete lockdown. Every continent became inhabitable except for Europe and Africa due to a strang...
133K 7.6K 28
[18+] - CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE Traumatized by life and grief-stricken, a young ex-soldier returns to his hometown hellbent on pursuing the woman he lov...
10.4K 114 20
A story of a girl who has been hurt many times before in the past making her unable to trust others when she meets someone who changes that for her...
Caveship By E. R. Maloza

Science Fiction

57.8K 5K 25
Nicholas Mason is a fairly average teenager from the small town of Aberdeen, Washington, in his final year of high school. When an earthquake awakens...