circles; h.potter

By PaintedPotter

❝SHE BURNED BRIGHTER THAN YOUR FUTURE ❞ ✰ Liana Holly's life was a mystery, a puzzle and in some aspects, a d... More

✰CIRCLES✰
ACT ONE- ADRONITIS
chapter one- the Potter legacy
chapter two- a contagious smile
chapter three- tea leaves
chapter four- a disregard for rules
chapter five- chocolate cake
chapter six- red and orange sparks
chapter seven- February 1984
chapter eight- paper packages
chapter nine- bubbles
chapter ten- broken noses
chapter eleven- little lion
chapter twelve- 'didn't even break his glasses!'
chapter thirteen- tears and chocolate frogs
chapter fourteen- christmas at hogwarts
chapter fifteen- Draco is sqaushed
16- Buckbeak's execution
17-The Dog, The Kids and The Werewolf
18- Hazel Eyes
19- Flash of Red Hair
20- The Missing Child
ACT TWO- HIRAETH
21- The London Public Library
22- Resigned to Hopelessness
23 - The Dynamic Duo
24- Cheese Sandwitches and Hidden Feelings
25-Alastor Moody
26- NOVEMBER 1987
27- SPEW
28- Vibrant Blue Flames
29- the Goblet of Fire
30- Painfully Intoxicated
31- The Hungarian Horntail
32- The Chocolate Frog Debate
33- Go get your girl
34- Yule Ball
35- Mince Pie Wrappers
36-The Black Lake Swimming Lessons
37- Body Bind Curse
38- Feeling Like Bliss
39- Wasting Away
ACT THREE| PART ONE- CHEROPHOBIA
40- Honeydukes
41 - Tonks and the Umbrella Stand
42-Wilted Flowers
43- Merlins Bloomers
44- Sirius Bends The Truth
45- Hot Chocolate
46- The Toad
47- The Rebel Takes Over
48- Detentions
49- Dragon Shit
50- Glasses of Vomit
51- Six Months of Detetion and A Quidditch Ban
52- Educational Decree No. 23
53- The Pieces of a Broken Heart
54-Muddy Knees
55- The Hufflepuff party
56- Night Terrors In the Maze
57- Sir Cadogan of Strong Heart and Steel
58- The Haunting of Liana Holly
59- Control Your Demons
60- The Halfbreed Visitor
ACT THREE| PART TWO- ABDITORY
61-Dark Secrets and Black Magic
62- Muggle Crosswords
63- Chronic Cases of Hiccups
64- Another Christmas
65- The Rose Balcony
66- A Ticking Time Bomb
67- Not Quite Back to Normal
68- The Truth of the Dream
69- Scarred Hands
70- Busted
71-Fred and George Leave with a Bang
72-A Stolen Wand
73- The Escape From The Dark Forest
75- Rescue Gone Wrong
76- Limbo
ACT FOUR| PART ONE- LIBEROSIS
77- Coffee and Euphoria
78- Stolen Spoon of Cornflakes
79- The Bracelet of Soujorn
80- An Emotional Professor McGonagall
81- Potions Prodigy
82- Sirius Orion Black
83- Unbreakable Vows With Snape
84- Midnight Strolls
85- Disastrous Dinner Date
86- A Broken Promise
88- The Half Blood Prince
89-Ginger Snaps
90-Sectumsempra
91- Five things you can see
92- The Demons Awaken
ACT FOUR| PART TWO- METANOIA
93-Best Friend Necklace
94- A Secret Choice
95- Aberforth
96- Time Of Forgiveness
97- Arson
98- New Beginnings
99- Aragog's Funeral

87- True Love Chocolates

3.2K 182 382
By PaintedPotter

╔═══════════════╗

THE burrow was burnt to the ground.

Everyone was safe and alive but it sure didn't feel like it. Liana stood in front of the burrow, motionless, speechless, a tear dripping from her chin as the last smouldering ashes died away. She crumpled to her knees, making Remus move towards her in concern but all Liana did was sit up and cross her legs, exhaustion and shock running through her body.

She just sat there, utterly unable to move herself. Thousands of thoughts sprinting through her brain. What would they do now? Where would the Wealseys go? Liana had a few belongings in the house but most of her things were still back at school or abandoned at Grimmauld place from fifth year. But the Weasleys- this was their whole life crumbling to nothing but dust before their eyes.

From beside her Ron was arguing with Mrs Weasley, trying to fight past her to get inside and try and salvage some of their belongings. But the bombshell of the death eater fight along with the fire had not done any favours for Mrs Weasley's temper as she shouted at Ron furiously, tears of her own brimming in her kind wrinkled eyes.

"No Ronald don't you dare! Stay back!" Mrs Weasley threatened as she threw her arms out in front of him and Ron sighed as he took in the remnants of his home.

"What do we do now mum?" Ginny asked numbly as she leant her head against Harry's shoulder, the upmost misery on her face as she too tried not to cry. Mrs Weasley shook her head as she searched for an answer, but she seemed completely lost for words and the only noise the managed to make was a rather strangled sob.

"Don't cry mum- it'll be okay," Fred tried to assure as he immediately wrapped his big arms around Mrs Weasley.

"Yes, yes, you're quite right Fred. I just need to pull myself together," Mrs Weasley nodded as she blew her nose on a hankie Remus passed over to her.

"We'll have to send the kids back to Hogwarts tonight, we don't have a choice. There's hardly that much left of the holiday anyway and we should get them someplace safe if the death eaters are still hanging around," recommended Tonks as she rubbed Remus' shoulder soothingly. Mrs Weasley just nodded once again.

"Maybe you should send McGonagall a patronus Tonks, let them know we're coming," offered Liana, trying to be of assistance as she wiped her eyes and clenched her fists, forcing some energy back into her body and ignoring the nagging feeling at the back of her mind that Bellatrix had gotten away for a second time. However when Liana looked down at her left fist she gave a triumphant smirk. She saw she was still clutching Bellatrix's wand.

"Good idea Liana, I'll go do that now," Tonks agreed appreciatively at Liana as she wandered over and held out her hands to help Liana up off the ground. Liana grabbed them and gratefully allowed Tonks to get her back on her feet.

"You okay kiddo?" Tonks muttered under her breath as she raised her eyebrows at Liana. Liana shrugged.

"As okay as one can be, mind you, at least it isn't my house that got attacked," Liana smiled in a very stretched fashion and Tonks grimaced in understanding before she moved away to send a message to McGonagall and Dumbledore.

Liana turned to head towards Hermione, who was standing beside George and shivering in cold, when her eyes caught on Harry.

The tall Potter boy was standing with Ginny's head on his shoulder, one arm around her waist and the other tucking a lock of her straight red hair out of the way for her. Liana felt as if she could throw up, her stomach lurching in jealousy and her body tensing furiously. Harry only ever did that to her. Those sweet and thoughtful actions that would usually make Liana's heart flutter. But seeing Harry do them to another girl evoked such anger that Liana had to look away.

"Deep breaths Liana, calm down, deep breaths or so Merlin help me," Liana cursed to herself as she wandered over to Will and Grey instead, turning her back on Harry and Ginny. Now was not the time for confrontations. Harry was going to have to explain himself that was for sure and Liana was never one to back down from a fight. However Ginny had just lost her family home and all her possessions and it was hardly fair of Liana to drop that on them now in front of everyone.

So Liana sealed her lips shut and just cracked her knuckles menacingly, trying to ignore her raging envy as Tonks hurried back over and began to apparate all the teens to just outside Hogwarts grounds where Professor McGonagall was set to meet them.

Liana hated apparating with every single bone in her body and as Remus grasped her arm she felt her entire body being jerked upwards, her eyes spinning as a million images danced through her vision.

"God that never gets easier," Liana swore as she and Remus thudded down on the ground with a terrific finality that made Liana's knees buckle and if it hadn't been for Remus' guiding arm around her, she would have toppled right over.

"I have to go back now and help Molly and Arthur. They may have to stay with Tonks and I for a while until they can get back on their feet again. But Liana please remember to write to me? Let me know you're safe and if anything happens?" Asked Remus hopefully and Liana smiled secretly that Remus seemed to care about her so much. It was an unfamiliar warmth to her but it made her feel loved.

"Sure Remus."

"And Liana about the dad thing-" Remus began, referring to when Liana had almost let the word slip but panic flooded Liana's bright blue eyes and she instantly clamped her hands over her ears.

"Lalalala- I can't hear you!" Liana cried in a sing song voice as she dashed over to the others who were waiting for her with Professor McGonagall who was looking highly amused, her pointed hat slightly askew and her robes sloppily pulled on, as if she had been fast asleep only minutes before.

Remus just chuckled quietly under his breath as he watched his daughter leave with the rest of the kids. Liana looked back over her shoulder to wave a final goodbye, but with a gentle pop, Remus had already disapparated.

"How come you're not in pyjamas Professor? It's the middle of the night," Liana wondered curiously to Professor McGonagall as the tribe of children began to trek up towards the castle grounds entrance.

Professor McGonagall straightened her pointed hat proudly.

"I felt this was a rather important matter. You've just been attacked so I thought it best not to be seen wandering around the castle grounds in my pyjamas Miss Holly," pointed out McGonagall, a twinkle in her blue eyes as she looked down at the young girl whom she was so fond of.

"Yes I suppose getting pummelled by death eaters would normally have required me to be decked out in my finery but it did take us all rather by surprise," Liana uttered sarcastically as she tried to pull her hoodie tighter around her body, feeling the freezing cold night air sweeping over her.

"Could you be any more rude Liana?" Snarked Ginny, from behind Liana, looking over at her with something close to disgust. Liana frowned in confusion, falling out of step with McGonagall so she was now equal with Harry and Ginny.

"What are you talking about?" Liana shook her head at Ginny who stamped her foot grumpily.

"My house just burnt down and you're making jokes about pyjamas? You really couldn't hold your tongue just this once? Talk about insensitive," Ginny growled. Liana opened her mouth incredulously, glancing between Ginny and Harry who looked equally as astounded as Liana.

"In case it slipped your notice Ginny, it was you who nearly got us all killed in the fields because you felt the overwhelming desire to drag all the death eaters over to us. Plus, I don't debate with home wreckers," Liana said cooly, her eyes glaring at Ginny scathingly.

Ginny gasped as it dawned on her that Liana had seen her and Harry before the fight in the cornfield and how they had nearly kissed. Ginny began to try and speak, her eyes unwilling however. As if she felt the need to confess something but couldn't bring herself too. But Liana cut her off aggressively before she even got to splutter one word out.

"Just do yourself a favour and shut up, I'm done dealing with you both."

With that she flounced off to rejoin Hermione and Professor McGonagall leading the way up through the damp grass and towards the castle, choosing to ignore the revolted looks Ginny was throwing in her direction.

"HEY Liana."

Liana glanced up from her bottle of fire whiskey where she was huddled up in the Gryffindor common room and audibly groaned in annoyance at the sight of Harry James Potter, leaning against the doorway from the boys dorms. He was shirtless and his hair slightly messed up from sleep. His skin glowed gently in the firelight, casting shadows over his shredded upper body and arms which flexed slightly as he began to walk over to Liana. Liana couldn't help the involuntary shiver that ran down her spine at the sight of him.

"What do you want Harry? And put some clothes on, this isn't a nudist camp," snapped Liana frostily as she took another swig of alcohol, shaking herself out of her momentary trance.

"That's my cue to leave," muttered Hermione as she slipped off the sofa where she had been snuggled up next to Liana and abandoned her in the common room to deal with Harry alone. Although instead of diving into her nice warm bed where Crookshanks was eagerly waiting, Hermione paused at the top of the stairs, listening intently to their conversations below.

"What's got your wand in a knot?" Frowned Harry at Liana's brisk tone. Liana just snorted.

"I don't take kindly to broken promises Harry," she shrugged coldly, her fingers gripping her bottle so hard that her knuckles had turned a stark white.

Harry's mouth fell open and he appeared to be struggling for words. "Come on Liana, don't be like that. You don't need to be threatened by Ginny, I want nothing to do with her." He coaxed as he wandered over to stand above where she was sitting, his hands reaching out to cup her cheeks gently.

Liana jumped to her feet however, well out of Harry's reach. Alcohol and the harsh feelings of injustice coursing through her body as she silently begged her powers to not take over. "If you want nothing to do with her then prove it Harry! You're just spewing hot air at me right now, your words have no validity, it means nothing until there is action behind them. And until you prove it to me, you're nothing but a filthy liar," Liana spat out crossly, her face barely inches away from Harry's.

Harry leant inwards slightly, almost from force of habit, but Liana recoiled as if he was going to burn her. She shook her head furiously at him, so disbelieving at his stupidity that she couldn't even find the effort to argue with Harry.

"Look just sit down and relax. I've got some chocolates that I got for Christmas. How about we share them and talk through this?" Harry offered and Liana opened her mouth to firmly refuse. But before she got a chance Harry had plonked her back down on the sofa, settled himself beside her and pulled out the pretty magenta coloured box.

"Why have you got chocolates called 'true love'?" Liana scoffed and she snatched the box from Harry's lap to peer at the writing on the card taped to the front.

Dear Harry,
Merry Christmas! Found these and thought of you.
Love Ginny.

Liana stared. She read the message again and again, blinking her eyes forcefully and willing that it would just be a trick of the light, that these chocolates would just be a prank from Ron or Fred. But sure enough the words stayed the same, in the same bold print. Liana whipped her head around to glare at Harry, not with anger this time but with hurt.

"How ridiculous do you have to be?" Liana demanded as she got to her feet, chocolate box in hand and threw them to the floor.

"Liana what the hell? I'm trying to sort this out because I can't understand why you're so angry at me!" Harry exclaimed as he crouched to the floor at once and began to brush the fallen chocolates into the palm of his hand before placing the back in the box.

"And the way to do that is giving me some of the 'true love' chocolates Ginny gave you?" Liana mocked, holding in tears desperately.

"She didn't mean any harm Liana. They're delicious, if you try one-" Harry began.

But without giving Harry an opportunity to defend himself any further, Liana pushed past him roughly, her shoulder bashing into his rock hard chest as she stomped up the stairs to the girls dorm and almost head butted Hermione's face as she rounded the corner to find the girl waiting for her.

Hermione took one look at Liana and saw behind her ocean blue eyes her anger was dissolving and her bottom lip was quivering slightly as she fought back her upset. Hermione instantly wrapped her arms around Liana, bringing her into the softest hug she could and running a hand through Liana's hair calmly as Liana blinked away any tears that might've fallen.

"He'll come around eventually. He's just being a prick," Hermione reassured but Liana shook her head as she pulled away.

"Will he though?"

╚═══════════════╝

AN

Sorry for the extra few days wait! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and thank you for all of the support I've been getting- I came back to two thousand notifications! This is a bit shorter than normal but my last chapter was longer than normal so I'm hoping it balances out for you all!

This is unedited so let me know if you spot any mistakes.

Xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.1K 1.2K 59
Twists of Fate: Entangled Threads Cassandra "Sandy" Alice Turner, younger cousin to none other than the Hermione Granger was thrown into the peril of...
128K 2.7K 67
Emily Potter is not as well known as her little nephew Harry. Emily was only six years old when James and Lily were murdered. Everyone was sure that...
2.3K 14 40
Everybody is shocked when Olivia arrives at Hogwarts during the 5th year. No one seems to know anything about her, except Dumbledore. And many want t...
32K 1K 29
Y/N Miller was a "die-hard" fan of Harry Potter books and movies... She always wished to have some kind of magic ✨ And one day, her entire reality w...